Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I hope you are being rescued by some noble people who are worthy of your gratitude and of your presence in their lives!  I hope you will find a woman who will love you with NO END, NO LIMIT, NO FEAR!  I hope you will find a TRUE SOUL MATE who will love ALWAYS, ONLY YOU!

We will never forget you, we know we will find you somewhere soon, hopefully, very, very soon!  Until then, we will cherish the memories of your awesomeness!

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I absolutely am not knowing how to handle this.  Just reading about today is literally killing me.  I am trying so hard not to cry or be sick in work.  I can't even eat my lunch.

How the hell can I watch it??  My heart just can't handle this heartbreak.

June

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

June

I started sobbing like a kid the moment Zach's fingers came into view! 

Gosh, if someone tries to remind me one more time that Zach Slater is a fictional character, I will throw something at them!

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I know Searose!!

I know he is fictional . . . I just don't happen to give a shit.

TK made him real!!

I'm sick!!

June

Dolly

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My heart is broken. I will never watch AMC again, because Zach is gone. It's just the way I feel.
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Zach....fictional????  Not in my house!!   That's what makes his absence so hard to take.  I miss him already, and that is a very real rock I will carry around forever.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
So my partner in work  knows how upset I am over this and as I was leaving work today she was like "you really know he isn't real, right??  If this is what you get upset over you are lucky!!"

Now I love this girl, but I was so freakin' pissed off!!  I said to her "you know what??!!  You have no freakin' clue so don't comment.  I told her she knows the stress I've endured over the last 2 years so I absolutely know what is real and not real.  It just doesn't make it any less painful!!.

I really wanted to tell her to go fuck herself!!

June

Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

June

I started sobbing like a kid the moment Zach's fingers came into view! 

Gosh, if someone tries to remind me one more time that Zach Slater is a fictional character, I will throw something at them!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Damn, searose.... you're killin' me.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
It saddened me so much to see his fingers as well and knowing he wasn't coming back that it was just a dream, what saddened me even more were his words and seeing his eyes well up. I cried a bucket for our beloved ZACH. So what if he was fictional, personally he was my favorite character on AMC and the reason I started watching AMC again. Now that he is no longer on AMC, I won't be watching after this. Hopefully TK will appear on another soap, OLTL or perhaps a Prime Time Drama so we can see our beloved TK at least once a week.
SHAME on you AMC and you deserve to be cancelled!

Forever a loyal fan and I will truly miss you.
ZachsLady
mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Post by Searose: I started sobbing like a kid the moment Zach's fingers came into view! 

I was truly overwhelmed with grief. I cried like a baby!! My husband looked at me and said
"I don't get it, you're crying like that over a soap character?" (forgive me) I snapped back with "I'm not asking you to understand!! and I couldn't give a flying fig whether you GET IT or not!" Which really didn't help my emotional state, because then I felt guilty for snapping at him as well.!!!

I am so glad to be able to come here and get this off my chest. I did later say sorry to my hubby for snapping at him (but not for what I said - does that make me a bad person?) And i am still hurting over loosing TK/Zach. I will hold onto my memories, cherish them and keep them save in my heart. And i shall never let them go.

Love you Thorsten and thank you for giving me and so many others *Zach Slater*

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

ITA with you Searose& all.Love you TK!!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Great post as always Searose

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Cherish is right Searose!! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

I think this is a problem we all share.....the inability of others to understand the depth of our emotional attachment to Zach. If you love him, you get it: if you don't love him, you"ll never get it. I'm lucky...my people don't REALLY  understand, but they accept and tolerate it with kindness. (Though I suspect they may think I go a bit overboard.)

AlwaysOnlyYou99

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I love Zach Slater. He has become a part of me. So has Zendall. I loved them so so much and believed in them with everything that is in me. I will miss Thorsten Kaye so much. Thorsten has this way about him, that draws ppl towards him. He is truly remarkable. I won`t say goodbye, because I know I will see you again.
Scorpiorising

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I agree with all of you. I will very much miss Zach Slater and am so grateful to have gotten to know him.  I also agree if you don't get it about really being invested in these characters and their stories, you just don't get it. AMC will not be the same without him. 
That being said, I am looking forward to seeing Thorsten Kaye in whatever new role he plays. Loved him in Port Charles, and OLTL , loved Zach Slater and can only wonder what comes next?
Mimi

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #17 

It's a sad sad day for me.... Zach is gone, poor kendall and the boys. I have been watching all my children for 35 years and it will not be the same without Zach Slater, I cried when you left and I just read you will not be coming back..on which it made me cry again. You will be truly missed, and All my children should of done more to keep you. I will be watching for you where ever you go..

Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I think it takes a special actor to make us feel such intense emotions about a character They came and went and I never really cared that much. TK brought Zach Slater to life and made him real for all of us!
I think TK knows we will follow him wherever he goes.
I was listening to Hurt by Christina Aguilera...made me very sad.
Zach Slater lives on in our hearts, Always only you!
Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

I said I wasn't going to watch after Friday but I did today and sobbed along with Kendall. I wasn't feeling for Kendall so much but for all of us who have lost this great character. I felt like saying to Kendall.."we are the ones who truly loved him, who reveled in his honor and dignity, his heroism which touched almost every life in Pine Valley, his constant need to give and give to those unworthy of his love, his love of all the children, his sacrifice to save his family which included friends that betrayed him, his powerful presence making heads turn as he passed by, his humor, his poetic spirit (which we find out was given to his niece and daughter), his enduring courage to rise above the mundane drama and love and love and love...no matter what. Good grief I will miss you and miss the energy that kept me going through the worst crisis of my life and made me smile, cry and feel for all you said and did. You are my hero Zach Slater and I do hope you are being rescued by a loving heart (rather than hart) who will never betray your love. I can see you now and you are beautiful.

amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

I just don't know if I can watch it.  

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #21 
They had a friendship that wasn't just special...it was sacred.

Thank you, Opal!  That was perfectYou should have conducted the memorial. Father Statefarm did not belong there! There were many things that brought tears to my eyes and many things that made me want to punch my fist through the TV screen.  I did feel that Zach got his due even though, IMO, some of the characters (*cough cough* Ryan and Greenlee *cough cough*) didn't deserve to open their mouths, much less be there.  I want to say a lot more but I am just too wrung out but at the same time, numb.  Site Meter

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Christy, I hope you will say more when you feel up to it.  I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of time they devoted to Zach related scenes and that they kept other crap off the episode, and even Caleb/camel scenes were not too annoying.  As far as the memorial itself, I had posted my reaction on the Sneak Peek thread that I will just copy here:

It was a difficult hour to sit through.  Gosh, my tears started the moment Spikester revealed his Red Wings Tshirt to The Sperm Seller!  And how fitting that Opal spoke so fondly of Zyrtle, " A Match Made In Heaven"!!!!!!!!!!!  Erica bringing up the fantastic waste of sequins and feathers, LOL.  I loved, absolutely LOVED Ian and then Spikey kissing Daddy Zach's photo at the end!  It was rather predictable that the show would conclude with the famous three words....... Always, Only You!!!!!!

In the true AMC fashion, they managed to disappoint me with some things: 

Why did they have Bitchanca ask The Sperm Seller (No, it is too late to take your words back) to speak?  I think THAT was more out of place than if Liza had been there.  I wish they had at least shown us Liza remembering Zach, her Black Knight, even if she was not at the memorial.

Why were Martin jackasses there (especially Thadeass's totally hypocritical words), but no Jesse Hubbard in sight?

Not to mention, rewriting history?  At Kwak's place, why did Thadeass tell Kendall that HE helped Zach track down ACS?  From what I remember seeing on screen, ZACH figured it all out on his own, one step at a time (Vegas, ACS being alive, Red Rock, and so on), and Thadeass and Ryass were actually in Vegas jail when Zach found Kendall being held hostage.  I guess we can't expect much better from a murderer who let ZACH take the rap for him and never, ever showed his gratitude for it all.  UGH! 

I guess it all doesn't matter now, I know I will never tune into this farce of a show, unless Mr. Kaye decides to make an appearance (or more).

So I guess it's time to say Goodbye Zach, be happy wherever you are!

Once again, A MILLION THANKS TO MR. KAYE FOR GIVING US THE IMMENSE PLEASURE OF WATCHING ZACH SLATER!

