Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Wow!

http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/All-My-Children-and-One-Life-to-Live-coming-to-OWN

June 26, 2013

Los Angeles—OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is hosting a summer fling for soap fans as the network has acquired the first 40 episodes of The OnLine Network's reprisal of the popular daytime dramas All My Children and One Life to Live for a special exclusive 10-week limited engagement. Half-hour episodes of each show will air Monday through Thursday beginning Monday, July 15 with All My Children at 1 p.m. ET/PT and One Life to Live at 3 p.m. ET/PT only on OWN.

"These shows have proven to be very popular with a significant, loyal fan base, not to mention Oprah herself is a big fan," said Erik Logan, president, OWN. "Many of our viewers across numerous platforms have expressed their passion for the soaps so we are especially excited to air this limited engagement on OWN."

"We are really excited to bring OWN viewers and our audience at large an opportunity to catch up on All My Children and One Life to Live on traditional television," said Jeff Kwatinetz, CEO Prospect Park Networks. "We look forward to our millions of fans enjoying the first 40 episodes of the shows."

All My Children revisits the citizens of Pine Valley following the cliffhanger finale of the long-running network series, which saw a gun pointed at a room filled with the community's elite, and a shot ringing out. Now, five years later, longtime series characters including Brooke English (Julia Barr) and Adam Chandler (David Canary) reflect on the aftermath of that fateful event, new characters are introduced, and life in Pine Valley continues to be fueled by the drama and action that has made the Emmy Award-winning series a fan favorite for decades. Longtime series stars Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard), Debbi Morgan (Dr. Angela Hubbard), Vincent Irizarry (Dr. David Hayward), Lindsay Hartley (Cara Martin), Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin Castillo), Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt), Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater), Julia Barr (Brooke English), Eden Riegel (Bianca Montgomery), Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney), Ray MacDonnell (Dr. Joe Martin), David Canary (Adam Chandler), Matthew Cowles (Billy Clyde Tuggle) and Michael Nader (Dimitri Marick), are joined by newcomers Robert Scott Wilson (Pete Cortlandt), Sal Stowers (Cassandra Foster), Eric Nelsen (AJ Chandler), Denyse Tontz (Miranda Montgomery), Jordan Lane Price (Celia Fitzgerald), Paula Garces (Lea Marquez), Brooke Newton (Colby Chandler), Jason Pendergraft (Dr. Anders), Heather Roop (Jane McIntyre) and Ryan Bittle (JR Chandler).

As One Life to Live makes its return to the small screen, everyone in Llanview, PA is preparing for the opening of a new nightclub, Shelter. But the fun and games of Llanview's nightlife are soon interrupted by a murder that puts everyone on edge. Longtime series stars return including Melissa Archer (Natalie Buchanan Banks), Kassie DePaiva (Blair Cramer), Roger Howarth (Todd Manning), Florencia Lozano (Tea Delgado), Kelley Missal (Danielle Manning), Erika Slezak (Victoria Lord), Hillary B. Smith (Nora Buchanan), Robin Strasser (Dorian Lord), Jerry verDorn (Clint Buchanan), Tuc Watkins (David Vickers), Robert S. Woods (Bo Buchanan), Shenaz Treasury (Rama Patel), Josh Kelly (Cutter Wentworth) and Andrew Trischitta (Jack Manning) as well as new cast members Corbin Bleu (Jeffrey King), Robert Gorrie (Matthew Buchanan), Laura Harrier (Destiny Evans), Paolo Seganti (Arturo Bandini), Ron Raines (Carl Peterson) and recurring cast including Nick Choksi (Vimal Patel), Alice Callahan (Kate), Marnie Schulenburg (Jo Sullivan) and Sean Ringgold (Shaun Evans).

New episodes of both series, which returned online on April 29, 2013, are being produced by Prospect Park and The OnLine Network (TOLN). One Life to Live originally debuted on ABC in 1968 and All My Children originally debuted on ABC in 1970. The shows were created by Agnes Nixon, and each ran for more than 40 years, until 2011. Both series have won numerous Daytime Emmys, and have earned hundreds of nominations in various categories.

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/All-My-Children-and-One-Life-to-Live-coming-to-OWN#ixzz2XLh4kN4t

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow, that is great news! So Oprah is a big soap fan now that the shows are doing so well, snort!
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
If I'm correct in thinking they will air 4 episodes each a week...(w/o bothering to do the math), doesn't this mean that at some point the new episodes will air on OWN before they stream on Hulu/Itunes?

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for posting!!

I guess they are starting from the beginning then??

This is fantastic news!!

June
kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Great news!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Hahaha!  I just texted this news to my BFF and the first thing she said was "What about the cussing?"   It'll be interesting to see how they deal with THAT!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Interesting.........

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
This is GREAT news!  Thanks for letting us know about it. Even though I have been religiously watching on iTunes,  this will give me the ability to renew my old habit of recording to discs (with all the sorely missed selective activities that they make possible), as well as the enjoyment of watching on a much larger screen. WAY TO GO, OPRAH!!!!
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I just heard about this on my local ABC station, and was so excited to come and post about it here.  Serves me right for not checking in here for a whole day that I missed this thread altogether, LOL.  I should have known better Alina, you are always on top of things, thanks for posting the whole article. 

I love that AMC will air in the same time slot as it was on ABC.  I do wonder once they catch up, if Hulu will continue to make the new shows available early mornings or coordinate with OWN airings.

I am sure we all are going to do our part in boosting the ratings for this to become a permanent deal, as per my local ABC station, OWN is going to make it permanent if the ratings are good during this trial period.

