Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 

Aside from the fact that his distraught mother only has eyes for his injured big brother, his fate is being kept very hush-hush. Spike, on the other hand, is mentioned in upcoming previews. We know Spike survives (and, being Ryan's son, Spike will undoubtedly ultimately thrive and be romping with Ryan's other sturdy child Emma before long).  

But as I was watching the Kendall/Erica scenes today, they reminded me so much of the scenes where Kendall comforted a hospital-bed-bound Bianca over Miranda's "death." They felt like a parallel to those. Only this time it's Kendall who is grieving, grieving over a child who isn't projected to die. But what about, as Kendall so starkly put it in a kind of d'oh!!! moment, "My other son"?

This new little one (who was supposed to be born in November...so I don't believe anything else I've been told about his future), who doesn't even weigh two pounds and has a hole in his heart -- he's Zach's son too. (Need I say more? Remember what happened to Zach's last son?)

Already the new baby is being treated as if he's more Zach's than Kendall's. Kendall's not emotionally engaged with him as she is with Spike. Is that because he isn't long for this world, so this distance between him and Kendall is meant to insulate her from his loss -- and/or insert itself between Kendall and Zach over his loss, if she, with one surviving son, doesn't grieve him the way Zach will?

I just don't like the feeling I'm getting from all this. I don't like it at all.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I don't like the feelings I am getting either, Kathy.  God how I wish Zach had someone w/ him today, but then again, he probably prefers to be alone so he can grieve.

No, I have never walked this walk (thank God and God bless people who have), but I can think that Kendall is being insensitive to her husband and new baby and wish for more from her. 

June
jaye4kaye

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Kathy, it's been suggested that Kendall is probably going through PPD. That's a distinct possibility. She clearly has not bonded with this baby. Which is an interesting twist, since she didn't initially want Spike and didn't *feel* anything for him in utero,(and now he's the sun, moon and stars) but she wanted Ian more than anything, and was happy as a lark with this pregnancy,( and now he's transparent). But, because I am more concerned about Ian and his welfare, I don't really care about what Kendall may or may not be going through.

"Is that because he isn't long for this world, so this distance between him and Kendall is meant to insulate her from his loss -- and/or insert itself between Kendall and Zach over his loss, if she, with one surviving son, doesn't grieve him the way Zach will?"
Yep.....I see either scenario playing here. This is where the blame game comes into play. Who's to blame for the loss of the child and more important the perception of who loved the child more, who was the more attentive.

"I just don't like the feeling I'm getting from all this. I don't like it at all."
I know what you mean. But,this is a scenario that TK mentioned once in an interview, so.......however, there are many upcoming predicaments, that can occur with Ian to keep the Zendall tension *alive* without his demise (vampires and clones aside).
If I were an optimistic bi__, I would say November is significant for a couple of reasons:
1) It's ratings month
2) It's Ian's birth month (usually premie are discharged on their
    original birth date, give or take)
3) It's Thanksgiving

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 

Jaye, where has it been suggested that Kendall is going through PPD? I haven't seen that mentioned in any of the previews.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Jaye, where has it been suggested that Kendall is going through PPD? I haven't seen that mentioned in any of the previews.

I believe many of us were suggesting PPD.  It's on the other "worried" post.  No previews.   But didn't Joe mention it today while talking with Erika?

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Sorry Kathy, I should have been clearer.

There have been no official spoiler and/or previews announcing this dx. The essence instead was suggested as I read some interesting replies in the previous post (I'm a little worried..pg3), where the discussion speculated on the perceived condition.
Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I am afraid I must agree with you on this one Kathy.  Rarely are the spoilers as tight lipped as they have been about this baby.  I seem to recall them this way regarding Ethan.  We weren't given much indication as to his fate except in a TK interview where he said 'when a man says I love you to another man you know one is dying'.

The real world odds are not good for a baby this early (yes I know AMC is not real world).  Even if he did survive the chances are even smaller he will not have life long problems. 

Several years ago my niece had a baby boy at 25 weeks.  Precious Jake lived for three weeks before dying in his mother's arms. They were forced to disconnected him from life support after suffering a bleed in his brain.  Shockingly it took this tiny little boy over 4 hours to slip away.

I too had a baby at 24 weeks which did not survive due to the blessing/curse of not feeling labor pains until it is too late.  Fortunately both my niece and I went on to have lovely daughters.  Mine at 32 weeks but healthy and home long before her due date.

