Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I miss the fun we all had speculating on All My Children!
I just find it sad that our TK has landed on a show so boring and predictable that we can't do that now. There is never a question of, Who did what? Why did they do it?
It's just plot, plot, plot! And Brooke and Hope always come out on top!
OK rant over (for now)

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Ann, now that you mention it, I do, too. B&B has such predictably lather, rinse, repeat, storylines, with so few characters in rotation, that it gets pretty mind-numbing. There's sure nothing to wonder about it -- we all know what's going to happen from the get-go! Somehow, no matter how often Ridge and Brooke repeat the same time-killing conversation, TK infuses it with reality and humanity (since chances are he rewrote his lines) -- but he deserves better material to work with in the first place! So do all the actors.

The other day something made me remember the Zach/Kendall New Year's Eve scene and how magical that was, and all the storyline suspense that led up to that... those were the days! Ridge and Caroline came pretty close to that... I just don't understand why B&B has made no attempt to recapture that success with a promising new romantic interest for Ridge that has us on the edge of our chairs.

Another thing that popped into my mind (and made me laugh) as I was driving down my street and seeing various holiday decorations was Zach's inimitable comment about Ryan's crazyass ice-skating brother, "Lavery on ice. That's adorable." This was before we were able to post daily videos, so enjoy!

AMC 12/09/05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
ITA 100% Kathy!  I still never get tired of that fabulous NY's Even scene!  That was Zen at it's absolute best & they took my breath away!  I was completely sucked in, hooked, mesmerized, starry-eyed & I fell in love with them as they fell in love with each other!  What a wonderful journey that was!  Yes I also agree that the CaRidge story was almost as captivating as the Zendall story & I have yet to see anything else on B&B come close to that one.  Such a shame and mystery that they ended it so abruptly & changed the whole thing by changing Douglas' paternity & then soon LG was gone!  Now they're doing the same thing with Rick & Maya!  JY tweets almost daily about how they have kicked him off B&B & he wants to come back but now they're bringing Maya back but not him!  I don't get it.  Well I think I do, but that's another story.  But now that you brought it up I think I'll watch that New Year's eve love story again!  Thanks Kathy for the memory!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
The Caroline and Ridge love story was a breath of fresh air into the hum drum studios of B&B! It

was invigorating and full of hope! Ridge was always pushing Brooke away and that was OK by me!

The late Caroline was Ridge's first love and her namesake was his irreplaceable! The mesmerizing

office scene when she was desperately asking him how could she face Rick and Maya and Ridge

responded with the most passionate kiss that I ALMOST FELT HIS LIPS ON mine! The portrait scene,

the nuptials,the time he carried her to the desk...so many..it was magical!

There is so much story yet to be  told...

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Sharon, I should have posted that clip too! Happy New Year! Remember how we used to rip Megan McTavish - she seems positively Shakespearean now. It's a shame about JY, but I can't say I miss Rick much.

Bluegaze, if there's one thing I've learned about B&B, they rarely miss an opportunity to bypass a good surefire story for a tired old retread!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Thanks for posting that clip. There are so many clips to watch, that an out of the blue revisit is a real treat!!
There is such a difference in the depth of the dialogue on AMC compared to, as you say the 
'lather, rinse, repeat of B&B.
I won't be giving up watching though!!
Love this site!!
Thanks for keeping us up to date and allowing us to revisit past episodes in our own time. Hours of fun and pleasure for sure. 💖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Ann, now that you mention it, I do, too. B&B has such predictably lather, rinse, repeat, storylines, with so few characters in rotation, that it gets pretty mind-numbing. There's sure nothing to wonder about it -- we all know what's going to happen from the get-go! Somehow, no matter how often Ridge and Brooke repeat the same time-killing conversation, TK infuses it with reality and humanity (since chances are he rewrote his lines) -- but he deserves better material to work with in the first place! So do all the actors.

