Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Here's a head's up that your order is now on its way to you.

Even though several of the poems are here on the site (in text, audio, and video -- if you haven't see them yet, check out the latest updates on the home page), we can't wait until you can finally read all of Thorsten's incredible new poems (so perfectly complemented by Tami's awesome illustrations) in this beautiful book.

Site Meter

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Thank you so much Kathy, will be looking for my book.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much Kathy and yes, I received an email indicating they are on the way and I can't wait.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks, Kathy!
I've been away for 2 weeks and it was great to see that email waiting for me!  Can't wait!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Thank you very much, Kathy.  And what a great timing, too. One of the copies I ordered, is for my lil' nephew.  They are coming to visit me next week. I can't wait to read it to him.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Kathy, I didn't get any email, but I did order 3 copies, so let me know if I need to do anything.  I can't wait to get these for my grandsons.

Sharon
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Sharon, you don't need to do anything. If for some reason the recipient's email confirmation didn't reach you as it should have, we did receive the sender's confirmation email that your order is on its way to you and I've sent you the tracking number.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks Kathy.  I just got your pm about it & I had checked my Paypal account earlier & saw it was on it's way-  eeeee!  Can't wait! 

Sharon
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Thanks Kathy!  Can't wait to get it!

Thanks Fil!
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Not here yet - but glad to know its on the way  Can't wait!!!

Ande
theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I received my copies and did not put mine down until I read all of the poems.  Thanks for including one of my favorites "Daniel" in the book.  I think I already have a few new favorites in this one..."Home Game" brings in my 2 most loved places, "Why Mom" I can still here Thorsten reciting it, and "Rung" makes me teary eyed all over again.  The Forward and Dedication - perfect!  Tami's illustrations were spot on.  Can you tell I really love this book? 

I can't wait to give Nic her copy, it's part of her birthday present next month (she loves to read and already has a signed copy of "Breakfast" from 2 years ago, LOL)

Thank you all again for sharing your time and talent with the rest of us!

Thanks Mon
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

I received my 3 copies today as well & wow, I am so impressed!  They are so tastefully done & beautiful- Tami's illustrations are perfect & I love all of the poems!  I am blown away by these & my grandsons will love them as much as "Mimi".  I love them all- Rung has a very special place in my heart because my late beloved Brother was a firefighter.  I am also delighted to see "Daniel" included & it is just one of my all-time favorites- so beautiful & amazing.  I've read them all & can't wait to read them to my grandsons.  Bravo Thorsten! 

Sharon
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Eeeeeee! I just went out to check the mail and my book was there! Lexy is at the mall with friends so I get to read it first without interruption and her eager little hands trying to pry the book away from me! hahaha

Thanks Fil!
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Hi, The mailman came to the door with mine, I knew what it was straight away. Haven't read it yet, will wait until tonight when I get into bed.

Take care and thank you ladies.
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I received my book too...It is lovely girls you all did a great job.

Thanks

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I received my two books as well today.   I've read the entire book now twice, what a talent to both Thorsten and Tami with the illustrations.    I love the poem, Jungle Tales (which reminds me of McKenna and Marlow) along with the "Why Mom" and can just remember Thorsten reading this one at the signing.

Thank you for your talents along with thank you to Kathy, Christy and Gina.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
I brought mine to work with me tonight!  They just came today and what a wonderful book, I'm totally in love with it.  I can't wait to give my nieces the copies I bought for their children (2 boys and a girl between them). 

Kathy, Christy, and Gina, you are to be congratulated on the publication of this incredible book, you did a wonderful job in every aspect.  You did Thorsten and Tami proud!  I like the poem that the title is taken from too, I had never read or heard it before. 

Much love to Thorsten and Tami for this show of love to children everywhere, and to the child in all of us.

K

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #18 
Thanks for letting us know your books arrived safely, ladies.  

I love this book so much I want to sleep with it!!!!

Every poem has something about it that gets to me.  I've always loved the way Thorsten uses words, and the combination of poignant, thoughtful, witty and clever poetry with the perfectly complementing drawings by Tami is so satisfying to read and look at.  It was such an honor to be part of publishing this book.

I would like to know what everyone's favorites poems are, if you can choose a favorite.  I have such a soft spot for Old Friends. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think a pair of shoes would bring tears to my eyes.

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy

I would like to know what everyone's favorites poems are, if you can choose a favorite. 

If I had to choose, I think it would be Departures.  I lost my Dad last year and there are many times that certain smells or words or even watching a ball game will make me wonder if he is enjoying all these things along with me. 

But then there are the others I mentioned like "Daniel",  "Home Game", "Why Mom", "Rung",  "Breakfast"...well you get the idea.

