R U F'ing KIDDING ME????

Jacob Young - best supporting actor
Linsey Godfrey - best supporting actress
Pierson Fode - best younger actor
Reign Edwards - best younger actress
Ashlyn Pierce (Aly) - best younger actress

I will cheer Linsey on... and maybe Ashlyn Pierce for crazy Aly,

but Thomas???  NO WAY!!

And they seem to have left out one VERY IMPORTANT PERSON!! [2fingers][wtf][burnup]
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderella
R U F'ing KIDDING ME????

Jacob Young - best supporting actor
Linsey Godfrey - best supporting actress
Pierson Fode - best younger actor
Reign Edwards - best younger actress
Ashlyn Pierce (Aly) - best younger actress

I will cheer Linsey on... and maybe Ashlyn Pierce for crazy Aly,

but Thomas???  NO WAY!!

And they seem to have left out one VERY IMPORTANT PERSON!! [2fingers][wtf][burnup]

Yeah i'm pissed!!!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
No words for this travesty. TK did such superb work last year and if he didn't get a nomination nobody should have gotten a nomination!

I would add that I won't be watching -- except the Daytime Emmys aren't being broadcast this year. Seems fitting!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITA Kathy, it's a travesty, it is mind boggling how anyone could come up with the list they did.  Sorry for violating the "no actor bashing" rule, I never have violated them before, but some of the nominees (in both lead and supporting categories) have one single expression on their faces ALL THE TIME, and THEY made the list??????????  WTF????????  But then again, I know some of the greatest actors of the older generation never received the Oscars they deserved, yet they were and still are the winners of our hearts [bowing]  Mr. Kaye is a winner in our eyes every single moment he is on our screens [bowing]  [bowing]

Yes, very fitting that the award ceremony is not being broadcast this year, it doesn't deserve to be on air [explode]

I would not hold anything against Pierson Fode` though.  It is not his fault that the character is a rapist.  IMO, he has been doing a fine job with what he has been handed.

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I don't understand I really don't. What amazing performances with saw the last two years from Thorsten Kaye......
I am very very happy for Linsey and I bet Thorsten is too. She deserves it, she is an amazing actress. Both are unbelievable good actors.

Melanie

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
What does it take to get nominated for an Emmy???? I'm so disappointed that Thorsten didn't get a nomination[frown] He had such a wonderful year! I guess the nominating committee doesn't know talent! Seriously, some of them (not just B&B) didn't deserve to be nominated![frown]

Thorsten Kaye!❤️❤️
CaRidge!❤️❤️
AshleyBBGirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Thorsten is so good, every day and I think he deserves an Emmy every year. I am sorry but I think it's time for the daytime Emmys to go.
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Every year I think "this is the year the daytime academy/voters (whoever the fuck they are) grow a brain and good taste" and Thorsten is given his due. Wrong! Same ole same ole shit where scenery chewing and over acting and mugging for the cameras get rewarded. Disappointed, frustrated and fed up!

Screw it!

My Emmy award goes to TK every single day for every one of his performances.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I follow you in that Alina, he deserves an Emmy in all of his performances, he is one of a kind "Actor", there is no one like him .......

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
From Linsey Emmy nomination Interview;

Made by me ❤️

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Shoot Malin, great minds think alike! I was just ready to post that[wink]

Thorsten Kaye!❤️❤️
CaRidge!❤️❤️
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
Shoot Malin, great minds think alike! I was just ready to post that[wink]

Aww! Sorry! Great minds def think alike! [biggrin] You can post the link to the interview if you have it? ❤️

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 
I wish she had stopped after "very disappointed." I don't care how "outstanding" the competition is, when the only actor I think even deserves an Emmy, much less a nomination, is TK.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #14 

Oh, I'm way beyond shocked and disappointed. TK was robbed, pure and simple. I watch that other show, and it might be a difficult category, but TK earned the Emmy just from the scene of Ridge finding out about Caroline and Thomas alone. There really just aren't any words to describe how disgusted and sick I feel about this travesty without breaking our own rules, so I will defer to those who have posted before me!

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
TK sure were robbed! I feel like Linsey & all his fans do right now!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Well I'm glad to see LG thinks like we do but it doesn't take the sting out of another disappointing year.  IDK what it would take either - I think sometimes Thorsten's generosity as an actor makes it possible for the ones in the scene with him to look so good that they end up with the nomination when in reality he is the one who deserves it & made them look like they did!  Not that I'm taking anything away from some of them - LG put her heart & soul into hers & I salute her, but I can't say the same about others.  TK is always my choice for winner & always will be.  But I wanted it for him.  IA with Alina - the ones who do the most crying & chewing the scenery will get it every time. 

Sharon
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
I don't want to take away from those who were nominated BUT this is just NOT RIGHT!

I know we have to be gracious and say ...next year... I can't...TK performances were

compelling and stellar!

YOU are the BEST,THORSTEN!

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Thorsten's mother is so cute! ❤️

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I'm dumbfounded... I'm in a daze since yesterday... all are worth the nomination but

NOT MORE than THORSTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorsten is the BEST...better than the REST!!!

zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin88
Thorsten's mother is so cute! ❤️

Ahhhh... where did you see that, Malin?
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderella

Ahhhh... where did you see that, Malin?

