Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
lurknomore

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
FYI -

I noticed my TiVo only had two more episodes of PC on the to do list, and it appears that SoapNet has made a change - and NOT for the better, if you're a PC watcher.

As of June 4, Ryan's Hope is back for an hour a night, Tuesday through Saturday.

And PC? Appears to be gone altogether.  I'm going to call later today and see what they say, but it's not looking good. I'm glad Ryan's Hope is back, I really am, but I am very, very disappointed that it's at the expense of PC.

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I haven't been able to confirm, but I saw something yesterday on the SoapNet PC board (which I haven't checked in months) that PC is moving to Sunday morning after this weekend.  I was going to wait and check the schedule after this weekend.

I can't believe we have 90210, Dallas, One Tree, and OC 2-4 times per day each, and we can't get 1 hour of PC.  I guess I should rephrase, I can believe it, I don't understand it.
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Please don't tell me they're taking it off??  Did I understand that it's going to be on Sun. mornings instead?  Do you know what time?  I hate this!  I'm never going to finish the rest of the arcs if they keep this up. 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 

PC had a banner today that said it's moving to 6AM ET on Sundays starting next week.  I think the reason there was only one episode on today is because it was the last of Naked Eyes.  Surrender will start next week.  Maybe that's some indication we'll get to see all of Surrender, but I'm not holding my breath.  It will take the rest of the year to get through it at the pace of 2 episodes per week.

Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
When it originally aired, the first episode of Surrender was one hour long. By cutting it short an episode today, next Sunday they will show the first episode of Surrender in its entirety instead of half today and half next week.

I really find it hard to believe that there are enough fans of Ryan's Hope to get five hours a week, but PC continues to be relegated to only one hour a week. And don't get me started on the idiocy that is the Dallas airtime schedule.

I'm very sorry for those of you who have never seen PC all the way through at least once... it is worth watching, though, no matter what they do to the schedule.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I must say, Soapnet is playing me like a fiddle.  This morning I was thinking, I really must pay attention--this could be the last episode of PC I will see.  When they posted the schedule change to Sunday at 6am, I was actually grateful to get even ONE episode of PC a week!  What's wrong with me????   Oh, I remember...IAN!!  Oh, my..that man is fine in a tuxedo, isn't he??  I can't believe I'm excited about 1/2 hour a week!  Kinda makes you long for the days of 4 episodes a day, doesn't it??

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM

I must say, Soapnet is playing me like a fiddle.  This morning I was thinking, I really must pay attention--this could be the last episode of PC I will see.  When they posted the schedule change to Sunday at 6am, I was actually grateful to get even ONE episode of PC a week!  What's wrong with me????   Oh, I remember...IAN!!  Oh, my..that man is fine in a tuxedo, isn't he??  I can't believe I'm excited about 1/2 hour a week!  Kinda makes you long for the days of 4 episodes a day, doesn't it??

I hope we get an hour again starting next week.  Next thing you know, they'll probably break a PC episode into 5-minute segments and run 5 minutes in the middle of every Dallas episode!
zendall44

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Brownpenny, please don't give them any ideas! LOL!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
OK -- I am totally confused. This week I only got one episode of Port Charles -- the start of Allison and Rafe's wedding. The previews were for Ian and Lucy talking, and Kevin walks up and says something like "hope you weren't talking about me, and is that my wife you are touching." Did anyone get that second episode or did my DVR screw up? When I do a search it doesn't show any Port Charles episodes next week. Is it moving to Sunday morning?
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
There was only 1 episode this wk.  Rafe & Alison's wedding, altho' it didn't get started yet.  According to tvguide.com, there will be 2 episodes a wk again starting 6/17, Sunday morning at 6am.  Next week, 6/10, Sunday morning, there will be only 1 episode again at 6am, for whatever reason. The 630am time slot that date is blank.  No clue what that means.  We need to make some noise so they will keep it coming, hopefully. 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou
There was only 1 episode this wk.  Rafe & Alison's wedding, altho' it didn't get started yet.  According to tvguide.com, there will be 2 episodes a wk again starting 6/17, Sunday morning at 6am.  Next week, 6/10, Sunday morning, there will be only 1 episode again at 6am, for whatever reason. The 630am time slot that date is blank.  No clue what that means.  We need to make some noise so they will keep it coming, hopefully. 

Thank you, Sharon. Will reset my DVR. Can't miss Ian!

P.S. I am beginning to think that Frons is in charge of the Soapnet scheduling, and he is punishing all of us for NOT drinking the "Ryan is a Saint, the most perfect man in all the universe" kool-aid.
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

Just so there's no confusion... I'll repeat what I mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm sure that the reason there is only one episode listed for this Sunday morning (6/10) is because it is the first episode of the Surrender arc. That was a ONE HOUR episode when it originally aired. So make sure you set your VCR (or DVR or TIVO) on Sunday for 60 minutes or you will be kicking yourselves that you have only half of it.

