Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
No, seriously, while I can't exactly say I'll miss Jamie, there have been parts of this one's story that I've enjoyed (early Jamie/Babe stuff and early Jamie/Julia stuff) as much as I can enjoy any storyline that doesn't involve Zach. (g)

And kind of to my surprise, the Joe/Tad/Jamie scenes today resonated with me. Maybe because I go all the way back with each of the characters. At any rate, I thought all the actors did a wonderful job portraying the depth of their relationships to each other. It was nice just to have some simple, warm, human, scenes.

...hit ya!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
No, seriously, while I can't exactly say I'll miss Jamie, there have been parts of this one's story that I've enjoyed (early Jamie/Babe stuff and early Jamie/Julia stuff) as much as I can enjoy any storyline that doesn't involve Zach. (g)

And kind of to my surprise, the Joe/Tad/Jamie scenes today resonated with me. Maybe because I go all the way back with each of the characters. At any rate, I thought all the actors did a wonderful job portraying the depth of their relationships to each other. It was nice just to have some simple, warm, human, scenes.

...hit ya!

LOL about Jamie don't let the door, hit ya. Me too Kathy, I like his early scenes with Babe,and later with Julia.And yes,i also enjoyed the Joe,Tad,and Jamie scenes today.I agree,it was nice just to have simple,warm,human, scenes as you said.  I will  miss Jamie,but not alot.lol. I liked the actor.I think he is a good actor,Handsome too.lol. Wish him all the best.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

While there have been times when I have wanted to slap the crap out of Jamie, I have never really disliked him. I have been indifferent to him most of the time. But, he is an integral part of one of the core families of Pine Valley, and as such I do hate to see him go. I am afraid that the more members of the Martin family that we lose, the more damn Lavery's they will bring on, and that is totally unacceptable to me.

When AMC started, there were three core families, the Martins, the Tylers and the Kanes. The Tylers were phased out, and were replaced by the Chandlers (and to a degree by the Cortlands, although the Chandlers triumphed over the Cortlands in the end.), and I can live with that, mainly because DC owned the screen from the moment he came to town. But, I can not and will not accept the Martin family being phased out and replaced by the Lavery Losers. In order for the show to stay strong, it needs strong core families, not a gang of thugs and conmen posing as upstanding citizens. Zach Slater, because of his marriage to Kendall, is a part of the Kane family. I believe that Erica's apology to Zach and Kendall for the way she has treated Zach is the acknowledgment that Zach is now the head of that family unit. It has now become, in my opinion the Kane/Slater family, and will soon evolve into the Slater/Kane family. That still leaves us with the three strong family units.........and no place for the Lavery Losers. So, I hope they bring back Jamie (recast is fine), and even Jake, Jeff or anydamnbody, but keep the Martin family, and dump the trash that is Lavery.

JMO

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
There was one essential character missing in those scenes - Brooke.

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
There was one essential character missing in those scenes - Brooke.

You're right Christy, Brooke was the last of the Tyler family.....and I still miss her.  (And I'm still pissed as hell over her departure...but that is a subject for another rant.) 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 

ITA with many of you. I will miss Jamie --- watching this show from the beginning, I have warm memories of Grandma Kate, Ruth, etc. I also agree Brooke was missed big time!  Did they ever explain where "she went"? I don't recall hearing anything ... just 'poof' she's gone.  MEK was outstanding, as usual and I loved the whole interaction with the three generations. And, LORD SAVE US from the Lavery clan moving any more front and center!

In the midst of my hating Kendall and feeling so bad for Zach, the Martin scenes were a welcome respite.

ā€œIā€™m very intuitive, when I am not hallucinating.ā€ - Janet Dillon
zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Am I just being a hopeless romantic but did "Babe"/Alexa Havens tears seem real?   I thought so.  Her love in fantasy and reality is leaving.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I'm sort of disappointed by Jamie's rather hasty exit... didn't really care one way or another about him, but like Di's leaving, it seemed to come out of nowhere, and too rapidly.

Poor Jamie - he came in with a bang (haha - whatta double entendre!) and left with a whimper.
bralady38

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
We all knew that Jamie was leaving, so it wasn't a great surprise, and for the last couple of months he really didn't have a storyline. But, you are right he left quickly, at least we knew where he went, not like Brooke, who left without explanation

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bralady38
We all knew that Jamie was leaving

I didn't.   Why do I always miss the boat!!!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.