Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Here I am, a day off from work, and should be getting a million things around the house done and since 8:00 this morning I have been on here watching all of the Patrick clips.  I cannot seem to get enough and I am searching all over the internet for more, but as I quickly found out, this is the only and best place to find the absolute best TK clips.  I really want to say thank you for the best relaxing hours I have had in a long time, but do you think I need professional help??  LOL!!!

tkrocks

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Yep, I couldn't agree more. It's a great way to spend a day. I just watched them all the other day and I wanted to say thank you to Christy, Kathy, and Gina for making them available to those of us who discovered TK later in his career. I completely missed the Marty/Patrick years as I'm not a OLTL watcher, but I always wondered what all the fuss was about with them--now I know and it was worth the hype. They were wonderful together and wonderful characters (what am I saying of course they were since TK was the actor). I thoroughly enjoyed them. I just wished I'd been turned on to him all those years ago. Thank you so much ladies!

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.--Peter Ustinov
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 

Awww, that's music to our ears. Patrick Thornhart was quite a phenomenon -- and he is so worth getting to know if you only ever "met" TK after he started playing Zach Slater. Christy and I still laugh about the sarcastic reaction of one of our friends to Christy's ga-ga-ness over Patrick the day after he first aired on OLTL. "You sound like you have a new boyfriend!"

To which Christy shrugged, "I do!"  Eleven years later came that newspaper article about TV boyfriends with Zach at #1. (g)

We have more videos in the pipeline and one of these days will get them up. There is no cure for it that I'm aware of -- only maintenance!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrocks
Yep, I couldn't agree more. It's a great way to spend a day. I just watched them all the other day and I wanted to say thank you to Christy, Kathy, and Gina for making them available to those of us who discovered TK later in his career. I completely missed the Marty/Patrick years as I'm not a OLTL watcher, but I always wondered what all the fuss was about with them--now I know and it was worth the hype. They were wonderful together and wonderful characters (what am I saying of course they were since TK was the actor). I thoroughly enjoyed them. I just wished I'd been turned on to him all those years ago. Thank you so much ladies!

I know what you mean, b/c I realize I wasted a lot of yrs watching the wrong
soaps!!  I have caught up w/Ian on PC on Soapnet, but the only way to have
our Patrick is to see these wonderful clips that our mods have made available & I'd also like to send them big hugs for this amazing gift!!  Patrick is just incredible & I am grateful I can see he & Marty here.  Thank you Kathy, Christy, Gina!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Awww, that's music to our ears. Patrick Thornhart was quite a phenomenon -- and he is so worth getting to know if you only ever "met" TK after he started playing Zach Slater. Christy and I still laugh about the sarcastic reaction of one of our friends to Christy's ga-ga-ness over Patrick the day after he first aired on OLTL. "You sound like you have a new boyfriend!"

To which Christy shrugged, "I do!"  Eleven years later came that newspaper article about TV boyfriends with Zach at #1. (g)

We have more videos in the pipeline and one of these days will get them up. There is no cure for it that I'm aware of -- only maintenance!

Acutally, hearing that you have more clips that might someday be addes is music to my ears!!  Thanks, June
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Quote:

Acutally, hearing that you have more clips that might someday be addes is music to my ears!!  Thanks, June

Check out the front page! (And to think I used to think OLTL writing was craptastic back then. Watching these old scenes again in light of what soaps have become, seemed like watching Masterpiece Theater.)

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:

Check out the front page! (And to think I used to think OLTL writing was craptastic back then. Watching these old scenes again in light of what soaps have become, seemed like watching Masterpiece Theater.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, ladies for more Patrick clips.  I missed him completely on OLTL.  You have made my day, though my productivity level for today has plummeted!  I loved Masterpiece Theater.  My Mum used to make me watch Upstairs, Downstairs and Rumpole of the Bailey with her -- classics! 

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

OMG!!  Thank you so much.  Looks like my evening is going to be very unproductive, but who the hell cares!!  Thanks again.  June

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie
Quote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, ladies for more Patrick clips.  I missed him completely on OLTL.  You have made my day, though my productivity level for today has plummeted!  I loved Masterpiece Theater.  My Mum used to make me watch Upstairs, Downstairs and Rumpole of the Bailey with her -- classics! 

(How about Poldark?!)

One thing that really struck me about these OLTL scenes -- they were so long compared to what I'm used to on AMC, they were so populated, and as much as I can't believe I'm saying this now -- this is how much I'm beaten down by McTavish -- the writing seemed sharp, humorous, characters interact with each other rather than just act at each other, and speak words that might actually come out of the mouths of real human beings. And did you get a load of the political undercurrents -- mouthy liberal journalist (and Patrick's fellow Irishman) Mel Hayes trashing Lord Armitage as a right-wing Rupert Murdoch-like tool. That would never fly these days. But I hated having to include so much of Todd Manning (I edited his scenes down as much as I could) and that reminds me that then, as now, some characters can get away with murder.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
(How about Poldark?!)

One thing that really struck me about these OLTL scenes -- they were so long compared to what I'm used to on AMC, they were so populated, and as much as I can't believe I'm saying this now -- this is how much I'm beaten down by McTavish -- the writing seemed sharp, humorous, characters interact with each other rather than just act at each other, and speak words that might actually come out of the mouths of real human beings. And did you get a load of the political undercurrents -- mouthy liberal journalist (and Patrick's fellow Irishman) Mel Hayes trashing Lord Armitage as a right-wing Rupert Murdoch-like tool. That would never fly these days. But I hated having to include so much of Todd Manning (I edited his scenes down as much as I could) and that reminds me that then, as now, some characters can get away with murder.

I don't remember Poldark.  I must have missed that one, though I am sure my Mum didn't.

I hate Todd Manning!  Thank you for including him in the scenes to help me understand the story line, but he is evil. What I find ironic -- is that I have seen the current OLTL once or twice and somehow the current Todd Manning, while also evil, seems a little more palatable.  Maybe he hides behind those all american boy looks.  But the old Todd Manning just exudes evil, evil, evil. 

I have to agree the dialog was beautiful, smart and at a level well above today's current shows.  I will watch any show that has witty dialog, it pulls me in.  That's probably why I am hooked on Boston Legal -- it's the only show that I think tries to push the envelope with undercurrents and witty dialog. The other show that did that was Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip that has been canceled.  I can't help but feel the media, the current political climate and people just simply checking out -- has dumbed down the majority of the viewing audience (which is obviously the group Frons looks to justify his continuously bad decisions).  Maybe growing up with Alistair Cooke on my scene every evening ruined me for Frons and the current legion of network executives that would rather fill their screen with sensational journalism and junk TV.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.