Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I am sure that most, if not all, of what injustices/ridiculousness I have noticed in the last few weeks worth of tapes has been mentioned/discussed by others, but since there aren't enough hours in the day for me to read all the posts of last seven weeks, I am putting my thoughts/feelings here, with apologies for any repetitions:
  • Richie - he is starting out as seemingly bad guy, even borderline psycho, which tells me, AMC will portray him as actually having a heart of gold!  Regardless, the actor is very good, and I am actually somewhat interested in HIS side of the story.  Enough of YawAnnie's paranoia and outright freaky weirdness!  But doesn't AMC get tired of the same old formula?  Shock value intro of every new character?
  • Someone commented(sorry, can't remember whose post it was) about Ryan's million dollar offer, and where he gets the money.  Well, he has had enough time and opportunity to milk Cambias all he could, even has a private jet, etc.  But what bugs me is, Jonboy saying money is not a problem!  This is second time in the past few weeks he has said that.  Where does HE get the money?  Tending bar at ConFusion?  I need a change of career
  • JAVA (Jonboy/Ava, Joonyer/Ava) and Kwak/Adam - too nauseating to watch.  Kwak-lust is what has ruined Adam, turned a roaring lion into a weeping idiot.  Do TIIC actually watch what they are airing?
  • Ryan's reaction to Annie's question about how he felt about Jonboy's deeds!  Does he have a hearing problem?  Why did the ass answer with "j.  was actually SICK, he had a tumor!", when Annie was asking about "before you found out......".  Enough already about the freaking tumor!  I hope someone will ask St Lavery about his own rage, did HE actually have a tumor too?  What was HIS excuse?  I really was hoping for the new writers to set things right about Jonboy's deeds, but they are writing with the same pen and ink that Mc T used!
  • I KNOW for a fact that this has been mentioned by others, but I have to chime in:  Will Greenlee stop with the "Zach took away my chances of ever having children" bullshit?  She does still produce eggs, and can find an unmarried donor and an unmarried surrogate if she wants children so badly!  All this, when she never really wanted a child anyway, she just wanted to PROVE Ryass a worthy father, and then to to keep the rage monkey alive!  Ugh!
  • Why, oh WHY did Spike have to call Ryan Daddy on his first try (which was a bit ridiculous under ANY circumstances)?  Why couldn't it be Zach that Spike called Daddy first?  If there was any Justice in PV or on AMC, Spike would have, could have, should have first called ZACH Daddy!  F^(#!&@ writers!  This one, I find hard to forgive!
Sorry about such a lengthy post, but watching weeks worth of AMC episodes in two days can do it to you, and it is seven weeks worth of rantings that you had luckily escaped till now, LOL!

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Great post!  I agree.  I think I have touched on every single one of your points at one time or another during your absence.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes "WTF" every time I watch what has become a travesty in place of my beloved soap, TK's performances being the only exception, and probably the only reason I still bother.  Although, I really, really like Richie.  Poor misunderstood Richie, drowning in a sea of monkey.  If I'm supposed to be feeling sorry for Ryannie and siding with them.....another miserable failure by the idiots at the helm.  They have accomplished the exact opposite.  I want Richie to kick Ryass into next year. 

Thanks Fil!
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
ITA with both of you.
I'm not sure exactly what I am more sick of.....
The ridiculous spectacle that Annie is making of herself.
The totally out of control idiot that is her husband.
The fact that the whole town is taking Annie's word that her brother is a psycho, even after she has admitted that she sent him to prison for a crime that she knew he didn't commit. This is a woman that they have known for how long? A year?
Aidan having been sacrificed on the altar of "The Redemption of Greenlee".  For all these years Aidan has been a bit of a nonentity.  He was never really interesting, but at least he was never offensive until now.

But I think all that pales in comparison to TFIC going to such lengths to try to demonize the Slater's to further the idiocy that is "The Redemption of Greenlee".  We are now supposed to believe that Zach and Kendall are evil for wanting to rid their family of the baby stealing/maiming bitch.  It isn't working on me or any other true fan of this couple or of either character, but that won't stop them from trying.  Everytime I look at that bitch I want to wrap my hands around her scrawny neck and squeeze until her eyeballs pop out.
That's just my opinion.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I was going to post my comments in today's clip discussion, but came across this thread and read Searose's post, and decided that it would be better served here........

