Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
ninekaronas

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Flash. Poof. Gone.

Kendall rubbed the key in her fingers and took one last look around the room. Her club was ready to go, all decorated in oranges and blacks, with eerie lighting and fake smoke, just the thing for a very special Halloween night. Tonight, ConFusion was not just a club—it was the hippest, most happening place in Pine Valley. Kendall had received special permission to open her doors to all ages for the evening so that families with their children could stop by for the festivities. She had sent personalized invitations to almost every person of note in town and was expecting quite a turnout. Beyond that, she had no idea what to expect. She knew that her husband would be there soon to act as co-host, although she had no idea how he would be dressed (he wasn’t really a costume type of guy, but he had been known to surprise her now and again) and that many other people had RSVP’d saying that they would attend.

Seeing a crowd start to gather outside, Kendall took a deep breath, smoothed her costume one last time and, with a smile, turned the key in the lock and threw open the doors…

"Wait!" she heard someone yell behind her. Kendall turned to see Zach rushing toward her. "Not yet," he said to the entering guests as he sent them back outside and re-locked the door. Kendall stood back and watched as he charmed the disgruntled partygoers, and then turned his charm on her.

"So," she said as she looked into his face. "What's this all about?" "Nothing," he said sheepishly. "I just wanted a minute alone with my beautiful wife before everything got too crazy." He pulled her close and kissed her. "You know, that silver tongue of yours should be a crime," she laughed. "No, that dress is a crime," he said as he pulled away from her. "You like?" she said, twirling around slowly. She was dressed as a witch, but not the wart-on-the-nose kind. No, she was the sexiest witch he'd ever seen. Her long, black, skin-tight dress was cut low in front and was completely backless. The long sleeves flared out at the wrist, just like the hem which formed a small train. Her hair was wild and unruly.

"Oh yeah, I like," Zach said as he looked her up and down. "I like a lot! But why the dragonfly pin?" he said with a mischievous grin." "Zach Slater! Are you saying I really am a witch?" she asked with mock outrage. "No. Never," he said innocently, then pulled her close for another kiss. "Good answer," she whispered against his lips.

"Okay now," she said, stepping out of the circle of his arms. "Let's have a look at you. What are you supposed to be, Zach?" she asked as she took in his outfit. He was wearing black. All black. Expensive black suit, black shirt and black tie. He even had a black carnation pinned to his lapel. He looked wickedly gorgeous. "I," he said, clearing his throat, "am Alexander Cambias, Jr." "Oh," she replied. "I was gonna guess Satan." "Same thing," he said as he took her hand and led her back to the door. "Okay, Mrs. Slater, let's get this party started before I decide to keep you all to myself."

They stood aside and watched the crowd file in. They saw Julia and Jamie come in dressed as Sonny & Cher, only Julia was Sonny and Jamie was Cher. David came in dressed as a judge, trailed by Amanda who was wearing a bailiff's uniform. Simone came dressed as Austin Powers and kept asking everybody if she made them "randy." Ryan and Annie walked in dressed as Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. "Lavery, where's your costume?" Zach said as he passed.

Kendall had to laugh when she saw Dixie's costume. She had already been warned by Babe that Dixie had rented a catsuit for the party. "Not too desperate," she'd said. But in walked Dixie with a fluffy white kitty costume, complete with fluffy white ears and a pink nose. Not the least bit sexy. Tad trailed behind her dressed as Clifford the Big Red Dog. "Somebody's Freudian slip is showing," Zach cracked.

Babe came in with Josh, but JR was nowhere to be seen. Babe was dressed as a fairy princess and Josh was her Prince Charming. Kendall rolled her eyes and walked over to Babe. "Here," she said as she shoved the dragonfly pin into her hand. "You need this a hell of a lot more than I do. But I want it back." She turned to walk away, smiling at her laughing husband, then changed her mind. "You know what, I'll take that back right now. You've already proven that you're capable of stealing anything. Just ask Bianca."

Kendall looked up in time to see Ryan walk over to the bar and order a couple of drinks. Suddenly there was a bright light and a puff of smoke. And Kendall heard an organ. "What the hell?" she said as she looked around the room. "Where did that organ music come from?" When she turned back to Ryan, he was gone. She looked at Zach, who just shrugged. "It's Halloween," he said and walked away.

----------------------------

Kendall and Zach made their way to a corner table after mingling for more than an hour. Kendall had become accustomed to the light flashes, the puffs of smoke, and no longer even flinched at the organ chord. But seeing David Hayward and Myrtle working together was too much horror, even for Halloween. They watched as David banged his gavel on the table at everybody who walked past. He'd tell Amanda who he wanted to see, she would bring them in front of him, and then he would proceed to air all their dirty laundry in public. Nobody escaped his wrath. He told his victims that he was there to expose their pasts and Myrtle, who was dressed as a fortune teller, would expose their future.

"What's going on here, Fargate? What are you doing hanging out with David Hayward?" Zach asked as he kissed her bejeweled hand. "What do you mean, dahlin'? You know I have a weakness for dark, brooding men." There's dark, and then there is the abyss. Careful you don't fall in," he said. "I'll be careful. Now sit down and let me tell you your future," she cajoled. "Oh no. I know everything I need to know, Myrtle. She's sitting right over there, and I need to get back to her before somebody steals her away." "Not possible," Myrtle said to his retreating back.

