Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Sadly I have to tell you Enis passed away this afternoon, 2/7/12. She had her friend Pam sitting with her whilst I did some shopping . I got home at 3 30 said goodbye to Pam. Sat with Enis, holding her hand for a few minuets, when she took a deep breath,exhaled,and it was over.

Enis is being cremated. We will have a shipboard service and her ashes will be scattered at sea.

Brian.

"SONG OF THE RIVER"

The snow melts on the mountain
And the water runs down to the spring,
And the spring in a turbulent fountain,
With a song of youth to sing,
Runs down to the riotous river,
And the river flows on to the sea,
And the water again
Goes back in rain
To the hills where it used to be.
And I wonder if Life's deep mystery
Isn't much like the rain and the snow
Returning through all eternity
To the places it used to know.

For life was born on the lofty heights
And flows in a laughing stream
To the river below
Whose onward flow
Ends in a peaceful dream.
And so at last,
When our life has passed
And the river has run its course,
It again goes back,
O'er the selfsame track,
To the mountain which was its source.

So why prize life
Or why fear death,
Or dread what is to be?
The river ran its allotted span
Till it reached the silent sea.
Then the water harked back to the mountaintop
To begin its course once more.

So we shall run the course begun
Till we reach the silent shore,
Then revisit earth in a pure rebirth
From the heart of the virgin snow.
So don't ask why we live or die,
Or wither, or when we go,
Or wonder about the mysteries
That only God may know.

Clear Dotby William Randolph Hearst

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh Brian. I'm so very sorry.
What a beautiful lady. One of the loveliest ladies it's been my privilege to meet. I'm so sorry she's gone.
Your poem is perfect.
Love to you always.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
Oh, what a beautiful picture of Enis....she was such a lovely lady.  I'm glad I had the chance to meet her (and you, Brian).

Her passing sounds very peaceful. Scattering her ashes at sea is a beautiful thing to do. You have my love and deepest sympathy.

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My deepest & sincere sympathies are with you Brian...There is no doubt that Enis, your warm hearted lady, leaves wonderful memories for you to cherish always!..And may they give you strength, along with the love and understanding from your family and friends.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Brian,  so sorry to hear this news, but the poem you selected says it all so beautifully . I never met your Enis, but always enjoyed seeing her posts and pictures here. I will remember her that way.
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I'm so so sorry to hear about Enis, Brian.  She was a lovely woman and will be missed. 

Thanks Fil!
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Oh Brian, I don't even know what to say.  I am so sorry to hear this news.  I think of you and Enis often.

Please take care and know you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

June

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Dear Brian, my deepest sympathies.  I'll always remember the two of you on the cruise...so loving, so funny, telling stories of how you met.  Enid was a special lady and one that will never be forgotten. 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Brian, I was shocked to see this that I almost don't know what to say except that I am so very sorry...

Enis was one of the nicest people that I have ever met and I am glad that I had the chance to meet both of you.  Your poem was so lovely and very heartfelt, and scattering her ashes at sea was what she would have loved.

Please keep in touch with us.  I know just how hard it is when you lose your soul-mate.  Please take care of you.

P. S.  That is a beautiful picture of Enis, may she rest in peace.

Love and hugs,
Selma

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Brian, my deepest sympathy.   Beautiful picture and poem.   It sounds like she passed away quietly.   I will always remember her and you from the very first book signing and through the cruises.

I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Beverly

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Brian - I always enjoyed reading Enis' posts on this board.  That is a lovely picture of her that you have shared with us.  You have all my sympathy.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Brian I am so sorry to hear the passing of your beautiful wife Enis.  It was so much fun being with you two on the cruise, that I will forever cherish those memories.  I hope someday my hubby and I will share the same type of lovely life you two shared.  Take comfort in all the great times you spent together and know you have a whole lot of people who loved both you and your lovely wife. 

My thoughts are with you and your family!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 
Brian, I am SO sorry about Enis.  I didn't even know she'd been ill!  She was a wonderful, beautiful, and spirited woman and I was privileged to spend a little time with her on the cruise.  She will never be forgotten - but she will definitely be missed. 

Love,
Gina

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Oh, Brian.....I'm so very sorry to hear of Enis' passing.  How fitting that she waited for you.
I had the privilege of meeting you both on the cruise and at the last booksigning, and your love and respect for each other was inspiring.  May you be comforted by all the wonderful memories you and Enis made over the years, and know that she will be missed by many.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

I'm deeply saddened by this news.  Brian, Enis was such a lovely person & I'm so glad I had the privilege of meeting her & spending time with her on several occasions, including the cruise.  She was very lucky to have you taking such wonderful care of her.  I know you are lucky to have had her, too.  Please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss and let us know if we can do anything for you.  Please stay in touch!  Love to you & all of her family. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Brian,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.   What a lovely picture and poem of your beautiful Enis.  Prayers are being sent your way.   

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Awwww,(((((Brian)))),i am so very sorry to hear about Your lovely Enis passing.I never met her but felt like i knew her&i did from the board here&she was the BEST.That is a Beautiful picture of Enis&Poem.You&your family are in my thoughts&prayers.I will miss her. Big HUGS

RIP Enis.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Brian, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Enis was such a lovely person. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Thanks Mon
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

Brian, I am so sorry for your loss. Enis was such a beautiful lady, inside and out and I count it a privelege to have met both of you.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

(((((Brian)))))), I am so very sorry for your loss.  I am so glad I got to meet you both and to spend a little time with you.  The two of you together was such a wonderful thing and touched my heart.  She was a beautiful lady and I'm glad for you that she was able to wait for you.  Thank you for sharing her picture and that poem with us, it's just perfect.  Your devotion to her throughout her illness was all that anyone could want.  You are both in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish you all the love and comfort of family and friends. 

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
ONEHEART

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Brian...I am so very sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.  Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture of her and the poem. 

Kristen

Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

My deepest sympathies Brian...to you and your family. That is a very beautiful poem that you chose to honor Enis' memory. May she Rest in Peace.

luv_at_first_byte

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Brian--my heartfelt condolences on the passing of Enis your beloved soul-mate. I was honored to have met you and Enis. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful picture of Enis.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Fil

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Brian, I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I never had the chance to meet Enis but I certainly enjoyed knowing her here.  She will be missed!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Brian - So sorry - Peggy

paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Brian, I'm sorry for your loss.  My prayers are with you. 
Bee

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 

Brian, So sorry for your loss.

The Power of One can change the World.
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
I want to thank you all for your sympathy,it means a lot to me.
I am taking a solo cruise in March to relax & reflect.
In June we ( Rick, Teri and I) are going on an Alaska cruise. This was Enis’s favorite place,so we will scatter her ashes at sea.
I will miss seeing all of you....if any of you cruise again let me know.
My email is..... bdudley at satx dot rr dot com
Brian.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #29 
Brian, thanks for the update on you. I am so glad you're cruising up to Alaska.... what a  magnificent place to lay Enis to rest. May you have a safe and peaceful trip there, and all the relaxation and reflection you need cruising off those beautiful shores that your beautiful Enis loved!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.