Since, the SS storyline, I have secretly being caring the thought that the writers have taken everything that TK, has done with Zach and subtly been recreating with Ryan....and today it rang true, when Aidan issued the threat of Kendall staying away from Greenlee.......TK, is an amazing Actor, and I am just insulted that these writers are not creative enough to write for these actors......

The characters of Ryan and Aidan, IMO, are not the protectors of women and families.....I may be wrong and may have missed a thing or two in my on again off again watching of AMC.....the character of Aidan has been someone who investigates TRUTH, and WRONGDOINGS, and exposing these deeds no matter what comes of it.....Since when does he forget, bed, and then protect a women who mames another woman's child, no matter how so-called remorseful she is....when did he start turning on friends because they want to protect their children and family.....

Ryan, when did he become "THE PROTECTOR".....everything Ryan says these days and his actions are reminisce of Zach, yes, the words are switched around, but they are Zach's words....the getaway trip, everything that happened between Zen in the hotel room during SS....taking Richie's chances away of gaining employment, not Zach, but trying to emulate and coming up short......

What TK has done with the role of Zach, is AMAZING......Writers, taking or borrowing a word or two, changing the players and situations will not RECREATE nor ENDEAR the character's of Ryan or Aidan to this fan...
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann
ITA with both of you.
I'm not sure exactly what I am more sick of.....
The ridiculous spectacle that Annie is making of herself.
The totally out of control idiot that is her husband.
The fact that the whole town is taking Annie's word that her brother is a psycho, even after she has admitted that she sent him to prison for a crime that she knew he didn't commit. This is a woman that they have known for how long? A year?
Aidan having been sacrificed on the altar of "The Redemption of Greenlee".  For all these years Aidan has been a bit of a nonentity.  He was never really interesting, but at least he was never offensive until now.

But I think all that pales in comparison to TFIC going to such lengths to try to demonize the Slater's to further the idiocy that is "The Redemption of Greenlee".  We are now supposed to believe that Zach and Kendall are evil for wanting to rid their family of the baby stealing/maiming bitch.  It isn't working on me or any other true fan of this couple or of either character, but that won't stop them from trying.  Everytime I look at that bitch I want to wrap my hands around her scrawny neck and squeeze until her eyeballs pop out.
That's just my opinion.

LMAO Ann, I agree and I also agree that Aidan should have remained a nonentity.  He's been taking lessons from the monkey and it has only served to make me hate his mumbling ass.

Thanks Fil!
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Great observations, Searose! I'm just overcome with too much inertia to comment much anymore. I don't think I have ever seen a more forced, more fake, more pre-fab couple than Ailee. (Oh, wait, yes I have - Java I, Java II, Ryannie, etc. etc.)

Richie = yet another superfluous Lavery satellite that just popped up out of nowhere with a ludicrous history that I'm supposed to find heartrending. (In prison for a crime he didn't commit? Check. Dead mother? Check. Takes little children on picnics? Check.) I don't care if Annie railroaded him and I don't care if he's gaslighting her. A character pre-loaded with this much contrived backstory is nothing but a walking plot device to me, not a character, and to make it even worse, when Richie set himself up as Lily's new sounding board, all I could think was gee, what's next? A Myrtle encounter?

Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Great post Searose. I agree with all your observations and especially the rehashing of old s/ls, by substituting characters. The writers somehow seem to take Zach's stories and substitute boring useless characters that in no way have the complexity nor the drama of Zach's character and most importantly do not have the impact of TK's performances. It just sums up what has been posted so frequently before, that the writers at AMC just don't have a vision of originality and lack creativity.

I agree with Christy as far as Richie's character is concerned. He is a "superfluous Lavery satellite" with too much contrived history to be interesting. I have no problem with the actor, he is rather good, but so far Richie is being pushed on us a questionable entity connected to the Lavery universe and that in itself makes him of little interest to me.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.