Past experience has jaded me to not be hopeful in this situation.  Add on the fact that this child belongs to Zach and the odds are truly stacked against him.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachstruck
Quote:

I believe many of us were suggesting PPD.  It's on the other "worried" post.  No previews.   But didn't Joe mention it today while talking with Erika?

While PPD can happen any time during the postpartum period, it generally takes more than 12 hours to set in.  And it's usually days to weeks after delivery.  If this is supposed to be PPD then the writers didn't do their homework. 

I'm worried about baby Slater, too.  Because Kendall isn't giving him the basic mother-love he needs.... and without that, I fear for his life.  And if he dies, I shudder to think of the dark places in his soul that Zach will rediscover.

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Kathy, I understand your concern, and believe me, I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling yet either.  But, I think the baby will survive because he's meant to be with Zach and Kendall, and especially because Zach is meant to have a son (OK I know that's the eternal optimist talking with no facts to back it up).  Plus, I don't think the new writers want their first story to be about a baby dying (we've had enough death and murder the last few years), and a story about a baby overcoming all the odds is a much better hook for the audience. 

Not to rehash what's already been posted on other threads, but I think Kendall is focusing on Spike right now because she is consumed by guilt over leaving Spike with Greenlee.  She is not emotionally ready to deal the guilt she feels over the premature birth, what might happen to the baby, and what it might do to Zach and their relationship if the baby doesn't survive.

I'm hoping the story that plays out over the next few months will be about the baby's recovery despite the odds, Zach's relationship with his son, and Zach pulling Kendall out of her guilt and depression.  I agree with your prediction that all of the stress over Spike and the baby and Kendall's distance from the baby will take it's toll on Zach and Kendall's relationship.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye4kaye
Sorry Kathy, I should have been clearer.

There have been no official spoiler and/or previews announcing this dx. The essence instead was suggested as I read some interesting replies in the previous post (I'm a little worried..pg3), where the discussion speculated on the perceived condition.

OK, thanks! I didn't know if I had missed something.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
I am afraid I must agree with you on this one Kathy.  Rarely are the spoilers as tight lipped as they have been about this baby.  I seem to recall them this way regarding Ethan.  We weren't given much indication as to his fate except in a TK interview where he said 'when a man says I love you to another man you know one is dying'.

The real world odds are not good for a baby this early (yes I know AMC is not real world).  Even if he did survive the chances are even smaller he will not have life long problems. 

Several years ago my niece had a baby boy at 25 weeks.  Precious Jake lived for three weeks before dying in his mother's arms. They were forced to disconnected him from life support after suffering a bleed in his brain.  Shockingly it took this tiny little boy over 4 hours to slip away.

I too had a baby at 24 weeks which did not survive due to the blessing/curse of not feeling labor pains until it is too late.  Fortunately both my niece and I went on to have lovely daughters.  Mine at 32 weeks but healthy and home long before her due date.

Past experience has jaded me to not be hopeful in this situation.  Add on the fact that this child belongs to Zach and the odds are truly stacked against him.

How heartbreaking for you and your niece, Jan   ...there are no words. I'm glad you both then had daughters, though.

I can relate to preemies a bit...Christy and I were born at the beginning of our mother's seventh month (our friends joke it was because we were fighting so hard with each other). Things were so different then -- we were in incubators for awhile and our mother was prevented from seeing us for the first three days.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpenny
Kathy, I understand your concern, and believe me, I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling yet either.  But, I think the baby will survive because he's meant to be with Zach and Kendall, and especially because Zach is meant to have a son (OK I know that's the eternal optimist talking with no facts to back it up).  Plus, I don't think the new writers want their first story to be about a baby dying (we've had enough death and murder the last few years), and a story about a baby overcoming all the odds is a much better hook for the audience. 

Not to rehash what's already been posted on other threads, but I think Kendall is focusing on Spike right now because she is consumed by guilt over leaving Spike with Greenlee.  She is not emotionally ready to deal the guilt she feels over the premature birth, what might happen to the baby, and what it might do to Zach and their relationship if the baby doesn't survive.

I'm hoping the story that plays out over the next few months will be about the baby's recovery despite the odds, Zach's relationship with his son, and Zach pulling Kendall out of her guilt and depression.  I agree with your prediction that all of the stress over Spike and the baby and Kendall's distance from the baby will take it's toll on Zach and Kendall's relationship.

