Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
OK, so I usually listen to my music or read or try to sleep when flying, but when the screen said preview of Smash, I had to tune in, hoping to see the gorrrrgeous bartender, LOL. Well, it turned out to be an hour long preview of the two-hour season premier. It started with highlights of the last season, which showed two great shots of Nick the bartender - the Cash and the Kiss! And then it went downhill. Though it is always nice to listen to Jennifer Hudson sing, they showed only a three second shot of Nick reaching towards Eileen saying "Hey" in a bit of a panicky tone, as if he were to give Eileen some bad news (they did show us the old dirtbag doing the dirty deed, and we have seen the picture of Eileen "visiting" Nick, so it is easy to fill in the blanks). I so hope the real premier (and the rest of the season) will show us a lot more of Nick!

I had hoped that TPTB at Smash would be smarter than TIIC at AMC, but they too are a bit stingy with their airtime for the truly talented TK

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Searose, I don't know if we saw the same thing, but I watched a pre-view showing of the whole first hour of Season Two of Smash and the only Nick-time I got was  1) Nick and Eileen getting out of a cab;  2) Nick approaching Eileen with a worried look on his face (a VERY brief close-up); and 3) N and E walking up a staircase  (a way-back-in- the-distance  shot).
Not very encouraging!
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Pah, it may have been the same one. It was during breakfast service, so I may have missed scenes 1) & 3) during my very brief yes/no interaction with the flight attendant. If so, then "blink and you miss it" would be the perfect way to describe those scenes, LOL. Scene 2) is the one I saw for sure.
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Well since this thread seems more recent, I'll post here, too.  Here's CH's blog on FB about TK's Smash stint:

One thing we don’t have to wait for is the return of SMASH at 9:00 PM EST Tuesday, February 5, starring our beloved pal Thorsten Kaye. “I’m on the first four episodes,” he tells me. A plot twist will send his character, Nick, away for a few episodes. “But don’t worry,” he winks, “I come back.” 

Sounds promising!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.