Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Okaye, so I found a YouTube site that has ALL of PC.  Since I've never seen PC I've been spending rainy, lazy, free days watching PC.  I started with the arc where Eve dies because I love Ian and Lucy so much and I watched their entire story and I was in heaven!!  LOL!!

So now I've decided to go back and watch Ian and Eve's story.  This site starts with when she leaves Kevin for Ian.  But I am so thrilled with some things I am being treated to . . . Ian as a soldier . . . Ian as an 18th century artist, but I just got done watching a clip that I just didn't expect.  Ian and Alan in a beautiful scene in the hosptial chapel.

I miss Zach Slater more than I can say, but I gotta tell ya . . . watching Ian Thornhart helps ease that loss.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to this fantastic site, but if I am and anyone wants it . . . let me know.

BTW . . . I do FF a lot of the stories, but find that I am getting sucked into some other stories on PC that really don't involve Ian.  PC was really a good soap and I'm sorry I missed it the first time around.

June

Pah??  Can you see this message??  LOL!!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Yes, Jam, I can, and I'd like to know how to get to that PC site. I have seen SOME Ian episodes but far from ALL of them.  Those not involving Ian don't interest me, but anything that TK is in definitely DOES!
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
When I get home from work I will PM it to you so keep an eye out for a private message.

June
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks, June. Message rec'd and appreciated.
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I'm sitting here watching "Tempted" and I finally realize why everyone around here hates Eve so damn much. When I first started watching Ian and Eve's love story I couldn't imagine why she was hated so much. Yeah, well, now I know!!

June
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
I'm sitting here watching "Tempted" and I finally realize why everyone around here hates Eve so damn much. When I first started watching Ian and Eve's love story I couldn't imagine why she was hated so much. Yeah, well, now I know!!

June

I loved Ian and Eve in the very beginning (I had not watched Port Charles until TK joined it so I wasn't familiar with Eve at that point). Then, as soon as Ian and Eve got together, I began to despise Eve. I can even pinpoint the moment it happened -- in the cabin after Ian and Eve escaped from Harris' compound at the end of the Fate arc.

But my hatred really caught fire when Eve refused to let Ian see Danny. That was the Tempted arc, right? And the bandaid scene?

The other day I was watching the "Evette" clip, as we called the Paris reincarnation scenes here (from Time in a Bottle, I think), and was struck all over again how wonderful TK was in them, and how very much I wished Eve had stayed in the frigging afterlife. No words for how much I loathed her.

I did love Ian and Lucy.

Now you've really made me miss PC, Ian and Lucy, anyway. Hated so much else about that show by the time it got canceled.

BTW I don't care if you post the link.

In those days we only had enough server space to post a few clips so we just didn't make that many, and by the time we did, my PC tapes had deteriorated terribly and I was too lazy to reclip them from Soapnet when it aired the repeats. Most of my favorite Ian scenes were before the arcs started anyway.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Hey Kathy,

I'm just curious as to why you hated Eve after the Harris kidnapping??  I didn't start to see red with Eve until she didn't believe Ian and believed everything Kevin told her.

As for Ian and Lucy??  My second all time favorite couple from soaps.  My favorite is Zach and Kendall (I know not everyone agrees) and my third is Patrick and Marty.  Hmmmmmmmm . . . wonder what the common denominator is here??  LOL!!

I'll post the link to the YT channel, but as lucky as I feel to have found this I was crused to see they don't have any Ian scenes from before Fate.  Now I'm dying to see those stories too.  I personally am loving all of PC.  I do FF some, but right now I'm in "Miracles Happen" and find I'm watching most of it.  I'm so sorry they took this off the air because I think its a great soap.  As popular as vampire stories are today . . . PC would be a HUGH hit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/honeyphan

June

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I managed to get all of them - twice over - from Soapnet during it's run.
I loved Ian Thornhart -  certainly one of his best roles.  I had no problems with Eve for the most part until what June said & Lucy, for some reason, didn't do it for me.  To each his own, I suppose.  FWIW, June, my favorite couple is Zach & Kendall, too.  They are the ones I started watching first & that might have something to do with it.  ITA about the 'common denominator'!! 

Sharon
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Hey Sharon,

I know you've said before you have all of PC on DVD.  Do you copy for people??

Oh, I thought Ian and Lucy were hotter than hot!!  And from what I can tell . . . she is the only female character TK has been paired with that didn't hurt him or not believe in him at one time or another.  She always stood by him . . . no matter what.  Being a vampire and all!!

LOL!!

June
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Hey Kathy,

I'm just curious as to why you hated Eve after the Harris kidnapping??  I didn't start to see red with Eve until she didn't believe Ian and believed everything Kevin told her.

