Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Now that TK's not going to be working on AMC I know Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series is slated to be made into a movie.  I really don't have any details.  If someone could get on the net and verify it would be good.  I think TK'd make a PERFECT Dougal McKenzie, one of the bad guys

I also know that Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth, my favorite book, is in production.  It would be great if he could get a part on that too. 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Site MeterI learned from a Brontë Yahoo Group I belong to that a new movie about the Brontës is in production (or preproduction, not sure).

It doesn't look as though the role of M. Heger is cast yet...

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

OMG, Outlander!!!  I loved that whole series from Gabaldon. 

I'd love to see Thorsten move away from daytime.  The man belongs on the big screen or at the very least on Primetime.   There are so many new good series this year with excellent writing and really interesting characters.   One of my favorites is The Good Wife.  I can't watch it, watch Julianna Margulies without my brain wandering and dreaming about Thorsten getting a role in it to play a love interest/courtroom adversary to her character Alicia (since her husband is a scumbucket, lol).  WOW, they'd be gorgeous together.  I was so into my dream last night that I actually googled the show and found out it films in NYC (how perfect is that!) so I went to their official site on the CBS website, hit the feedback link, and made my suggestion, lol.

If anyone agrees, hey what could it hurt for them to receive more friendly and helpful suggestions like mine about Thorsten.   

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

If I win the lottery, I'll be his backer!  I'd love to finance a movie for him.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

OMG, Outlander!!!  I loved that whole series from Gabaldon. 

I'd love to see Thorsten move away from daytime.  The man belongs on the big screen or at the very least on Primetime.   There are so many new good series this year with excellent writing and really interesting characters.   One of my favorites is The Good Wife.  I can't watch it, watch Julianna Margulies without my brain wandering and dreaming about Thorsten getting a role in it to play a love interest/courtroom adversary to her character Alicia (since her husband is a scumbucket, lol).  WOW, they'd be gorgeous together.  I was so into my dream last night that I actually googled the show and found out it films in NYC (how perfect is that!) so I went to their official site on the CBS website, hit the feedback link, and made my suggestion, lol.

If anyone agrees, hey what could it hurt for them to receive more friendly and helpful suggestions like mine about Thorsten.   

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

Thanks for the link Alina.  I like JM and yes it would be very pretty   I'll  have to start watching the show and get caught up, just in case!

ETA: This is freaky, I just read this on Twitter:
EWAusielloFiles This just in: CBS orders full seasons of NCIS: LA and THE GOOD WIFE.

Thanks Mon
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherDi
ETA: This is freaky, I just read this on Twitter:
EWAusielloFiles This just in: CBS orders full seasons of NCIS: LA and THE GOOD WIFE.

Woohooo!  It's a sign, lol!

Eleven81

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I'm loving The Good Wife and I agree TK would be oh so perfect as a courtroom adversary/love interest for Alicia (JM's character). Her husband is a total jackass and will probably not be her husband for very long...ijs.

Thanks for the link, Alina. I'll definitely let CBS know what I think.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

They're remaking Westworld. No director yet, so they might not be cast.

Sainte

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Rbe:  I can't believe it!  My very first post here was claiming that TK would be the BEST Dougal MacKenzie and I stand by it.  Of course, our knowing it and the casting agents knowing are two very different thing.  And....it sure would be nice to see him in a prime time show in the interim.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

All of this is very interesting - Would be good to see him where his great work is appreciated - Maybe this ABC Blunder will turn out to be a blessing in disguise - Hope things work out for all the people displaced by this poorly planned move - Peggy

TKfanatic48

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Thank-you Alina for the link to CBS & The Good Wife, one of my favorite new shows.  Don't know if it was presumptuous  of me to request that they take a look at Thorsten for a role...since it's NYC based (even tho it's supposed to be Chicago)...it can't hurt to suggest!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
It's so much fun reading these posts and everyone's ideas. While TK is home getting some much needed rest and family time, it will be a blast, at least for me, to read all these ideas and have mini-movies in my head starring TK. There are so many things he could do, so many ways for him to grace our screen.
I think the timing is right, once he is ready, for some primetime or big screen TK.

Here's hoping......
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

AndieC - Right there with you - This can indeed be a blessing in disguise - We will be there for sure - Peggy

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Alina I LOVE The Good Wife and you're absolutely right TK would be HAWT with JM.

