Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My name is Meg and I have only seen AMC as a small child or on Soap Net when I am working late.

My Mom was devastated that this man might be leaving AMC. (she has a lot of time on her hands-retired).

I am setting her up to try to learn to post messages but nevertheless I have started to follow the board and it is amazing how well thought of this Zach is.

The few times I did watch the show  ( ok now I am watching a bit more) he has unique presence.  There is so much more there and the writing for lack of a better word sucks.

So I would not worry about him leaving he will be around and maybe go where his talents can really shine. Will he disappear , I doubt it very much.

If I have been inappropriate I apologize in advance but be grateful I did not start ranting about what I think of ABC or any major corporate SB's.

Okay bye.

Meg

Megan
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Well, welcome to you and your mom.

This site really is a wonderful place for TK fans.  You could spend hours on here . . . trust me . . . I've done it!!  LOL!

June

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Hi Meg - Bless your heart for helping your Mom - She has tons of company out here - Glad to have you and your Mom aboard - Hope that you post a lot more - Peggy

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Welcome, Meg and Mom!  You're a good daughter, Meg!!  Glad to know I'm not the only "computer-challenged" one here.  It's very easy to think well of a man as special as Thorsten Kaye.  Not only is he a phenomenal actor, more importantly, he's a good man.  I know you'll love it here.  Look forward to reading your posts!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

What Anne said goes for me too - TK is really a very special person and He and Susan are so devoted to each other and to McKenna and Marlowe - They are a beautiful family - Peggy

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thank You all for the warm welcoming.  My Mom really tries but with the exception of playing poker on line she just does not get it but I will get her up and running before you know it. She wanted badly to go to a book signing in Hoboken that was happening. ( Of course under the guise the book purchase was for my 20 month old who is still into Baby Einstein gear ).  Unfortunately I had other commitments and she was so disappointed.  I made it up to her though she is going to see a a preview of , " A Steady Rain ",  which has two of her other favorite actors together.  She is entitled to her little indulgences and believe me I had to call in a lot of favors for Jackman and Craig.  ( this is getting to worry me it's all younger men )

You guys seem really cool on here so if any other book signings occur could one of you e mail me please?  I am very preoccupied with work and may not check this site often. ( although it is kind of interesting and my Mother thinks she has a direct pipeline to the Zach Slater insider )

Peace All

Meg at ManhattanMolly@aol.com

Megan
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Welcome to TK's board!  You mom will love it here- trust me, she's in very good company & you are so sweet to set her up!  I hope she does get a chance to meet TK in person & get her book signed- she will never forget it & she will fall in love with the "mahn" as we all have!  And she needn't worry about a pretense for buying his book- all of us have done the same, but actually, the book is just as much for adults as for kids.  I have a 2 yr old  &  3 yr old grandsons & they are probably a little  young for it, but we read it to them anyway!  It's for all ages!  Tell your mom not to be shy about posting & to just "jump right in there" & she won't be sorry.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I swore I would not visit here tonight as I am on a deadline but you ladies are so cool.  She has to get on here, I think she would have a great time.  My daughter is only 20 months old and the only grandchild and there is no way she is at a level to understand poetry that may be geared towards older kids but I know my Mother had other motives and that really is great.  Atleast she is still alive inside and she sacrificed so much for us so if I can get her to a Paul McCartney concert or a play she likes or to Bethel to see the fields she ran wild in back in the days these are such little things compared to what she has done for me.  ( I still think she would prefer to see Zach Slater, he just does it for her )

Regards,

Meg

Megan
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmcpaddy
Thank You all for the warm welcoming.  My Mom really tries but with the exception of playing poker on line she just does not get it but I will get her up and running before you know it. She wanted badly to go to a book signing in Hoboken that was happening. ( Of course under the guise the book purchase was for my 20 month old who is still into Baby Einstein gear ).  Unfortunately I had other commitments and she was so disappointed.  I made it up to her though she is going to see a a preview of , " A Steady Rain ",  which has two of her other favorite actors together.  She is entitled to her little indulgences and believe me I had to call in a lot of favors for Jackman and Craig.  ( this is getting to worry me it's all younger men )

You guys seem really cool on here so if any other book signings occur could one of you e mail me please?  I am very preoccupied with work and may not check this site often. ( although it is kind of interesting and my Mother thinks she has a direct pipeline to the Zach Slater insider )

Peace All

Meg at ManhattanMolly@aol.com

We'll be glad to let you  know when we do another booksigning if your mom is not online by then.
Site Meter

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Welcome Meg and Meg's Mom!  BTW, love your posting name

Don't worry about your little girl being too young, I've gotten books for all 3 of my grandkids and only 1 of them can read right now.  The 3 and 4 year olds will be reading any day now if they take after their older sister and if not they will always have their own copy.

Quote:

We'll be glad to let you  know when we do another booksigning if your mom is not online by then.

I can't wait for the next one either, I'm sure I'll be needing another book by then!

Thanks Mon
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Meg,  Like your mom I needed alot of help (in my case from my son) to get the hang of this, but you'd be surprised how far an old lady's passion for Zach/Thorsten can take her. I learned to use several of the the computer /printer functions, plus the DVD, DVR, etc......anything that would increase my ability to watch and save "all-things-TK" in any form.  And I'm still expanding on those capabilities.Can't get enough of the man! Encourage her to keep at it; she won't be sorry. and in the long run it's probably good for our mental health. AND FUN!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Great for our mental health - Sure makes me feel better - Peggy

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Finally I got her on and without a doubt I think she will enjoy this. 

Megan
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Meg and Mom - Kathy, Christie, and Gina are so good - They really spoil us - You will really like it here - Peggy

mcpaddys_mom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Meg,  Like your mom I needed alot of help (in my case from my son) to get the hang of this, but you'd be surprised how far an old lady's passion for Zach/Thorsten can take her. I learned to use several of the the computer /printer functions, plus the DVD, DVR, etc......anything that would increase my ability to watch and save "all-things-TK" in any form.  And I'm still expanding on those capabilities.Can't get enough of the man! Encourage her to keep at it; she won't be sorry. and in the long run it's probably good for our mental health. AND FUN

Oh sure that's just what these kids think I have heard it a hundred times,  the old lady is losing it.  Well the old lady isn't dead yet and when I stop looking then they can close the box.  Until then I will enjoy myself.  I am getting very good with some electronic stuff, I do my own I-Pod and I don't need any help..yeah another sign of madness I have an I-Pod.  

I read all these posts and I think you girls have the same way of thinking as I do,  This man is something extraordinary .

Eileen

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:
 This man is something extraordinary .
Eileen

Ditto and AMEN!!!!! 

Welcome again Eileen!

Thanks Mon
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Eileen, I like the way you think!  Welcome to the board & btw- I really love your name & you can bet that Thorsten will, too!  Thorsten is most extraordinary!  PS- I have an Ipod, too, but it took me a whole yr to figure out what to do with it!  You're in good company over here.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Welcome, welcome to both of you.  You will certainly love it here.  

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.