Reply with quote  #51 

Thanks Kathy for confirming - Totally Awesome

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #52 

That's wonderful news!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #53 

Kathy, thanks for confirming the news.  THIS is the kind of news I don't mind being awakened from deep sleep for!  This is very exciting, and now makes the wait more bearable       

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #54 

Thanks Kathy for confirming it...Congrats to TK!!  How exciting for him and us.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #55 

Thanks for confirming this great news Kathy! I'm so happy and excited for Thorsten. Can't wait for more info on the project.

kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #56 

and a

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #57 
LOL!!  KJ . . . you're funny!!

This is THRILLING news!!  I will break down and go to a "horror" movie if that is what it takes to support TK.

However, who the hell is going to help me at night when I'm scared shitless and hubby is at work??

I don't do scary movies!!  But I will now.

June

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #58 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
LOL!!  KJ . . . you're funny!!

This is THRILLING news!!  I will break down and go to a "horror" movie if that is what it takes to support TK.

However, who the hell is going to help me at night when I'm scared shitless and hubby is at work??

I don't do scary movies!!  But I will now.

June

June, I am such a chicken that I couldn't even admit this until I saw you were brave enough to, LOL.  Anything, I mean ANYTHING I have to do to watch the mahn weave his magic again  
But honestly, I don't know what is going to do my weak heart in first, the "horror" part, or seeing His Gorrrrrrgeousness on a LARGE screen

zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #59 
great news!!  can't wait!!  Does anyone know if this is a remake of the 1984 movie of the same name?? 
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #60 

Thank you for confirming this Kathy.  Great news for him and us.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #61 
Thank you Kathy.This wonderful news made my day. THis is AWESOME news. I can't wait to see TK on the big screen.

WAY TO GO TK!!!! CONGRATS!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #62 

Thank you Kathy for confirming this - Great News - Peggy

kchistory

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #63 

Wow, great news! Glad for him and us. I don't really go to the movies anymore, but I will for him.

Thanks Fil!
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
It's true.

Site Meter

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Again!  Thanks Kathy!

Congrats TK! So, so happy for you...and for ME! hahaha

Thanks Fil!
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #65 
Thanks Kathy, as Susan told us about a movie coming up that TK will be on.    Great for him and I can't wait to see.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #66 
Nice!!!!!!  Congrats, TK!!  Can't wait to see it! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #67 
Don't know what to say but...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #68 

That is a wonderful thing and I truly hope opportunity's door breaks open for TK.  Got a feeling it will.

Megan
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #69 
Just wondering if anyone knows any details??  Even a small one . . . like will TK's character be the hero or the villian??

June

Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #70 
Very happy and  hope it's a role that will showcase his talent! Can't wait to see it!
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #71 
P.S. It's not a horror movie - it's a psychological thriller.  Whew.  Cuz I don't generally do horror films.

tjsmith

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #72 
Thanks for confirming the good news!

Congrats, TK! So happy for you and I know it will be great!

Ooooh, I love psychological thrillers...can't wait!

Tracy

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #73 
Hey Gina!!

Do you know what type of roll it is??

June

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #74 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Just wondering if anyone knows any details??  Even a small one . . . like will TK's character be the hero or the villian??

June

I think it would be fun to see TK play the villian.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #75 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
P.S. It's not a horror movie - it's a psychological thriller.  Whew.  Cuz I don't generally do horror films.

me too Gina,i hate horror films.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #76 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

I think it would be fun to see TK play the villian.

ITA!  TK could be both the psycho AND the thriller!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #77 

Good! Psychological thriller sounds much better than horror movie to me too. I don't care whether TK is the good guy or the bad guy. He'd be fantastic as either one. We all know how loving he can be, but have also seen him show a very threatening and possibly lethal side.....very frightening.

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #78 

OH cool, I love psychological thrillers!  And TK can do mind games with the best of them. This should be good...

Banner by Fil
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #79 

Quote:

I love psychological thrillers.  I'm a huge fan of mind games.  Horror movies to me are usually just bloody, gross and sick.
I don't think I have actually gone out to see a movie in 30 years but for Thorsten, I will.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #80 
Psychological thriller??? Ooohhhhhh my FAVORITE kind of movie!!!!! I just.can't.freakin.wait!  

Thanks Fil!
AlwaysOnlyThem

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #81 
This is very exciting news! I can only imagine how gorgeous TK will look on the big screen. And I'm sure his talent will blow every one out of the park, as usual.