You know what, though...Zach's going through hell too. What about his guilt and depression? Zach felt compelled to tell Kendall that Greenlee kidnpapped Spike when Kendall demanded to know where he was, because she didn't buy the story Erica told about Spike having the sniffles. Zach knew Kendall wouldn't accept anything from him but the truth and he had to give it to her. Talk about a no-win situation. The truth made her so hysterical she went into labor.

That's got to be tearing Zach apart as he looks at his tiny son -- as does his trip to NYC that took him away from Kendall and Spike in the first place. And now his and Kendall's son might die. He's Zach...he does guilt! Kendall is hardly alone in her emotional turmoil and despair. But who is there to comfort Zach? Who is there for him? Nobody, even Myrtle is sick, but when you're in as much despair as Zach is, words even from your dearest friend are not of much comfort. Yet he's trying to hold everything together for Kendall and the baby, as if he is whole -- when he's falling apart himself. That's what he always does -- what he always has to do -- and I was really hoping for a new dynamic, but I'm not holding my breath.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks Kathy.  As Gina said that which does not kill us makes us stronger

It's good to know you two got your fighting out of the way in utero.  You seem to get along great now.  Thank goodness.  Where would we be without this great team?

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
Thanks Kathy. As Gina said that which does not kill us makes us stronger

It's good to know you two got your fighting out of the way in utero. You seem to get along great now. Thank goodness. Where would we be without this great team?

Jan, we still fight all the time (g). But it's not like fighting to us cause we're so used to it. TK even imitated us once (for all the good it did!).

Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy

Jan, we still fight all the time (g). But it's not like fighting to us cause we're so used to it. TK even imitated us once (for all the good it did!).

Now that is something I would have loved to see.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:
You know what, though...Zach's going through hell too. What about his guilt and depression? Zach felt compelled to tell Kendall that Greenlee kidnpapped Spike when Kendall demanded to know where he was, because she didn't buy the story Erica told about Spike having the sniffles. Zach knew Kendall wouldn't accept anything from him but the truth and he had to give it to her. Talk about a no-win situation. The truth made her so hysterical she went into labor.

That's got to be tearing Zach apart as he looks at his tiny son -- as does his trip to NYC that took him away from Kendall and Spike in the first place. And now his and Kendall's son might die. He's Zach...he does guilt! Kendall is hardly alone in her emotional turmoil and despair. But who is there to comfort Zach? Who is there for him? Nobody, even Myrtle is sick, but when you're in as much despair as Zach is, words even from your dearest friend are not of much comfort. Yet he's trying to hold everything together for Kendall and the baby, as if he is whole -- when he's falling apart himself. That's what he always does -- what he always has to do -- and I was really hoping for a new dynamic, but I'm not holding my breath.

Great thoughts as usual Kathy.  I did not mean to say Zach would not feel any guilt or depression.  I was only trying to address your concern over the reason for Kendall's distance from the baby. 

And you are so right that Zach does guilt!  He will need something or someone to pick up his spirits, maybe it will be Kendall, maybe it will be Myrtle, or maybe it will be the baby himself as he makes miraculous strides. 

One problem is the last writing team painted Zach into a corner where he really only has Kendall and Myrtle to confide in and comfort him.  Maybe the new writers will let Zach develop relationships with a few more characters (we got a little of that with Josh and maybe even Erica yesterday).  I think a big opportunity was missed during the SS SL to give Zach a family member (long lost brother, sister, or even Amelia ... we can only wish I'm sure).  Not sure if that would give the new dynamic you're looking for or if you mean something else.
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Quote:

Already the new baby is being treated as if he's more Zach's than Kendall's. Kendall's not emotionally engaged with him as she is with Spike. Is that because he isn't long for this world, so this distance between him and Kendall is meant to insulate her from his loss -- and/or insert itself between Kendall and Zach over his loss, if she, with one surviving son, doesn't grieve him the way Zach will?

I just don't like the feeling I'm getting from all this. I don't like it at all.

I've been getting the same feelings, Kathy.

I keep remembering that we have only one long-term spoiler out there for mid-August. Something happens to cause a phone call from Bianca to Kendall to be seen ON-screen instead of being referred to as happening OFF-screen as was mentioned today and several times in the last week. Considering the gravity of the current situation... what finally brings Bianca on-screen must be HUGE.