Have any of you read True Betrayals by Nora Roberts?   I swear the character in that book, Gabe Slater, was McTavish's inspiration for Zach Slater.   Lifetime has made some of Nora's books into movies and this was on the "possible" list.  My girlfriend and I both wrote to Lifetime (which is owned by ABC) and offered up TK's name for the lead in that movie.   Take the time and send them an email.  He would be wonderful.
zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Director and writer.........I'm having a vision.  Yes......I see him directing and writing.   Oh  s h i t.......what the hell do I know when I don't even know the MAHN.

shhhhhhhhhhhh...... I'm a Twi-mom.    He would have made a great "Carlisle" or Volturi.  
Ok......I admit it......I said it.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I saw that they are making a new version of "a star is born" with Beyonce.  I think TK would be great in the James Mason/ Kris Kristofferson role.  There are so many roles I would enjoy watching TK take on.
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Oh Susa, that is a great idea! Thorsten would absolutely KILL me in that role. It would be ironic in a way, though. James Mason was "the love of my life" from  1946 until the day that he died (and even beyond.) It would be very interesting to see the present "even-MORE-intense love of my life" playing that same character.

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Hi guys:

Just breezing through and had a quick thought.  Some of the major Cable networks have had some very very sucessful series.  Now maybe this is a little far fetched but I could envision TK on let's say True Blood.  The ones I really liked such as Deadwood, Rome, Carnivale are gone but I could see a fit in each and everyone of them.  I am HBO partial but Encore/Starz has Crash with Dennis Hopper it's pretty good. I just think that the major Cable networks are really very good and the series that they have allow for a lot of creative stuff with no real limits.  Only a thought. 

Hope all you guys are doing OK.

Megan
Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Ironically, Entertainment Weekly has an article this week about movie stars now taking on television series.  They mention Jeffrey Dean Morgan not being available for a show.  "It's hard to find a man like that" lamented one studio president.  "He's a man's man."

Sound like anyone we know????  Jeffrey Dean Morgan has NOTHING on him.
jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisie
Ironically, Entertainment Weekly has an article this week about movie stars now taking on television series.  They mention Jeffrey Dean Morgan not being available for a show.  "It's hard to find a man like that" lamented one studio president.  "He's a man's man."

There are few and far between TV/movie roles I see where I don’t see Thorsten fitting in quite nicely, thank you very much!!!  Really good roles I think are scarce however, IMHO because of all the damn reality shows that cost little compared to a week to week TV series.  I'm proud to say - I do not watch any of them!

I guess one question I have – who the hell is “Jeffrey Dean Morgan?”

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:

Note to studio president: I don't even know WTF Jeffrey Dean Morgan is! I had to Google him. Further note to studio president: Visit thorstenkaye.com and you will find all the non- Jeffrey Dean Morgan of your wildest dreams.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:

Note to studio president: I don't even know WTF Jeffrey Dean Morgan is! I had to Google him. Further note to studio president: Visit thorstenkaye.com and you will find all the non- Jeffrey Dean Morgan of your wildest dreams.

Well, I've been a fan of JDM since he was first wheeled into Seattle Grace Hospital but um...NO he doesn't and can't hold a candle to Thorsten!! Anyone have an address to get in touch with these studio heads? I don't usually have a lot to say but I could write a book on TK.

Ugh!! Withdrawal is taking over

Thanks Mon
jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Quote:
Quote:

I just Googled him.  Hells Bells!  He was born here in Seattle and I still didn't know who he was.  Too funny!  So, he was Denny the "ghost" on Grey's Anatomy.  Yeah, he grabbed me as a real "man's-man."  Hey mr. studio-head - he obviously didn't impress me much as it didn't keep me watching or finding out what the guy's real name is/was.  Let's see now . . . how long have I been in Thorsten Kaye's audience?  Over a decade if I'm counting correctly.

Sorry Jeffrey . . . .
Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #24 

I have to wonder how good a job TK's agents are at marketing him - I mean, just look at the guy!  Then have a listen!  Then pay attention to what a fabulous actor he is!

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Wow one word.....

A man's man means nothing at all because given ones' perception of male appeal that could encompass anyone from Sean Connery to Carrot Top.  Whatever role was available obviously fit this man's (JDM) range.

