Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 

It's Official: PP Suspends OLTL and AMC Efforts

Who didn't see this coming?

What I don't get is that even I with my non-head for business and primitive ability to add and subtract could figure out this would never work. Why couldn't they?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm so furious over this news.  Not really because it isn't happening . . . I really never put much faith in it and not to long ago I gave up all hope.  I wanted so much to see Zach Slater again that I really wanted this thing to happen.

But what makes me the most furious is that PP had AMC take away our beautiful ending.  How cool would it have been to see the Slaters 5 years down the road??  I would have loved that.  But PP made them leave us with a cliffhanger.

I am thankful that with the cliffhanger we got its easy enough to write our own ending.

So, for me, AMC ended with JR firing the gun to gain attention as a cry for help.  Everyone rushes to him and they cart his sorry ass off to rehab . . . AGAIN!! 

Jack turns on Erica and NEVER turns back.

Everyone else . . . eh . . . I don't really care about.

But then we have the Slaters . . . after a horrendus evening they are even more thankful to have a romantic get away planned . . . head to NY where Amelia Myrtle Slater is conceived.

Works for me!!

June

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Here is a link to the EW article on this subject.

Also, AFTRA has issued a statment that basically says they have been trying to reach PP for over a month to get contract talks started again . . . only to be ignored.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/23/plans-killed-to-take-one-life-to-life-and-all-my-children-online/

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

Just as long as he keeps going until he stumbles into the Pine Valley Quicksand Pit.

Oh well... at least Zach was happy at the end, that's all I really care about.

Seriously, the more I read about PP the more it sounds like one giant fake-out!

Susan Lucci says basically the same thing as AFTRA. http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/susan-lucci-prospect-park-rumors/

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Something is rotten in Denmark...and I dont like it...we are being played.  Sounds to me like the money people are getting panicing.  Not that there might be a reason.  I takes efforts on everyones part to make something happen...Like our countrys economy.  Everyone needs to give up some of thier luxurys. Its a great life if you have your needs met.  Wants are something...we dont have to have..Personally I would prefer to have my soaps than a new car every year...ABC is going to shrink...amazingly stupid programing choices ...oh well...Ill hide and watch....Happy Thanks Giving all...God bless
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

Just as long as he keeps going until he stumbles into the Pine Valley Quicksand Pit.

Oh well... at least Zach was happy at the end, that's all I really care about.

Seriously, the more I read about PP the more it sounds like one giant fake-out!

Susan Lucci says basically the same thing as AFTRA. http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/susan-lucci-prospect-park-rumors/

PV Quicksand pit............... brings back memories!  ITA on JackASS stumbling into it, LOL.  No matter how much Erica infuriated me at times, JackAss was the lamest "soulmate" she ever had!

As for PP  "We are extremely grateful to the fans and media who showed great support to us through this process, to ABC who did everything in their control to help,", I think they should have run the other way when ABC did ANYTHING to help!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Hard for me to swallow that PP could've been this naive & spent all that money buying rights in the beginning & not have some clue this was at least a remote possibility.  I am not impressed.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Post by Jam:  I am thankful that with the cliffhanger we got its easy enough to write our own ending.

So, for me, AMC ended with JR firing the gun to gain attention as a cry for help.  Everyone rushes to him and they cart his sorry ass off to rehab . . . AGAIN!! 

Everyone else . . . eh . . . I don't really care about.

But then we have the Slaters . . . after a horrendus evening they are even more thankful to have a romantic get away planned . . . head to NY where Amelia Myrtle Slater is conceived.

Works for me!!

This works for me too....

The pain of not seeing TK/Zach again?...is a hard pill to swallow!!...But for me, it is eased by the knowing that Thorsten has a new venture, on Primetime. Which I know he will ROCK!!.....so I draw comfort from that!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.