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
The tears began as soon as Tad mentioned Zach to Kendall. Kendall was sitting in the same chair as Zach had been, when he took his boys for Ice-cream! and those thoughts just bought on the full waterworks....(the sleeves of my sweat top, used as tissues) I have never cried so hard for so long, in my life before!
The realization of losing TK/Zach!!!! OMG just typing these words, my throat is tightening.... This is just too much to cope with right now.................................sob!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
I have to say I was impressed by Zach's memorial mostly because they brought up so much of the TRUTH of who Zach was to this group....all the lives he saved despite putting up with their abuse afterward. NO....Ryan and the Green Monster shouldn't have been there. Thank God Opal spoke of the soul of Zach..the soul that Myrtle saw so dearly and loved no matter what. SHE was only one who really loved him and I can see them playing poker and drinking.
If Bianca speaks of his daughter...then WHY is she not there with her brother? Where is his beloved niece? I did love Erica speaking about Vegas (FINALLY!) and admitting he saved her. Saving the boys...saving so many and dying saving more. I couldn't stop crying through it all....like Zach I am gone now from anything to do with Pine Valley. What a beautiful character and man....may the Red Wings fly you home.
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Guys, just reading the recaps has me hysterical.  I know I could never watch this and be able to put it behind me.

I haven't watched AMC since Zach's last day and I won't until he comes back.  Which I hope and pray he does . . . someday soon.

June

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly

What a beautiful character and man....may the Red Wings fly you home.

Beautifully said, Kelly.
I'll give AMC props today.  I think Zach's memorial was very well done.  My tears started the minute Kendall woke up on that couch, and only got worse as the photos were laid out, and Spike revealed his Red Wings shirt (Ian should have had one too!), and then when they kissed him  goodbye...that pretty much put me over the edge.  I love that Zach's relationship with Myrtle was given it's due, and I wasn't even bothered so much by some of the other "speakers" who had questionable relationships with Zach.  I thought it was very appropriate that it ended with "Always, only you."  Like her or not, Kendall was the love of Zach's life, and I think this memorial gave us all a way to say goodbye to Zach.  Not to TK, but to Zach.....
Kudos to Lish.  I'm pretty sure some of those tears were very real. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly

What a beautiful character and man....may the Red Wings fly you home.

Beautifully said, Kelly.
I'll give AMC props today.  I think Zach's memorial was very well done.  My tears started the minute Kendall woke up on that couch, and only got worse as the photos were laid out, and Spike revealed his Red Wings shirt (Ian should have had one too!), and then when they kissed him  goodbye...that pretty much put me over the edge.  I love that Zach's relationship with Myrtle was given it's due, and I wasn't even bothered so much by some of the other "speakers" who had questionable relationships with Zach.  I thought it was very appropriate that it ended with "Always, only you."  Like her or not, Kendall was the love of Zach's life, and I think this memorial gave us all a way to say goodbye to Zach.  Not to TK, but to Zach.....
Kudos to Lish.  I'm pretty sure some of those tears were very real. 
[/QUOT

Kelly, beautifully said, and Anne, I totally liked how Lish has been performing these past weeks and the emotional drain she must feel at the end of the day.   I agree, like her or not, Kendall was the love of Zach's life.    Two take aways, I loved Spike's shirt but I think Ian should have had one on as well.   JMO.   Then I loved Opal's speech as well as Kendall saying "Zach is not gone forever, he is just taking another journey across the sea and I'll be here waiting for him".   

Christy, thanks for the beautiful picture.

Beverly

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 
I, too, thought the memorial service was a lovely tribute to Zach.  I didn't even mind Ryan, because it was true that he and Zach always buried the hatchet where Spike was concerned.  AM is doing a tremendous job portraying Kendall's despair and grief.

My husband told me tonight how sorry he was for me that my favorite actor wouldn't be on anymore.  Usually he just gives me grief about my TK love, but I guess it was hard to make fun of me when I was sitting in front of the tv sobbing.
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