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Thanks, Cheri!  You ARE the Port Charles Queen, you know!!  Thanks for all your insight on the show and for sharing your clips with us on "Zachless" days.  Having missed PC the first time around, I'm realling enjoying getting to know (and love) Ian.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Kudos Cheri! I knew you'd straighten us out!  Now I know why the 2nd time slot 6/17 is blank... an hour show.  Can't wait! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

It's not on the satellite schedule.   HELP!

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Last week I set my DVR to record Ryan's Hope from 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. (Central time) and got PC. I don't know why they haven't updated... but I've set it the same way for tomorrow. Good luck!

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri

Last week I set my DVR to record Ryan's Hope from 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. (Central time) and got PC. I don't know why they haven't updated... but I've set it the same way for tomorrow. Good luck!

Cheri, I did that too, and again this morning and it recorded PC, thats the 2nd week in a row its down as Ryan's Hope and recorded PC, but on the Time Warner Cable TV Schedule, they have it down as PC. but not the one on the DVR. They also had it down for Thurs 21st at 5 to 6 am, talk about screwed up, that time it didn't record OLTL or whatever was on in that time slot. Eventually they may get it right.!!!!

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Thanks.  

Blast!   I didn't get anything.  I forgot to set the vcr.  Soapnet.com still has it listed as Saturday.

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
If it helps, I find TVGuide.com to be the most reliable as far as the PC sched.
I had no trouble getting it to record.  But I just wish we could make enough
noise to get PC back on a daily sched. instead of this 2 eps a wk now.  I hope everyone will keep up the pressure, bc it seemed to help RH & it is back
on the daily sched.  BTW, TK ROCKED on this PC!!  He was AWESOME!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri

My online satellite isn't correct either.  I have just been recording Ryan's Hope too. I manually set my DVR for the time listed on the Soapnet website and I have been getting Port Charles instead of Ryan's Hope.  Last week I somehow got OLTL, but now that I am doing it myself, it seems to be working.  Wish they would make their damn minds up and get all the online guides in sync. 
lurknomore

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
My TiVo guide finally caught up today.

Luckily, I did a manual record of what the TiVo called "Ryan's Hope" and got the two PC episodes from Sunday - which were the infamous "Ian becomes a Vampire" episodes!

Eeeee!!! They were really good, too. I know the plot is spectacularly stupid, but TK and LH really sell the heck out of the whole sequence. And I love the hints that being so close to Lucy is simultaneously helping him and yet intensifying the symptoms because he wants her so much. Really nicely played dichotomy, there.

KathyNYC

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #22 
OK..I admit it. I am confused.

My cable guide has no PC listed..so I just figured it was not on anymore...grr.

But it is still on...just listed wrong?

When should I look for it??

Help.....
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

It's on Sun. at 6am &  630am.  2 episodes.  Some say it's listed as Ryan's Hope, but that's wrong, it's PC.  And it's the good ones, as Ian was just bitten & is now a reluctant vampire, struggling not to act on it. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
At last my cable company has it right, in my "to be recorded" list it has PC at 5:00am and 5:30am (central time). Wonders will never cease.

Take care,
Enis

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Oh great..I checked back just in time..as it's 1 am Sunday am. I will set my TV to tape the shows later this morning.

Thanks for the help with this. I appreciate it.
gwennie

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Am I crazy or did they show the same PC episode twice this weekend? My Tivo recorded it, it has two different times listed, but is the same episode. Did this just happen in MST? I was dying to see episode two that was listed -- it was supposed to be the one where Lucy turns on the sprinklers to keep Ian from sleeping with Elizabeth. I really wanted to see that one.
brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie
Am I crazy or did they show the same PC episode twice this weekend? My Tivo recorded it, it has two different times listed, but is the same episode. Did this just happen in MST? I was dying to see episode two that was listed -- it was supposed to be the one where Lucy turns on the sprinklers to keep Ian from sleeping with Elizabeth. I really wanted to see that one.

I'm in MST, and I got two different episodes.  Timezone should not make a difference because SoapNet only has one feed.  The second episode ended where Lucy just saw Ian and Elizabeth on the hidden camera, so I think the episode you mentioned will be the first one next week.  I'm still in the dark ages taping things on VHS, but sometimes it seems better than relying on Tivo picking up the right schedule.
gwennie

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie

I'm in MST, and I got two different episodes. Timezone should not make a difference because SoapNet only has one feed. The second episode ended where Lucy just saw Ian and Elizabeth on the hidden camera, so I think the episode you mentioned will be the first one next week. I'm still in the dark ages taping things on VHS, but sometimes it seems better than relying on Tivo picking up the right schedule.

Thanks, so glad I didn't miss that episode. Maybe I should also go back to the good ole' VHS. I love the new technology of digital recording, but just like a computer it has it's glitches. Plus I have recorded and re-recorded so many episodes of AMC and PC -- that I think the hard drive on my DVR is getting a bit warped. Wish I knew how to clean and repair fragments on my DVR hard drive like my computer.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.