Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
maresydotes

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Hi,

Whenever I add the latest chapter in the story I am posting in the Fan Fiction section I get stuck on Verdana font and the text does "wrap". It is almost one long line even though I am copying and pasting it from Word. I am unable to change the font and I have to manually adjust the text to fit in the area.

Thanks for your help!

Mary

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maresydotes

Hi,

Whenever I add the latest chapter in the story I am posting in the Fan Fiction section I get stuck on Verdana font and the text does "wrap". It is almost one long line even though I am copying and pasting it from Word. I am unable to change the font and I have to manually adjust the text to fit in the area.

Thanks for your help!

Mary

The default font setting for the board is Times New Roman. Although Verdana is the default setting for text in the text box when you compose a post -- text is converted to Times New Roman when it is posted to the board. To use any other font on the board, the font setting can be manually changed by the poster in order to override the default settings.

By the same token, any formatting present in a Word document that is copied and pasted into the text box -- i.e. font, line wrapping, line spacing, etc. -- should remain as is when posted to the board. That is a poster-dictated change, which overrides the default text box font setting. So if the font in your document is Times New Roman, then it should appear as Times New Roman (rather than the default Verdana) in the text box, and also on the board. Any body formatting present in the Word doc should also be preserved. (Assuming you are using IE 6.0, but I don't know if that makes a difference.)

If it's not, then I don't know what to tell you from my end.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.