Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
jennon

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

If we just started watching Port Charles now (Arianna stabbed by brother) how much longer do we have to go until Eve dies?

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 

I am sorry to say that at this point in PC time, Eve still has about another year left to make Ian's life miserable. And if you think she's bad now... ::::shudder::::

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

I have to admit, when I started watching Port Charles on Soapnet, it was toward the end, just before they made that Evil Libby vampire whatshername. There was no Eve.  THEN the story ended and they re-wound the show back to the arc before Time In A Bottle- which wasn't long ago. I didn't mind Eve then... but slowly, she started to irk me. I like this Adriana gal, and I wish she would live-- I have no clue what happens. But Eve is really starting to grate my nerves and I'm really starting to wish she had died on that island...

I don't remember who it was that told me I wasn't going to like Eve, but whoever you were, you were absolutely right. I WANT to FF through her scenes, but I CAN'T because Ian is in them!

So far, my opinion of Eve has changed from "LIKE HER" to

"There is nothing wrong with your HDTV. Do not attempt to switch to CBS. Brian Frons is controlling the transmission.
If he wishes to make it louder, he will bring up the volume. If he wishes to make it softer, he will tune it to a whisper. He
can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. He will control the horizontal. He will control the
vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and he will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe
and mystery which reaches from Megan McTavish's mind to... All My Children."

jennon

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I hate Ryan with the heat of a thousand suns, and I'm already up to about 750 with her.  Actually, she reminds me alot of him--same creepy stare, same smarminess, same self-centered as hell underneath a thin patina of fake selflessness.  She also has the same way that Ryan has of over-the-top forcefulness when she's pleading her case that borders on bullying.

Rachel

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Doesn't Eve still have a son she needs to give birth to?
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
Doesn't Eve still have a son she needs to give birth to?

Yes, Eve gives birth to Daniel Griffin Thornhart at the end of the Tainted Love arc.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Thanks Kathy-OMG I never saw PC-well this was a tear jerker-OMG is all that I can say.

ty

pam

"What did you learn today that you did not know yesterday?"

Thanks to Fil!
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks Kathy,  I cried the first time I saw this, nothings changed.

Take care,

Enis

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Great video, minimal Eve.  Love the poetry, but I don't recognize the poem.  If it's Yeats, I don't know it.  You know, I only became aware of Thorsten Kaye a few months ago--maybe September.  I've never connected actors to characters before, never cared. In 30 plus years of soap watching, I never crossed that bridge.  And I would be less than honest if I didn't say that I am still uncomfortable with the concept of "fan." I found this site by accident, trying to learn the history of his storyline after a 13-14 year hiatus.

But there is something about Thorsten Kaye that appeals to me on a level I can't identify clearly.  I never saw Patrick Thornhart, and on another board I read, he is not too popular.  They say he is an Irish cliche.  But I am Irish, and poetry has always fed my soul-- and Thorsten Kaye reads it so beautifully, so expressively.  And that is not an easy thing to do--I've heard prominent actors do the same, and fall flat. This is really one of his gifts.

And I love the complex, anti-hero role he plays in Zach Slater--self-tormented, existential romantic.  I think I see the same type of thing building in Ian--bad taste in women notwithstanding.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennon

Great video, minimal Eve.  Love the poetry, but I don't recognize the poem.  If it's Yeats, I don't know it.  You know, I only became aware of Thorsten Kaye a few months ago--maybe September.  I've never connected actors to characters before, never cared. In 30 plus years of soap watching, I never crossed that bridge.  And I would be less than honest if I didn't say that I am still uncomfortable with the concept of "fan." I found this site by accident, trying to learn the history of his storyline after a 13-14 year hiatus.

But there is something about Thorsten Kaye that appeals to me on a level I can't identify clearly.  I never saw Patrick Thornhart, and on another board I read, he is not too popular.  They say he is an Irish cliche.  But I am Irish, and poetry has always fed my soul-- and Thorsten Kaye reads it so beautifully, so expressively.  And that is not an easy thing to do--I've heard prominent actors do the same, and fall flat. This is really one of his gifts.

And I love the complex, anti-hero role he plays in Zach Slater--self-tormented, existential romantic.  I think I see the same type of thing building in Ian--bad taste in women notwithstanding.

Thorsten wrote Daniel.

And you know what they say -- opinions are like assholes --everybody has one. So please leave the Patrick haters' negative shit on the boards where you find it and do NOT bring it here. We have stated over and over it is not allowed -- and it is not welcome. This board is intended as a sanctuary from that.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Your board, your rules. But I only put it in there to accentuate that I've heard it,and I disagree with it. My greater point (which I thought that comment buttressed) was that I love the poetry, and that I think Thorsten Kaye is magnificent in his delivery of it.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennon

Your board, your rules. But I only put it in there to accentuate that I've heard it,and I disagree with it. My greater point (which I thought that comment buttressed) was that I love the poetry, and that I think Thorsten Kaye is magnificent in his delivery of it.

If you disagree with it, great -- disagree with it there. DO NOT BRING IT HERE.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Kathy,

From the bottom of my heart thank you for sharing that. This was my first time ever viewing that and I would have missed a treat had it not been for you. The poem was beautiful. The scenes touching in every way. TK was so beautiful and so very appropriate. 

He is amazing. I really hope AMC will really really allow him to show his depth and brilliance, even more so...Wow. That was amazing.

Thanks,

CAB

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab

Kathy,

From the bottom of my heart thank you for sharing that. This was my first time ever viewing that and I would have missed a treat had it not been for you. The poem was beautiful. The scenes touching in every way. TK was so beautiful and so very appropriate. 

He is amazing. I really hope AMC will really really allow him to show his depth and brilliance, even more so...Wow. That was amazing.

Thanks,

CAB

CAB, I'm glad you enjoyed it (you too, Jennon).

This video is on our Port Charles Videos page, along with some others that you may want to check out if you haven't seen them yet...you will see more breathtaking acting.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

That clip should come with a tissue warning.  Thanks for the quick link.  I'm just wondering if TK is losing some of his brogue or was he adding to it for Ian? 

P.S. My mother was born in Italy and still speaks with a very heavy accent, but her younger brother, my uncle, came over much younger and his accent is barely there. 

Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 

TK's from England not Ireland.  His brogue for Patrick and Ian's acting.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

TK's from England not Ireland.  His brogue for Patrick and Ian's acting.

Thank you. 

May

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Thanks for pointing to the video Kathy- and now I will not watch much more because I don't wanna be TOO Spoiled with that show...

BUT, was it just ME or did anyone else imagine that being Zach speaking to Kendall's baby--up until Eve came in? I still want the ragespawn gone, even if it takes it being a preemie.

"There is nothing wrong with your HDTV. Do not attempt to switch to CBS. Brian Frons is controlling the transmission.
If he wishes to make it louder, he will bring up the volume. If he wishes to make it softer, he will tune it to a whisper. He
can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. He will control the horizontal. He will control the
vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and he will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe
and mystery which reaches from Megan McTavish's mind to... All My Children."

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanna

That clip should come with a tissue warning.  Thanks for the quick link.  I'm just wondering if TK is losing some of his brogue or was he adding to it for Ian? 

P.S. My mother was born in Italy and still speaks with a very heavy accent, but her younger brother, my uncle, came over much younger and his accent is barely there. 

Hi Rosanna i'm Italian too. I've never been to Italy but would love to go someday.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.