Thanks Mon
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
I received my books today, as well!!  Simply beautiful and classy...much like the author.  I absolutely love all the poems, but if I had to choose just one, "Rung" is near and dear to my heart, as my husband, Brian, and our son, Tim are both firefighters.  Brian attended many FDNY funerals after 9/11 and spent a lot of time there with many other out-of-town firefighters, helping in the aftermath of that horrible tragedy.  Thorsten's words and Tami's illustration really hit home for me.  A beautiful reminder of a very sad moment in our nation's history.

Thank you Thorsten and Tami for sharing your talent with us.
Kathy, Christy, and Gina...you've outdone yourselves this time...thank you.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
I also recieved my copy yesterday...  Love it!  Thank you Thorsten, Kathy, Christy, Gina and Tami.  You have all made a difference in so many lives.

Food Groups made me chuckle, I love the lines

"Beware of things green
Hidden next to you dinner,
Salad and parsley
Are for moms to stay thinner."
SOOOO TRUE and this is now my new mantra

Love Jungle Tales, The Other Side, and of course Daniel

Kim

Salad and parsley, are for moms to stay thinner...Thorsten Kaye

LOVE LIFE...Tami Evans Foster

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened" author unknown
jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 

What exceptional timing!  I have my nephew’s children (almost 7 year old (going on 28) Samantha and just turned 4 Sawyer) for the weekend. 

The priority package came, but with preparing dinner first on the list after returning from a shopping marathon - and thinking it was something from my sister in Costa Rica – I left it with other mail stacked on top and set everything aside. 

With children tucked in and deciding on what bedtime stories would be read, I opened my mail and to my delight – the package was Thorsten’s book.  Decision made!!!!  Everyone out of bed and with little warm bodies curled up beside me on each side – we began.

I do not have the words to describe how magical and brilliant I think this book is – perhaps, with just saying the Samantha and Sawyer had me read the entire book THREE times through – and some poems more than once during each time will give a general “critique” of Thorsten’s endeavors to write for children.  A fourth reading was requested, but I was beginning to develop a Lauren Bacall voice and it was nearly 11 PM!!!!! 

Samantha put the book beside her bed so I know we may be having “Breakfast” with the leathery lizard.” 

I must also give a shout out to Tami and the others who contributed to the “look” of the book.  It is truly lovely. 

And now – to you three!!!!  I’m just going to put everything in this one post.  You’ve have had some magnificent ups and some truly life-threatening downs (with a few “middles”  in there) during these last several months. 

We who “know” Thorsten recognize he is a class act when it comes to his talents - whether it is acting or writing and how that talent is conveyed to his audience.  Kathy, Christy, and Gina - you have been devoted constants in your first-class, five-star involvement for/with Thorsten regarding his website, Daymer Gardens, the CD, and now “Ribbons.”  Please take a bow in the direction of Seattle – you KNOW - I’m applauding. 

TKforMe

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Received my package yesterday and couldn't wait to open it!  Ordered one for myself and one for my aunt as a gift (she'll be visiting this coming weekend for a wedding, I can hear her squealing now).  I have no children but upon opening I had my mom and dad (76 and 77) sit while I read to them.  They loved it!  Having read my copy two or three times now, I still have a hard time choosing my favorite but think that Daniel, Food Groups and Why Mom are in the top running.  Departures really hits home too. 

Thanks TK for sharing your heart with us.

Jackie
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

My books arrived too!! and I just sat right down and read it - and read it - and once again!! So far they are all my Favorites!! I just will make a choice next time around!!! enjoy

Ande
kensgal22

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Hi Everyone,

I'm a writer, too.  I prepared the following book review upon reading the
book from cover to cover this evening, expressing what you see written
below.  Thanks for reading! 

A SOLID WHEEL OF COLORED RIBBONS

BOOK REVIEW

BY

LOIS A. TROUTMAN

THORSTEN KAYE has spun the wheel of colored ribbons to the delight of those who have been fortunate enough to partake of the words he crafted into A SOLID WHEEL OF COLORED RIBBONS. 

Each poem eloquently delivers a childlike fantasy that KAYE so ably brought to life in the pages of the book.  Our own imaginations were taken on a trip throughout the book.  The poems were joined by the ribbons of thoughts that KAYE, in his own vivid imagination, allowed us to explore those childlike images that could have happened in our own childhoods. 

The illustrations in the book by Tami Evans Foster perfectly captured the essence of the written word.  The drawings lent sparkling clarity to KAYE’s brilliantly composed works of “writing art”. 

Each poem weaves the subject matter into a tightly-packaged, aptly-described story that awakens our senses and leaves us perfectly amazed at how sweet and innocent the words appear.  Who would have thought that a yellow crayon could take on a “life” of its own?  Or that a single leaf holding on for dear life could hold us captive? 

Two of the poems bring thoughts of those gone before us – a young, fire-hat clad boy remembering with sadness of his daddy the fireman whose life was taken.  A stack of pancakes brings a remembrance of a departed soul. 

Bubble baths, berries, and food groups it’s true, all bringing us a smile or two. 

KAYE has crafted amazing tales for you and for me.  As pleasing as little stories ever could be. 