If it's the same film that Peter Cornwell is directing the synopsis is "A married man estranged from his old pals is compelled to investigate what caused one of them to commit a double murder-suicide. His search leads him to an evil force that manifests in an unusual way"
Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #82 
'Bout time that man is in a movie and into some with some meat and potatoes. I don't care what it is and what the genre is I will watch it and shout with GLEE!

Good news. PS...I LOVED the Man from UNCLE also and loved Ilya. I have a high school friend who watches Ncis JUST because she and I watched Ilya together. I am not into Ncis but the TV show was so much fun. We are all of a similar generation aren't we? LOL
Always felt good things are coming for TK and the doors will open once he left AMC behind him. It's time to have it all!
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #83 
I think it has been time for a long time for TK so be away from AMC - I think he felt he had to go this last time to maybe have some impact on how the story would be handled - I think he constantly did what he could with the story as written - I think that he is the reason that there was a tribute to Myrtle and I am grateful for that - I support whatever he  does - Peggy
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #84 

This movie is beginning to sound better and better every day. Although it is a bit hard for me to get to a movie house, I will  sure do it for this film....probably several times, and then be first in line when the DVD comes out.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #85 
Okay, here is my problem.

So far my daughter has seen "The Last Song" 3 times in the theaters.  Now she wants to go a fourth time and I keep telling her NO!!  I am NOT paying for a 4th time seeing the same movie!!

How the hell am I going to explain myself when I go see TK's movie more than that??

June

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #86 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Okay, here is my problem.
So far my daughter has seen "The Last Song" 3 times in the theaters.  Now she wants to go a fourth time and I keep telling her NO!!  I am NOT paying for a 4th time seeing the same movie!!

How the hell am I going to explain myself when I go see TK's movie more than that??

June

Uhhhh...you're the Mama?????

Banner by Fil
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #87 

Quote:

Thank Goodness!  Although I really, REALLY can not watch horror flicks, I was preparing myself to sit through one (and more than once, LOL) just to watch TK on big screen.  But psychological thriller sounds a whole lot better, esp. with the master doing his thing.  Sorry if I was misleading everyone, but the only reason I mentioned it is because I saw it a couple of places on the internet, where they referred to it as a "horror flick".  For example : http://daytimeconfidential.com/2010/04/22/van-hansis-books-horror-flick , also http://www.tv.com , etc. LOL.  Not to mention, Yahoo/Netflix listed 1984 version genre as horror/psychological thriller.  In any case, I will do ANYTHING to not miss the chance to see TK on big screen, since I am still kicking myself for having missed Shark Attack II.  To the point that I plan NOT to be traveling when the movie is released, JUST SO I CAN CATCH THE FIRST SHOW ON THE DAY OF THE RELEASE  

June, listen to Froggie, LOL.  As long as you are the mother, YOU call the shots without having to justify

chuggard

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #88 

Okay, all of you that have seen "nights in Rodanthe" tell me that you don't think Tk would be great in the role of Richard Gere......handsome, dark, mysterious and romantic all rolled up in one.  I'd love to see him in a movie like that.  His talents are being wasted on daytime.

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #89 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Hey Gina!!

June

Um... poppy seed?

Nope, I didn't get a chance to ask him yesterday, we spoke only briefly.  He said we'd talk more later in the week, though, so if I find out any more about the role, I'll post it here.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #90 

Thanks Gina!!  That's just what we're all waiting for! 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Hey Gina!!

June

Um... poppy seed?

Nope, I didn't get a chance to ask him yesterday, we spoke only briefly.  He said we'd talk more later in the week, though, so if I find out any more about the role, I'll post it here.

Sorry, Gina - I must have gotten my wires crossed last week.  TK told me that he plays a doorman who sounds like a bad guy.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #92 
Quote:

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I would go see Thorsten in anything - ANYTHING.  But, given my druthers, I'druther seem him do a thriller. 

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #93 
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I would go see Thorsten in anything - ANYTHING.  But, given my druthers, I'druther seem him do a thriller. 

Hi Gina,  Yeah me too, even one of those Friday the 13th slasher movies.lol.I don't think TK would want do that type of movie.I don't know him but just my thought.

I know what i will be eating at the movie some popcorn&peanut m&m's.lol.Yes i know all stuff that is NOT good for me.But i think it's OK once in a while to treat ourselves to some right? lol.maybe i will be good&have the popcorn with no butter.lol..I can't WAIT to see TK in this movie.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #94 
FANTASTIC news about TK landing a movie role, Im so excited, I'm all smiles and giddy. IT's AWESOME, JUST BLOODY AWESOME!!!!