I know it's not logical, because I really disliked Kevin by then, and thought he was a shitty husband to Eve (and after her, to Lucy as well -- Kevin was so superior,  smug, and condescending). But I still didn't like how instantly Eve was ready to trade Kevin in for Ian in that scene, before Kevin even had the chance to know she was alive.

(Of course... Eve almost became roadkill because Kevin was getting it on with Lucy before what he had reason to believe were Eve's smithereens even had a chance to stop smoking -- never did a couple deserve each other more, IMO.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

As for Ian and Lucy??  My second all time favorite couple from soaps.  My favorite is Zach and Kendall (I know not everyone agrees) and my third is Patrick and Marty.  Hmmmmmmmm . . . wonder what the common denominator is here??  LOL!!

Patrick and Marty will always be my number one... and if Zach and Kendall had stopped at the beginning of the masquerade ball, I would have put them number two.

Nothing common about that denominator, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

I'll post the link to the YT channel, but as lucky as I feel to have found this I was crused to see they don't have any Ian scenes from before Fate.  Now I'm dying to see those stories too.  I personally am loving all of PC.  I do FF some, but right now I'm in "Miracles Happen" and find I'm watching most of it.  I'm so sorry they took this off the air because I think its a great soap.  As popular as vampire stories are today . . . PC would be a HUGH hit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/honeyphan

I hate vampire stuff more than I can express (but if they had to make Ian one, at least he was a reluctant one, and it made for a great character study... and TK was amazing in his characterization).

PC's ratings really nosedived when it became all vampires, all the time. The storytelling was completely unbalanced and many of the characters were wasted or destroyed either by indiscriminate killing off or plain old ruining. IMO, it was just like AMC endlessly shoving Ryan and Greenlee down viewers' throats. I hated Caleb and Livvie and quickly ran out of use for Rafe and Allison (I liked Jamal so much better) and they were most of the show.

Caleb did offer a lot of scope for making merciless fun of him, though. I still laugh when I remember Kimski comparing him to Opera Man (can't remember the scene) and have never been able to think of him any other way. I just couldn't help seeing him as a totally ridiculous character. I also still laugh when I remember the scene in the church where Michael and Caleb are fighting each other. LOL.

We do have a few pre-Fate Ian scenes, which you've probably already seen; wish we had more.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

Oh, I thought Ian and Lucy were hotter than hot!!  And from what I can tell . . . she is the only female character TK has been paired with that didn't hurt him or not believe in him at one time or another.  She always stood by him . . . no matter what.  Being a vampire and all!!

LOL!!

June

That was why I loved Lucy! Even Marty betrayed Patrick, and there was a lot of OLTL that was painful to watch in the those days... and as if watching Marty treat Patrick like shit wasn't bad enough, he ended up turning to Blair! I hated her more than Eve and Kendall put together times ten!

So Lucy was such a breath of fresh air and I loved the equality of their relationship.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

I hate vampire stuff more than I can express (but if they had to make Ian one, at least he was a reluctant one, and it made for a great character study... and TK was amazing in his characterization).

I have always loved vampire stories, but what I loved most was the reluctant vampire.  The one who fought the evil within and Ian Thornhart was absolutely perfect in my eyes.  Hee!!

I guess thats why I was so sucked in to the Twilight series.  But while reading all 3 books I pictured TK and LH and Edward and Bella.  So you can imagine how horrified I was to see the actual movies and see KIDS playing those roles!!  LOL!!  Completely turned me off.  I was sitting in a movie theater and felt like I was at a Justin Bieber concert!!  LOL!!

June

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I guess I have not seen enough of PC to be able to properly judge or compare the characters of Eve and Lucy, but truthfully I find Lucy extremely irritating because of the way she talks. It seems she can't get a complete sentence out,  sometimes not even a complete phrase! She talks in little spurts.....tumbling rapid unfinished thoughts....and never really says anything. She talks fast, interrupts herself, and goes off on many tangents. I suppose this is meant to be "cute" or "charming", but to me it's just irritating, and I always want to scream "Lady, either SAY it or SHUT UP!" As much as I love to watch Ian, I find Lucy an annoyance. Sorry, I don't mean to offend her fans, of which there seem to be many, but that is my reaction to her.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

I guess thats why I was so sucked in to the Twilight series.  But while reading all 3 books I pictured TK and LH and Edward and Bella. 

< primal scream>Noooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!! </primal scream> (g)

Quote:
So you can imagine how horrified I was to see the actual movies and see KIDS playing those roles!!  LOL!!  Completely turned me off.  I was sitting in a movie theater and felt like I was at a Justin Bieber concert!!  LOL!!

