Message Board

 

Main Section
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #1 
With AMC announcing last month that many fan favs will be returning before the show ends, and having seen how AMC/OLTL are so good at making a mess of the returns, I have to wonder if some of these will be HAPPY returns.  Of course, the most important one to me is my beloved Zach returning, no matter for how short a stay.  With so many other characters returning and so many loose ends to tie, I am not holding my breath that Zach will get a decent amount of airtime or a good story.  My plan is to simply enjoy watching Mr. Kaye weave his magic back on my screen, with no expectations from TIIC/"Writers"!

Having said that, there are some people I look forward to seeing return.  LEO, but played only by Josh has been on my list for a long time, so I am happy to hear he is coming back.  I do like it when soaps let our favorite characters be PRESUMED dead.  As long as there is no body, I am open to scenarios that bring them back.  But when there IS a body, I have no faith in "writers" explaining things to us.  They did mess up Jesse's return, and if it weren't for DW's talent, the return would have flopped!  So..... How they are going to explain Dixie being alive?  Oh well.....  If they were capable of good writing, I would have wanted Uncle Joshua, Michael Cambias and Simone Torres come back too

In other returns, I know Kelly Ripa will be back, but she better be coming back WITH her hubby, LOL.  I have always liked Kelly/Haley and Mark/Mateo. I would also love to see Dimitri, Alex, Anna, Charlie return, but not if re-cast.  TIIC often forget that it's the actors who made these characters.  Among the younger crowd, I have been waiting for a long time for hot shot lawyer Timmy to come back and knock some sense into his sister.  I would be curious what Bobby, Kelsey, Lily, Petey are doing these days.  I could care less about Jaime, Reggie, Damien, etc.  Oh, and PLEASE don't bring back Jonboy, LOL.

So, I have been catching bits and pieces of the show since the announcement.  With Zach/Leo/Dixie returning, do any of you wonder how the show will end?  Kendall played grief-stricken widow quite well in the beginning.  But if she is GRIFF stricken before Zach returns, then I sure hope Zach brings with him his new-found true love (and we all know who can play that ), fetches the boys and says Adios PV!  Dixie is alive and seemingly being held captive.  So, we know she is not returning as a spirit to give her blessing to ThadeASS to move on with Cara.  If Taxie takes off again, what happens to Cara?  If Cara reunites with Jake The Fake, what happens to Amanda?  If Amanda goes back to Joonyer, what happens to Marissa?  If Marissa suddenly realizes she is gay and falls for Binks (!!!!!  I won't put it past AMC, LOL), what happens to Scott?  If Scott works things out with Madison, what happens to Rage Monkey?  If Leo comes back, will he be a ghost and haunt Rage Monkey?  If he is alive and turns Greens into somewhat of a human being again, who will Rage Monkey whissper-shout to?  Gosh, if Rage Monkey is alone in the end, it will give me some satisfaction!  Not as much as if I get to see Zach punch the living daylights out of him, but still!!!!!!

I think they will leave both generations of Hubbards intact, including Lucy.  It is funny how two soaps on different networks have two husbands, illegally adopting girls, both named Lucy, LOL.  Well, I hope Hubbards can keep her. 
David and Liza can keep their unholy union going, LOL.

What about Erica?  It is a known fact that I intensely dislike JackASS and Kwak.  I would rather see Jack/Kwak vs Erica/Caleb end up together just for that reason.  But I know TIIC won't give me that satisfaction either, LOL.


__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
Mary

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,883
Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
With AMC announcing last month that many fan favs will be returning before the show ends, and having seen how AMC/OLTL are so good at making a mess of the returns, I have to wonder if some of these will be HAPPY returns.  Of course, the most important one to me is my beloved Zach returning, no matter for how short a stay.  With so many other characters returning and so many loose ends to tie, I am not holding my breath that Zach will get a decent amount of airtime or a good story.  My plan is to simply enjoy watching Mr. Kaye weave his magic back on my screen, with no expectations from TIIC/"Writers"!

