Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
julie7

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I know there will be great acting coming up but I cannot stand to see my fav couple put through this TORTURE! 

I have been dreading this storyline and as the new writers have done nothing - so far - to convince me that they are any better than McTavish, I dread this even more. 

So far, the new writers have jipped us of many cuddly moments between our Zen couple and Zen baby.  Like where was the songram scene where they see the Zen baby for the first time?  It's all about Fustion and Ryan.

This is torture.  Greens will get the sympathy, Ryan will be hitting his chest like Tarzan and all over HIS son.  And i hate to think what will happen to Ian.  Cause Ian was supposed to be an Ameila or named after Zack and Ethan if it was a boy, right?  The fact that they come up with another name is telling me that he will not make it and the writers are saving those names for another Zen baby.  Oh i am not liking this ...

Someone convince me to watch!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie7
I know there will be great acting coming up but I cannot stand to see my fav couple put through this TORTURE! 

I have been dreading this storyline and as the new writers have done nothing - so far - to convince me that they are any better than McTavish, I dread this even more. 

So far, the new writers have jipped us of many cuddly moments between our Zen couple and Zen baby.  Like where was the songram scene where they see the Zen baby for the first time?  It's all about Fustion and Ryan.

This is torture.  Greens will get the sympathy, Ryan will be hitting his chest like Tarzan and all over HIS son.  And i hate to think what will happen to Ian.  Cause Ian was supposed to be an Ameila or named after Zack and Ethan if it was a boy, right?  The fact that they come up with another name is telling me that he will not make it and the writers are saving those names for another Zen baby.  Oh i am not liking this ...

Someone convince me to watch!

I will give you the BEST reason to watch....Thorsten Kaye.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

You took the words right out of my keyboard, Mary!  What a terrible shame it would be, to miss watching his brilliance?

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Julie, just remember TK told us to hang in there. 

This is the first week where we can really see the effects of the new head writers.  It's not just that Zach is front and center for this SL, but I think the show overall is much better this week than anything we've seen in recent months (or even years).  I wouldn't judge the new writers on anything we've seen prior to this week.

This is a soap, so we can expect angst for Zach and Kendall.  It's needed to have a good story, it gives TK something to chew on (otherwise he would probably get bored), and it gives us the opportunity to watch his amazing talent at work.

I have faith the baby will survive because he's meant to be with Zach and Kendall.  I hope Zach and Kendall feel the same way.

ETA:  Plus, we've had enough murders and death on this show to last us for a long time.  I don't think the new writing team will want their first SL to be about a baby dying.

And, after everything that happened between Alex Sr. and Alex Jr. and with Ethan, I can totally understand why Zach wants this baby to have his own name.

Tina

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpenny

This is the first week where we can really see the effects of the new head writers.  It's not just that Zach is front and center for this SL, but I think the show overall is much better this week than anything we've seen in recent months (or even years).  I wouldn't judge the new writers on anything we've seen prior to this week.

This is a soap, so we can expect angst for Zach and Kendall.  It's needed to have a good story, it gives TK something to chew on (otherwise he would probably get bored), and it gives us the opportunity to watch his amazing talent at work.

I have faith the baby will survive because he's meant to be with Zach and Kendall.  I hope Zach and Kendall feel the same way.

ETA:  Plus, we've had enough murders and death on this show to last us for a long time.  I don't think the new writing team will want their first SL to be about a baby dying.

And, after everything that happened between Alex Sr. and Alex Jr. and with Ethan, I can totally understand why Zach wants this baby to have his own name.

I completely agree with everything you said. This is the first week, in a VERY long time where I enjoyed the show for reasons other than TK.
julie7

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
OK, people.  You have me close to convinced.  I'll bite the bullet and rewind my tape and start watching.  Thanks for the wise words! 

I'm still nervous but maybe when I start feeling really lousy, i can bring out the old Zen tapes for an upper.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpenny

Brownpenny I totally agree with everything you have said. 

We have been asking for a good s/l for Zach and Kendall front and center.  A good s/l does not mean minus angst and drama. Both Zach and Kendall are wonderful in their sweet and tender moments as a loving couple, but that is not what life is all about. Real life is filled with both physical and emotional hurdles to over come and so it is with this couple.

These new writers have given both TK and AM wonderful material to work with and as we have seen this week they both have given us award worthy performances. Yes, this s/l is not easy to watch, but it has all the necessary factors for real life drama and how different characters handle crisis situations.

I believe that little Ian will survive. As Zach said he is a fighter, just like Spike was, and he has Zach and Kendall's DNA. Ian's fight for life will give TK some memorable Zach moments to portray. I was so glad that they did not give  him a name connected with the past, but one that has hope for the future.  There has been enough death in PV. It is about time that we see  hope and a new life.

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
After I posted, I thought of a quote that stuck in my head from one of TK's interviews.  He said something to the effect that romance plays best when it gives the characters solace from whatever else is going on in the story.  This was definitely true during the SS SL and it will be true again now.  These real life events can only make Zach and Kendall's love stronger and their romance even sweeter.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.