(The last movie I saw was The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Pretty sure I was still younger than all the residents.)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
June, at the moment I can't, but I'm hoping to have the capability of copying DVDs soon.  I'll lyk when I get it.  But you should also know that I rarely copied the whole show - I mostly have just Ian clips.  Pah - there was something about Lucy's physical appearance for me that just didn't jibe with Ian's - all I can say.  She seemed much older than him to me- among other things.  Whether LH is older than TK- IDK, but that was just my impression.  I've never been a fan of vampires personally, altho' my best friend from HS used to drag me to all of Christopher Lee's vampire movies back in the day & I've certainly sat thru my share - but it's not something I would normally ever be drawn to - unless of course TK is in it.  IJS  

Sharon
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Didn't want to start a new thread so dropping this here, lol!  Just saw this on Twitter:

Quote:
Lindstrom will reunite with his longtime leady lady, Lynn Herring, who recently returned to the soap as the lovely Lucy Coe. He's expected to play a big part in the soaps' upcoming storyline involving Lucy and her time on GH's defunct sister soap, "Port Charles."

Apparently Lucy & Kevin have reunited since last we saw them    I knew eventually, Ian&Lucy would get fucked.  Petrified at how (if at all) they'll explain Ian&Lucy's break up and more importantly, what has become of Ian.  This writing team has already KILLED off Patrick's son and grandchild so I'm thinking his fate will not be good.

I don't watch General Hospital so it shouldn't really matter to me but I hate that they're most probably going to shit all over Ian & Lucy's relationship which was pretty damn wonderful.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #17 

Fuck ABC. Nothing can take away my memories of Ian and Lucy's love story no matter what they do. Oh, and did I mention - FUCK ABC!!!!!!

Mecca

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Is it ok if I hijack this thread? [smile]

I used to post here many moons ago when Port Charles was still on the air.  I think it was so long ago that the board ate my membership.  I had an Ian and Lucy fansite/fanlisting called "Temptation" back in the day.

Man, do I miss Ian Thornhart.  I miss watching Ian and Lucy together on my screen.  Is it weird that I'm still kind of bitter at the way Port Charles ended?  I never wanted Ian to be a vampire in the first place, but it gave Thorsten Kaye so much angst to work with that I ended up enjoying some aspects of his storyline.  Like his constant struggle with retaining his humanity all the while keeping his blood thirst at bay.  Some of my favorite scenes happened when Lucy lost her slayer powers and sleeping with Ian no longer curbed his hunger.  Some amazing stuff came out of that storyline.  In the end though, just knowing I will never get to see that happy ending for Ian still makes me a little angry.  They could have at least gotten the cast together to do a one off finale.

It's really is a credit to Thorsten Kaye and to Lynn Herring as well, that it's been over 10 years and I'm still raving about their performances and their characters interactions with each other.  I heard that General Hospital briefly brought the vampire thing back and then promptly made it a figment of Lucy's imagination.  I guess I prefer it that way instead of Lucy trashing her relationship with Ian.

I watched All My Children when Thorsten played Zach, but because of my absolute hatred for the character of Kendall, I couldn't get on board with those two unfortunately and after AMC was cancelled, I quit the soaps all together so I have not had the opportunity to watch Thorsten on B&B.  I'm sure that he's doing a wonderful job over there as he has done with all of his other characters. 

About a year ago, I started uploading clips of Ian and Lucy's relationship on my youtube channel.  It was something I initially started doing about 7 years ago and finally got around to finishing last year.  I am unsure of what the posting rules are regarding youtube stuff so I won't post a link unless I've been given permission to do so.  I also have a Ryan and Greenlee youtube channel and Zach pop ups on there now and then, but he's not prominent.

Anyway, I just had an overwhelming need to talk about Ian and Lucy and there is literally no where else to do that, but here since it seems like people have forgotten that Port Charles ever existed. lol [biggrin]
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #19 
Hi Mecca! I remember you from the PC days! (The format of old old board didn't require membership, so you never had to register for that one. We changed to this board some time after TK joined AMC, since it provided many more features that the old one didn't.)

Yes, you may post YouTube videos and I'd love to see more Ian videos.

If you ever want to catch up with Ridge, we have all TK's performances on our B&B Videos page. He is doing a wonderful job in bringing this character to life. A few weeks ago Ridge and Caroline (Ridge's current love interest) that reminded me so much of the Ian and Eve "Evette" past-life-in-Paris scene (except that Caroline did not make me want to throw something at my TV screen, as Evette did).

Ian Thornhart was a wonderful, complex character...and his relationship with the equally complex Lucy was so special. Damn, now you've made me nostalgic!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Hi Mecca! I remember you from the PC days! (The format of old old board didn't require membership, so you never had to register for that one. We changed to this board some time after TK joined AMC, since it provided many more features that the old one didn't.)