We already know that Ian has heart surgery this week and survives the actual surgery, and we know that Spike's deafness is going to become apparent by the end of this week. But next week's spoilers are focused on the the extent of Spike's deafness and the fallout to Greenlee... NOTHING about Ian.

Then, in two weeks... a full week AFTER Spike's diagnosis... Bianca appears ON-screen telephoning Kendall from Paris on August 14. According to TVGuide Online:

Watch for Bianca to make an important long-distance call to big sister Kendall (Alicia Minshew) from Paris, where she resides with her toddler daughter, Miranda. I rang up AMC's new head writers, Barbara J. Esensten and James Harmon Brown, to grill them about it.

"We wrote her into the show, crossing our fingers that we could get her back," Esensten told TVGuide.com. "Something is happening on the show that's so important that we had to. She was kind enough to come back because the story really is important enough."

Between the lack of ANY spoilers about Ian, the isolation of Zach and Ian that we saw today, and considering the time lag between Spike's diagnosis as deaf and Bianca's call... it sounds to me like Bianca is giving the same comfort to Kendall over the loss of her child as Kendall gave to Bianca when they believed that Miranda had died. The rest of the interview continues by discussing the far-reaching implications of the story that has been put into place, and how it "interweaves everybody on canvas" and "there will be a domino effect that affects their lives" which also sounds pretty ominous for the baby... but the most damning evidence of all is that these are the same writers who tortured TK's last character (named Ian, of course) unremittingly for three solid years. 

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
After yesterday's show, I saw Kendall as being in a state of shock or disbelief where the baby is concerned and I think Joe's discussion with Erica confirmed this.  It's like after you're in a bad car accident and your body shuts down because it cannot believe what's happened.  She wasn't prepared to have this baby yet and I think in her head it's all unreal.  I've been where she's at.  I lost my husband suddenly and unexpectedly and I walked through a fog for weeks because you just can't believe this has happened, it's unreal.  I can very well see this happening to her.

As for Zach, he is the glue that holds everything together and I too believe that it's killing him that he can't help his family.  I also would have liked to see Josh with him yesterday instead of bringing Greenlee home but I also think we would have NOT seen Zach break down like he did with Josh.  I am hoping that someone is with him today.  I also feel this is very realistic in that after a woman has had an emergency delivery like this the man is the one who has to handle the burden because most woman are depressed and can't face what's happened.  My friends delivered early like this and most of the burden was on the husband because his wife could not deal with any of it.

I think these writers are showing a realistic story here.  I too would love TK on my scene the whole hour but I know that's not going to happen (I am hoping for a night story next year all about Zendall).  I think Spike's story is the one that affects everyone on the canvas because of Greenlee's actions and remember after Spike was born we didn't see that much of him except for occasional visits because he had to grow and there really wasn't that much else to do but wait.  I don't think they are going to have the baby die and I think they've given us those little hints in the last few articles we've seen.  I also think that would be instant death for the new head writers.  I think I've been seeing some amazing shows last week and this week and some amazing acting and I'm being optimistic and hoping for more.  JMO
RFoxS

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
OMG, I am so glad that this thread was started.  ITA with everyone.  Although, yesterday's episode was brilliant, I was so upset with Kendall.  She seems to be obsessed with Spike.  Naturally so, she is his mother.  However, what about baby Ian? I was disappointed that we didn't get a scene showing TK talking to his son before they wheeled him off to surgery. 

I was upset that Kendall barely shed any tears when she was brought into the neo ICU.  Shocked... she did look. Also distraught.  I am a nurse and work in Neo Natal.   Let's not go there~  Alot of unrealisitics~ from the labor to the delivery to the baby's care in ICU.   THe chances of survival here are very slim!

