Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
OMFG!! I cannot believe that AMC was TOTALLY shut out of any emmy nominations!!
McTavish must have somehow done some sabatoge campaigning the last few weeks!!
TK so deserved the nomination, AND the WIN!! I am in shock!!! :-(
brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I just posted the same on another thread.  I live in the MT timezone, so the morning show is running on tape.  I found this link however on soapcentral.com.  Thorsten is not on the list.  I cannot believe my eyes!  Total shock!

http://www.soapcentral.com/soapcentral/news/2007/0314-emmy_noms_list.php
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
There is no justice!  I can see AMC not being nominated, what with the WTAF story and the Madden buried alive stuff.  But TK deserves the recognition for his work.  Not only the nomination, but the win. 
He is always a winner in my eyes though.

contif

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
That's really insulting - AMC was completely left out of the mix!  What a shocker!  I was SURE that TK and AM would have made the cut! 

I'm so sad!  But in my mind, TK has already won!

tiffy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
The only good news is that this may be bad news for Frons (the virtual AMC/ABC shutout that is).

Does anyone know what was on TK's reels, or is that not announced unless the actor gets the nomination?

It's clear the fans appreciate TK's work even if this Emmy process does not.
zachfan33

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I am completely shocked that TK did not get nominated!!!  He so totally deserved a nomination - particularly, in my mind, for all of his work during Kendall's coma, his testimony on the stand, and most recently during the Satin Slayer storyline!  He has been amazing this year and definitely deserved the nomination and the win!

Clearly the emmy voters don't see what the fans clearly do as TK dominated the soap central fan awards. 
CindyC

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
A major WTF moment.  TK and AM surely deserve the nomination.  What is it based on?  TK totally rocked last year, with sucky writing he gave great performances.  MEK also did a great job thru the trial.  How is the decision made and who in the hell makes it? 

Well TK is the best and it shows every day.  I mean the man doesn't even have to speak.  TK is a winner ALWAYS!!!!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I think this was clearly a result of how bad AMC in general sucked this year.  They probably payed little attention to the individual's work and just assumed that since the show was in the toilet, there was no emmy-worthy acting.
I have hope that with the improvement already in the show this year, and hopefully more to come with the new writer, that next year will be the win that TK, and his fans deserve.
*I will stay positive...I will...I will...I will*

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Do any of the Moderators know which clips TK sent in this year??
I hope Dixie wasn't in any of them!! :-(
It's been two hours since they announced the nominees and I am STILL in DISBELIEF!!
TaurusGal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 

I was stunned when I didn't see TK's name on the list!  I am hoping with Ann, though.  The show was so bad this year, that they probably just didn't pay attention to individual actor's performances, assuming there would be nothing to see.  Hopefully that will change this year.  (I do wonder, though, which scenes were sent in for him/them).

I did see where Leven got a nomination, so congrats to her! 

TK's acting amazes me, with or without a nomination.  He is a winner everyday!

p.s. Ann/Fil - LOVE the new Baby X banner!

--TaurusGal

Granny

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Here is the break down of AMC.  Soap Central said at the bottom AMC had three (3) nominations for acting.  I sure didn't find it.  I only saw Leven's.

Granny 

THE 34TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS

ABC Soaps Snag 12 of 14 Early Nominations

Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:48:13 AM

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS

1       Leven Rambin (Lily Montgomery, AMC)

Jennifer Landon (Gwen Norbeck, ATWT)

Alexandra Chando (Maddie Coleman, ATWT)

Julie Berman (Lulu Spencer, GH)

Stephanie Gathschet (Tammy Winslow, GL)

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN ART DIRECTION/SET DECORATION/SCENIC DESIGN FOR A DRAMA SERIES

1       All My Children

As the World Turns

The Bold and the Beautiful

One Life to Live

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN COSTUME DESIGN FOR A DRAMA SERIES

2       All My Children (All the low cleavage?)

As the World Turns

Guiding Light

Passions

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN HAIRSTYLING FOR A DRAMA SERIES

3       All My Children (What hairstyle?  Long and stringy?)

As the World Turns

Days of our Lives

Passions

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN TECHNICAL DIRECTION/ELECTRONIC CAMERA/VIDEO CONTROL FOR A DRAMA SERIES

4       All My Children  (Is this when they used the shakey camera technique?)

As the World Turns

Guiding Light

One Life to Live

NOMINATIONS AT A GLANCE

The Young and the Restless: 18 nominations: 6 acting, 9 technical, plus Writing, Directing and Series

Guiding Light: 14 nominations: 9 acting, 4 technical, plus Series

As The World Turns: 12 nominations: 5 acting, 5 technical, plus Writing and Series

General Hospital: 12 nominations: 5 acting, 5 technical, plus Directing and Series

The Bold and the Beautiful: 9 nomination: 1 acting, 6 technical, plus Writing and Directing

One Life to Live: 8 nominations: 1 acting, 6 technical, plus Writing

?       All My Children: 6 nominations: 3 acting, 3 technical (My count:  1 acting, 4 technical)

Days of our Lives: 6 nominations: 5 technical, plus Directing

Passions: 2 nominations: 2 technical

CBS: 53 nominations

ABC: 26 nominations

NBC: 8 nominations

Thanks, Sharon, for putting Zach and Kendall in my backyard. Thanks, Karen, for attaching this to my posts.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderella
Do any of the Moderators know which clips TK sent in this year??
I hope Dixie wasn't in any of them!! :-(
It's been two hours since they announced the nominees and I am STILL in DISBELIEF!!

