Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Actually this should belong in the General Discussion in the Thorsten Kaye folder, not here, but I thought I'd tag on to the "True Love" survey going on in this folder.

Who is your favorite co-star with Thorsten, out of all the roles you've seen him do, and why?

I'm a die-hard Patrick and Marty fan.  I fell in love with Patrick (and became a fan of TK) when he and Susan Haskell played beleagered lovers Patrick and Margaret Thornhart....  To my mind, the two of them played perfectly off each other - each of them giving a seamless portrayal that never once made me think of them as actors, but only as characters that I cared about passionately.  I think Susan's acting skills are far superior to anyone he's been with since... and although they were together on the screen as brother and sister, it was for so few episodes that I don't think Siobhan and Ian could compare to the years we had with Patrick and Marty.

That's MO.

Anyone else?

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 

I'm sorry to say I missed Patrick and Marty the first time around, but I've really enjoyed the clips available on this site (many thanks to all our Mods).  I recall reading a TK interview where he said his favorite acting partner is Susan, so I have no doubt your answer is right.

I think one of TK's gifts and why he's so valuable to any show is that he brings out the best in other actors.  His own acting ability is exceptional of course, but I think it's also because of the attention he gives to the entire scene and the other characters, not just to his role.  In the corporate world we would call this leadership, and TK is a leader.

If I had to answer for PC and AMC, I would say Lucy/Lynn and Myrtle/Eileen.  TK has great chemistry with Kendall/Alicia of course, but there's something so endearing about Zach and Myrtle (especially given their limited screen time).  It's as though Myrtle has known Zach his entire life.  I'm watching PC for the first time in reruns, but the chemistry between Ian and Lucy is wonderful too.

ETA:  I also don't think the idea of a relationship between Zach and Myrtle came from the writers.  Rather the writers have taken advantage of the obvious chemistry between TK and Eileen and their characters.  You might also say the same thing about Zach and Kendall given the history of their relationship (and Ryan, Ethan, etc.).

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Well I didn't discover TK til he was Zach Slater & got into it about the time that Zendall heated up & he & Kendall discovered each other & so for that reason I have to say Kendall, AM is my fav. TK co-star.  I personally think their chemistry is magic & my jaw dropped the 1st time I saw it & I still think
it's Rhett & Scarlett all over again.  Now don't throw rocks at me but I also like him with Eve, Julie Pinson, on PC!  I think she's sexy & of course, TK just smolders, so I am blown away by their love/sex scenes & have all of them on
tape now.  I wish we'd get that much with Zach and Kendall..(.puhleez!!   I am very anxious to see the stuff coming up with Ian and Lucy bc I've heard so much about them & have seen a few clips thanks to the mods here.  But
Zach is my mahn squeeze & Kendall is perfect with him, to me.  JMO  TK IS
Zach Slater. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Sadly, I am in the same boat as Sharon and Brownpenny.  I gave up on OLTL before Patrick (yes, I AM kicking myself, LOL), and never watched PC when it first aired.  By now, I have seen a few clips of OLTL, thanks to Kathy/Christy, and a few episodes of PC on Soapnet.  Not quite enough to form an opinion on either show, even though, I do agree that TK/Susan were just so magical together.  But since I only discovered TK when Zach Slater first appeared in Vegas, and I got hooked even though he was not paired with anyone back then, I have truly enjoyed his chemistry with ALL the actors and actresses on AMC, no matter what the relationships.  TK ups the ante for all other actors, and it seems that even a light pole is brighter when he is in the room.  But I have particularly enjoyed TK/Zach's chemistry with AM/Kendall and of course, EH/Myrtle. 

But I honestly think my favorite co-star for TK is the camera lens.  I mean, he just has to be on camera, even if there is no one else in the room or no dialogues to deliver, and you get a story.  He is one star that can always shine by himself.

Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

As being another die hard Patrick & Marty fan, I have to say that nobody compares to Susan Haskell when it comes to acting with Thorsten Kaye.  I loved Susan when she played Marty on OLTL.  She was so good that she even took home an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress when Marty was the victim of a very vicious gang rape.  When the character of Patrick played by none other than Thorsten Kaye came on the show as a love interest for Marty, their chemistry was instantaneous from the moment he appeared on our screens.  You knew that they belonged together, and they were a true Supercouple on OLTL.  They were each other's acting equals and I loved them as my favorite couple of all time, and I always will.  I would love nothing better than to someday see them acting together in other roles.....sigh.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 

You of course, Gina!!! You're the only one of his costars I've slept with, snort.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Actually this should belong in the General Discussion in the Thorsten Kaye folder, not here, but I thought I'd tag on to the "True Love" survey going on in this folder.

Who is your favorite co-star with Thorsten, out of all the roles you've seen him do, and why?

I'm a die-hard Patrick and Marty fan.  I fell in love with Patrick (and became a fan of TK) when he and Susan Haskell played beleagered lovers Patrick and Margaret Thornhart....  To my mind, the two of them played perfectly off each other - each of them giving a seamless portrayal that never once made me think of them as actors, but only as characters that I cared about passionately.  I think Susan's acting skills are far superior to anyone he's been with since... and although they were together on the screen as brother and sister, it was for so few episodes that I don't think Siobhan and Ian could compare to the years we had with Patrick and Marty.

That's MO.

Anyone else?

yes,me please. ICAM with all you said Gina about P&M.My absolute all time FAVORITE soap couple. I also Loved TK with Bob Woods,Bo from OLTL.Patrick&Bo were best friends and it came across the tv screen you could see how much fun they had in their scenes, They were just Great together in all their scenes.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Having also come in a little late in the game in my TK adoration - I must say I absolutely love TK/Zach with AM/Kendall!  I think the chemistry between the two is simply electric and jumps off the screen everytime the two are even in the same room with each other!  I just adore how he is with her and I do think she looks at him with complete trust and love. In my opinion, they are not only the one true supercouple on AMC, they are the only true supercouple on ABC daytime (the only shows I watch so I can't vouch for the other networks).   

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Marty/SH the whole way.  I didn't even watch TK & SH together all those years ago but love to watch the clips on this site.  They both look so young. 

I love Susan Haskell though.  I loved her with David James Elliot(cutie pie) in JAG.  She is an excellent actor. It would be great to see her back on the screen on any show (after the kids are old enough of course).

Maybe.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

You of course, Gina!!! You're the only one of his costars I've slept with, snort.

TKdreamey

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Since AMC is the only show that I've been watching. Sadly, I didn't know TK until he was introduced to us as Zach Slater. I fell in love with him immediately and thanks to our moderators, I watched all his clips from the previous shows.
IMO TK has chemistry with every person that he has ever had scenes with. He is just amazing and interesting. I loved him with Hannah (Stacy). I love him with Myrtle, Lilli, Kendal, Adam, and Josh. However, my all time favorite is Gina, of course.
Abigail

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
For me, having watched all of TK's daytime roles and leading ladies, I have to go with Alicia Minshew here.  While Patrick and Marty hold a very special place in my heart, the character of Zach Slater is so multi dimensional and interesting.  Alicia Minshew's portrayal of the feisty, shoot from the hip (and often regret it later) Kendall has been the perfect counter balance to Zach's more methodical, introspective approach to life.

Both characters have their flaws and make no bones about admitting to them.  They are, for me, two sides of the same coin and portray perfectly how two such seemingly different personalities can each bring much needed elements the other lacks to their relationship.  There's a great symmetry to this pairing that I like very much and find very compelling.  JMO.

Banner thanks to Monica.
jaye4kaye

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Well.....without a doubt:

AvA and Julia...

Nooooooooo....not them.....

Ava and Julia Farrar!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.