Message Board

 

Main Section
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Alina

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #101 
I just got back from seeing Robin Hood, starring Russell Crowe.  I enjoyed all 2.5 hours of the movie except for the fact I couldn't get over how perfect the role would have been for Thorsten... just like Gladiator would have been perfect for TK.  My TK-singlemindedness had me superimposing TK's face over RC's likeness, most of the movie , LOL and I couldn't shut my brain off trying to figure out ways to contact Ridley Scott to let him know that Thorsten is a taller, supremely more talented, better looking version of Russell Crowe and that nobody would be better in these type of roles than Thorsten would be if given the opportunity.  Sigh, WAKE THE FUCK UP HOLLYWOOD EXECS!!!!



__________________
ALINA
Proud Member of the OTKWS &
Lover of all things Thorsten Kaye

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #102 
Alina, I haven't gone to see the movie, because I can't even freaking watch the promo without seeing TK's face all over it!  So I can imagine how you felt (about not being able to shut your brain off), LOL.

NICE AVI

__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
Alina

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #103 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Alina, I haven't gone to see the movie, because I can't even freaking watch the promo without seeing TK's face all over it!  So I can imagine how you felt (about not being able to shut your brain off), LOL.


Sooooo frustrating.  It's the reason why I've only ever seen Gladiator one time :-(   Poor hubby...asked me how Robin Hood was thinking I'd give him a one word answer and instead his question launched me into a 10 minute diatribe about how much better TK would have been in the role, LOL.   BTW, hubby agrees with me...Thorsten would be perfect in it.

__________________
ALINA
Proud Member of the OTKWS &
Lover of all things Thorsten Kaye

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Eleven81

Avatar / Picture

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 117
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
hubby...asked me how Robin Hood was thinking I'd give him a one word answer and instead his question launched me into a 10 minute diatribe about how much better TK would have been in the role, LOL.   BTW, hubby agrees with me...Thorsten would be perfect in it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
I couldn't shut my brain off trying to figure out ways to contact Ridley Scott to let him know that Thorsten is a taller, supremely more talented, better looking version of Russell Crowe


I agree, too! (But you already knew that). I also admit to superimposing TK's face onto RC's! Thorsten would act the shit out of this movie, or one like it, if given the chance.

__________________
Monica
"Where you lead, I will follow..."
irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 267
Reply with quote  #105 

I saw this Friday night and my husband liked it I could care less about it.  I only enjoyed RC in American Gangster and A Beautiful Mind.  I do not find him attractive, he is a good actor but not for me.  However he would be a great spokeperson for the phone company he does know how to reachout and touch someone, ( with a phone that is ). I was surprised to read on here that TK had read for Gladiator, that would have been a nice role for him a real foot in the door so to speak.  I didn't care much for RC in that either but did like JP.  Bye all.....


__________________
Regards,

Megan
Eleven81

Avatar / Picture

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 117
Reply with quote  #106 
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmcpaddy
 However he would be a great spokeperson for the phone company he does know how to reachout and touch someone, ( with a phone that is ).
  Ha!


Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmcpaddy
I was surprised to read on here that TK had read for Gladiator, that would have been a nice role for him a real foot in the door so to speak.  I didn't care much for RC in that either but did like JP.  Bye all.....

I did enojoy it, but I think Thorsten would have brought Gladiator to another level.



__________________
Monica
"Where you lead, I will follow..."
SCSharon

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,207
Reply with quote  #107 

Alina, I'm surprised you sat thru it with RC in it!  You didn't throw popcorn- LOL?  I talked at length with TK in Marco about that & told him I'd met Russell Crowe & he was very keenly interested in that & asked me what he was like in person.  I told him exactly that- Russell Crowe is short!  TK is a much taller, much handsomer actor & how much better Gladiator & I'm sure Robinhood would be with TK in it instead of RC.  I wish someone making movies could see that! 


__________________
Sharon
mandy

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 459
Reply with quote  #108 

Alina. quote:
Thorsten is a taller, supremely more talented, better looking version of Russell Crowe and that nobody would be better in these type of roles than Thorsten would be if given the opportunity.  Sigh, WAKE THE FUCK UP HOLLYWOOD EXECS!!!!




I'm so glad that I am not alone when it comes to picturing Thorsten instead of RC; But I will admit I see TK as lead in just about every movie or prime time series (such as 'Castle' ) even if I read a book, I picture TK as the lead male character. (Books are more enjoyable that way!!! LOL)

WHY OH WHY CANNOT THE CASTING DIRECTORS SEE THE OUTSTANDING TALENTS THAT THORSTEN HAS TO OFFER!! its so very frustrating..

TK only needs one big break in a movie, and he would be inundated with lead role's and never be out of work..


__________________
:) tkfanalways :)
pah

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,094
Reply with quote  #109 
  Like you guys, I superimpose TK over so many things, and did so especially in "Gladiator", knowing that he had been considered for the role. BUT what I always remind myself is that IF he had landed that role HE WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ZACK SLATER !!!! Because of the timing, and the fact that he would have then been a big "movie star"  he would not have been in the soap world. The idea that I would have never had that precious man in my life is so unthinkably unacceptible to me that I have to be selfishly glad he didn't get it!  I would not trade in Zach for anybody. He has ruled my life for 6 wonderful years.   I do agree that TK would have been even better than Crowe ( who is no slouch himself.)  TK was also close to getting the role of Jack in "Lost".  I read somewhere that after multiple call-backs, he was told that they were looking for someone "better-looking".    Huhhhhh????
BETTER-looking???????????? They had to be kidding, right?  Last night I watched the whole "farewell to Lost" thing on TV and thought of TK the whole damn time.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.