Having said that, there are some people I look forward to seeing return.  LEO, but played only by Josh has been on my list for a long time, so I am happy to hear he is coming back.  I do like it when soaps let our favorite characters be PRESUMED dead.  As long as there is no body, I am open to scenarios that bring them back.  But when there IS a body, I have no faith in "writers" explaining things to us.  They did mess up Jesse's return, and if it weren't for DW's talent, the return would have flopped!  So..... How they are going to explain Dixie being alive?  Oh well.....  If they were capable of good writing, I would have wanted Uncle Joshua, Michael Cambias and Simone Torres come back too

In other returns, I know Kelly Ripa will be back, but she better be coming back WITH her hubby, LOL.  I have always liked Kelly/Haley and Mark/Mateo. I would also love to see Dimitri, Alex, Anna, Charlie return, but not if re-cast.  TIIC often forget that it's the actors who made these characters.  Among the younger crowd, I have been waiting for a long time for hot shot lawyer Timmy to come back and knock some sense into his sister.  I would be curious what Bobby, Kelsey, Lily, Petey are doing these days.  I could care less about Jaime, Reggie, Damien, etc.  Oh, and PLEASE don't bring back Jonboy, LOL.

So, I have been catching bits and pieces of the show since the announcement.  With Zach/Leo/Dixie returning, do any of you wonder how the show will end?  Kendall played grief-stricken widow quite well in the beginning.  But if she is GRIFF stricken before Zach returns, then I sure hope Zach brings with him his new-found true love (and we all know who can play that ), fetches the boys and says Adios PV!  Dixie is alive and seemingly being held captive.  So, we know she is not returning as a spirit to give her blessing to ThadeASS to move on with Cara.  If Taxie takes off again, what happens to Cara?  If Cara reunites with Jake The Fake, what happens to Amanda?  If Amanda goes back to Joonyer, what happens to Marissa?  If Marissa suddenly realizes she is gay and falls for Binks (!!!!!  I won't put it past AMC, LOL), what happens to Scott?  If Scott works things out with Madison, what happens to Rage Monkey?  If Leo comes back, will he be a ghost and haunt Rage Monkey?  If he is alive and turns Greens into somewhat of a human being again, who will Rage Monkey whissper-shout to?  Gosh, if Rage Monkey is alone in the end, it will give me some satisfaction!  Not as much as if I get to see Zach punch the living daylights out of him, but still!!!!!!

I think they will leave both generations of Hubbards intact, including Lucy.  It is funny how two soaps on different networks have two husbands, illegally adopting girls, both named Lucy, LOL.  Well, I hope Hubbards can keep her. 
David and Liza can keep their unholy union going, LOL.

What about Erica?  It is a known fact that I intensely dislike JackASS and Kwak.  I would rather see Jack/Kwak vs Erica/Caleb end up together just for that reason.  But I know TIIC won't give me that satisfaction either, LOL.

Great post Searose.Since i never get what i want wish for on these shows,i SO want Erica&Caleb to end up together,so i know that WON't Happen.  I really like Michael Nouri.I am just worried with all these returning characters there won't be anytime to really have any story for them to tell.I don't think Kelly Ripa said yet they she is returning for sure.I do like some actors on the show now and feel bad for them if they are losing a job for old favs to return but since the show is ending i understand them doing this.

I LOVE that TK will be back  but since i am not a Zendall fan YES i would LOVE for Zach's new found true love to come w/ him,yes we know who that can be but i am pretty sure that won't happen. I am sorry,with how they ended my fav couple P&M i have no faith in these writers at all either.

__________________
Kathy

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/
Administrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,298
Reply with quote  #3 
Site MeterI feel so totally divorced from AMC now that I haven't given much thought to its swan song but I admire your creativity, searose! Honestly though when I heard Josh Duhamel was returning my instant reaction was fuck (g) -- because the last thing I want is for Leo to suck up air time that belongs to Zach! I just want Zach to have a happy ending. Everyone else is expendable. If I could have one more wish, Griffin (AKA PV's Second Coming) will be bodily assumed into heaven onscreen.