I know that our top choices (the shows where Zach tells Kendall he knew about Madden, Oct. 3-4, 2006), were in the running, but don't know what was ultimately submitted by AMC.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I admit I'm so disappointed about TK's lack of a nomination for his stellar work in 2006.  It's one thing when an actor/actress that is supported by decent writing gets recognized for their performances, but to continually turn in wonderful, engrossing performances in an environment like AMC's where the writing has been atrocious...to me that's a FAR bigger accomplishment.  It's also a truer testament to the talent of the actor and Thorsten has absolutely delivered one outstanding performance after another this past year despite what he was given to work with. 

I don't pretend to understand how this nomination process works...I only have my personal feelings for many years now that however it works, it is political and tainted.  My one hope in all of this is that the general snubbing towards all of ABCD's shows may finally make the Disney higher ups take a long hard look at their head of ABC Daytime!

Banner thanks to Monica.
gwennie

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Now, ladies...as per Granny's post -- AMC DID get nominated in hairstyling, costumes, technical direction, and art direction.  My response to that -- "Big F-ing' whoop!"  I cannot believe TK was not on that list -- what a travesty!  But then I don't know the politics behind the nominations.  We all know TK deserves one for turning MMT's shit storylines into gold.  Well, I won't be watching the Daytime Emmys, unless I find out TK is presenting.

I am going to try and stay positive like Ann and hope that the new change in the writing regime will make a difference for next year.  But I am still so pissed about this year!
brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I tend to agree this is just as much about the show and the network as it is the actors which probably makes it a highly political process.

The scenes where Zach told Kendall he knew about Madden were certainly my favorites from last year.

The bottom line is TK takes whatever script he is given and consistently delivers a great performance.  Despite everything else going on with the show, he has a great work ethic.  The audience (as well as his peers I'm sure) appreciates and is touched by his performances.  To a true actor, that probably means more than an Emmy ever would.

Bravo TK!
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Granny, of the four technical awards listed, I am sure the first three have to do with Mardi Gras scenes.  Kendall's costume, Kendall's hairstyle, both were absolutely gorgeous.  And the set was nice too.  As for the shaky camera work, that's another WTF item. 

I am still in disbelief.  Ethan's death, Kendall's coma, MMM wrap-up.  There was so much Emmy-worthy material in TK's work.  I was thinking the same thing as Gwennie, that I will only watch if I am sure that TK will be there.  Otherwise why bother with this travesty?

TK wins my vote every moment that he graces my tv screen! 

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Could this be a blessing in disguise.

Are there bigger and better things in the universe coming this way.

Remember..."Things aren't always as they seem."

TK, You are a winner ALWAYS.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
It is unbelievable that an actor so praised and appreciated for his talent by the viewing public is not nominated.  I can only say that the nominations for the EMMYS are like the political arena, they are influenced by things other than talent or integrity.

Thorsten in 2006, despite the poor writing, managed to give us performances definitely worthy of not only an EMMY but an OSCAR.  No nominating committee will convince me otherwise. I would love to find out what two shows were submitted on his behalf.  If McTavish had anything to do with it then the answer is quite clear to me. Last year they submitted, in my opinion, the wrong shows.

We now see the damage that McTavish has done to AMC with her Ryan and Babe propping and not giving the best actor on the show a script and s/l to really show his amazing talent. Despite all the terrible scripts, Thorsten managed to shine in the eyes of all his fans. This year at least with a s/l finally devoted to Zach and hopefully with a better writer, he will definitely win the award and recognition that he has so greatly earned.

To me he already is an EMMY winner.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I am stunned beyond words.  What fools these mortals be!  They must be deaf and blind is all I can say.  Such a complete travesty to leave him out.
I never expected this outcome in a thousand yrs & I know in my heart that he really is the best & he is the real winner!!  Thank God we all know his worth & maybe someday the rest of TIIC will get a clue.  This is such a shame,  I can't even express it.  Thorsten, you are SIMPLY THE BEST!!
HATS OFF! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou
I am stunned beyond words.  What fools these mortals be!  They must be deaf and blind is all I can say.  Such a complete travesty to leave him out.
I never expected this outcome in a thousand yrs & I know in my heart that he really is the best & he is the real winner!!  Thank God we all know his worth & maybe someday the rest of TIIC will get a clue.  This is such a shame,  I can't even express it.  Thorsten, you are SIMPLY THE BEST!!
HATS OFF! 

