Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  

Reply with quote  #1 

I was not watching any daytime 10 year ago so I missed out on Marty and Patrick.

I'm so confused.  I was watching a clip today where Patrick gets shot and dies in Marty's arms.   What the hell?  I thought they lived happily ever after on his Harley in Ireland.

Fill me in please.  I'm all screwed up.

Thanks!!!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousFraulein

I was not watching any daytime 10 year ago so I missed out on Marty and Patrick.

I'm so confused. I was watching a clip today where Patrick gets shot and dies in Marty's arms. What the hell? I thought they lived happily ever after on his Harley in Ireland.

Fill me in please. I'm all screwed up.

Thanks!!!

Patrick wasn't really dead.  The EMT's in Llanview are about as competent as the ones in Pine Valley. 

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

I'm so confused. I was watching a clip today where Patrick gets shot and dies in Marty's arms. What the hell? I thought they lived happily ever after on his Harley in Ireland.

Thanks!!!

Patrick wasn't really dead.  The EMT's in Llanview are about as competent as the ones in Pine Valley. 

LOL Christy,that's true. OMG , i am sure i have said this before but i really at the time thought they killed our Patrick off and was about to go into a deep depression,lol.

Omgosh,i just remembered,weren't you and Kathy there seeing those scenes filmed if i am remembering right?

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!!!

LOL Christy,that's true. OMG , i am sure i have said this before but i really at the time thought they killed our Patrick off and was about to go into a deep depression,lol.

Omgosh,i just remembered,weren't you and Kathy there seeing those scenes filmed if i am remembering right?

Thanks everyone.  I'll have to catch up on the other clips.   I think I mix them up occasionally and is screws me all up.  I was so sad when I saw that clip.  I love "Patrick"!!  He runs neck and neck with "Zach".  Oh TK.........the things you have done to this 40 year old.  I'm 16 again.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:

Yeppers....we've never looked at gurneys the same way since!

Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Quote:

Yeppers....we've never looked at gurneys the same way since!

Gosh......what an experience you guys had.  How fun would that be!!!  But I think I was traipsing around Europe for 3 months at that time so I can't complain.  In fact, I believe I was in Mainz, Deutchland, where "he" was born.    That was one giant 3 month long party. 

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maresydotes
Quote:

I'm so confused.  I was watching a clip today where Patrick gets shot and dies in Marty's arms.   What the hell?  I thought they lived happily ever after on his Harley in Ireland.

Thanks!!!

Hi FF!

Have you watched the end of the clip "PM Wedding #5"? Then watch clips 6 & 7. Explains it all.

~Mary~

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  Thank you Mary..........Thank you.  I've haven't seen anything more romantic. Gosh Darn these stupid Soap writers today!!!!   Why can't they just write 'em like they used to.  Why........why...................why can't they bring this type of  love story back.  They'll never give "Zendall" what Patrick & Marty had.  Never ever. Oh the shame of it all.  I'm happily married but I want me a "Patrick". Oh the shame of it all.  By the way, Susan Haskell is one heck of an awesome actress.   Beautiful to boot.

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!!!

Hi FF!

Have you watched the end of the clip "PM Wedding #5"? Then watch clips 6 & 7. Explains it all.

~Mary~

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  Thank you Mary..........Thank you.  I've haven't seen anything more romantic. Gosh Darn these stupid Soap writers today!!!!   Why can't they just write 'em like they used to.  Why........why...................why can't they bring this type of  love story back.  They'll never give "Zendall" what Patrick & Marty had.  Never ever. Oh the shame of it all.  I'm happily married but I want me a "Patrick". Oh the shame of it all.  By the way, Susan Haskell is one heck of an awesome actress.   Beautiful to boot.

Everything was so magical with the Marty and Patrick story. It worked from the get-go. The writing was fantastic. Thorsten and Susan had great chemistry together, but also they are two really fine, truly talented actors. My heart breaks all over again everytime I watch Susan in the penthouse screaming at Todd during Patrick's "death" scene. It's such an outstanding performance. Thorsten makes my heart melt in every scene as Patrick. Even the music was beautiful - that lovely haunting Irish sound.

It was romance at it's finest. Nothing will ever compare...

Thank you again Mary!!!  I've got puddles of tear around me.   My husband thinks I'm nutty but if he saw the story of both of P & M, I think he'd like it too.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Oh, Patrick and Marty fans were every bit as incensed over the writing that Patrick and Marty got as any Zendall fan could possibly be over Zendall, I assure you. In fact, we were even more so. OLTL's writing was even worse than AMC's....they turned Patrick from a peace-loving poet into a teenaged terrorist who had to leave the country in secret. I used to think we were lucky they didn't kill him off - but then, when Marty's made appearances since then, you would never have known Patrick ever existed.