The previews for today show Zach finding Kendall with Spike to tell her the news of the baby. IMO, he looks a little miffed! 
NewTKfan2

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
I haven't posted here in a very long time but I just wanted to say that I agree with toasty2's post.  I think they are playing this very realistically.  I, too, am concerned by the lack of spoilers for Ian and the fact that Bianca calls Kendall but I hope that ER loves the show enough that if they were going to have the baby die, she would be there for the funeral or in person for support for Kendall...of course, that is just speculation on my part.
Also, I think that Kendall knows that Ian has ZACH.  Zach is her supreme protector, she trusts him with everything she is. Spike has RYASS-ugh!  She probably feels like Spike needs her because she doesn't trust RYASS the way she does Zach. 
What I am disappointed about is that we have seen Zach have more bonding moments with Spike all through the year and they haven't had a scene with just Zach and Spike.  I know that Ian is his son but he fought for Spike and has had a year-long relationship with Spike and the writers haven't given us a moment with Zach talking to Spike like he did when Spike was born.  I know that the baby hears them and knows they are there but Spike, I would think, would be comforted by Zach's voice more than anyone elses because there were so many times in the last year that we saw Zike together in those warm, fuzzy moments. I know his voice would comfort me!!!
NewTKfan2

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 

I probably should have said that Spike would be comforted by Zach being there since spoilers say that Spike has hearing loss, he couldn't really be comforted by his voice but he could still feel him being there and I think it would be great if they would continue to show this loving bond between them.

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #22 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan

My heart goes out to you and your niece... I can't imagine how horrific it would be to lose a child.  And congratulations that you both filled your empty arms after your tragedies.

Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Thanks Gina.  It is amazing how our minds compartmentalizes these sad events but then story lines like this bring them right back to the forefront.  I'm sure you go months without thinking about your difficult time with Geoff, though in your profession are reminded more frequently than I am.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that things happen the way they are supposed to and we grew from these events.  I cannot imagine being an happier than I am right now in my life.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2
After yesterday's show, I saw Kendall as being in a state of shock or disbelief where the baby is concerned and I think Joe's discussion with Erica confirmed this. It's like after you're in a bad car accident and your body shuts down because it cannot believe what's happened. She wasn't prepared to have this baby yet and I think in her head it's all unreal. I've been where she's at. I lost my husband suddenly and unexpectedly and I walked through a fog for weeks because you just can't believe this has happened, it's unreal. I can very well see this happening to her.

As for Zach, he is the glue that holds everything together and I too believe that it's killing him that he can't help his family. I also would have liked to see Josh with him yesterday instead of bringing Greenlee home but I also think we would have NOT seen Zach break down like he did with Josh. I am hoping that someone is with him today. I also feel this is very realistic in that after a woman has had an emergency delivery like this the man is the one who has to handle the burden because most woman are depressed and can't face what's happened. My friends delivered early like this and most of the burden was on the husband because his wife could not deal with any of it.

I think these writers are showing a realistic story here. I too would love TK on my scene the whole hour but I know that's not going to happen (I am hoping for a night story next year all about Zendall). I think Spike's story is the one that affects everyone on the canvas because of Greenlee's actions and remember after Spike was born we didn't see that much of him except for occasional visits because he had to grow and there really wasn't that much else to do but wait. I don't think they are going to have the baby die and I think they've given us those little hints in the last few articles we've seen. I also think that would be instant death for the new head writers. I think I've been seeing some amazing shows last week and this week and some amazing acting and I'm being optimistic and hoping for more. JMO

Toasty2, I'm so sorry your lost your husband. Real life is suckier than than anything. We all filter our viewing through our real life experiences.

But because on AMC I've seen what went before and how certain characters are always propped at the expense of others, while I think Kendall's grief may be realistic and gutwrenching - I can't watch it without one part of my brain going if Kendall can only love one kid, why is it Ryan's kid? If she feels such guilt. or PPD, or PTSD or whatever, that she can't even bond with the new baby, why doesn't that guilt extend to her kid with Ryan, too? Oh yeah - because it's RYAN'S kid! And Greenlee is part and parcel of that because she wants Ryan.

My heart sank last winter when I found out Kendall was pregnant again so soon. I just knew Zach's child would be slighted, and so far he has been IMO. He's taken a back seat to Spike and if he survives, he always will take a back seat to Spike. (ETA:  Don't get me wrong!  I love Spike!)  That just pisses me off. Everything is so heavily weighted in Ryan's favor on this show. It was such a joke when he said he wasn't a hero. Yeah, when every single fucking character on the show starts treating you like the devil, get back to me, Ryan!!

Anyway, I know the new writers of old. And I would never believe anything that comes out of their mouths where storyline is concerned. In fact, I feel the same way about Brian Frons and TPTB at ABC Daytime as I do about the Bush administration - the only time they're not lying to us about something is when their lips aren't moving. (Feel free to substitute any administration of your choice if you're a Bush fan - same difference AFAIC.)

