Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Emeraldax

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Banners in the signature line, as below?  Is it too much?  Even if it is allowed, I wouldn't want to be the only person here doing it, so I might stick with the avatar.  Just asking - I can stick the banner on some other board.

Of course, if I screwed it up, the banner might not even be showing up, or will show up and then disappear tomorrow.  LOL.

ETA: Hmm...it seems to be taking up an awful lot of space - there's this huge white buffer zone around it.  And now my avatar has disappeared again.

ETA: No, the avatar is back. 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldax

Banners in the signature line, as below?  Is it too much?  Even if it is allowed, I wouldn't want to be the only person here doing it, so I might stick with the avatar.  Just asking - I can stick the banner on some other board.

Of course, if I screwed it up, the banner might not even be showing up, or will show up and then disappear tomorrow.  LOL.

ETA: Hmm...it seems to be taking up an awful lot of space - there's this huge white buffer zone around it.  And now my avatar has disappeared again.

ETA: No, the avatar is back. 

We don't have a problem with banners as long as they're reasonable size, say no more than 450px wide, and are hosted on an outside server. If they're hosted on another server that permits remote linking, then they should show up here with no problems. BTW, I don't see any banner in your post.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

I took the banner off last night.  I just put it back on so you can see how big it is, but I'll take it off again later.  I decided it was obnoxiously large for this forum.  I will use it in another forum, instead.

Someone is making me an avatar on the same theme, so when it is ready, I will use that here instead.

ETA: sigh.  Now it's not working again.  Maybe I should just get a stupid photobucket account.  Fotki needs to [insert rude alliteration joke here].

ETA: There!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.