Oh, I see. It's unfortunate that some of the older posts are gone, I would have loved to dig into the archive and read everyone's thoughts about the show at the time of it's original airing.  I remember there was a lot of great Ian and Lucy fan fiction posted here as well.

Quote:
Yes, you may post YouTube videos and I'd love to see more Ian videos.

Awesome! Thank you. [biggrin]

"IanLucyFTW" is my Ian and Lucy channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/IanLucyFTW

I don't have their whole relationship up there. Mostly just the stuff that happened when they started developing feelings for each other.  I do have a few pre-relationship videos though like the "Band Aid" scenes and when Ian was channeling Kevin during Superstition.

Also, in case anyone is a fan, my Ryan and Greenlee channel is called "thornharts".
https://www.youtube.com/user/thornharts

I know it's kind of weird for the Ryan and Greenlee channel to be called thornharts.  My intention when I picked the name was to upload the Ian and Lucy stuff to there, but I ended up using it for Ryan and Greenlee instead.

Zach sneaks into a few videos on there too.  The one video off the top of my head is this one.

Quote:
If you ever want to catch up with Ridge, we have all TK's performances on our B&B Videos page. He is doing a wonderful job in bringing this character to life. A few weeks ago Ridge and Caroline (Ridge's current love interest) that reminded me so much of the Ian and Eve "Evette" past-life-in-Paris scene (except that Caroline did not make me want to throw something at my TV screen, as Evette did).

I will definitely take a look.  Your comparison to Eve though makes me a bit apprehensive to watch. lol

Quote:
Ian Thornhart was a wonderful, complex character...and his relationship with the equally complex Lucy was so special. Damn, now you've made me nostalgic!

Complex is a great word to describe Ian and Lucy's relationship. It still amazes me how well they did work together.  If you just viewed the characters on a surface level, they shouldn't have worked.  I think deep down Ian and Lucy were very much alike, two fiercely loyal people who loved without question.  With Lucy, Ian was playful as well as passionate.  With Ian, Lucy was more grounded and less scatterbrained.  So much potential that ended way too soon. sigh

I'll end my post with a couple of my favorite scenes.  I mean they are all my favorite, but I don't want to clog up this post with a thousand videos. [biggrin]  Thank you for providing me with a place to gush about these two over 10 years later!

Lucy and Ian's trip to New York where we first see a glimpse of Ian's growing feelings for Lucy.  I just love that Ian "broke" Lucy and the ensuing pillow fight.

Ian's declaration of love to Lucy.  Thorsten conveyed such a great range of emotions during these scenes.  The hopefulness that turns into utter devastation when Lucy rejects Ian is just heartbreaking.

"You will wait for me"...The moment at the end where Ian is helping Lucy put on her coat...so hot.  He keeps holding on to her because he wants her stay, while simultaneously pushing her out the door.

The camera slowly panning down from above to show Ian and Lucy kissing on the couch with a Jennifer Paige song playing in the background...perfection! I think this is my favorite of their love scenes because their is so much underlying pain coming from the two of them thinking it will be their last time together.
Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Mecca, your channel was the best thing I found after I became a TK fan! I even left a comment there because I wanted to thank you somehow. [smile]

I had never seen him before last summer when I started watching B&B after a long break and the storyline with Ridge and Caroline made me a fan immediately. In the span of a couple of months I watched all of TK's run on AMC and most on PC (since there are parts missing from the early years).

The pairing of Ian and Lucy was by far my favorite! It wasn't just the off-the-charts chemistry, it was also the fact that they loved each other equally and Lucy never betrayed Ian in any way, unlike Eve did or Maria/Kendall did to Zach on AMC.
I could talk about Ian/Lucy for hours! I loved everything about them, from their first meeting until their very last scene. I don't even know why they bothered with Ian and Eve, he and Lucy had so much chemistry even when they were just acquaintances and she helped him open the clinic at the hospital.

Regarding the GH storyline 2 years ago, the ending wasn't clear. They did mention that it might have been a figment of Lucy's imagination but I don't remember them confirming it. Apparently, Steven Clay went crazy after his wife Livvie died and started believing he was a vampire and killed a bunch of people. He was killed at the end of the storyline but, during his last scene at the morgue, it wasn't clear if he really died.
Anyway, the storyline was dropped afterwards. I thought it was nice of the writers to remember Port Charles but the end was a mess.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
Oh, I see. It's unfortunate that some of the older posts are gone, I would have loved to dig into the archive and read everyone's thoughts about the show at the time of it's original airing.  I remember there was a lot of great Ian and Lucy fan fiction posted here as well.

Our old board didn't have the ability to archive anything, which was one of the reasons we shitcanned it. It only held a finite number of posts and once the limit was reached, older posts started disappearing. I did save Morning Sickness, the group story that some then posters (including myself) wrote after PC got canceled. Let me know if you'd like me to post that.