__________________
Order your copy of Thorsten's new book now!
Alina

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Honestly though when I heard Josh Duhamel was returning my instant reaction was fuck (g) -- because the last thing I want is for Leo to suck up air time that belongs to Zach!


Luckily, I read that JD would be back for only 1 or 2 episodes to air in August.  It was described as a "cameo" so I don't think his return will mess with TK/Zach's airtime. 

Of course, that doesn't mean we as Zach/TK fans won't get flucked over some other way, lol.  I've got several disgusting scenarios dancing in my head of ways the knife can be twisted in our backs. Whatever the case may be...I'm going to just sit back and enjoy TK being back on my screen and enjoy the magic and energy he brings to Zach and to AMC.  Screw everything and everyone else. 

__________________
ALINA
Proud Member of the OTKWS &
Lover of all things Thorsten Kaye

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Alina

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #5 
Woohoooo!  Another return and boy do I want this one to be connected to Zach's return!   I can't think of a better person (other than a beautiful new lover of Zach's played by Susan) to have cared for a hurt-amnesiac Zach & to bring him home to PV more than this one (g).

Eva La Rue has joined the growing list of All My Children alumni returning to the ABC soap before it goes off the air in September.

Earlier this week, the show announced that it had also snagged star Josh Duhamel (Las Vegas, Transformers). He'll be back for at least one episode in August, reprising the role of Leo du Pres, who died in 2003. Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater) and Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney Martin), both of whom play characters who are now deceased, will also return.

Josh Duhamel returning to All My Children

La Rue, who currently stars in CBS' CSI: Miami, will be back for several episodes beginning in July.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-All-My-Children-1034037.aspx



__________________
ALINA
Proud Member of the OTKWS &
Lover of all things Thorsten Kaye

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

pah

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,096
Reply with quote  #6 

   I realize that many of these returnees will be warmly welcomed by their old fans, but honestly, I am selfishly interested in seeing ONLY one man again, my ZACH. I would prefer to devote all that airtime to developing a suitable and happy resolution to the problems TPTB spent the last few years creating for him. I am looking forward with a little bit of hope, but not truly expecting him to get his due.  Nevertheless, I know he will make every second they give him pure gold, and my DVR will be at the ready. Do we know when he will re-appear?

searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #7 
Yes, from what I had heard on local ABC station, Josh will be making cameo only, like it says in Alina's post.  But AMC has so many loose ends to tie with so many characters, that even without bringing back so many former cast members, I don't think Zach would have got fair amount of airtime.  I too am more interested in every single moment of Zach being back on my screen, but my expectations in terms of airtime and story are sort of LOW, LOL.

Mary, I knew you would agree on Caleb/Erica because you like MN, but chances are, they will reunite Jerica because according to AMC, they have always been soulmates

__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
Kathy

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/
Administrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,298
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose


Mary, I knew you would agree on Caleb/Erica because you like MN, but chances are, they will reunite Jerica because according to AMC, they have always been soulmates


And because Erica keeps Jack's balls in her coin purse! (The only person Erica is soulmates with is herself!)

My Jack hate is eternal.

__________________
Order your copy of Thorsten's new book now!
Mary

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,883
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Yes, from what I had heard on local ABC station, Josh will be making cameo only, like it says in Alina's post.  But AMC has so many loose ends to tie with so many characters, that even without bringing back so many former cast members, I don't think Zach would have got fair amount of airtime.  I too am more interested in every single moment of Zach being back on my screen, but my expectations in terms of airtime and story are sort of LOW, LOL.

Mary, I knew you would agree on Caleb/Erica because you like MN, but chances are, they will reunite Jerica because according to AMC, they have always been soulmates

 Searose,SO agree w/ you on Caleb&Erica.Yes, I REALLY like Michael Nouri.Not only a GOOD looking man,lol. but the man CAN act. Aww,that's what i was afraid of STUPID Jerica will reunite. yeah,perfect icon you used.Watch we will get ANOTHER Jerica wedding.NOOO.Just wonder now what will happen with Caleb they better NOT put him with KWAK.I LOVED Dorothy&Caleb.SOB!!


