Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

AMC Plans James Mitchell Memorial

AMC will memorialize PalmerThe recent passing of James Mitchell -- who played Palmer Cortlandt on All My Children for over 30 years -- has saddened us all. The question on everyone's minds has been: Will All My Children acknowledge this? The answer is: Yes. Not only will the show recognize the passing of Palmer Cortlandt, but they plan to give him a tribute that is fitting to James's long tenure on the show. Moral of the story: Palmer (and James) will be honored [expect classic clips!].

No airdate has been set, but expect to see it later this spring -- allowing for the arrival of new headwriters Donna Swajeski and David Kreizman to work with the rest of the team on a proper memorial.

What were your favorite Palmer storylines?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OKaye, finally, ABC/AMC are getting their act together, paying tribute to Palmer AND James Mitchell!  If any of you finds out the airdate before I do, please post it here   Sadly, there weren't any significant scenes of Palmer and Zach together, but I do plan to watch that episode.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for posting this, Searose. I was just talking with a formerly AMC watching friend who wanted to know if AMC was doing a Palmer memorial show so now I can pass on the news to her.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

AMC Plans James Mitchell Memorial

Thank you for the news.  I haven't watched one second of AMC with Thorsten gone, but will crank up the VCR to see this.  Please (I'm sure someone will anyway) keep news on when posted here.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Soapnet posted some update on the memorial, but I still don't know when it is happening........ :
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daisy & Nina Return to All My Children

Nina and Daisy return to AMCHappy news to report: Although it's for a sad occurrence, Taylor Miller and Gillian Spencer will be reprising their All My Children roles of Nina and Daisy Cortlandt (respectively) in April to mark the on-screen passing of Palmer Cortlandt -- played by the late, great James Mitchell.

Yes, this means that AMC will be addressing the death of Mitchell, and his on-screen alter ego Palmer, in an upcoming episode. The actor passed away in January. Recently, new All My Children headwriters Donna Swajeski and David Kreizman told us that they plan on using Palmer's death as a springboard for some exciting new stories.

Taylor played Palmer's much put-upon daughter, Nina, from 1979 to 1989. She was last seen in January, when she appeared on the 40th anniversary episode.

Gillian played Nina's mother Daisy -- Palmer's first (and third) wife -- also from 1979 to '89. Daisy was last seen in 1995 when she was trying to get Palmer back with his (seventh) wife, Opal. Arguably, Opal and Daisy are tied as the loves of Palmer's life (who can forget Daisy's endearing nickname for him -- "PC"?).

As more details about Palmer's memorial develop, we'll let you know.

What were your favorite Nina or Daisy stories?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"using Palmer's death as a springboard for some exciting new stories."

I am guessing, one of the "exciting" new stories will be for the village ASS to "get sneaky" and take over Palmer's business from under Joonyer's nose and go around bragging about it  

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

You know what Searose, you probably got that right with your last comment.  I would not put it past them to give the Resident Hero(NOT) the leading roll in this too. - Peggy

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I'll give AMC credit for this one...  It was a nice tribute to James Mitchell.  Great to see some old cast members again, and the flashbacks brought back some wonderful memories.  Some of the tears looked very real.  And, Dixie welcoming Uncle Palmer "home" was a fitting way to end it.  Well done, AMC!  

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM
I'll give AMC credit for this one...  It was a nice tribute to James Mitchell.  Great to see some old cast members again, and the flashbacks brought back some wonderful memories.  Some of the tears looked very real.  And, Dixie welcoming Uncle Palmer "home" was a fitting way to end it.  Well done, AMC!  

I was hoping for some Chicken Shack flashbacks but I guess we were lucky to get as many flashback scenes as we got - unfortunately, on my TV, they were all completely distorted!  But Daisy and Nina looked great anyway!  The ending was a real killer but honestly, I can't picture Palmer in soft focus wearing white robes for eternity.

I watched the movie Deep In My Heart on TCM recently and was pleasantly surprised to see a segment featuring James Mitchell dancing to music from The Desert Song - he was just breathtaking.

Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

I can't believe how emotional I was watching this show and was weepy throughout. It really did bring me back to all the years I have watched these "legendary actors". He really was unique and will be missed. I do miss the good old days...I have to say. The show without Thorsten just doesn't have any of it's former glory. I too loved seeing Nina and the family. No Petey though. It was done well.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM

I was hoping for some Chicken Shack flashbacks but I guess we were lucky to get as many flashback scenes as we got - unfortunately, on my TV, they were all completely distorted!  But Daisy and Nina looked great anyway!  The ending was a real killer but honestly, I can't picture Palmer in soft focus wearing white robes for eternity.

I watched the movie Deep In My Heart on TCM recently and was pleasantly surprised to see a segment featuring James Mitchell dancing to music from The Desert Song - he was just breathtaking.

Somehow, I just KNEW I would miss the episode, just like I had that sneaky feeling I would be gone during Zach's magnificent 25 seconds and DC/JB departures.  Thanks to the mods here, I got to watch all of Zach, and thanks to my sec., I will get to watch Palmer/JM memorial since she was kind enough to tape it for me!  After reading your comments, I am eager to watch!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.