Quote:
I will definitely take a look.  Your comparison to Eve though makes me a bit apprehensive to watch. lol

Don't worry -- as a person, Caroline is nothing like Eve. Her situation did have some surface similarities to Eve... like Eve with Ian, Caroline was married when she developed feelings for Ridge during a highly emotional time when they were working close together although Caroline and Ridge were working together voluntarily. ;-)

Quote:
Complex is a great word to describe Ian and Lucy's relationship. It still amazes me how well they did work together.  If you just viewed the characters on a surface level, they shouldn't have worked.  I think deep down Ian and Lucy were very much alike, two fiercely loyal people who loved without question.  With Lucy, Ian was playful as well as passionate.  With Ian, Lucy was more grounded and less scatterbrained.  So much potential that ended way too soon. sigh

I'll end my post with a couple of my favorite scenes.  I mean they are all my favorite, but I don't want to clog up this post with a thousand videos. [biggrin]  Thank you for providing me with a place to gush about these two over 10 years later!

Thanks for the videos! Those are some of my favorite Ian and Lucy scenes!

I also thought they worked so well as a couple for the same reasons you mentioned. They brought out the best in each other, and they realistically accepted each other. It was such a refreshingly adult relationship. I hated losing it.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie
Mecca, your channel was the best thing I found after I became a TK fan! I even left a comment there because I wanted to thank you somehow. [smile]

I'm so happy that you enjoyed the clips! Its great to know that the channel is giving people who missed out on these two the first time around the opportunity to discover their magic. [smile]

Quote:
The pairing of Ian and Lucy was by far my favorite! It wasn't just the off-the-charts chemistry, it was also the fact that they loved each other equally and Lucy never betrayed Ian in any way, unlike Eve did or Maria/Kendall did to Zach on AMC.

It was refreshing to see a mature relationship between two people who were honest and open with each other. No lies. No stupid love triangles.  Ian showed some signs of insecurity towards Kevin, but even that was minimal and Lucy made sure to reassure Ian at every opportunity that she only wanted him.  What little conflict they had was all internal.  Ian's insistance that the only way to protect Lucy and their children was for him to be away from them, was their biggest hurdle to overcome. 

Although I do think Lucy and Ian were together for such a short time that the writers didn't have enough time to screw up their relationship.  Ian and Lucy were only together for about a year.  Most of their storyline centered around Ian's struggle to come to terms with being a vampire and to a lesser extent, dealing with crazy Kevin.  There really wasn't much room for any other conflict in their relationship.  I do wonder once Ian was cured what their next obstacle would have been.

Quote:
I could talk about Ian/Lucy for hours! I loved everything about them, from their first meeting until their very last scene. I don't even know why they bothered with Ian and Eve, he and Lucy had so much chemistry even when they were just acquaintances and she helped him open the clinic at the hospital.

They definitely had that spark from the very moment they met.  At the time though and maybe even still today, Lucy and Kevin were considered the "destiny" couple.  They had many years of history together that spanned across two shows and a fairly large fanbase.  Even I started watching Port Charles because of Lucy and Kevin.  My guess from the way the the show tried so hard to push Ian and Eve as soulmates is that the writers had plans for them to be paired together from the start.  Thankfully, they realized no one was buying it and killed Eve off. lol

To be honest, I kind of like how the show allowed Ian and Lucy's bond to grow over time.  They had a very strong friendship before they fell in love and it made the scenes where they danced around their feelings and when they finally committed to each other all the more powerful.

Quote:
Regarding the GH storyline 2 years ago, the ending wasn't clear. They did mention that it might have been a figment of Lucy's imagination but I don't remember them confirming it. Apparently, Steven Clay went crazy after his wife Livvie died and started believing he was a vampire and killed a bunch of people. He was killed at the end of the storyline but, during his last scene at the morgue, it wasn't clear if he really died.
Anyway, the storyline was dropped afterwards. I thought it was nice of the writers to remember Port Charles but the end was a mess.

Thank you for clarifying what happened.  I haven't watched GH in years so I missed out on how the whole storyline went down.  Did they mention Ian at all?  Lucy not mentioning someone that she fought so hard for and loved so strongly seems odd, but I guess there would have been a lot of explaining to do that I'm sure the writers did not want to get into.

Quote:
Our old board didn't have the ability to archive anything, which was one of the reasons we shitcanned it. It only held a finite number of posts and once the limit was reached, older posts started disappearing. I did save Morning Sickness, the group story that some then posters (including myself) wrote after PC got canceled. Let me know if you'd like me to post that.

