Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
In the last installment, Ian and Lucy discussed their love and how they felt that they would have found their way to each other no matter what else had happened in their lives.

This clip takes place during the same "soap day," but the angst meter is substantially higher. Kevin is doing his level best to interfere in Ian and Lucy's relationship and using Christina as a pawn to guilt Lucy into realizing what a "danger" that Ian is to the family.

Download: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=QlVqaXRPUzdrWTgwTVE9PQ

Online:

Even after all these years, Kevin can make my blood pressure rise. I don't think I've ever been as pissed over Ryan's interference as I was over Kevin and his revisionist versions of history... although their attitudes toward Lucy and Kendall are certainly similar. I guess the biggest difference, to me, is that Kevin was significantly more intelligent than Ryan has ever been -- but the crap he was given credit for always galled me.

From the time that Lucy and Kevin got married, Kevin was always given credit for returning Christina to her. But he DIDN'T -- he facilitated something that Christina's biological mother, Julie, was going to do. And if Kevin hadn't been around, she would have done it another way -- she'd already decided to return Christina. If anything, he prolonged the time that Lucy spent without her daughter by his interference. (Which always reminds me of how Ryan "saved" Erica in Vegas by making it possible for her to crawl back into a bottle for a few more weeks.) And Kevin's reference to Christina as a child he "shares" with Lucy is all kinds of wrong... Lucy and SCOTT adopted Christina, and as far as I'm concerned Kevin lost the opportunity to even be her step-father the day kidnapped Christina to get Lucy to leave Ian in Desire.

Anyway... now that I've got that off my chest... the scenes from this clip lead to another clip already on this site: When Darkness Comes. I will never understand why this scene (along with Immortality) did not win TK an Emmy. It was amazing, stellar work from a man who never gives anything but his best. I still find that clip very difficult to watch, as it hurts to watch Ian in so much pain.

http://www.thorstenkaye.com/tk_pc_sv.htm

After today's scene, Ian worked even harder with Chris to develop a serum to take away his immortality and to make it possible for him to live a life that was safe for Lucy, her daughter and his son. Only Ian took a significant overdose because he felt that he didn't have the luxury of time with Kevin constantly interfering and working to "fill Lucy's head with worries of the day when I finally snap!"

Can't you just imagine what TK could do with a part like Richard III or Iago in Othello or MacBeth after watching that clip? 

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
Mackenzie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Thanks for taking the sting out of a Zach-less day Cheri. 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Thanks for the clip and the background Cheri!  I'd love to see TK in any of those Shakespearean roles or Hamlet.  I hope he does theater again some day.

gwennie

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you, Cheri.  I love your new banner and avatar!

Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Thanks, Gwennie! I have precious few pics of my daughter and I together, and that was a wonderful day... the banner is a few other very special moments.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.