__________________
Mary

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,883
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose


Mary, I knew you would agree on Caleb/Erica because you like MN, but chances are, they will reunite Jerica because according to AMC, they have always been soulmates


And because Erica keeps Jack's balls in her coin purse! (The only person Erica is soulmates with is herself!)

My Jack hate is eternal.

Kathy,thanks for the laughs.lol.You crack me up.I can see you won't being joinng Jack's fan club anytime soon.lol.I won't either.lol.


__________________
Ann

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,476
Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose


Mary, I knew you would agree on Caleb/Erica because you like MN, but chances are, they will reunite Jerica because according to AMC, they have always been soulmates


And because Erica keeps Jack's balls in her coin purse! (The only person Erica is soulmates with is herself!)

My Jack hate is eternal.


SPEWWWWWWWW!!!
Thanks Kathy, I needed a laugh....and coke all over my keyboard. LOL

Seriously I don't think Leo will be on enough to eat any airtime.  The one I am worried about is Dixie. I really expect them to turn it in to "The Dixie Hour".

__________________
I am NOT mean..you're just a sissy
Ann
searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose


Mary, I knew you would agree on Caleb/Erica because you like MN, but chances are, they will reunite Jerica because according to AMC, they have always been soulmates


And because Erica keeps Jack's balls in her coin purse! (The only person Erica is soulmates with is herself!)

My Jack hate is eternal.
So is mine, Kathy.  I mean, I actually lumped my intense dislike for JackASS with my dislike for Kwak, LOL.  It can only be topped by Rylee!

I guess the reason he always acts in such smug, hypocritical, loud, arm-throwing ways is he doesn't want us to know where his balls are, LOL.


__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #13 
EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!  JFAP!!!!!!!!!!! But, with two more crazy ladies on the loose with her, I wonder if she will get any good scenes or will AMC turn this into farce!

"Comings and Goings" Photos (12)
 
  • All My Children: News of cast members returning to AMC has been coming fast and furious. Including Kate Collins, who will return the week of July 25th as Janet Green, aka "Janet from Another Planet." Look for Janet's return to coincide with a breakout at Oak Haven psychiatric hospital...

    Coming this summer to Pine Valley: Thorsten Kaye will return to the role of Zach Slater! A beloved fan favorite, Zach seemingly perished in a plane crash in 2010. How he will return to the canvass is anybody's guess.

    Beloved fan-favorite Jennifer Bassey will be returning to Pine Valley as Marian Colby Chandler (last seen trying to shoot Kendall and being carted off to Oak Haven hospital). Look for Marian to return the week of July 25th, and her fellow Oak Haven residents will have a part in her return as well...

    You can't keep a good crazy girl down, as Pine Valley will learn when Annie Chandler returns to town. Look for Melissa Claire Egan to reprise her role, beginning the week of July 25th. And with fellow Oak Haven residents Janet and Marian also poised to return, you have to wonder if Pine Valley is prepared...

    Another big return to announce as All My Children gears up for its final months. Eva La Rue will be coming back to Pine Valley as Maria Santos, a role she last played in 2005 (with a special guest appearance last year). Eva's return is planned for July, but as for what will bring her back to town, we can only wonder...