My heart was skipping as I was flipping through the pages of the book.  There is a brightly-colored feel to A SOLiD WHEEL OF COLORED RIBBONS.  

McKenna and Marlowe have the talents of their daddy at their disposal.  Thank you, THORTSEN KAYE, for allowing us to sample a “ride on those ribbons” that they will be treated to for a lifetime. 

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Thank you for the book review, Lois. You captured what most of us felt after reading these heartwarming Poems, and expressed it so beautifully. 

Although, I read the book a few times (some poems more than 5 or 6 times) and my heart was bursting out of my chest with emotions, I was lost for words to express my gratitude. Words that were worthy of Thorsten's amazing talent and Tami's beautiful art. I am happy that you summed it up so eloquently in your book review. Thank you.
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Thanks for letting us know your books arrived safely, ladies.  

I love this book so much I want to sleep with it!!!!

Every poem has something about it that gets to me.  I've always loved the way Thorsten uses words, and the combination of poignant, thoughtful, witty and clever poetry with the perfectly complementing drawings by Tami is so satisfying to read and look at.  It was such an honor to be part of publishing this book.

I would like to know what everyone's favorites poems are, if you can choose a favorite.  I have such a soft spot for Old Friends. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think a pair of shoes would bring tears to my eyes.

I love all the poems in this book, but there are some special ones that I like, I like Daniel, Jungle Tales, Why Mom (because it is Thorsten and Susan with McKenna, also he's carrying her on his shoulders like he does, and does he REALLY have holes in his socks!!!!!!. I also like Old Friends, but as I said, I really love all the poems.

I agree with all you said about Thorsten and Tami, and thank you, Kathy and Gina for being a part of publishing this book.

Take care,
Enis

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer

Kathy, Christy, and Gina - you have been devoted constants in your first-class, five-star involvement for/with Thorsten regarding his website, Daymer Gardens, the CD, and now “Ribbons.” Please take a bow in the direction of Seattle – you KNOW - I’m applauding.

Thanks, Jennifer, and all who sent some kudos our way.  Working with Thorsten is always a labor of love.  That being said, there would be nothing at all if it wasn't for his genius and Tami's talent, so my thanks go to TK for his incredible words that bring such sweet stories alive, and to Tami for drawing them brilliantly.  In addition to us, there were three other people who worked on the book:  our dear friend Hugh Harrison who did all the watercolors for all the color in the book, Susan Newman who pulled everything together in a format the printer could use, and Phil at Signature Books, our printer.   Our thanks to them, as well!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

I finally got my copy yesterday and I LOVE it. Who this man is just shines through every word and  makes me love him even more. His devotion to his family, his understanding of how a child's mind works, and his amusement and fascination with the child point of view.....all these things make him such a lovable and interesting man. (As if we needed any additional reasons, huh?)

dolfinette

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Hi Everyone!

I got all three copies a couple of days ago (one for me, my daughter and my mom) and we were SO excited!!!    Ariana already read half of it and didn't want to stop but it was time for school.  ;p  What an awesome compilation of writing...thanks to TK and everyone who made it possible to share it with us!

Hugs!
Arlene 

Bee

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #31 
I got my book a couple days ago.  I sat right down and read the whole thing, loving every minute of it.  Loved the poems and the illustrations.

I might just keep this one for myself and get a couple more; one for my grandson Liam and one for my granddaughter Cailynn.

Thank you TK for another wonderful book of poems.

Bee

The Power of One can change the World.
Roseann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Received my copy today..Touches the soul.  Thanks, Thorsten.

And thanks to Kathy, Christy, & Gina, too.

Off to order another one so my grandson can have one at his house!
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseann
Received my copy today..Touches the soul.  Thanks, Thorsten.

And thanks to Kathy, Christy, & Gina, too.

Off to order another one so my grandson can have one at his house!

LOL, I will also have to order another copy for my great-granddaughter to take home with her.  This is for her 1st birthday (July 22).......but this copy is staying at nonna's house. LOL
I received my copy the day after it was shipped, April 17th, which coincidentally is her pawpaw's birthday.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
I got my book yesterday, it is so cool, I love it....  Thanks Ladies so much for all you do for us here on this website and the nice job you did on this book, I will truly treasure it forever. And a big thanks to Thorsten, you are truly one of a kind, I so love your book and the great job you do everyday on AMC..  Thanks again for the great book, it brings out the kid in me...

Dana  : )

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #35 
The book is great. My children especially loved Journeyman and Daniel.
Congratulations to all of you.
TK4Me

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #36 
I just received this book, which I ordered for my granddaughter. She writes poetry and will really enjoy this lovely book. I almost want a copy for myself.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Just want to add that I had ordered 2 books and have placed one in the school here and my 2nd Grand daughter moved up from 8th grade last week and I gave her flowers as well as a copy of the book. Now I can't wait to get mine at the booksigning!! Its coming soon !!!

Ande
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.