jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/11/kaye1.html#more

June
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Awesome, thank you for posting it, June. It was a good pick-me-up! I can't wait to read part two.
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Wooot....just what the doctor ordered for me.  A TK interview...always the best!  YAY!

Can't wait for part two!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks for posting this,  It has been so long since I've read anything about this movie  that I had become concerned that it would never be released. I want so much to see it. Hope something happens soon.

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you June for posting this link
A great read!
I love how Thorsten always highlights other actors talents. Yet so modest about his own.
I too needed a pick me up after today's AMC show

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
A TK interview was exactly what I needed after today. He always makes me smile and I loved reading that TK was roommates with Jamie Foxx. That image alone made me chuckle, lol. Can't wait for part two.

Thanks, June!
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
June, thanks for posting.    How can you not love TK, he's always thinking of others and taking the limelight off himself.  

I also can't wait for part two.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Nobody does an interview like TK! 
Thanks for posting this June.  Can't wait for Part II.............

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Thanks for posting the link, June!  I was just coming over to do that, but glad to see it's already here.  Great interview- no one matches wits with TK & he is a master of the self-deprecating dry wit humor - so much a part of his endearing charm!  Fun to read!  Jamie Foxx- who knew?  Wouldn't I love to have been a fly on their wall??  Just hoping "The Occupant" will be available to us soon- can't wait!  I'm also hoping TK won't totally give up on the OLTL idea & consider it- we need you! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Part 2 is up.  Very good and insightful read. 

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/11/kaye2.html

And there will be part 3, as well where he discusses PC, Zach and his departure from AMC.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks Alina!!

Anxiously waiting for the 3rd installment!!

June

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

I always love reading anything that lets me learn a little bit more about how TK thinks and feels. I wish I could know everything about who he really is. Thanks for these posts. Looking forward to #3.

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Thanks alot Alina&June! Wait,it's been 15 years since he began on OLTL?Wow!Time flys. Hated the terrorist storyline too.LOved reading the interview. Looking forward to part 3.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Thanks Alina for part 2.   Yes, very interesting read and I as well can't wait for part 3.  

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
TK:  " I look like an ugly woman with long hair. "   

So not true.....but thanks anyway, Thorsten, I needed a good laugh!!
Bring on Part III! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
WOW when I read this I was like YES YES YES this is EXACTLY the problem with soaps (especially AMC) today and why they are failing.   It also gives me some insight as to why Thorsten isn't on AMC.   JMO but I always thought he got fed up with the writing of this show and wouldn't subject being away from his family for more of the same crap.   Maybe I'm wrong but to me he has always been about the story and AMC hasn't told a story in a LONG time.

I LOVED this interview.

Thanks Alina 
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Thanks Alina, this was another great read!  Can't wait to read what TK says about Zach and AMC!

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Thank you Alina for sharing the 2nd part
A very good read!! and I had to laugh upon TK's comment " I look like an ugly woman with long hair." LOL.Not in a million years would i ever consider TK ugly quite the opposite!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I hope Alina or June won't mind if I put up the link to Part 3- it's a must-read!

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/11/kaye3.html#more

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 

I just read part 3 and I can't love this man more than I do write now. He was so right about writers just letting characters be. That's what a true writer is.

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Great interview again.  I totally get where he's coming from especially about not knowing what to do with the character.   He's been given the same story over and over for the last three years and it's got to be hard and I'm sure an actor would get too comfortable (so well put by Mr. Kaye)    JMO I think he would have continued if he thought they brought in writers that would actually write a character driven story and not this plot crap but the writing was on the wall that it ain't going to happen.

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Quote:
Someone recently said to me, “When you left ALL MY CHILDREN, you didn’t go to the magazines and have a big thank you for your fans.”  No, I didn’t.  And that’s not because I was being a dick about it.  I hope that I thanked my fans every day when I was on screen.

Thorsten you owe us nothing, I appreciate everything you've given us over the years.

