Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 

Lucci unloads on soap-killer

Last Updated: 3:46 AM, September 3, 2011

Posted: 2:23 AM, September 3, 2011

All My Children” star Susan Lucci unleashes her fury about the cancellation of the long-running ABC soap in a blistering epilogue just added to the paperback edition of her book, “All My Life: A Memoir.”

Lucci, who has played Erica Kane since 1970, blasts ABC Daytime head Brian Frons and describes how she personally berated him, saying, “I think our being in this position is the result of some very bad decisions by you.”

She claims Frons installed a new head writer in 2008 who oversaw writing that was “subpar,” ordered the show moved to LA from New York and pushed out the soap’s creator, Agnes Nixon.

Susan Lucci                        
AFP/Getty Images

Susan Lucci

Lucci says Frons told her in April that “All My Children” would be replaced by a food show cheaper to make. She writes, “An iconic show was losing out to greed ... If Brian Frons could show his bosses that he could save the network 40 percent ... he could keep his job even if the rest of us lost ours.” She continues, “I watched Brian Frons’ decisions destroy the production of our show and the lives of people on both sides of the country.”

Lucci said Frons appeared “self-congratulatory” delivering the bad news to the cast, and he “has what, for me, is that fatal combination of ignorance and arrogance,” adding, “I cannot fathom any network executive choosing to alienate millions of loyal viewers in these economic times.”

She was even tempted to call ABC and leave the message “F.U. -- and your little dog, too,” but never did.

One industry source responded, “Is she bitter, or is this to get more attention for her book? Susan has done extraordinarily well from playing Erica Kane. She has had an amazing career for 41 years. It is too bad it doesn’t end on a high note.” An ABC rep said, “We have all the respect in the world for Susan, and are sorry she felt the need to write this epilogue to an otherwise incredible career.” Lucci’s rep declined to comment.

GO SUSAN!
I love that she's calling out Frons in the paperback edition of her autobiography. I'm so glad she stood up for AMC and for the cast and crew against that evil clown Frons. The truth hurts, doesn't it, ABC?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
WOW!  WAY TO GO, SUSAN!!!!!        "ignorance and arrogance" says it all.  I applaud your guts to tell it like it is.
Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Lucci said Frons appeared “self-congratulatory” delivering the bad news to the cast, and he “has what, for me, is that fatal combination of ignorance and arrogance,” adding, “I cannot fathom any network executive choosing to alienate millions of loyal viewers in these economic times.”

She was even tempted to call ABC and leave the message “F.U. -- and your little dog, too,” but never did.

WTG, Susan!!!!!!!!  I'm SO glad she decided to add this to her book!  I really LOVE her now!

Thanks for posting this, Kathy!

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

WHOA, Susan Lucci can really tell it like it is!!!!!!  I admire her guts on calling out BF.  I have always liked her, but now I am a big fan, big enough that I will even go and buy and encourage everyone else to buy the book, just to show ABC which side we are on.  And may be I will even call ABC and leave the message that she was tempted to and didn't

Thanks for posting this Kathy!

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
WHOA, Susan Lucci can really tell it like it is!!!!!!  I admire her guts on calling out BF.  I have always liked her, but now I am a big fan, big enough that I will even go and buy and encourage everyone else to buy the book, just to show ABC which side we are on.  And may be I will even call ABC and leave the message that she was tempted to and didn't

Thanks for posting this Kathy!

Yes thank you for posting this Kathy.WooHoo GO SUSAN!!I am going to buy Susan's book,I LOVE Susan.
Oh and GO SEAROSE, Lol. make that call!!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Susan Tells it like it is....WHY DOES BF still have a job???? Susan is as Eliquent as Ericka....and just as CLEARLY SPOKEN...Im more of a fan now than ever.  Ive never been a fan before...First Was TK then AMC...and now SUSAN...the momentum only seems to be picking up...Im so Glad she spoke up...too many are afraid of ABC...sigh...WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
                Brava, Susan Lucci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        

My only regret is that she didn't leave that "F.U. and your little dog too!" message at ABC!
I've always loved SL, but my respect for her has just grown tremendously!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing this with us, Kathy.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.