The other day something made me remember the Zach/Kendall New Year's Eve scene and how magical that was, and all the storyline suspense that led up to that... those were the days! Ridge and Caroline came pretty close to that... I just don't understand why B&B has made no attempt to recapture that success with a promising new romantic interest for Ridge that has us on the edge of our chairs.

Another thing that popped into my mind (and made me laugh) as I was driving down my street and seeing various holiday decorations was Zach's inimitable comment about Ryan's crazyass ice-skating brother, "Lavery on ice. That's adorable." This was before we were able to post daily videos, so enjoy!

AMC 12/09/05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Oh Kathy I know!  If only we could get a do-over!  But Megan McTavish does seem positively Shakespearean by comparison!  I'm grateful every single day having TK on my screen & hesitant to complain about anything but ... if only.  That was magic!
Oh & I just saw on Twitter today is the 5th anniversary of Thorsten's debut on B&B!  5 years flew by!  So Happy 5th Anniversary to our Thorsten!  [toast]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
ITA Kathy.  The word destiny should be changed to curse.  Ridge is living a "ground hog

day"forever, condemned to be with Brooke over and over again!LOL

Happy Fifth anniversary on B&B, Thorsten! Your presence is the reason that B&B is on my screen!

Please stay forever and ever!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
And I just saw this wonderful Tweet from John McCook!  https://twitter.com/JohnMcCook44/status/1073369565105610752

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Kathy, I enjoyed that clip very much, thank you! Now I will watch a few more of those.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks for sharing that sweet tweet, Sharon! I can't believe that thanks to TK, I've been watching B&B for 5 years already!

My pleasure, Ann!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Wow - it's very hard to believe it's been five years.

AMC was vastly superior to B&B in its storytelling, but I'm just glad to be able to see TK.

The Zach-Kendall New Year's Eve scene will always be my favorite soap scene ever!
Bookworm

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Five years since I first caught sight of TK.
I hadn't seen him or heard of him before he walked into B&B via the pool stairs.
Because of this website I certainly know more now and I have become quite the fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisie
Wow - it's very hard to believe it's been five years.

AMC was vastly superior to B&B in its storytelling, but I'm just glad to be able to see TK.

The Zach-Kendall New Year's Eve scene will always be my favorite soap scene ever!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm

Five years since I first caught sight of TK.
I hadn't seen him or heard of him before he walked into B&B via the pool stairs.
Because of this website I certainly know more now and I have become quite the fan!!

Tullas

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I all so did not know Thorsten I am not from the USA and have not seen AMC I met Thorsten when he took the roll of Ridge I liked him the minute I saw him. I new that there is some thing great about him that he will make Ridge his own and he is doing it every time that he is on the show he puts a smile on my face he is gret actor and very hadsome man.😊😁
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Not that I care one iota about Raya but B&B bored us to 'poking our eyes out" with those bubble

baths scenes and then puff all the bubbles burst? LOL

Ridge can not return  SOON enough!!!!!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
If it is Caroline who has passed away,Ridge will be affected.I hope B&B writes in his reaction to her

untimely death. It was her that brought him from the precipice of gloom and darkness .She deserves a

proper send off, hopefully with Ridge reciting a poem!

As far as I am concerned,Caroline was the love of his life!

Tullas

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegaze
If it is Caroline who has passed away,Ridge will be affected.I hope B&B writes in his reaction to her

untimely death. It was her that brought him from the precipice of gloom and darkness .She deserves a

proper send off, hopefully with Ridge reciting a poem!

As far as I am concerned,Caroline was the love of his life!

Tullas

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I am shocked and pissed why are they "killing" Caroline? she has not been on the show for quite a while Lindsay is on "Days" now but she could have come back for the story line Ridge is going to hit the roof if he hears that some thing happens to the love of his life he really loved Caroline very much. I did think that they will reunited Caroline and Ridge. They were the best couple on the show I do hope it's just a rumors? There is allot of fans out there that are going to be very disppointed and I will to. I really love these two and the love between them. Lindsay brought her personal life to the show after her accident (Ridge) Thorsten was very worried for her. I still think that Douglas is Ridge's boy 😉
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.