    Get ready for a big-time reunion as film and television star Josh Duhamel (Transformers) returns to the show that made him famous. Duhamel played Leo du Pres from 1999 to 2002, and Leo's romance with Greenlee earned him a lot of fans. Look for Josh to return this August as AMC moves towards its final episodes in September.


    http://abc.go.com/shows/all-my-children/photo-details/comings-and-goings/802004

    __________________
    **************************************
    Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
    **************************************
    pah

    Avatar / Picture

    Platinum Member
    Registered:
    Posts: 1,096
    Reply with quote  #14 

      Darn it, these spoilers always give the dates of return for everybody but Zach!  I want to be sure to have my DVR at the ready when he walks in, but don't know when to start looking for him. I guess they aren't telling us because it would ruin some sort of surprise set-up, but heck, the spoilers have been telling us almost everything else for a long time now.

    kj_wilson

    Avatar / Picture

    Platinum Member
    Registered:
    Posts: 703
    Reply with quote  #15 

    Thanks for posting Searose!

    Click on that pic of TK for major !


    __________________
    Kathy ******************************************************************** ********************************************************************
    searose

    Avatar / Picture

    Platinum Member
    Registered:
    Posts: 4,283
    Reply with quote  #16 
    OKaye, we have one more............

    "Comings and Goings"
    All My Children:  Comedy legend Carol Burnett will be returning to Pine Valley in September, as she reprises the role of Verla Grubbs. Verla Grubbs first appeared in Pine Valley in 1983 as the long-lost daughter of Langley Wallingford, played by the late Louis Edmonds. Ms. Burnett returned in 1995 for the 25th Anniversary of the show, and also hosted the 25th Anniversary primetime special.  She reprised her role for the show's 35th Anniversary episode in 2005, and will now play Verla Grubbs one last time opposite Susan Lucci (Erica Kane), and  Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt).  "It is our honor and pleasure to welcome back Carol Burnett to Pine Valley," said Julie Hanan Carruthers, Executive Producer of AMC. Verla Grubbs is a beloved member of the All My Children family and we look forward to reprising her character."

    All My Children: Comedy legend Carol Burnett will be returning to Pine Valley in September, as she reprises the role of Verla Grubbs.

    Verla Grubbs first appeared in Pine Valley in 1983 as the long-lost daughter of Langley Wallingford, played by the late Louis Edmonds. Ms. Burnett returned in 1995 for the 25th Anniversary of the show, and also hosted the 25th Anniversary primetime special. She reprised her role for the show’s 35th Anniversary episode in 2005, and will now play Verla Grubbs one last time opposite Susan Lucci (Erica Kane), and Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt).

    "It is our honor and pleasure to welcome back Carol Burnett to Pine Valley," said Julie Hanan Carruthers, Executive Producer of AMC. Verla Grubbs is a beloved member of the All My Children family and we look forward to reprising her character."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I love CB, but honestly, now that we know the date, I am getting anxious for August 5 to roll around.......


    __________________
    **************************************
    Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
    **************************************
    kj_wilson

    Avatar / Picture

    Platinum Member
    Registered:
    Posts: 703
    Reply with quote  #17 

    And another.  How on earth will they do this one??

    All My Children: HUGE news for AMC fans, as primetime star Sarah Michelle Gellar will be appearing on the show that launched her career as it  rolls towards its finale. Look for her to return on September 21st, and she'll be sharing scenes with Eva LaRue's Maria Santos!

    Ms. Gellar played the role of Kendall Hart from 1993-1995, earning acclaim and a Daytime Emmy nomination in the process. She went on to star in the cult smash Buffy the Vampire Slayer and films like The Grudge and Scream 2, and this fall she returns to TV in Ringer.

    Kendall was brought back to Pine Valley in 2002, with Alicia Minshew portraying her right up to the present. So how will Kendalls old and new co-exist upon SMG's return? Tune in and see!



    __________________
    Kathy ******************************************************************** ********************************************************************
    kj_wilson

    Avatar / Picture

    Platinum Member
    Registered:
    Posts: 703
    Reply with quote  #18 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kj_wilson

    primetime star Sarah Michelle Gellar will be appearing on the show that launched her career as it  rolls towards its finale.



    What a dangling modifier!  The writer makes it sound like SMG's career is rolling toward it's finale!  LOL!



    __________________
    Kathy ******************************************************************** ********************************************************************
    Previous Topic | Next Topic
    Print
    Reply

    Quick Navigation:

    Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.