Main Section

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
You just happy to see me?)

A short while ago I found out that today is Poem In Your Pocket Day:

Celebrate national Poem In Your Pocket Day on Thursday, April 30, 2009!

The idea is simple: select a poem you love during National Poetry Month then carry it with you to share with co-workers, family, and friends on April 30, 2009.

Poems from pockets will be unfolded throughout the day with events in parks, libraries, schools, workplaces, and bookstores. Create your own Poem In Your Pocket Day event using ideas below or let us know how you will celebrate Poem In Your Pocket Day by emailing npm@poets.org.                                                

Well, this morning I had a doctor's appointment, so I tucked a copy of A Solid Wheel of Colored Ribbons into my pocket[book] to take along as a small thank you for all their care of me to donate to the reading material in the waiting room, where I have seen children, even though children aren't treated there.

The doctor and his nurse seemed really appreciative and impressed with what they were able to flip through of the book during my appointment. Turned out my doctor was familiar with the CBS soaps, not ABC, but said he did know who some ABC characters were, so I told him Thorsten played Erica Kane's son-in-law. And the nurse told me her daughter watched AMC, and she'd ask her about Zach Slater.

So even though I didn't know today was Poem In Your Pocket Day when I started out, it seems that I celebrated it anyway, and A Solid Wheel couldn't have been a more perfect way to do it.Site Meter

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Good for you Kathy, I didn't know there was a Poem in your Pocket Day. What a lovely way to get Thorsten's book out there, thats how it gets started, little by little.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
What a thoughtful thing to do Kathy.  It's a great way to spend your time, especially while in a doctor's waiting room.

I hope the visit was a checkup and that you're feeling better every day!

Thanks Mon
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks Kathy for sharing this wonderful idea!  I have to add that I got Thorsten to autograph a special copy of A Solid Wheel of Colored Ribbons for Walker - the little boy who played his son, Daniel, in PC & for whom the poem Daniel was about- & he wrote a very special something for him & I am sending it to him.  Thorsten thought it was a great idea, too, to share this amazing book with Walker.  TK was so amazing & we had a fabulous time in Marco Island!  This book was a huge hit the whole weekend! 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
What a great idea and I know he'll love it. Walker wasn't the first Danny but he's the only Danny as far as I 'm concerned. When Ian first recited that poem to Eve on PC before she gave birth to Danny, we hadn't learned that TK had written that poem -- it sounded so beautiful and timeless, we thought it must be from a traditional ballad. It's still one of my very favorites.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.