Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I'm re-reading Macbeth for fun, last time it was required reading in high school.  I keep picturing TK as the Scottish Thane as he played him at Hilberry.  Damn, I wish I had seen him then, but now I can see him in my mind's eye and it's pretty good.  I'll have to read the Dogberry part again and let my imagination show me how he would of played him.  One of the best comedic parts in the Bard's works.  I feel so wistful.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Sheesh, and I've been sitting here re-reading The Bacchae for the hell of it! LOL! Never could get into the iambic pentameter and the rhyming stuff... I will stick to Euripides.

"There is nothing wrong with your HDTV. Do not attempt to switch to CBS. Brian Frons is controlling the transmission.
If he wishes to make it louder, he will bring up the volume. If he wishes to make it softer, he will tune it to a whisper. He
can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. He will control the horizontal. He will control the
vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and he will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe
and mystery which reaches from Megan McTavish's mind to... All My Children."

Zachaddict

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

I'm re-reading Macbeth for fun, last time it was required reading in high school.  I keep picturing TK as the Scottish Thane as he played him at Hilberry.  Damn, I wish I had seen him then, but now I can see him in my mind's eye and it's pretty good.  I'll have to read the Dogberry part again and let my imagination show me how he would of played him.  One of the best comedic parts in the Bard's works.  I feel so wistful.

I love all Shakespeare plays (and English is not my native language...) and have seen most of them on stage in various places.  We used to live in DC and had a subscription to the Shakespeare theater.  All our children grew up going to that theater.  Now I have a daughter-in-law who works there.

Anyway,  I would love to see TK on the stage someday.  I wonder whether he ever considers doing Shakespeare again.  Now for that I would make a trip somewhere. 

Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

I love all Shakespeare plays (and English is not my native language...) and have seen most of them on stage in various places.  We used to live in DC and had a subscription to the Shakespeare theater.  All our children grew up going to that theater.  Now I have a daughter-in-law who works there.

Anyway,  I would love to see TK on the stage someday.  I wonder whether he ever considers doing Shakespeare again.  Now for that I would make a trip somewhere. 

Here in Houston we have 2 plays a year for free at our outdoor theatre.  A comedy and a tragedy.  And they are always very, very well done.  I will probably start imagining TK up on that stage from now on.  This year it is the Tempest and Titus Andronicus.  I'll read both before they play in July/August.  Sometimes ol' Will is hard to understand but I get the gist of it very well.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

Here in Houston we have 2 plays a year for free at our outdoor theatre.  A comedy and a tragedy.  And they are always very, very well done.  I will probably start imagining TK up on that stage from now on.  This year it is the Tempest and Titus Andronicus.  I'll read both before they play in July/August.  Sometimes ol' Will is hard to understand but I get the gist of it very well.

I think you are very wise to read those two plays before seeing them.  They are not the easiest ones to digest, a little homework always helps.

Maybe one day we will see the real TK on stage.  We can always hope.

Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

I think you are very wise to read those two plays before seeing them.  They are not the easiest ones to digest, a little homework always helps.

Maybe one day we will see the real TK on stage.  We can always hope.

That would be wonderous fair!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

I'm re-reading Macbeth for fun, last time it was required reading in high school. I keep picturing TK as the Scottish Thane as he played him at Hilberry. Damn, I wish I had seen him then, but now I can see him in my mind's eye and it's pretty good. I'll have to read the Dogberry part again and let my imagination show me how he would of played him. One of the best comedic parts in the Bard's works. I feel so wistful.

I love all Shakespeare plays (and English is not my native language...) and have seen most of them on stage in various places. We used to live in DC and had a subscription to the Shakespeare theater. All our children grew up going to that theater. Now I have a daughter-in-law who works there.

Anyway, I would love to see TK on the stage someday. I wonder whether he ever considers doing Shakespeare again. Now for that I would make a trip somewhere.

What a small world -- my sister-in-law worked there some years ago (when it was the Folger's Shakespeare Theater on Capitol Hill, before they moved to the old  Lansburgh's space).

I saw Macbeth there once (in the old space), and it was a memorable experience. I'd love to see Thorsten in that play too -- among others.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Would it not be excellent for Thorsten and Kenneth Branagh to get together and bring Macbeth to the big screen?  Starring our guy of course.  After all TK's already got that role under his belt.  Of course it would mean less time for Zach.  The only downside to the idea.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.