"So, tell me," Zach said as he sat down next to Kendall. "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" "I'm very, very good at being very, very bad," she whispered into his ear. "Hold that thought," he said as he raced to the bar to refill their glasses. Kendall watched as another person, this time Simone, fell victim to the puff of smoke. "Thank God," she said aloud. "If she told me to 'behave' one more time, I was gonna have to kill her."

Kendall looked around the room, noticing that the crowd was thinning. She didn't know exactly what time it was, but it didn't seem all that late. Was she throwing a bad party? She lost her train of thought when JR walked up to her wearing a lobster costume. She couldn't stop herself from laughing in his face. "I know, I know. Laugh it up, Kendall. You know how hard it is to find a costume at the last minute?" he whined. "Listen, have you seen Babe around here? I can't find her and I know she's off somewhere with that psycho brother of yours."

"Shouldn't you be out in front of Red Lobster passing out coupons?" she heard Zach say behind her. "Take a hike, Junior, and stop bothering my wife." JR glared at Zach, but said nothing. "Why don't you go get yourself a drink?" Zach continued. "Maybe I will," JR threatened as he made his way to the bar. "I'll get him," Zach said before Kendall could ask. She watched as Zach went to stand next to JR, then reached into his pocket and threw some kind of powder on him. Kendall gasped as she saw the flash of light and the puff of smoke. She looked around, waiting for the organ. And it came. She looked back and JR was gone.

"How did you do that?" she asked Zach when he returned to her side. "Do what?" he said casually. She gave him a pointed look. "Myrtle taught me," he said finally. They both looked over at Myrtle, who raised her glass to them. "Here I am, thinking my party is boring, and all the while my co-host is getting rid of the guests one by one. Am I right? Is that what you're doing?" she asked. "That about covers it," he said with a grin. "But why?" she asked. "Because I want to be alone with my wife, that's why."

Kendall giggled as Zach buried his face in her neck. "Oh, well, in that case," she said, rubbing her hands together, "who's next?" Zach lifted his head and gave her a wicked grin that left her weak in the knees. "Your choice," he said. Kendall looked around the room, weighing her options, when Babe walked into her line of vision. "Oh, definitely her," she said. "It's time for her to turn back into a pumpkin anyway." "As you wish," he said as he kissed her cheek and walked over to Babe, who was standing by the bar. He turned to Kendall and winked before throwing the powder on Babe. Flash. Poof. Gone. No more Babe.

-------------------------

"I swear, if David bangs that gavel one more time, I'm gonna make it a permanent appendage," Kendall said throught gritted teeth. Zach sprang into action. "Looks like we found our next victim," he said cheerily. Kendall watched him talk David into joining him at the bar, then she watched David disappear, gavel and all.

The rest of the night went pretty much the same way. Kendall picked the victim, Zach made them disappear. All except Myrtle. She opted to leave when the crowd got so thin there were no more fortunes to tell. When there was nobody left but him and Kendall, Zach walked over and locked the doors. "I thought they would never leave," he said upon his return. He pulled Kendall to her feet and wrapped his arms around her.

"So, we're finally alone my sexy little witch. Time to have a little fun. Tell me, did you bring your magic wand?" Zach said in her ear. "The question is, Zach, did you bring your magic wand?" He cocked an eyebrow and gave her a very dark look. "Mmmmm hmmmm. I take it everywhere I go." She felt herself flush from his gaze. "Then it's time to go home and have some BIG fun!" she giggled as she took his hand and led him out the door.

THE END

Banner by Sharon
Granny

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

9K! 

I don't know which was the best!  Seeing your writings back here or your heavenly delicious banner - "You want to touch me where!"  Oh my gosh!  You are bad!  AND I think I need CPR!

Welcome back!  We're ready for more of your stories!  Granny

Thanks, Sharon, for putting Zach and Kendall in my backyard. Thanks, Karen, for attaching this to my posts.
melian22

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Aww 9K that was fantastic! Thanks for sharing

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I know I need CPR/oxygen!  What a banner!  Don't tell anyone, but I DID touch that gorgeous chest in NJ!!  I have a video to prove it!

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

I know I need CPR/oxygen!  What a banner!  Don't tell anyone, but I DID touch that gorgeous chest in NJ!!  I have a video to prove it!

What do you mean "don't tell anyone?" Girl, I'd tell EVERYONE... and make 'em watch the video!

9K, loved the story!
Roseann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

9K, What a great Halloween Tale!  Enjoyed the story very much..along with your banner.   Hope you have some more stories in the works....

Roseann

tkaddicted

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

9K, what a great short story.  I just found it tonight, but it was perfect!  Your banner is so much, I almost dropped to the floor.  WOW!

Thanks for the banner, Diva!
Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

9K Great Halloween Story!  Just got to read it today, one day late.  Well, better late than never.  Your banner, well, I'd hate to measure my blood pressure right now.

zendall44

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Thoroughly enjoyed your delicious story.  I've really missed your writing.  As for your banner ... I think I need oxygen!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.