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

I'm really not worried about the baby not being with us long.  My take is this...

B&E have stated this in their SOD online interview:

Weekly: So fans can expect a somewhat lighter show?
Brown: Very much lighter. But juxtaposed with very real circumstances. One of the things we hate to see on shows is when tragic things happen and there are no consequences. We believe that if you keep doing that, the audience is going to stop believing that anything bad can happen [because] it'll all be fixed next week.

To me, the real longterm consequence of Greenlee's actions, is Spike's deafness.  Dealing with a newly deaf child and a preemie is dark even for soap standards.  Dealing with a newly deaf child and a death of a baby who already has been through so much and affected the viewers so much...unthinkable IMO; not when they are trying to make AMC not as glum as in the recent past.  If one crisis [either/or Spike or Ian] would have happened, I could see them going there for angst.  Two however is OVERkill IMO and too much darkness for a show that's trying to gain some ground after years of mediocrity and bring viewers in.   There's also the Greenlee factor and how much they want her to have to dig herself out from.  I think Greenlee already has a monumental if not impossible task ahead for what she did cause.  She is already responsible for kidnapping, Spike's longterm prognosis and Ian's very premature birth.  Erica has stated more than once that Greenlee IS responsble for Ian's condition as well...not just Spike's, so the writers are definitely connecting both kid's crisis' to Greenlee.  I can't see the writers putting a "dead" baby on Greenlee's shoulders aside from her having maimed an innocent baby for possibly life.  Now that Thorsten has recommitted to AMC when he signed a new contract, I also can't fathom them killing off his second son.  I think B&E are going to do a better job of attaching Zach to more of the canvas.  His baby gives him a permanent link [whether Z/K are together or not] to the Kanes. 

I'm not worried about the lack of spoilers either.  As of next week, the focus is shifting to what they discover about Spike.  There have been no released spoilers for past the week of August 13th.  I'm taking the no news on Ian as good news.  If something as bad as his death happened, it would have been leaked and ABC Medianet would have already given us page after page of gory details to tear our hearts out.  Bad news travels alot faster than good news IMO.  If the unthinkable happened, there is also no way IMO that Bianca's visit would be for one day or via the telephone.  

I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm right...I'm just sharing how I'm perceiving things.   In this case, more than ever before, I hope I'm right.   

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

I'm really not worried about the baby not being with us long.  My take is this...

B&E have stated this in their SOD online interview:

Weekly: So fans can expect a somewhat lighter show?
Brown: Very much lighter. But juxtaposed with very real circumstances. One of the things we hate to see on shows is when tragic things happen and there are no consequences. We believe that if you keep doing that, the audience is going to stop believing that anything bad can happen [because] it'll all be fixed next week.

To me, the real longterm consequence of Greenlee's actions, is Spike's deafness.  Dealing with a newly deaf child and a preemie is dark even for soap standards.  Dealing with a newly deaf child and a death of a baby who already has been through so much and affected the viewers so much...unthinkable IMO; not when they are trying to make AMC not as glum as in the recent past.  If one crisis [either/or Spike or Ian] would have happened, I could see them going there for angst.  Two however is OVERkill IMO and too much darkness for a show that's trying to gain some ground after years of mediocrity and bring viewers in.   There's also the Greenlee factor and how much they want her to have to dig herself out from.  I think Greenlee already has a monumental if not impossible task ahead for what she did cause.  She is already responsible for kidnapping, Spike's longterm prognosis and Ian's very premature birth.  Erica has stated more than once that Greenlee IS responsble for Ian's condition as well...not just Spike's, so the writers are definitely connecting both kid's crisis' to Greenlee.  I can't see the writers putting a "dead" baby on Greenlee's shoulders aside from her having maimed an innocent baby for possibly life.  Now that Thorsten has recommitted to AMC when he signed a new contract, I also can't fathom them killing off his second son.  I think B&E are going to do a better job of attaching Zach to more of the canvas.  His baby gives him a permanent link [whether Z/K are together or not] to the Kanes. 

I'm not worried about the lack of spoilers either.  As of next week, the focus is shifting to what they discover about Spike.  There have been no released spoilers for past the week of August 13th.  I'm taking the no news on Ian as good news.  If something as bad as his death happened, it would have been leaked and ABC Medianet would have already given us page after page of gory details to tear our hearts out.  Bad news travels alot faster than good news IMO.  If the unthinkable happened, there is also no way IMO that Bianca's visit would be for one day or via the telephone.  