I'd love to read it again. Thank you. [smile]

Quote:
Don't worry -- as a person, Caroline is nothing like Eve. Her situation did have some surface similarities to Eve... like Eve with Ian, Caroline was married when she developed feelings for Ridge during a highly emotional time when they were working close together although Caroline and Ridge were working together voluntarily. ;-)

lol. Oh, ok. That's a relief.  I'll have to do a mini marathon this weekend of the clips on the site.  Not sure if I want to jump back into soap watching full time again, but I do miss having TK on my screen so I may take a peek now and then to see how he's doing on B&B.

Quote:
Thanks for the videos! Those are some of my favorite Ian and Lucy scenes!

I also thought they worked so well as a couple for the same reasons you mentioned. They brought out the best in each other, and they realistically accepted each other. It was such a refreshingly adult relationship. I hated losing it.

You're welcome. [smile]

I absolutely agree.  I think with Ian, Lucy was in the most mature relationship she had ever had up to that point.  There was no need to scheme or manipulate to "keep" Ian.  He loved her flaws and all and as Ian once told Lucy..."never apologize for your past".  I loved the fact that she never felt like she needed to with Ian.
Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
They definitely had that spark from the very moment they met.  At the time though and maybe even still today, Lucy and Kevin were considered the "destiny" couple.  They had many years of history together that spanned across two shows and a fairly large fanbase.

I knew about that and that was one of the reasons I decided to watch AMC first and then PC. I thought that Lucy would be on the rebound with Ian and never fully comit to him. Thankfully, I was wrong!
I was also glad to find out that, even though Kevin/Lucy were very popular, Ian and Lucy had their fanbase as well. I read elsewhere that when they had their first love scenes, fans sent band-aids to the studio. [biggrin]

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying what happened.  I haven't watched GH in years so I missed out on how the whole storyline went down.  Did they mention Ian at all?  Lucy not mentioning someone that she fought so hard for and loved so strongly seems odd, but I guess there would have been a lot of explaining to do that I'm sure the writers did not want to get into.

I don't think they mentioned Ian at all. I agree that it would be too much to explain and since they brought back Kevin along with Lucy, they just went with that. And maybe it was better this way because they killed off every character they mentioned, Livvie, Rafe and Alison.

Not that Kevin and Lucy lasted. She cheated on him with Scott and now she's bonding with Duke. When they kissed on NYE, I was like, why is Lucy kissing Joshua? [biggrin]
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Quote:

I'd love to read it again. Thank you. [smile]

Here you go, unedited from 2003... Morning Sickness: The Lost Arc.

I just skimmed the first part that I wrote (I kicked off the group story) and whoa... I'd forgotten how profoundly I hated, loathed, despised, and abominated Caleb and Livvie and their sick relationship. There does not appear to be a closing chapter to this story, and I don't remember if that's because there wasn't one, or because whatever other laptop/PC I may have saved it to at the time no longer exists.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:
I knew about that and that was one of the reasons I decided to watch AMC first and then PC. I thought that Lucy would be on the rebound with Ian and never fully comit to him. Thankfully, I was wrong!
I was also glad to find out that, even though Kevin/Lucy were very popular, Ian and Lucy had their fanbase as well. I read elsewhere that when they had their first love scenes, fans sent band-aids to the studio. [biggrin]

I didn't know that people sent in band aids back then? Wow. I mostly remember fans being very divided which made sense especially the way that Kevin was literally vilified so that Lucy would have a reason to leave him.  I got into so many arguments with fellow fans back then about why Lucy didn't cheat on Kevin with Ian. lol

Quote:
I don't think they mentioned Ian at all. I agree that it would be too much to explain and since they brought back Kevin along with Lucy, they just went with that. And maybe it was better this way because they killed off every character they mentioned, Livvie, Rafe and Alison.

So they killed off half the PC cast?  I can't say that I'm too upset that it was Livvie, Caleb, Rafe and Allison.  They were my least favorite which was unfortunate because the whole show centered around them towards the end.

Quote:
Not that Kevin and Lucy lasted. She cheated on him with Scott and now she's bonding with Duke. When they kissed on NYE, I was like, why is Lucy kissing Joshua? [biggrin]

Sounds like Lucy is still being typical Lucy over on GH. [smile]

Quote:
Here you go, unedited from 2003... Morning Sickness: The Lost Arc.

I just skimmed the first part that I wrote (I kicked off the group story) and whoa... I'd forgotten how profoundly I hated, loathed, despised, and abominated Caleb and Livvie and their sick relationship. There does not appear to be a closing chapter to this story, and I don't remember if that's because there wasn't one, or because whatever other laptop/PC I may have saved it to at the time no longer exists.

Thank you! [biggrin]  I thought I may have saved a copy for my website back in the day, but I couldn't find it.