Thankyou, thankyou thankyou Kathy for confirming this info.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #95 

Late to the party, as usual!!   Thanks, Kathy & Gina.   Great news! 

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #96 
Thanks Gina & Kathy, this is great news and I'm up to watching anything with TK.  

Sorry so late coming to the party, work as usual gets in the way from my checking things out.

Beverly

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #97 
MAN FROM UNCLE movie, has been on the back burner for some time and previously we have had our own thoughts and discussions; as to how outstanding Thorsten would be in either lead role.

It would appear 'Warner Bros' are going to make this movie. Directed by: David Dobkin, with Max Borenstein as Writer.

http://www.getthebigpicture.net

(you may have to tap in link long hand - sorry! and search the big picture - Man From Uncle) !! not sure why this link isn't working correct; but its probably something I'm doing wrong!!!

If you; like me would love to see TK in this movie, perhaps you may wish to post a comment.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #98 

I got this notification in my my mail, I haven't the foggiest clue what Man From Uncle is.  Couldn't get into the link, looked it up and I only know David McCallum (Duckie).  Judging by the years my Mother would know but it was a TV series not a film?  Sorry I know I sound stupid. I love Duckie  I met him at the Met. The other guy I have never seen him before. I'll post a comment when I can get in even though I don't know what I am talking about.  I just want to see this dude get into something where I can really see him knock the  ball out of the park.  My gut says his has it and big time.

Ok editing this my Mother watched this as a teenager and said that Duckie played a Russian and the other guy was Napoleon Solo she also mentioned their boss was Topper.  They were spies.  She was in a hurry but now I am really curious so who the hell is Topper? She also said it was a great show and it came on the same night as Hullaballoo.  I need a drink, I am not even asking what that is. Maybe someone would be nice enough to explain to me what that is.  There has to be a few girls around here from her time.  I'll look it up.

Megan
Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #99 
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmcpaddy

I got this notification in my my mail, I haven't the foggiest clue what Man From Uncle is.  Couldn't get into the link, looked it up and I only know David McCallum (Duckie).  Judging by the years my Mother would know but it was a TV series not a film?  Sorry I know I sound stupid. I love Duckie  I met him at the Met. The other guy I have never seen him before. I'll post a comment when I can get in even though I don't know what I am talking about.  I just want to see this dude get into something where I can really see him knock the  ball out of the park.  My gut says his has it and big time.

Ok editing this my Mother watched this as a teenager and said that Duckie played a Russian and the other guy was Napoleon Solo she also mentioned their boss was Topper.  They were spies.  She was in a hurry but now I am really curious so who the hell is Topper? She also said it was a great show and it came on the same night as Hullaballoo.  I need a drink, I am not even asking what that is. Maybe someone would be nice enough to explain to me what that is.  There has to be a few girls around here from her time.  I'll look it up.

Your mother meant that the actor, Leo G. Carroll, who played the head of the U.N.C.L.E., Alexander Waverly, also played Cosmo Topper in a series titled Topper in the mid 1950's. That was a sitcom where Mr. Topper was haunted/helped by the ghosts of a married couple who have to do a good deed.) This series was based on a 1937 movie which starred Cary Grant and Constance Benett as Mr. and Mrs. Kerby, the ghosts, and Roland Young as their friend and target of their helpfulness. (I love the movie, but I was never lucky enough to see the series- my parents used to mention it fondly.)
Actually, TK would be great if they ever decided to remake this movie, too.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was a great action/adventure series that sort of spoofed the James Bond movies. It ran from 1964-1968. It was a fun show with a sense of humor- more like I Spy (1965-1968) or The Wild,Wild West (1965-1969) than Mission Impossible(1966-1973);  other spy programs of the era. [Get Smart (1965-1970) was in a class by itself.] There was also a spin-off: The Girl from U.N.C.L.E., starring Stefanie Powers, Noel Harrison and Leo G. Carroll.

Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn) and Illya Kuryakin (David McCallum ) were agents of the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement. Usually they were trying to save the world from the evil plots of THRUSH.

BTW, Hullabaloo was a musical show- sort of like American Bandstand. (pre- MTV)
irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #100 
Thank you PW for your response. Mom is a total Crabby McPaddy these days.
I have seen the movie about the ghosts Marion and George (?) on Turner Classics a long time ago and it was a sweet movie.  Those were so carefree little films and I often look at Hugh Grant and think Cary Grant.

I guess Hullabaloo was the equivlant to our Head Bangers Ball or so I was told.

I just get a feeling that given a real good opportunity TK would be recognized as he should be JMO

Thanks again.

Megan
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.