Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Has there been problems with the message board?  I enjoy reading it and occaisionally posting but have had problems getting on.

I see further along someone mentioned about the Dell PC's and I hope it is not this PC as it is fairly new.  I have a laptop but am on a VPN and cannot use for personal use.

Anyone else having problems?

Megan
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Dell pc would not be the culprit for the user not being able to get on to a particular site.  The board had been down since last evening, and I don't think it is still back in full force, LOL.  I keep losing my messages before they get posted.  I am guessing there is site maintenance going on.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes, there is a problem with our board host, not anybody's individual computer - this is the first time I've been able to post!  The board hosting company is experiencing server problems and has told me the problems may take a few more hours to resolve completely.

Does Dell make servers (g)?Site Meter

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks Christy - Peggy

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you all.  I was having problems with other sites as well and could not access mail and simple things.

Of course I called the IT department at work and they were able to do something  via remote off the record.  Then I thought of the Dell complaints I read on here and decided that was it, it's Dell it sucks.  So I proceeded to annoy my husband at work and then called Dell and demanded an on site visit.  Some poor guy in the Phillipines was glad to get rid of me.  I know they have nothing to do with servers they merely manufacture and thanks again all.

Megan
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

So happy to hear it wasn't just me. For about 3 days i feared I had done something to mess up my access to OTKWS.I don't always know what I'm doing on computers. What a relief to find everything back to normal today.

amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Glad it's back.   A singer I like's board is closed at the moment and I don't know what's going on. 

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
peggylou

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Christy and Kathy - Thanks for the help - The (peggylou) is a real winner and that was actually the nick-name for Margaret Louise - I can remember that when I need to rather then (peggy # what?) - Thanks again - Peggy

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Ladies, is anyone else having problem sending PMs?  Every time I try to "send", it wipes out recipient's name and comes back with error message to type in recipient's name.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Christy, sorry I forgot to come back here and say thanks!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

It has been a long time since I have been able to use the "New Posts" selection. Is it really out or is it just me? I always found it to be the fastest and most accurate way to make sure I didn't miss anything and I really miss it.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #12 
What browsers (and versions) are you all using?

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Christy, so sorry I did not see your message earlier.  Mine is IE 8.0.

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

I lost my avatar pic of TK that i loved so much.  Now if anybody can find it for me, please let me know. It went poof! 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #15 
Searose, re displaying new posts -- using IE (which I don't normally use) I was unable to display new posts whether I'm logged in or not, but using Firefox (which is what I use, and recommend for its incredible AdBlock extension that blocks all ads), I can display new posts if I'm logged in. We are caught in the middle because the board host claims there's no problem at their end. So all I can suggest is use Firefox, be sure you are logged in, and see if that works.

Donna, I don't know what to tell you about your avatar without more info. Where was it hosted?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Kathy, they removed it from photobucket so I guess I'll have to go search for me a new one.  Thanks anyway. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Thanks Kathy.  I never had problem with IE before, this just started a couple of months ago.  I will definitely give Firefox a try for a few days and see how it goes.  Thanks again.

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Kathy, I tried to send you PM 's tonight and got error messages on both attempts. If you did not recieve either of them, just know how VERY GRATEFUL I am for the surprise I recieved today. Sharon told me you are the one that made it happen,   so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #19 
Pat, you're welcome and I was glad to help. I did get and answer your PM (by email) so I hope you got it.

Can you recall what the error message you got when you sent the PM's said? Sounds like I need to notify the board host about another problem!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Kathy, I just tried to send you test messages both ways so I could see what the error messages say. One SEEMED to work this time; the other said "Webpage has expired out of date". but I don't think that's what it said yesterday. So don't know what you will find or NOT find. Thanks again for your part in my lovely surprise.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #21 
, Pat

I did get your test PM. I called the board host contact number but nobody is there on weekends so I had to leave a message. Hopefully someone will get back to me on Monday.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Hi ladies,

I am trying to send PM to couple of people, but the PM screen does not let me add recipient names.  There is no box to enter recipient names, and where it says you can send the message to up to five people, I can't enter anything there either unno:

Also, has the box to type New Post gotten a lot smaller, with font size 1, or is it just me, LOL?