I don't consider a shoot 'em up wedding very romantic. It was nothing but a big FU to P&M fans. The OLTL experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that I - who had watched OLTL since 1968 - stopped watching it and all other soaps the day P&M left Llanview.

Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Oh, Patrick and Marty fans were every bit as incensed over the writing that Patrick and Marty got as any Zendall fan could possibly be over Zendall, I assure you. In fact, we were even more so. OLTL's writing was even worse than AMC's....they turned Patrick from a peace-loving poet into a teenaged terrorist who had to leave the country in secret. I used to think we were lucky they didn't kill him off - but then, when Marty's made appearances since then, you would never have known Patrick ever existed.

I don't consider a shoot 'em up wedding very romantic. It was nothing but a big FU to P&M fans. The OLTL experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that I - who had watched OLTL since 1968 - stopped watching it and all other soaps the day P&M left Llanview.

I suppose so.  It didn't watch all those years ago.  In fact, I didn't watch daytime at all.   It's just that the clips on this website are so romantic.  Maybe I would have felt like you if I'd been watching all those years ago. 

I'm not surprised that the writers screwed around with this storyline too.  The clips were just so very romantic though. Very very romantic.  Especially the last scene with them.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:

Quote:

I thought the way the wedding played out fit in well with the rest of the story. Patrick's storyline was not just about romance but also intrigue and espionage and that is where the Men of 21 came in.

I kept watching OLTL for awhile after Susan and Thorsten left to see Roger Howarth. I loved him as Todd. I was very into the Todd and Blair and Marty storyline before it evolved into the Patrick and Marty storyline.

I loved Beau and Nora, too. Used to watch to see them - great couple.

I absolutely loathe Todd and Blair.  Todd is my most hated soap character of all time...no matter who plays him, I find him repellent.  I honestly don't understand how any Patrick and Marty fan could have liked Todd, after what he did to Patrick. 

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I thought the way the wedding played out fit in well with the rest of the story. Patrick's storyline was not just about romance but also intrigue and espionage and that is where the Men of 21 came in.

I kept watching OLTL for awhile after Susan and Thorsten left to see Roger Howarth. I loved him as Todd. I was very into the Todd and Blair and Marty storyline before it evolved into the Patrick and Marty storyline.

I absolutely loathe Todd and Blair.  Todd is my most hated soap character of all time...no matter who plays him, I find him repellent.  I honestly don't understand how any Patrick and Marty fan could have liked Todd, after what he did to Patrick. 

huh.......don't know any Todd or Blair.  As usual I missed all this all those years ago.  Patrick Thornhart....sigh.......

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

huh.......don't know any Todd or Blair.  As usual I missed all this all those years ago.  Patrick Thornhart....sigh.......

Todd is a rapist,he raped Marty years ago.Tried to kill Patrick and he is just your all around wonderful man...NOT.He and Blair deserve one another.Gosh,just thinking of them still can upset me.lol.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Todd is a rapist,he raped Marty years ago.Tried to kill Patrick and he is just your all around wonderful man...NOT.He and Blair deserve one another.Gosh,just thinking of them still can upset me.lol.

See how passionate he makes you feel?? We need characters like that! Todd is trouble with a capital T. Roger Howarth got me to feel sorry for Todd while, at the same time, hating him for all the bad things he did. He knew how to stir up alot of emotion. Trevor St. John, who plays Todd now, is a good actor, but not a great one like Roger Howarth.

I am sorry but i have to disagree.You are entitled to your opinion,and here is mine. Ok,yes there will always be bad characters on the soaps,but if they are bad,i really wish the writers wouldn't then decide to change them making them into heros when clearly they are NOT and should be locked away in jail.Though i think jail is too good for the toad.And after what Todd did to Marty&Patrick,i have a really hard time feeling sorry for Todd and i for one NEVER have.

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

See how passionate he makes you feel?? We need characters like that! Todd is trouble with a capital T. Roger Howarth got me to feel sorry for Todd while, at the same time, hating him for all the bad things he did. He knew how to stir up alot of emotion. Trevor St. John, who plays Todd now, is a good actor, but not a great one like Roger Howarth.

I am sorry but i have to disagree.You are entitled to your opinion,and here is mine. Ok,yes there will always be bad characters on the soaps,but if they are bad,i really wish the writers wouldn't then decide to change them making them into heros when clearly they are NOT and should be locked away in jail.Though i think jail is too good for the toad.And after what Todd did to Marty&Patrick,i have a really hard time feeling sorry for Todd and i for one NEVER have.