JDM and TK are completely different types and no comparison good, bad or indifferent are valid.  JMO.

I have to wonder how good a job TK's agents are at marketing him - I mean, just look at the guy!  Then have a listen!  Then pay attention to what a fabulous actor he is!

I was just sending this reply when Maisie sent her's and she is right and without sounding smug it's time for Ari Gold. Ah bullshit it's not smug it's the truth.  So much potential.

Megan
Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Some actors definitely get our attention. The minute I saw TK act I had to track down who he was and what he's done.
He's a man's man no doubt about. He's so versatile and deep he could pull off any role. I would really like to see him move beyond daytime. He's such an incredible talent!
Very sad without him on my TV! Did I mention unique.lol
Withdrawal has taken over...

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I would really like to see him move beyond daytime. He's such an incredible talent!

Me too, I guess since I only know him from AMC and saw his film, my curiosity has really taken over.  You just get a feeling there is so much there. Or maybe I just selfishly want more, who knows.  If something is good I never get enough of it..........I just would like the opportunity to see more of this man somewhere and somewhere other than a Soap. Just my feelings.

Megan
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Actually I like JDM and thought he was appealing enough on"Grey's Anatomy" to find his name and watch for him elsewhere. I did realize though that there was something in his performance that was causing me to think of TK and sort of "overlay" HIM onto JDM as I watched. Of course I do that a lot with almost everything I watch because TK is always before my eyes and in my mind, no matter what I'm doing. I agree that TK would be fantastic in a good show with a good script,  movie or prime time. Look what he did with the crap they gave him on AMC, turning it into GOLD every time he was on screen. The man is the BEST; he can do no wrong in my book. He would (WILL) shine in WHATEVER he does next.
   Being the selfish TK-lover thatI am, though, I really hope he will be on daytime again, because I really want to return to that almost DAILY VISIT with this exciting beautiful incredible man. I don't want to have to wait out the long spells between movies or even the shorter ones for prime time episodes.   I WANT MY TK EVERY DAY!!!!    A part of me does fear that soaps are a doomed and dying breed; they seem to be knocking them off one by one. So maybe this is not a safe way for Thorsten to go in the long run, but I'd like to enjoy the daily fix as long as possible. This withdrawal period has been and will continue to be very painful until the day that he pops back up on my TV screen on a frequent and regular basis.  I miss him so much!
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

pah - I really miss him too but he is way too good for AMC - When you look at what a mess this whole move was and who benefited (and always benefits) and how many wonderful people were hurt because of it you get the feeling that people who made the show work are not treated well at all - I am so sick of their going on and on about who they will bring back and I will not watch a minute of this mess called AMC the way it is now - I hope he joins Susan on One Life if that is what he wants to do - Peggy

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Pah:

I hear what you are saying when you look at JDM you see TK.  When I see JDM I think of Javier Bardem, there is a physical likeness.  Point being TK has a very unique appearance there is no one out there that remotely resembles him.  I can't explain myself well I suppose  like one of those classic old time actors you see on AMC (the cable station not PV)  You  know like they're in the room before they say a line and they have you already. The art of the presence.  I am sounding weird?  Probably but I am weird anyway.  It is not even the good looks because he surely has been blessed in that department.  I am trying to make a point and can't, better try another time.

Megan
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
I understand perfectly what you're trying to say, Megan.  "The art of presence."  TK has that incredible presence...whether it's on our tv screen or in a room full of people, he has a natural presence that just captivates you.  You can't help but notice him and are drawn to him immediately.  It truly is an art and a gift.

I'm with you, pah.....I SO miss my daily fix too!  I know that TK will shine in any medium that he chooses, but I too, selfishly want to see him back on my screen every day.  This withdrawal sucks! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
 To Peggy-  I agree , he IS too good for the current AMC. I want him back on a daily basis, but it doesn't have to be in PV. It could be anywhere.....or just give him a phonebook and let him read the names in front of a camera. ANYTHING!!!! (Actually, he would probably make me laugh and cry doing just that.)
  To Anne- Thanks for backing me up on my plea for a DAILY TK .
  To Megan- Yeah, I noticed the incredible resemblance between JDM and Bardem,  and so rented a few Bardem movies too, but it's weird..... They look so much alike, and yet I find JDM very attractive and JB UNattractive...a good actor, but somehow unappealing on a personal level.  Explain that one ! 
  I do understand what you were trying to say about TK's "presence". He is impossible to ignore. If he silently enters a scene, even if way off in the background, my eyes go immediately to him, ignoring whatever is going on "front stage", and stay there until he's gone. I get the feeling that he enters a room surounded by a large spray of electricity that you would feel on your SKIN and in your HAIR before you even knew he was there. He is an irresistable MAGNET.
Teresa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #33 
I liked JDM in P.S. I Love you... very good movie, if you like romantic comedy, he is adorable in that movie, very cute smile & his backside isn't too bad either... but he is not in the same league with TK. 