Beautiful tribute to Zach & I have no complaints.  If I had one wish, it would have been more flashbacks & I'd like Ian to have worn a RWs jersey, too.  I think it was tasteful & just as Zach would've wanted.  I've been in a puddle all day- having my own family crisis isn't making watching any of this any easier- but I made it to the other side.  It's been a wonderful journey these years with Zach Slater & I'm just waiting now for news of Thorsten coming back to our tvs somewhere soon.  Thanks for the memories, Thorsten!  There will never be another character like Zach Slater- unforgettable!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
   Thank you Christy for posting a good clear copy of Zach's memorial portrait. I really hoped someone would. The frequent close-ups of that pic was what got me through yesterday's episode. It was a well done tribute IMO, and triggered so many memories and so much love, sorrow, and tears that I needed those moments of getting lost in his beautiful eyes. I feel an emptiness now that will hover over me until Thorsten finds some way back to us. As many of you have said, I think Zach could still be alive somewhere, but as long as he is "gone" from my screen I will be in mourning for him. 
      Hey, Thorsten, I'm getting pretty old (80 next week) so I can't afford to wait too long. Please come back somewhere somehow and SOON!  Love....always....no matter what. Pat
amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Life and times of Zach...

Did you see the article about AM wanting Kendall to grieve?

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcgirl

no i haven't seen that article.I started to cry when i saw Spike have on his Red Wings T-shirt.That little boy is too cute for words.A good actor he is.Awww and when Spike&Ian kissed Zach's photo,LOVED that,AM is doing great in her scenes,She has brought me to tears in them.I agree with all it was a great tribute to Zach.I also was hoping for some flasback scenes,but they did a really good job in the tribute to Zach.Since this is a soap we all know TK could and i think will return one day probably on the day Kendall is about to marry Griffin or dare i type this Ryan.lol.

If you read this, I LOVE YOU TK.You never disappointed your fans,You made Zach so real and that is the mark of one BRILLIANT actor you are.Wishing you the BEST always!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcgirl

This what I found online... way to go Alicia!!!!!

In the latest SOD, Alicia (Kendall) talks about how she approached TPTB and fought for Kendall. Donna Swajeski (AMC Co-Head Writer) gave an interview a few weeks ago that enraged fans when she announced they were killing off Zach, AND were eventually going to make Kendall and the new Dr. Griffin lovers angry Alicia knew about this and was NOT having it. According to her, she went to the writer's and asked them to please slow things down and let Kendall be single and independent for awhile! Let her continue to grieve for Zach like she should be, don't rush her into any new romantic relationship any time soon. Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin) agreed with her! AM wants the show to respect Zendall, as well as Kendall fans. She thinks her words had an effect on them because she's taped some scenes well into the new year and Kendall is still intensely mourning Zach as she should be! Kudo's to AM for loving her character so much and fighting for her! I couldn't agree with her more, keep Kendall single and let her be independent!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
I'm a little late with my comments about Zach's memorial but here goes.

I LOVED IT.   I loved it first of all because I liked hearing everyone acknowledge FINALLY what Zach did for them and how he helped them (the REAL hero of PV).   All these assholes who never once gave him his due when he was alive finally realized who this man was.    I loved Spike, ON HIS OWN,  putting that Red Wings shirt on mostly because it showed his love for his real dad and it showed the asshole who is suppose to be his dad how much he loved Daddy Zach and that Daddy Zach left is mark on this boy (if Ryan had died would Spike even realize he was gone).   I loved Kendall FINALLY talking to Ian about his dad and both boys kissing daddy's picture.   I too believe both girls should have been there because this is a man they both love and who held a special place in their hearts.   I loved what Opal said because I was thinking the same thing, Zach and Myrtle having one hell of a good time together.  I loved Kendall's words about him saving Spike and Ian and her (so true) but I also loved her saying how sacred he was about building a life with her and yet he went for it.    I actually liked what the Rev said because this was who Zach was.   He had a horrible childhood and yet came to be this wonderful family man.    I even liked what Ryan said because they had him admit that he was not nice to Zach and he acknowledged that Zach was Spike's dad.   GL, of course, was all about her.   She should have said how Zach's family kept him going in that hole and when the picture on his phone went out how lost he felt.   I too felt Jesse should have been there because in the short time they knew each other they connected and actually liked and respected each other.   I would have truly loved to hear what Jesse would have said about Zach.   I loved the picutres and remembering each scene as I looked at them made my heart hurt.   Such wonderful memories of TK's fabulous work these past six years.   

For once AMC gave Zach's fans something good, I only wish they gave him this much attention when he was there.   Kudos to Lish for turning in some great work.  I personally think Lish has come very far as an actress and working with Thorsten has a lot to do with it.  I'm sure he is very proud of her.

For me that was my last AMC show after watching my entire life and that hurts but watching this crapfest hurts more and without TK it's not worth my time.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.