Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Toasty Claus was busy working on December 16th to get all your Yuletime goodies ready for you! Just an FYI for those of you who ordered signed books: when you received your shipping notice, that was the day we printed the shipping labels. Thorsten was a madman signing gobs of books on Wednesday, December 16th, and Santa Toasty's Elves were packin' fools all that day.

Santa's sleigh was packed and delivered all the books to the USPO today for delivery, so keep an eye out under your chimneys for your holiday joy!

This is a portion of the books he signed!

Teresa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
WOW... amazing... Thank you Toasty Claus & his Elves for such an amazing Christmas gift.  BTW... Does TK ever take a bad picture? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Whoever is sitting next to him in the red shirt... well I "hate" you...lol J/K Lucky Lucky Ladies.... sigh

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the update Gina, and the absolutely freaking marvelous picture of Toasty Claus!  Teresa is right, the Mahn never takes a bad picture x 100........

A message from Sheela Mak who ordered the book and got the e-mail, she is not a member of this board, so asked me to post this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ladies, thank you, thank  you, thank you, I can't wait to get the delivery.  Sorry, I can not reply to the e-mail itself.  Thank you for the beautiful picture.  I am going to save this picture forever with the book and think that TK was signing MY book when you clicked, LOL.  If Toasty Clause is having writer's cramp, please send him to Chicago for a good massage
Thank you to Santa Toasty's Elves again!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The crazy woman hasn't stopped her happy dance since she saw the e-mail this morning.  I can only imagine what she will be like when the book comes

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Wow!  Gorgeous picture of TK.   You are some lucky ladies indeed.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Gina, thanks for sharing the photo and the info.  Thorsten must have been exhausted by the time he was done signing all those books, and you 3 also.  I must say I'm a little misty thinking about how wonderful he is signing all those and for all the people that bought the books, knowing that the proceeds will be used for such a good cause.  I can't wait to deliver the copies to The Haven, the kids are going to love them!

Thanks Mon
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Gina!!  Thanks so much for sharing.

I can't believe how many books were ordered!!  That is fantastic.  I'm sure you guys were busy bees yesterday, but it is for a good cause.

Looking forward to getting my copy.  My daughter is really going to "roll her eyes" at me this time.  LOL!!

June

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
You're quite welcome, ladies.  The red arm was Kathy's, but Christy's arm on the other side was out of the view finder on my camera.

I, of course, had the catbird seat, because I was directly across and got to look right at him all afternoon.   Seriously, thank you to everyone who bought one or more books - it will go for a great cause, and working with TK is always a pleasure! 

nascar88

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 

I'm looking so forward to getting my personalized TK book soon.    He is the mahn!!!!!!!!

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
You're quite welcome, ladies.  The red arm was Kathy's, but Christy's arm on the other side was out of the view finder on my camera.

I, of course, had the catbird seat, because I was directly across and got to look right at him all afternoon.   Seriously, thank you to everyone who bought one or more books - it will go for a great cause, and working with TK is always a pleasure! 

Gina...Thank  you  so much for sharing. WOW he signed all those books.That poor man his writing arm must of been really tired after all that signing. So looking forward to getting my copy.Oh mygosh,i could not get anything done with TK right there with YOU all.lol. How did you get any work done Ladies?lol.LUCKY Ladies. You are TK's ANGELS. Yep.TK is the BEST.So Love that GORGEOUS pic of TK.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Toasty Claus! hahaha I love it!  I love him!! Hes the best.  Thanks for the pics Gina.

