Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Am I alone in wondering WTF they showed today, and are we only going to get 4 eps a week? They already cut the show in half, now they knock off another 20%? Not to whine, but I hope this is just a temporary thing while they are ramping up production. Has anyone read anything about this Friday format? Although I selfishly don't want them to stop until they feature TK.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Gina, from what I've read, new eps will air Monday-Thursday only. Friday's will just be a recap show like we saw today. I haven't seen anything to indicate they have plans to expand to 5 eps a week down the road. It is what it is, lol!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
My WTF was the advice segment. It felt gratuitous and I found it ironic after reading so many mainstream news articles on the return of AMC and OLTL that were complimentary and respectful to see them giving a platform to an advice book shilling author dispensing superficial tips - to me it came across as a message that soap viewers simply must need help from self-styled "experts."

I don't think we need a mini-Chew, Talk,  Revolution or imitation of any other "lifestyle" show that replaced AMC and OLTL when they were on ABC.

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
To me these Friday "filler" segments are going to be wasted time. I'll watch  on a "just in case" basis, but I'd much rather have a fifth episode each week.....the exception being, of course, the weeks they talk to Thorsten. Maybe it's a financial necessity at this point. I'm trying to be very lenient with all judgments at this point to give them time to figure out what to do, what works, and what doesn't.
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
My WTF was the advice segment. It felt gratuitous and I found it ironic after reading so many mainstream news articles on the return of AMC and OLTL that were complimentary and respectful to see them giving a platform to an advice book shilling author dispensing superficial tips - to me it came across as a message that soap viewers simply must need help from self-styled "experts."

I don't think we need a mini-Chew, Talk,  Revolution or imitation of any other "lifestyle" show that replaced AMC and OLTL when they were on ABC.

I totally agree!!!!!! However, like Gina, I want them to feature TK before they stop...preferably with Julia Barr or Debbie Morgan.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.