Thanks Mon
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

He did thank us every day by giving us the wonderful character of Zach Slater.    LOOK at the people who loves this character and are screaming for his return, that says a lot about the actor

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
I'm truly enjoying these interviews and can just hear how well these two are chatting and exchanging.

I'm truly grateful for the past six (6) years and getting the opportunity to meet him on numerous occasions personally.    Both TK and Susan are amazing people who have great talent yet are so grounded and generous to their fans and down to earth.

I for one wish them all the best and feel a person needs to find some type of happiness with their field of work as you have to put so much of yourself into the job.    I look forward to Thorsten's next adventure.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Thanks for Part 3, Sharon!  Can't wait for Part 4  
It is so nice to read Mr. Kaye's thoughts and feelings about soaps and about Zach.  I understand how hard it must have been to work with stuff that so obviously won't be accepted well by the audience, but the magic of TK always made the most ridiculous stories believable for me!

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you about one thing, sir : "There will be other guys with great hair. We are all replaceable. "  Ummmmmmm......... NOPE! 
YOU AND ZACH SLATER ARE BOTH IRREPLACEABLE!!!!!!!!!!! 
ALWAYS, ONLY YOU!!!!!!!!!!

RJ4

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Thank you, June, Alina, and Always for posting the TK interview. I enjoyed reading it.  Love his honesty and wit.  It is refreshing.  Love him! 

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Thank you Sharon for posting Part 3, What a great read, looking forward to final part (4)
Quote:
Post by Searose: The magic of TK always made the most ridiculous stories believable for me
!
Except the one that TK knew wasn't right; but did it because it was his job to do so!! Off screen spawning of *G*
I am glad TK made reference to it
Another part of this interview jumped out at me;
WLS:What were the ingredients that made "Zendall" such an exciting couple for the audience?
Thorsten Kaye: You’d have to ask the audience.  We just showed up.  We’re friends, we challenge each other.  But I don’t know how these things work.  If I did I’d start a soap tomorrow and hire the right people.  There is no formula for it.

Thorsten, if you were the central character,  and *just showed up* the soap would ROCK!!

Mr Kaye!! Do you not realize that YOU are the major ingredient, in the formula for success??
Any show graced with your awesome acting skills, your natural ability to tell a story, portraying it ALWAYS in such a way the viewing audience wants to watch and keep watching and come back for more!

WE LOVE YOU THORSTEN - ALWAYS ONLY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Thanks Sharon!!

I really do love to read TK's interviews.  Such a humble MAHN.

However, I am with Searose, Love ya TK, but you're wrong about one thing . . . YOU ARE NOT REPLACEABLE!!

June

tjsmith

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Thanks to all the ladies for the heads up on when each part of the interview has come out! 

This has been such a good interview. Thorsten has brought up so many good points about today's soap writing and I really enjoyed reading his thoughts about it. His humor and honesty is always something I appreciate so much. 

Two things that I just have to say...in my mind and my heart TK is IRREPLACEABLE! No one will ever even come close. And will there ever be another man in soaps or anywhere else that has prettier hair? I think not! LOL. Thorsten is simply the best with a side helping of gorgeous. What a combination.

Proud to be a Thorsten Kaye fan and I always knew he was giving me his best. It was way more than good enough for this fan. Can't wait for part 4.

Teresa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Thanks TK for giving us Zach Slater... I wish you all the best!  Looking forward to Part IV... 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

What a wonderful man.   He truly is irreplaceable.  Thanks so much for posting the interview.   You ladies are wonderful. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
First off,thanks alot Sharon for posting this.TK is TOO funny.I Loved this interview and looking forward to part 4.Now i just know he is gonna say he doesn't want to came back to OLTL and reading that will break my heart,BUT since i only want the best for TK i will understand,I am just selfish&want him back everyday on my tv screen.