Btw... I don't get online much these days but I did see where TK posted... How cool is that & sorry I missed the oppportunity. So TK if you read this... Miss ya bunches & hope to see you soon.

T

P. S.

If anyone here has an FB page... private message me if you want to be friends...

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
I just read that they have a director and a screenwriter for a film version of  The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Does anyone think TK would make a great Napoleon Solo if they come up with a decent script?
I know it  wouldn't be a serious piece, but I think he could carry on the tradition.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetwrangler
I just read that they have a director and a screenwriter for a film version of  The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Does anyone think TK would make a great Napoleon Solo if they come up with a decent script?
I know it  wouldn't be a serious piece, but I think he could carry on the tradition.

Yes, but I think he would make an even better Ilya Kuryakin (boy, did I have it bad for Ilya when I was in the 7th grade!). (g) (TK played a Russian in the Falcone pilot!)

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:

Yes, but I think he would make an even better Ilya Kuryakin (boy, did I have it bad for Ilya when I was in the 7th grade!). (g) (TK played a Russian in the Falcone pilot!)

Ditto!  You beat me to the punch (I was trying to remember how to spell it!)

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

Ditto!  You beat me to the punch (I was trying to remember how to spell it!)

It's spelled G - O - O - G - L - E. (g)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
I loved the Man from U.N.C.L.E.  (dating self, lol).   Anyhow, speaking of the guy who's name we can't spell w/o help from G-O-O-G-L-E, lol....David McCallum, the actor who portrayed him is currently on the hit CBS series, N.C.I.S.   He plays the part of the eccentric medical examiner, Ducky, LOL.  He's great!

I'd take TK in either role...Napoleon Solo or Illya Kuryakin!  I'm not picky at all...TK belongs on the big screen!

nurlenz

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
I loved the Man from U.N.C.L.E.  (dating self, lol).   Anyhow, speaking of the guy who's name we can't spell w/o help from G-O-O-G-L-E, lol....David McCallum, the actor who portrayed him is currently on the hit CBS series, N.C.I.S.   He plays the part of the eccentric medical examiner, Ducky, LOL.  He's great!

I'd take TK in either role...Napoleon Solo or Illya Kuryakin!  I'm not picky at all...TK belongs on the big screen!
I totally agree.  Either role would be great.
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 

ITA  He would be so awesome in either roll

Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #41 
OMG's I had the biggest crush on Ilya, too. I'd take him in either part.
I still want to see him as Joe Morelli. In One for the Money. They finally picked an actress to play Stephanie Plum.
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Joe Morelli....YES!!!

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 

OMG Morelli!  OH hell to the YEAH!  (I had no idea there was gonna be a movie, I love the Stephanie Plum novels).

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 

CH was reporting on FB tonite that Van Hansis has a new movie & Thorsten is his co-star!!  I can't confirm this report other than what she's saying.  Mods?  Anything to it, or will we have to wait a while longer?  If it's true, I think it's very exciting news!! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #45 

Just read that and am very excited.   I have a feeling it's true because CH said on FB the other day that she was talking with TK.  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #46 
I know Van Hansis is going to be in a horror film/psycho thriller called Occupant.  If that's the one, it would be so far apart from ATWT/AMC!

No matter what the Mahn does, we will be there

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #47 

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks Fil!
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #48 
It's true.

Site Meter

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #49 

Wow- thanks for the confirmation, Kathy!!  Eeeeeeeeeee!!  Can't wait for this- I've been in withdrawal for too long. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
It's true.
Thanks Kathy!!!! Freakin awesome news

Thanks Mon
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.