Hey......isn't Todd the dude that got "raped" by some psycho women?   If that's the case, and I saw a clip about this, Marty (SH) came back to the show for a while.  or was that just temporary?   The "man getting raped" storyline was kind of weird.  How does a women rape a man?  I'll have to contemplate this one.  This could make for some good descriptive writing.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I absolutely loathe Todd and Blair. Todd is my most hated soap character of all time...no matter who plays him, I find him repellent. I honestly don't understand how any Patrick and Marty fan could have liked Todd, after what he did to Patrick.

huh.......don't know any Todd or Blair. As usual I missed all this all those years ago. Patrick Thornhart....sigh.......

It's not passion, it's repulsion. Big difference. There's no way I "need" a character who destroyed my favorite characters.

Todd destroyed Patrick and Marty's lives - over something that Patrick never even did in the first place. Remember, Todd accused Patrick of causing the accident that killed Brendan, when it was Kelly who did it and admitted it. But that didn't stop Todd from dressing up in a Patrick wig and a padded jacket and blowing up Lord Whiting's yacht (with Lord Whiting on it) to frame Patrick in retaliation...then bringing the Men of 21 to town, an act that backfired big time on Todd - until Patrick saved his worthless life and almost lost his in the process. Patrick did lose his life as Patrick Thornhart because of it. Also, whoever plays Todd, I'd loathe him just the same...I certainly never felt sorry for him for anything, not the way he took out his rage on innocent people - including my favorite characters.

Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion.... but this board isn't and never has been a place for Todd defense.

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I absolutely loathe Todd and Blair. Todd is my most hated soap character of all time...no matter who plays him, I find him repellent. I honestly don't understand how any Patrick and Marty fan could have liked Todd, after what he did to Patrick.

huh.......don't know any Todd or Blair. As usual I missed all this all those years ago. Patrick Thornhart....sigh.......

It's not passion, it's repulsion. Big difference. There's no way I "need" a character who destroyed my favorite characters.

Todd destroyed Patrick and Marty's lives - over something that Patrick never even did in the first place. Remember, Todd accused Patrick of causing the accident that killed Brendan, when it was Kelly who did it and admitted it. But that didn't stop Todd from dressing up in a Patrick wig and a padded jacket and blowing up Lord Whiting's yacht (with Lord Whiting on it) to frame Patrick in retaliation...then bringing the Men of 21 to town, an act that backfired big time on Todd - until Patrick saved his worthless life and almost lost his in the process. Patrick did lose his life as Patrick Thornhart because of it. Also, whoever plays Todd, I'd loathe him just the same...I certainly never felt sorry for him for anything, not the way he took out his rage on innocent people - including my favorite characters.

Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion.... but this board isn't and never has been a place for Todd defense.

Wait....Girls!!!!!  Who's Brendan??  (Love that name by the way).  Was it Patrick's child???  Brother???  Oh......the misery of those who didn't watch OLTL 10 years ago.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:

Wait....Girls!!!!! Who's Brendan?? (Love that name by the way). Was it Patrick's child??? Brother??? Oh......the misery of those who did watch OLTL 10 years ago.

Brendan was Patrick and Blair's child. He was never born...died in the car accident. The only reason Todd cared was because Starr had aplastic anemia and needed a bone marrow transplant, and Brendan had been tested and was a match.

Blair chased after Patrick relentlessly to stick it to Marty - then after Patrick lost all hope he and Marty would ever be together, they had sex one night and Blair got pregnant. Then Todd came back and Patrick and Marty got back together. Blair was going to have an abortion, but decided to have the baby to stick it to Marty (detect a pattern?). Then Starr got sick, and the rest is history.

Eleanor

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Boy do I ever agree Christy!  I've never hated a character like I hated the Toad!  I'm so glad I don't have to watch him anymore!

Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Quote:

Wait....Girls!!!!! Who's Brendan?? (Love that name by the way). Was it Patrick's child??? Brother??? Oh......the misery of those who did watch OLTL 10 years ago.

Brendan was Patrick and Blair's child. He was never born...died in the car accident. The only reason Todd cared was because Starr had aplastic anemia and needed a bone marrow transplant, and Brendan had been tested and was a match.

Blair chased after Patrick relentlessly to stick it to Marty - then after Patrick lost all hope he and Marty would ever be together, they had sex one night and Blair got pregnant. Then Todd came back and Patrick and Marty got back together. Blair was going to have an abortion, but decided to have the baby to stick it to Marty (detect a pattern?). Then Starr got sick, and the rest is history.

Thank you Christy.   I'm so so so so clear now.

-FABS

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.