SO agree Ladies he is IRREPLACEABLE&might I add UNFORGETTABLE in every way!!!LOVE YOU TK!!!!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
LOL Mary!!  I know what you mean.  As long as I haven't heard from the MAHN himself that Zach Slater nor Patrick Thornhardt will NEVER return . . . I can hold onto hope.

I am TERRIFIED he is going to say both of those things and then all hope will be gone.

June

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Part 4

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/11/kaye4.html?spref=tw

Quote:
Thorsten Kaye: It’s like family. I have made a lot of friends with some of the audience members and I am grateful for that.  There are some good people out there.   

A lot of good people out there, beginning with you Thorsten!

Much love and thanks for all you do...always

Thanks Mon
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
LOL Mary!!  I know what you mean.  As long as I haven't heard from the MAHN himself that Zach Slater nor Patrick Thornhardt will NEVER return . . . I can hold onto hope.

I am TERRIFIED he is going to say both of those things and then all hope will be gone.

June

OMG June,HOPE IS ALIVE!! I just read part 4 of TK's GREAT interview and he said Maybe i'll go back to OLTL for awhile. That's all i needed to hear to keep hope alive for sure now.

I have waited sooo long hoping&praying for P&M reunion and we may just get it.No matter what happens we will see TK in something he is just TOO AWESOME of an actor as we all know!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherDi
Part 4

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/11/kaye4.html?spref=tw

Quote:
Thorsten Kaye: It’s like family. I have made a lot of friends with some of the audience members and I am grateful for that.  There are some good people out there.   

A lot of good people out there, beginning with you Thorsten!

Much love and thanks for all you do...always

Thanks alot Di for posting part 4.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 
What a great interview!

Thank you Thorsten, for sharing your talent, wisdom and kindness with us.  You will always have my admiration, loyalty and love. 

Best of luck always!  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Thanks Di . . . you beat me by about a minute!!  LOL!!

Holy Mother of God . . . could it be??  Patrick??

And I have to say that after reading this I do have hope that we may see Zach Slater again some day.

June

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Di, thanks for posting Part 4

This has been really great read!  OMG, just the thought of seeing something with Spielberg directing Mr. Kaye makes me excited!  Some day soon, I hope!

"WE LOVE SOAPS TV: I know whatever you do you will have a passionate fanbase that will support you." 

You can say that again..... and again......... and again........ and again.........
Mr. Kaye, whatever you do, we will support you, always and passionately! 
Special thanks on this Thanksgiving for the pleasure you have given us with your work.  A very happy holiday to you and yours!

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Of course Thorsten's fans will always follow him because he DOES give 100% and we all know that whatever he's doing we'll love it.   Patrick, Ian and Zach were all so different and yet he grabbed me from day one on each show, that's a good actor.  I know other actors have left parts and gone on to do other soaps and it didn't go as well but with TK he always makes it work.

I really love that he gave this interview because it speaks so clearly of why he's not on AMC anymore and yet some people just don't get it because they can't grasp that an actor would give up a paycheck if he's not happy with the material he's getting.   Maybe if we had more actors who demanded more we would get more.  

Happy Thanksgiving Thorsten and family and to all the wonderful ladies on this board.  
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 

It really is a great interview- Hey Thorsten, I've got some money- but I don't think it'll be enough- sniff sniff.  Loved the prospect of getting back Patrick!  IDK if it'll happen, but I'd be so happy!  And Thorsten, I consider myself one of your audience friends & thanks for another great read!  Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 

Thorsten what a great interview including all 4 parts.    I want to ditto what everyone else said above as well as being so fortunate to my son for introducing me to this website and have the pleasure of meeting you personally over the past 4 years.  I like to think I'm one of your friends from the audience who truly admires your insight along with work.    You also give your friendship right back to us.   Your a very generous man.

I totally understand where you are coming from.   Best of luck and I wouldn't mind having you on as Patrick even though I didn't watch OLTL back when you were originally on. 

Wishing you and your beautiful family a very Happy Thanksgiving!!   Hope to see you soon.

Love,

Beverly

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.