Edit:  I just finished the story.  I had forgotten how funny it was.  It's a shame the other parts are missing.

LilBit318

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I am already subscribed to that channel but I am still catching up on AMC so I'm saving PC for afterward. [smile]

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
So they killed off half the PC cast?  I can't say that I'm too upset that it was Livvie, Caleb, Rafe and Allison.  They were my least favorite which was unfortunate because the whole show centered around them towards the end.

Yup, Allison came back for an episode and Caleb/Steven killed her. Their son Rafe (remember Allison was pregnant by the end of PC) stayed on the show until last summer. I don't remember how they said original Rafe died, maybe because I didn't care enough about him, lol.

Anyway, could I make a small correction to your Ian/Lucy playlist? The "Have Faith" clip should be before the "Hearing Voices" clip. It happened before they realised that Kevin was lost in the painting. [smile]

Mecca

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBit318
I am already subscribed to that channel but I am still catching up on AMC so I'm saving PC for afterward. [smile]

I'd love to read your thoughts about Ian's storyline when you're finished.

Quote:
Anyway, could I make a small correction to your Ian/Lucy playlist? The "Have Faith" clip should be before the "Hearing Voices" clip. It happened before they realised that Kevin was lost in the painting. [smile]

Thank you for letting me know. I fixed it. [smile] 

Now I'm thinking the stuff after "The Truth" where Ian is trying to get Lucy to go to the hospital for tests may be out of order too.  One of these days I will need to do a little research and put up the actual air dates in the video titles.  Right now it's all going by my memory which isn't all that great these days. lol

Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Now I'm thinking the stuff after "The Truth" where Ian is trying to get Lucy to go to the hospital for tests may be out of order too.  One of these days I will need to do a little research and put up the actual air dates in the video titles.  Right now it's all going by my memory which isn't all that great these days. lol

I'm not sure if anything else is out of order or at least it doesn't feel like it when I watch the clips. [smile]

After I found your channel, I also watched any Ian/Lucy clips I could find from Honeyphan's channel so that's how I realised the "Have Faith" clip was earlier in the storyline. She doesn't have all the scenes from Lucy's illness so I can't be 100% sure about that time period but the storyline seemed to make sense in the order you put them.

Maybe when I have the time, I can make a playlist with all of the Ian/Lucy moments there are on youtube. [smile]
Mecca

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
I'm not sure if anything else is out of order or at least it doesn't feel like it when I watch the clips. [smile]

After I found your channel, I also watched any Ian/Lucy clips I could find from Honeyphan's channel so that's how I realised the "Have Faith" clip was earlier in the storyline. She doesn't have all the scenes from Lucy's illness so I can't be 100% sure about that time period but the storyline seemed to make sense in the order you put them.

Maybe when I have the time, I can make a playlist with all of the Ian/Lucy moments there are on youtube. [smile]

Oh, I see. It probably doesn't matter too much I suppose since Ian and Lucy basically have the same conversation in those handful of scenes.  I do appreciate the heads up about the order.

Honeyphan's channel is awesome.  She's done a fantastic job of getting a majority of the show up on youtube.  A playlist sounds like a great idea.  Not sure if there will be overlap, but "Irishborn7604" is a great channel resource as well.  I believe the person who created that channel was/is a member on this board although I can't remember their name.  If you ever need help (even with my Swiss cheese memory) putting it together, let me know. [smile]

Edit: How could I forget?  Irishborn7604 is Cheri's youtube channel.  Apologies!
Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Honeyphan's channel is awesome.  She's done a fantastic job of getting a majority of the show up on youtube.  A playlist sounds like a great idea.  Not sure if there will be overlap, but "Irishborn7604" is a great channel resource as well.  I believe the person who created that channel was/is a member on this board although I can't remember their name.  If you ever need help (even with my Swiss cheese memory) putting it together, let me know. [smile]

I've watched the clips from the wonderful channel, Irishborn as well. [smile]
There's another channel that currently posts clips from Tempted, soapfan4life81, but is mostly focused on Livvie/Jack/Alison/Jamal and Lucy/Kevin. I've been checking out her clips for any possible Ian/Lucy interaction.

From reading recaps, the only scene I remember that is missing from youtube is one in the beginning of Tainted Love (or right before it starts) where Ian runs into Lucy and (I think) Kristina in the woods while he's looking for Eve.

I'll try and do the playlsit by the end of the week. I have all the clips in the right order on my hard drive, I just have to find the YT links again. [smile]

Mecca

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
I've watched the clips from the wonderful channel, Irishborn as well. [smile]
There's another channel that currently posts clips from Tempted, soapfan4life81, but is mostly focused on Livvie/Jack/Alison/Jamal and Lucy/Kevin. I've been checking out her clips for any possible Ian/Lucy interaction.