I will dm you

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
This has happened so consistently that I am no longer really surprised, just REALLY PISSED OFF. If HE doesn't rate an Emmy, NOBODY does.  When I saw him sink to the floor as Caroline told him about the baby and what Thomas had done, I thought "Okay, they CAN'T
ignore him this time"!!!!   But of course, the idiots did. [burnup]
SherryPeipelmanMize

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
TK has made sexy Ridge, His own, Ever scenes, hits it out of the ballpark. TK, keeps me a viewer, CaRidge, added, bonus❤
TheRealGenaL

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
Well I'm glad to see LG thinks like we do but it doesn't take the sting out of another disappointing year.  IDK what it would take either - I think sometimes Thorsten's generosity as an actor makes it possible for the ones in the scene with him to look so good that they end up with the nomination when in reality he is the one who deserves it & made them look like they did!  Not that I'm taking anything away from some of them - LG put her heart & soul into hers & I salute her, but I can't say the same about others.  TK is always my choice for winner & always will be.  But I wanted it for him.  IA with Alina - the ones who do the most crying & chewing the scenery will get it every time. 

Sharon...I just saw this post. I gotta say I agree 100%. Even though Thorsten is a lead actor in every way, he is also the finest SUPPORTING actor in the business. He knows exactly what each of his screen partners' strengths are and he adjusts his performance to enhance theirs. To use a sports analogy, he lobs softballs at them, which allows them to hit it out of the park. Every single day. As Alina said, he doesn't yell, scream, overact, or chew scenery, so year after year, he's overlooked. It's infuriating. Not only to those of us who adore TK, but to those who appreciate good acting.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
I am shocked!!!!!!!!  How does a soap with crappy storylines in general, botched wrap-ups of once-in-a-while good storyline with some potential, limited number of characters who take turns sleeping with each other, most of whom are shallow, with questionable backgrounds and/or are mostly uninteresting, if not outright annoying and boring, WIN an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team? 

Oh I know how, it is because they have a REAL writer on their team, one whose name does not appear under "writers" credits, and THAT person is the one who has penned pretty much all the scenes and lines that have been worthy of winning that trophy!

And to make matters worse, (and let me be clear, this is not against the actor, but he plays one of the most worthless characters on this show) the actor who plays Papa Avant wins?  That makes me fear that he will probably be promoted from "Guest" category to a full time cast member to eat up more of Ridge-time [rolleyes]  Oh, and don't even get me started on the "lead actor" winner, who I have never, EVVVVVVVVER seen with anything other than his one and only trademark expression on his face, no matter what the scene! 

Sorry Mods, I know I should not be posting when I am fuming mad, I can't help sounding like a bitch right now, and if I am violating the rules, please edit/delete my post [wink]

CherylVanover

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
     I agree with you 100%

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Searose...you have written from your heart and I share your frustration! You have

written what needs to be said...it would be great if the "Emmy voting committee"

saw your post!

As I said before...not to take away from who won BUT Thorsten's portrayal of Ridge's

devastation at the news that Caroline was carrying Thomas's child was

HEARTWRENCHING and EMMY WORTHY!!!

The scene before that...when Ridge called Thomas out about sleeping with interns

and Thomas punches him...POWERFUL...and EMMY WINNING!!!!It was brilliantly

delivered...first the actual punch to the face and then the proverbial punch to the

stomach that collapsed Ridge to the floor!

I'm giving the "committee" a benefit of a doubt and maybe just maybe those scenes

were not the ones submitted for voting.

Alley

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Back in the 80s, those talented writers were able to create great stories, characters, couples, scripts and other things. Nowadays, TIICs pay no attention to any of those things. The fact they receive the drama writing team is an insult to Gloria Monty and other brilliant soaps writers from the 80's, and it make me seriously doubt the persuasiveness of daytime awards now.
CherylVanover

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 
     The scene where Thorsten went to the floor broke my heart, I literally cried.  I'm watching AMC now (finishing up 2007 now), Zach is my favorite character that he's portrayed so far.  I loved him in Smash too though, lol.  Heck, I love him in anything, he's my eye candy and his acting rocks my world.  The fact that he's an amazing person in real life is an added bonus.

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #30 
ITA with all the above! My guess is B&B won the writing category because of the Maya/transgender storyline, but if that's the case, that makes it even more of a travesty that Karla Mosley isn't also making room on her mantel for her newly won Best Lead Actress Emmy. Not as big of a travesty as TK's lack of a nomination and win for Best Lead Actor, though, but I do think her lack of nomination was a headscratcher. And certainly on a par with Ashlyn Pearce's, who was so incredible during Ally's meltdown, loss. I guess I shouldn't break my own rules so I'd better leave it at that.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 

I think the problem may be because TIICs' focus on youngsters or the newbies instead of veterans who has the talent to pull off a story. The fact B&B has a small cast already give them a disadvantage in comparison to shows with large ensemble of versatile cast like GH.  Also, TIICs tend to concentrate on useless and repetitive triangles involved youngsters and newbies offer nothing special storywise or actingwise. I have nothing against them because there are good young actors like SC and DB who I like but are given crappy materials. But B&B should give veterans who are able to carry a storyline more airtime and good materials.  Because those talented and experienced ones are proven to pull off something special and deep.

Btw,  the Lead category is such a prestige position which I doubt very much Karla would submit, nominated, let alone win.  Susan Flannery and Heather Tom are the only B&B actors who ever won the category.  But I am confused newbies like PF, the actors who play Nicole and Zende received a nomination while KM got nothing. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.