Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Rhaya

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everybody, my name is Rhaya and I found the site tonight in my search for Patrick/Marty fanfic. I stopped watching OLTL a long time ago because after they left it sorta seemed to go downhill from there and I got fed up lol. Started watching again recently now that Susan is back (yay!) but it's totally not the same without Patrick. I think his presence on the OLTL, as a poet and "simple guy", rather than a gun toting "lawman" or mob boss, as is typical of soap guys these days, lent a softness and a romantic quality to the show, that is sorely lacking these days in soaps in general. Even with the Men of 21 story, the character himself was uncomplicated and just made me want to hug him lol. I miss the days when soaps were about love stories, P&M were the last one I saw that really embodied romance every time they were onscreen together. Even in scenes that weren't especially romantic in nature, like the argument in the stable, lol.

I was pretty young when they were on screen so there is alot of details I admittedly don't remember. But even back then I was enthralled by these two whenever they lit up my screen.

I haven't seen any of TKs work on AMC or anywhere aside from OLTL because I only have time to watch one soap right now (busy mom of a disabled daughter, my time gets quickly eaten up, and my tv is on Spongebob more often than not . So right now I watch oltl for Marty since I'm alot more familiar with her and the show as a whole, as I haven't watched AMC in about ten years and I don't really like coming to a soap in the middle of a storyline and not knowing what's going on. Had to do that with Marty and it took 'forever'!  But I really cannot tolerate John McBain, I would love to see TK back as Patrick. But I'm not holding my breathe since TK seems to have carved quite a path for himself on AMC. Happy for him but sad for me rofl. He and Susan have been my absolute favorite soap actors since I was about 16 and my mom introduced me to soaps. First storyline was Martys "party days", and the frathouse rape and I loved the character from the start, and then, from the words "Pretend we're lovers" onward, I was enamored with Patrick Thornhart.  I wish there were 2 of TK so he could do both, lol. That way I could have my P&M fix again and you guys wouldn't lose your Zach lol.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Rhaya - Really enjoyed reading your message - Welcome to the board and you will like it here a lot - Kathy, Christy, and Gina are great and they spoil us a lot - Would be wonderful if we could have TK on both shows - TK and Susan are truly wonderful people and so devoted to each other and to the girls - Know it cannot be easy with working and tending to family but they really do it well and that is wonderful - Nice to talk to you and again I really enjoyed the message - Peggy

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Hi Rhaya,  to the board.  Our mods Kathy, Christy and Gina spoil us rotten. Look forward to posting with you.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome to the board!!  But I gotta tell ya . . . you have no idea what you are missing in Zach Slater.  Sure, Patrick was one of a kind . . . but so is Zach Slater.

I've searched and searched for Patrick and Marty fanfic, but I just can't seem to find any.

You should check out all the Patrick and Marty clips that this site provides.  I could spend HOURS watching them!!

June

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Patrick and Marty. Sigh.

The first fan fic I ever wrote was P&M fan fic. (Those stories are still the only fan fiction I've ever finished.) Back then I didn't even know it was called fan fiction.

Some back I posted a link to one of my P&M stories in the fan fic folder below. It's a bit early but if you're in the mood for an xmas story: Patrick's Wonderful Life.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Actually, reading that story was the very first thing I did when I joined last night! lol I made a beeline for the fanfic section as soon as I registered and hunted down the only 2 M+P fics I could find and read them. Both I managed to find were really good. That one made me smile, I could see it playing out in my head as I read lol.  I enjoyed it.
Crossing my fingers that 'The return of the Thornharts ' continues.
Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Welcome I never saw any of TK's Patrick but love the poet idea as you can tell from my name. I write too.
I discovered AMC because of TK and I Love Zach Slater...inside joke. It shows his skill as an actor to play two opposites like Zach and Patrick.
I will follow him where ever he goes.
Rhaya

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi there. Another writer I see. Dabble a bit myself, though my poems and stories are nothing up to par with anything on this site lol. I do write some poetry but it's drabble compared to most, and my stories mostly consist of GH fanfic (I'm a sucker for JnR lol) and short stories about random things. My dream since I was 16 is to write something publishable before I'm fifty but as I get closer to the age (31 now) I figure that probably isn't gonna happen so I mainly write for the pure joy of it these days. Patrick was a big inspiration to me way back when, just one reason I keep my fingers crossed we get him back on oltl someday.

I use to watch AMC quite a few years ago but haven't in a very long time, I'd been considering returning for TK but I haven't because I really get confused coming into a soap after so long and trying to figure out everything that's going on. I've been reading things though, which are confusing enough lol. Like Zach locking Kendall in some room or something o.o rofl, that was sorta enough to have me scratching my head.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

The more you get to know Kendall the more you will think that locking her up anywhere is a good idea - I just had to say that - How this woman can have Zach love her so much and not appreciate it is beyond me - Peggy

Rhaya

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
*giggles* She take after her mother? I always loved Erica but a small part of me always thought she needed locking up somewhere.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.