I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm right...I'm just sharing how I'm perceiving things.   In this case, more than ever before, I hope I'm right.   

Great post Alina!  I think little Ian will be fine!  I don't think that Bianca would just telephone her sister if her newborn baby died.  That would definitely call for a trip back home.

Thanks Fil!
zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
OK......SIDEBAR

I'm reading all these posts during my morning coffee and it dawns on me that Kathy and Christy are sisters and twins to boot. OK, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

God, I remember seeing pictures of the both of you from the signing and made mention of the resemblance.  It never occurred to me.  DUH!!! 

OK..........moving right along and onward with this original thread. 

Good-bye.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

Whether Ian survives or not he is already being treated like the second best and seeing Kendall ignore him as he fights for his life is the most heartbreaking thing of all. Zach IS ALWAYS ALONE....ALWAYS and it tears me apart to see him bear so much pain by himself. Kendall will always put Spike, Ryan's son, above all else because that's the way TPTB see it. Personally if Thorsten wasn't on this show I would tune out just because I dislike Ryan so much....the undeserved star of this show.

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly

Whether Ian survives or not he is already being treated like the second best and seeing Kendall ignore him as he fights for his life is the most heartbreaking thing of all. Zach IS ALWAYS ALONE....ALWAYS and it tears me apart to see him bear so much pain by himself. Kendall will always put Spike, Ryan's son, above all else because that's the way TPTB see it. Personally if Thorsten wasn't on this show I would tune out just because I dislike Ryan so much....the undeserved star of this show.

Yup...

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:

Personally if Thorsten wasn't on this show I would tune out just because I dislike Ryan so much....the undeserved star of this show.

Simply because TIIC have a warped sense of right and wrong!  Same goes for Jonboy/Greens/Kwak.  TIIC think the only thing to show on soaps is, have people commit unspeakably horrible crimes, find justifications for such crimes, TRY to create sympathy for these characters (something they fail miserably at, every single time they try!), and shove them down our throats.  Ain't working.  And no matter how hard the new writers work to give us good stories, esp. for Zach, it is also up to the dialog writers, the editors, and the directing team to do justice to that story when we see the final product.

I too, am only hanging on because of the magnificent work of the Mahn!

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Great post Alina.  I agree with you on the "redemption" of Greenlee and the too much darkness angles. 

We are 3 days into a 3 month SL, and I don't see the writers killing the baby now when they can give us 3 months of wondering what will happen next with a joyous family reunion in November just in time for Thanksgiving when the baby goes home.  The lack of spoilers doesn't surprise me either.  The writers have us guessing (and watching), so why spoon feed it to us. 
susa

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #32 
I too am concerned about the baby and it really is so painful to watch Zach go through this story line alone - although I did love his scene w/ Annie - When Annie said you will get time with your son and he answered "yeah, we'll see". I found that understated "yeah, we'll see" so painful to watch.
I may be totally wrong but i don't see how the writers can let the baby die if Kendall hasn't bonded with him. If the child dies at this point after her matter of fact "did he make it?" - how would a marriage ever recover from that? Don't the last spoilers imply that Bianca is the first one to point out to K that she is ignoring Ian. Maybe Ian eventually won't make it but I can't see that happening until after K deals with her feelings towards him.
brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachstruck
OK......SIDEBAR

I'm reading all these posts during my morning coffee and it dawns on me that Kathy and Christy are sisters and twins to boot. OK, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

God, I remember seeing pictures of the both of you from the signing and made mention of the resemblance.  It never occurred to me.  DUH!!! 

OK..........moving right along and onward with this original thread. 

Good-bye.

I'm right there with ya Zachstruck.  I didn't realize it until I read this thread either. 
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:

Kelly, these are my exact feelings.  Every last word.  And it looked to me like Zach was not one bit happy to see Kendall w/ Spike and Ryan's arm around her.  I know Zach understands that she needs to be w/ Spike too, but not w/ Ryan's arm around her, comforting her.  It should be Zach and Kendall visiting both children and comforting each other.  Zach sees that, but Kendall does not.

The point I agree with you most is that if TK were not on AMC, I would not be watching.  And yes, Ryan is most definitely the undeserved star of the show.  June
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.