Off to do my happy dance with my fingers/toes/eyes/arms crossed

DebbieR

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I love it now I won't have to buy a new computer lol
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Great News.  Peggy
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
I do wonder once they catch up, if Hulu will continue to make the new shows available early mornings or coordinate with OWN airings.

Well, I got an answer from the "More" episode.  I can't believe they will be putting a whole week's shows online on Monday mornings from now on.  Oh well...........

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
If I'm correct in thinking they will air 4 episodes each a week...(w/o bothering to do the math), doesn't this mean that at some point the new episodes will air on OWN before they stream on Hulu/Itunes?

I am looking at my DirecTV guide and it shows four episodes PER DAY, not per week.  It is 11 am to 1 pm CST, and it is Monday through Friday, not Monday through Thursday.  At that rate, they should be done airing 40 episodes in ten days, so I am wondering, is it limited engagement of 10 weeks as said in press release or two weeks as shown on DirecTV guide?

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
A lot of repeats!!!!!!!!!

But I will continue to tune in, just to get the ratings up.........

kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
A lot of repeats!!!!!!!!!

But I will continue to tune in, just to get the ratings up.........

Me too searose!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

I am looking at my DirecTV guide and it shows four episodes PER DAY, not per week.  It is 11 am to 1 pm CST, and it is Monday through Friday, not Monday through Thursday.  At that rate, they should be done airing 40 episodes in ten days, so I am wondering, is it limited engagement of 10 weeks as said in press release or two weeks as shown on DirecTV guide?

Well, it looks like they are finally down to four episodes a week starting today (at noon CST).

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Damn, damn, damn!  I wish they'd tell us in advance when they are going to change patterns. I have been recording every day at !:00 EST, but because i was caught up in another project this morning, I forgot for the VERY FIRST time to tune in until  about 1:25 and the episode was almost over. Thinking OWN would follow its pattern of repeating that epi at 1:30, I set up to catch it then, but OLTL came on instead. Now I'm wondering if this epi will be re-shown tomorrow before a new one (as it would have been before) or have I lost my chance forever to get it on a disc. Maddening!!  According to my notes made when originally seeing this epi on iTunes,  this one had about 5 minutes of Zach scenes.  I guess the Friday repeats are gone too, right?
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
pah, according to my DirecTV guide, OWN will be airing AMC Monday thru Thursday one episode each at noon CST.  No Fridays.  And the episode descriptions tell me that there are no more repeats.  But then again, what was listed last week and what aired were not in sync half the times.  So I hope that for your sake, they will have a repeat of today's episode.

I don't know whether you are directly recording Zach scenes as they air, or if you first record the whole episode on DVR or VCR that you use to later copy Zach scenes from, to make your discs.  If you are using DVR or VCR, then just set it to record all AMC episodes as they air, just to be safe, and then you can delete the non-Zach episodes and repeats.  That way, you don't have to worry about watching the clock or missing something.

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks, Searose, for your advice. I spent the last few minutes looking into the OWN website, and discovered that  yes, I'm out of luck for ever getting today's epi on a disc.  I have been DVR-ing whole epis and  then later transferring only  the Zach scenes to a "Final" disc.(Did the same thing with "Smash".  I signed up from the start with the iTunes "20 for $9.95" with automatic renewals, so I DO have this missing epi on my computer, but I can't do anything  except WATCH it THERE.....can't see it on my TV screen (which is larger), or print out still shots, or transfer Z-scenes to "Finals",etc.  I know I could timeset for "dailies", but I so often manually record other things at night  and am not sure the two actions wouldn't interfere with each other. I am home almost 24/7 and am usually very 1:00 oriented. I just reviewed today's epi on my  iTunes collection, and boy, I missed a GOOD one, didn't I?
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Kathy, I tried to reply to your Private Message, (accepting your help, of course) but don't really know how that works so it may not show up for you. If you don't see it, let me know and I'll use e-mail instead. I know that works.  Thanks for the offer.
Donne

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
We have the new DVR through Comcast. If I miss part of a show and then tape it, the entire show tapes. This is great!
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I don't know about other cable guides, but my DirecTV guide shows Thursday September 19th as the last AMC episode (and has switched timeslot with OLTL for that day only).  It looks like in total, they will be airing one less episode than what is online.  If so, all I can say is, the one they drop better be the Zach-less episode.

I wish I had a clue as to when Season Two starts!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
The last info I saw about Season Two of AMC/PP is that it will resume on  Oct 19th.  But there seems to be much debate about whether or not that's a resumption of filming or when it will air again. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
     Searose, thanks for confirming that date.  According to my notes re iTunes epis this is perfect, IMO, if they follow this schedule:    OWN called today's epi #38, so four more episodes SHOULD include : Mon.#39 &  Tues.#40- useless no-Zach days,  and Wed.#41 & Thurs#42- which are both REALLY GREAT Zach days. That would leave un-shown only the "Finale"#43 which is another no-Z day and serves more as a teaser and set-up for Season Two. I wouldn't care about missing that one at all.  I just pray they don't mess with, eliminate, or chop out any Z-footage from 41 & 42 !!.
     Do we know for sure that there will be a Season Two and that OWN will carry it?                  
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
PP says production will resume on Oct 19th for season two but no word from OWN on carrying it. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Sharon, thanks for the update on Season Two.  It is going to be such a long wait [sigh]

Pat, it looks like DirecTV has corrected the program guide and it shows Thursday's AMC/OLTL in their regular slots. Yes, I too hope that it is episode #43 that they are dropping, so we get ALL of Zcenes!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Well, we got all of Zepisodes on OWN, so that's a good thing for now.  They ARE running the season finale, it is to start in a few minutes, not that I care to watch.

Now I am going to start praying for season two to air on OWN also [wink]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.