Author   Comment  
theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
THE 43RD ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS
2016 Daytime Emmy pre-nominations
Posted Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:01:01 PM
Emmy
This year's Daytime Emmy race has officially begun. The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences released a list of 65 performers, of which six will be awarded Daytime Emmy trophies later this year.
The official race for the 2016 Daytime Emmys has begun. Out of all the eligible performers from your favorite daytime drama series, a round of voting has narrowed down this year's Daytime Emmy contenders to just 65 performers. 

Actors from all four network soaps -- The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of our Lives, General Hospital, and The Young and the Restless -- are eligible for Emmy consideration this year. 

There were some rules changes and tweaks this year as part of NATAS's continued efforts to make the process as fair as possible. For the pre-nomination round of voting, actors were allowed to choose material not exceeding four minutes from from up to two episodes. This is designed to allow submittants to show more of a range in their performance. 

NATAS wanted to hold fast to having just ten pre-nominees in each of the Lead and Supporting acting categories. Due to the limited number of eligible performers, all Younger Actor and Actress nominees will move directly to the Blue Ribbon voting round. 

"I can tell you that the judges have a real treat in store, because the work is outstanding," David Michaels, Senior VP of The Daytime Emmy Awards and Events for NATAS, told Michael Fairman earlier this year, "The support from the daytime drama world is overwhelming. It would be a much shorter answer if you asked who did not enter as opposed to who did. It’s a very exciting time, and NATAS is looking to unveiling who is the running come January 27th." 

As previously announced, this year's Creative Arts Emmy Awards will take place on Friday, April 29, and the Daytime Emmy Awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, May 1. The location for this year's ceremonies have not yet been announced. 

Outstanding Lead Actor

MAURICE BENARD (Sonny Corinthos, General Hospital) 

ERIC BRAEDEN (Victor Newman, The Young and the Restless) 

TYLER CHRISTOPHER (Nikolas Cassadine, General Hospital) 

DOUG DAVIDSON (Paul Williams, The Young and the Restless) 

BILLY FLYNN (Chad DiMera, Days of Our Lives) 

ANTHONY GEARY (Luke Spencer, General Hospital) 

JUSTIN HARTLEY (Adam Newman, The Young and the Restless) 

THORSTEN KAYE (Ridge Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful) [gold_cup]

CHRISTIAN LEBLANC (Michael Baldwin, The Young and the Restless) 

KRISTOFF ST. JOHN (Neil Winters, The Young and the Restless) 

Thanks Mon
Melanie

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Yay!!! Congratulations Thorsten on your pre-nomination! You so deserve it! You and Linsey killed it this year! We're waiting on another wonderful year!!

Thorsten Kaye!❤️❤️
CaRidge!❤️❤️
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Big Congratulations Thorsten!!  You are due & this is so well deserved!  [winner]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Congratulations on the Emmy pre-nom, Mr. Kaye!  In my eyes, you are a winner every single time you grace our screens, but it is nice to see your work being recognized by the industry [clap]
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Congratulations Thorsten & Linsey!!! ❤️❤️

[winner][clap]

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
The best actor on the planet no matter what, but nobody deserves it more - for acting and writing!

Congratulations, Thorsten!

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Kudos, TK!  So happy to hear this!!  Well-deserved is an understatement!  [woohoo]

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
I'm not waiting!
[tk_emmy]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
CONGRATULATIONS ,Thorsten... looking forward to seeing you on that stage receiving

your EMMY...  you are the BEST!

WOW! this sure made my day... thanks Di!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
I'm not waiting!
[tk_emmy]

YEAH! BABY!!!  CONGRATULATIONS THORSTEN!!! 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
A big congratulation to you Thorsten, well deserved and longtime coming, I am very happy for you....also a big congratulation to Linsey... You both are amazing!!!!!
Love Sonya

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
 Thorsten, I hope this is the year that the Emmy voters proclaim what I have known for many years........that you ARE  (and always have been)  the best of the best!  It's high time for you to take home the statue!
Katbert

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah
 Thorsten, I hope this is the year that the Emmy voters proclaim what I have known for many years........that you ARE  (and always have been)  the best of the best!  It's high time for you to take home the statue!

Perfectly said, Pah!  I couldn't agree more. [thumb]
Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I agree perfectly said Pah, Thorsten truly deserves that Statue.... He is such an amazing actor, he is a natural, one of a kind!!!!!
You all have a great and safe weekend ......
Sonya

Stacybutler

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Congrats tk you deserve you
Work hard you are amazing actor and
And man you rock as ridge love Stacy

Hi thorsten i just want let you know i think you rock as ridge i never cared to much about the old ridge but i love you as ridge you are amazing actor and.think caridge are great together i am getting excited for hockey to start go red wings
AshleyBBGirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Congratulations to you, Thorsten you deserve an Emmy every year. You are the BEST!
Stacybutler

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Congrats thorsten he deserves it
He amazing actor and man
Love Stacy

Hi thorsten i just want let you know i think you rock as ridge i never cared to much about the old ridge but i love you as ridge you are amazing actor and.think caridge are great together i am getting excited for hockey to start go red wings
Melanie

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 
This Thursday, March 24 is the day they make the nomination announcement!! They just have to nominate Thorsten and even Linsey! They had such a superb year!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Thorsten Kaye!❤️❤️
CaRidge!❤️❤️
Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well! From what I've read, the nominations will be announced during The Talk which airs right after B&B, I think.
Melanie

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie
I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well! From what I've read, the nominations will be announced during The Talk which airs right after B&B, I think.

Yeah The Talk is right after B&B! I have to work so I'll have to make sure I record it!! Exciting!![yippee]

Thorsten Kaye!❤️❤️
CaRidge!❤️❤️
CherylVanover

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
     Congratulations Thorsten!!  You've deserved this award every year that you've been acting in the soaps!!  You are a truly amazing actor, husband, father, poet and person.  Hopefully I can get to meet you some day.  Best of luck on the award and hope so much that they finally see what we've seen all along!!

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.