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Hi ladies,

I am trying to send PM to couple of people, but the PM screen does not let me add recipient names.  There is no box to enter recipient names, and where it says you can send the message to up to five people, I can't enter anything there either unno:

Also, has the box to type New Post gotten a lot smaller, with font size 1, or is it just me, LOL?

searose, it doesn't look any different to me and I'm not having a problem entering names as long as I click the "enter" box after each one, but I have contacted the board hosting company about the problem! Is anyone else experiencing this?

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Thanks Christy.  It's probably just me it's happening to, it has happened before, LOL.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #25 
searose, if you want to pursue the problem further, the board host is asking for this info so they can investigate since they couldn't find a problem....

browser used
browser version
OS used
steps taken by the users in order to make a PM.
screen shot of the error page if possible (you can email it to us if you want)

They also say you need to type in first few letters of username in the "Recipient Username" field and then select the username from the drop-down that pops up - but I find it faster to type in the whole name and then hit "enter" on my keyboard.

They say it may be a temporary issue or you may have a temporary issue with your browser and to try another browser or try to make a PM after deleting your browser cookies and cache and this may resolve the issue. (Yeah...that's what they all say....)

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Christy, I use IE on Windows Vista.  There is no error message or anything, just that there is no box or place whatsoever to enter or type in a recipient username, LOL.  This has happened once before, and it is really not worth the time and effort on your part.  I can just use my phone to do PM if it is something really important.  Please don't waste your time on it, especially since no one else has complained.  I am sure it is temp. issue, just like before, and it will go away, LOL.

paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Dear Searose,

I have a Imac...and have Christmas picture to post...I cant figure out how to do it...I just want to lift if from my puter...is this possible?
Thanks...

Paint

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #28 
Paint, in order for a picture to appear here, you must first upload it to the internet -- you can use a free photo hosting site such as Photobucket for that. Then you must link to the picture, by clicking on the Insert Image icon in the toolbar above your text box and inserting the URL of the picture in the input field that is displayed..

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
To Kathy, Cristy or Gina........   I have noticed that for the past several weeks there have been almost no new posts here.  I check in almost every day. Is there something wrong with my computer or is this lack of activity for real?    If  this is due to TK's current absence from the screen, I can understand that, and can wait (impatiently) for his return. But if there ARE postings that just aren't getting through to me for some reason,  please let me know.  I miss reading what others have to say. I assume we still don't know anything about TK's status with Smash  (even though I've heard they are now filming Season Two)  or any other project he may have on the horizon.  Right????
paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Like everyone...I sure am missing TK....I am sure nervous with no mention of Angelica or TK...If they are gone so am I.  I just watch it for TK anyway....Praying there is a new venue in the offing for TK..Pah...Ive looked on here too for new words...but there sure hasnt been much..Hope all is well with you...  TK WE ARE HERE off or on the screen...
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #31 
There's nothing wrong with the board, as far as we can tell.  There just isn't any news right now from the TK front.  All three of us have been playing phone tag with him, but with the summer and his kids off of school, and me with new residents to whip into shape, it's just been impossible to coordinate time to talk!  We'll let you know as soon as we manage to actually connect!

Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Thanks for the reassurance, Gina.  I've been wondering what TK is up to, but the longer we don't hear anything about Smash, the more nervous I get.
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Thanks for replying, Gina.  I feel better just knowing that the three of you are trying to keep tabs on Thorsten for us.  The only grain of hope I have  is the fact that I got the impression from something I read very recently (can't remember where) that Angelica is returning for season 2. That does not ASSURE that Nick will be there, but HER disappearance would no doubt assure his absence too . So I am hopeful, and TRYING to be patient, but that is hard for me to do during a Thorsten dry spell.
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
^^^I got worried too Pah when I read that AH might not return, but then I also read that she would be there for Season 2 so that gives me some hope for our Nick.

June
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
 Thank you Gina - Know you are all busy and it is great that we can come here - Peggy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.