Thanks Fil!
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

I know what you mean Mary - I met him twice at Disney and I never realized that the mind could block out good stuff till those times - I remembered everything said but pictures and a video someone shot one of the times helped a lot - I almost forgot the camera at least one of the times - When I found the video made by someone else I was almost afraid to watch but it was OK - Sure do love him - He is the best - Peggy

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy

I know what you mean Mary - I met him twice at Disney and I never realized that the mind could block out good stuff till those times - I remembered everything said but pictures and a video someone shot one of the times helped a lot - I almost forgot the camera at least one of the times - When I found the video made by someone else I was almost afraid to watch but it was OK - Sure do love him - He is the best - Peggy

Hi Peggy.TK sure is the BEST.I met him at Disney once & in Chicago. The first time i met him it was so surreal.I couldn't believe i met him.lol.He was just so down to earth and totally SWEET.As you know. I remember him saying to me Mary, is that with an I or Y.I think i said Y.lol.Was so nervous.Glad you didn't forget your camera.I know,i would of been afraid to watch on video,glad it all turned out OK.Yes,LOVE him to pieces.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Gina thanks so much for the Christmas present - Toasty Claus signing his books and thank you to the Elves for all their hard work.

I guess it's a hard job to look at him all day but someone has to do it right (lucky you)  LOL
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Gina, thanks for sharing the pictures.    I can't wait to get the books to distribute to those who wanted one, plus for those who I wanted to do something special for and what a great gift knowing the proceeds goes to such a great cause.

Gina, Christy and Kathy, thanks for everything you do and a very special thank you to Santa Toasty for taking the time to sign all those books.

Merry Christmas,

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
YAY!!  My copy just arrived!!  I felt so bad for the delivery guy having to deliver this is this blizzard, but oh well . . . I got my book!!

And Gina . . . it was VERY sweet and thoughtful of you to snap that picture right as TK was signing my copy.  LOL!!

June
Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Gina, thanks so much for the pic of Toastie Claus, and thanks to you elves for all the hard work.  I'm sure the books I ordered will be much appreciated, and their recipients are people who will love knowing the cause they represent.  Thanks again to Thorsten and all of you!

Kay

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

June - I was gong to say that - My daughter is getting mine for me and I thought of telling her I had a picture of him signing my book - It is better that we never know cause then we can all think it is our copy - We need some cheer-up things to laugh about this week - Peggy (Of course this blizzrd cleanup is a distraction)

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Christmas arrived at 7:56 this morning when the books were delivered to my door!  Now this Santa's helper will be able to get all of them to where they need to be by Christmas.  Thank you Thorsten, Kathy, Christy and Gina.  I hope you all have a safe, wonderful holiday

Thanks Mon
Teresa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 

No book yet for me... the way my luck has been going, it will probably get lost in the mail... sigh... TK makes me feel like a kid again at Christmas...such anticipation for an amazing gift. I can't wait!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa

No book yet for me... the way my luck has been going, it will probably get lost in the mail... sigh... TK makes me feel like a kid again at Christmas...such anticipation for an amazing gift. I can't wait!

I can't wait to get my book too. Yes,so excited here too.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Teresa and Mary - Just be patient - The books will be there - My daughter said mine came and is now in the mailroom where she works where she will pick it up today - I told her that is she had the time she could read it - Hope she does - Peggy

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #22 
According to the tracking info -- Mary, your book was delivered yesterday and Teresa, your book should be delivered today. So I hope that's the case.

If anyone has any problems with their order's delivery, please email us at giftshop-mgr@thorstenkaye.com.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I got my book yesterday. Thanks all! I'm thrilled!!!
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
According to the tracking info -- Mary, your book was delivered yesterday and Teresa, your book should be delivered today. So I hope that's the case.

If anyone has any problems with their order's delivery, please email us at giftshop-mgr@thorstenkaye.com.

Kathy,I got my book today. I just got home and my book was on my computer chair my dad put there for me to see.lol.  Scream,lol SO excited.My dad picked it up,he stoped our mail being delivered yesterday as we are leaving on vacation,,though he went at 9 in the morning to get our mail, yesterday it wasn't there so it must of came on the truck later.Thank you so much.

Awww, he wrote, to Mary,Love Thorsten Kaye.My day is made.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Yay for all of you who have received your books... Thank you Kathy for the info,I head home at 2:00pm so hopefully it will be there... waaaaahooooooo I can't wait.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #26 

No book for me today... maybe with all the bad weather in the east it has been delayed

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Received my copy and the one to give away on Saturday!  What a wonderful book.  Still waiting to hear if the one to CO got there yet!  Thanks so much for all you did to get these out and a big Thank-you to Toasty Clause.  The book it simply wonderful.  I have to say I read each poem once and some a few times.  Yes ..... I do have my favorites!  Now I want his other book as well.