Ooh, I didn't know about soapfan4life81.  Will need to check that channel out!

Quote:
From reading recaps, the only scene I remember that is missing from youtube is one in the beginning of Tainted Love (or right before it starts) where Ian runs into Lucy and (I think) Kristina in the woods while he's looking for Eve.

I'll try and do the playlsit by the end of the week. I have all the clips in the right order on my hard drive, I just have to find the YT links again. [smile]

Awesome! Thank you for offering to put the playlist together.  Definitely post it here when  you have it together and I'll put it up on my channel. Assuming that you can link to other people's playlist on youtube.  I've been on that site for 7 years and I still don't know how it all works. lol

Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Ok, the playlist is finally ready!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp3VcI3Y18C5LfmEZpWfHRZNw-_jAquY-

I included every clip that had any kind of Ian/Lucy interaction, no matter how small, plus a couple of clips that had them on seperately but were very important to the storyline. Also, there's some overlap between clips because they come from different users, for example, honeyphan's "Halloween Masquerade" clip only include a 10-second scene and the rest are also included in Mecca's. [smile]
LilBit318

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #35 
/\/\/\ Thank you so much for posting the playlist! I'm looking forward to watching them all. [smile]

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #36 
[thankyou] Fabulous Playlist! [cool2]

I saw a few clips on the playlist that I think I may also have.  When I get the extra time, I will need to check my tapes.  I might be able to upload a few more scenes in higher quality.  I definitely have the scene right before Christmas where Lucy awkwardly invites Ian to spend Christmas with her and Kevin before they all meet up and sing carols.
Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
[thankyou] Fabulous Playlist! [cool2]

I saw a few clips on the playlist that I think I may also have.  When I get the extra time, I will need to check my tapes.  I might be able to upload a few more scenes in higher quality.  I definitely have the scene right before Christmas where Lucy awkwardly invites Ian to spend Christmas with her and Kevin before they all meet up and sing carols.

You're welcome!

Anything more you can upload will be great, whenever you have time of course. I've made clips from tapes and I know how time consuming it can be. [smile]

I have a question. When Kevin found out Ian was a vampire, he threatened Lucy that he'll expose him if she doesn't go and live with him. However, after the "Almost Perfect" clip when Lucy supposedly leaves Ian, the next clip I found was both of them with Rafe and Alison planning to destroy Joshua.
Did something happen in between? How come Kevin dropped the whole blackmail after the healing pool exploded? I know Kevin tried to build a wall around Ian to imprison him but not much else.
Mecca

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:

You're welcome!

Anything more you can upload will be great, whenever you have time of course. I've made clips from tapes and I know how time consuming it can be. [smile]

It's tedious work, but if it means that I can eventually get rid of my mountain of VHS tapes, it's worth it. lol

Quote:
I have a question. When Kevin found out Ian was a vampire, he threatened Lucy that he'll expose him if she doesn't go and live with him. However, after the "Almost Perfect" clip when Lucy supposedly leaves Ian, the next clip I found was both of them with Rafe and Alison planning to destroy Joshua.
Did something happen in between? How come Kevin dropped the whole blackmail after the healing pool exploded? I know Kevin tried to build a wall around Ian to imprison him but not much else.

The only thing that happened between that time is Lucy went to see Kevin at the lighthouse.  Victor shows up and rescues Lucy and they tie Kevin up.  Unfortunately, I only have the following episode where Karen unties Kevin and he goes after Ian so I'm not sure if the blackmail plot was dropped or if something was said during that missing episode that made Kevin redirect his anger towards Ian.  My guess is that Kevin realized that he couldn't force Lucy to be with him as long as Ian was alive and that's when he decided to drop his blackmail plans and kill Ian by bricking him into the wall.
Mecca

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #39 
I know it's been like a month since this question was asked, but it was kind of bugging me that I didn't know what happened.  Well, honeyphan to the rescue on this one!  I don't know why I missed this clip before.  It's been on youtube since 2012.

I guess all it took was for Lucy to burn a few pictures/tapes for Kevin to say to hell with this blackmail thing and move on to attempted murder.  It's not like he could take more pictures or anything. lol

Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Mecca, thank you so much for posting this!

I haven't seen this before either. For some reason, Honeyphan, hasn't included these Kevin clips in the Surrender playlist and that's why I didn't know they existed. I'm going to skim through all 30 of them for any possible Ian/Lucy interaction. [smile]

And speaking of the wonderful Honeyphan, she has uploaded all the PC fan events from 2001-2003 (Thorsten was in all of them, Lynn was in the first 2), including the one that Thorsten did with Michael Easton.
Here's the link, in case anyone hasn't watched them.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVe-cyJQ7W-2rmapvy1TYxMC8TNds9-jo
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.