Merry Christmas to all of you and please, please pass the message to TK of Thank you for taking the time to sign all of those books but for also writing it as well.  Now that he has some "spare " time maybe he can work on the next one?  Ciao to all!

Teresa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #28 
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I can't believe I have a little piece of TK in my hands.  I haven't been very happy as of late but this has definately brought a smile to my face.  Thank you so very much TK for brightening what has been a very dark few months.  I will always be a fan... I will always admire you... and you will always have a piece of my heart.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Oh Teresa!!  I'm so glad you got your copy.  I was really starting to worry for you!!

June

Teresa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #30 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Oh Teresa!!  I'm so glad you got your copy.  I was really starting to worry for you!!

June

June, I was starting to worry for me too...lol.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

So glad you got the book Teresa - I hope that things start looking up for you - You know you can talk to us here any time - We will be here - I think we are all depressed about what is happening - I know I am and the stress shows - My daughter is giving me the book and she is also giving me another Red Wing shirt - She is so good to me - The book came to where she works but they could not find it at Hopkins but they did eventually locate it - Hopkins has a lot of mail - Now that it is OK I can say it was a little funny as she told her dad that they delivered it but just didn't know to who - Was not funny then but is now - Just hang in there Teresa because you have a lot of friends here - Peggy

luv_at_first_byte

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Just recieved my Christmas present--woooo hoooo---Gave the mailman a big kiss on the cheek----Can you tell that I am happier than a --well yeah ---a pig in shit.--hahahaha
Thank you Kathy Christy and Gina---and a great big Thank You to TK for taking the time to personally sign all the books.

A Very Merry Christmas to all.

Fil

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
I wanted to let you guys know my friend Cheryl received her book.  She is a old grade school friend of mine, that happen to have found me on Facebook.  She saw my many pictures of TK and I (LOL how can she miss it given it is my profile picture ) and was totally jealous LOL.  Anyway she loves TK and when you guys mentioned the autographed book offer, I sent it to her specifically knowing she would be interested.  She wrote this to me
Quote:
Cindy I got my autographed book today in the mail, the book is magnificent. I can't wait to read it to the Grandkids!!! It will be on my coffee table for all to see
  She also said again that she has read it a few times already.  I need to thank you and TK for making this offer possible, you made a lot of people happy that don't or hasn't had the luxury, as many of us have, to meet him in person to get a signed book.

Thanks Again
Love and Merry Christmas to you all
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 

Woo hoo got mine.   Thanks!   Haven't met the mahn so I'm quite tickeled.

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
amcwatcher59

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #35 

Thank you all (Thorsten, Kathy, Christy, and Gina) I gave the book to my sister as a Christmas gift and she was very touched.  The poetry is beautiful as is the book itself and the autograph is the frosting on the Christmas cookie!!!

Teresa

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Loved, Loved, Loved the book... and I just received my CD & O... M... G... when his voice came over my speakers in my SUV this morning I almost wrecked... SWOON...  SIGH... Heart Palpatations... Thank you TK for whispering beautiful words to me anytime I want.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #37 
I received my autographed book and it is just lovely. Thank you all so much.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #38 
We're very glad to hear that books (and CD's) are being received and enjoyed!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #39 
The book has been received, enjoyed, and is currently the foundation of several writing lessons for my second grade students.  Ever since I used TK's poem "Old Friends" to teach the correct use of quotation marks to my second graders, I have been looking forward to finding ways to use his other pieces in my classroom.  Such fun!  And....now that I can no longer view him on my screen, this is another way to satisfy my addiction to all things TK.  I pop in his CD when I get to school to  listen to "that voice",  read his poetry and prepare my lessons.   Life can be good again.  Thank you to the generous and  multi-talented Thorsten Kaye, Kathy, Christy, and Gina.  You rock!

Deb
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.