Amen!  We don't need the nomination committee's opinion to know Thorsten is a huge winner. 

Thorsten's fans are not the minority.  He wins in way too many poles not to be a "WINNER!" 

Granny 

Thanks, Sharon, for putting Zach and Kendall in my backyard. Thanks, Karen, for attaching this to my posts.
RFoxS

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
An absolute shame!!  Thorsten Kaye is one daytimes' best actors!  He is a winner, especially when he can make gold out of the shit that was written!
So, move on and give the man an Oscar instead!
Zachaddict

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFoxS
An absolute shame!!  Thorsten Kaye is one daytimes' best actors!  He is a winner, especially when he can make gold out of the shit that was written!

I am wondering whether TK's acting style is too subtle for the Emmy judges (who are the judges anyway?), they seem to prefer the "scenery chewing" type.

I prefer the TK school of acting anyday.

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Are you F------ kidding me.  Just his work during the coma (without taking into consideration ALL the other amazing work) should have given him a nom.  This whole thing bites anyway.  They nominate the same people over and over.  I like Tony Geary a lot but PLEASE and Kim Zimmer.  The lady knows how to cry that's all I can say.  What a joke.  I'm sure they'll have plenty of empty seats to fill when all of TK's fans don't show.  Now I'm glad it's in LA.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
I'm not even going to justify this travesty.  TK had plenty of stuff that was Emmy worthy, even if the writer was McTrash.  As toasty2 said the coma scenes were excellent on their own merit.  The acting was superb. These things have to be fixed there is no other explanation to this.

I hope TK knows that he is totally loved by his fan and we know that the work he does is Emmy worthy.  Even though the idiots in charge don't know perfection when they see it.  I haven't watched other soaps in a long time, but I can't imagine anyone better then TK was this year, with the horrid writing he was given in which he spun gold.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

It Totally Sucks.I am so sad about this.But ITA with you all.YOu are A WINNER Always TK,WE LOVE YOU! They don't know BRILLIANT acting when they see it but we sure do. Thank you for sharing your AMAZING gift and Talent with us.You are the absolute BEST.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFoxS

I am wondering whether TK's acting style is too subtle for the Emmy judges (who are the judges anyway?), they seem to prefer the "scenery chewing" type.

I prefer the TK school of acting anyday.

You may have a good point there.  Often the people that win do the big, overly dramatic acting.  TK's acting is so perfect and subtle that the very dramatic scenes are still dramatic -- yet, believable.  Before I found TK on AMC, I had given up watching soaps, because the story lines sometimes felt too ridiculous.  TK can take a hard to believe (or ridiculous -- i.e., who killed Greg Madden) storyline and make it completely believable.  Every action, look, word uttered is completely in character.  I have to keep reminding myself that Zach Slater is not a real person -- he's a character on a soap! Maybe this amazing gift is lost on some of the Emmy nomination voters this year -- though, he's always acted this way and gotten nominated before.  Maybe it's a backlash against what AMC has been the last year.  All I know is that as long as he's on my screen, I will keep watching and appreciating what this year's voters so blatantly overlooked.

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

Well, I dont know what to say except that the judges wouldn't know a decent and competent actor if it bit them in the butt.!!!!!! I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. Who are these people. Do you know that AMC got the same number of awards as Passions.!!!  I know that AMC has not been doing well in the ratings, but we were in the middle most of the time, so how come we dont get one male or female actor in the running. They've got Geary and the woman who played Laura, she was only back for a short time, Geary's been out of the country half the year. I'm sorry, I know some of you like Geary, but I cant stand him. What about Jacob Young, MEK, and some of the others.
I expect the judges are the same people that do the Focus Groups.

This rant isn't because Thorsten didn't get nominated, its because nobody got nominated from AMC, except Lily, I cant think of her name, you shouldn't punish an actor because the writing was bad.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Well, I dont know what to say except that the judges wouldn't know a decent and competent actor if it bit them in the butt.!!!!!! I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. Who are these people. Do you know that AMC got the same number of awards as Passions.!!!  I know that AMC has not been doing well in the ratings, but we were in the middle most of the time, so how come we dont get one male or female actor in the running. They've got Geary and the woman who played Laura, she was only back for a short time, Geary's been out of the country half the year. I'm sorry, I know some of you like Geary, but I cant stand him. What about Jacob Young, MEK, and some of the others.

This rant isn't because Thorsten didn't get nominated, its because nobody got nominated from AMC, except Lily, I cant think of her name, you shouldn't punish an actor because the writing was bad.

Take care,
Enis

Thank you !  ITA!  I am SO NOT a TONY GEARY FAN!!  I have NEVER seen whatever it is that he supposedly has.  I do think Lily/Leven Rambin does a great job when she's finally given something to do.  I don't think the voters (whoever they are??) have a clue about Thorsten's talent.  They missed the boat on this one!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

I am just in total shock.  Don't even know what to say.  The coma story in itself was fantastic.  There was just so much more.  I have seen the work of the other actors and the only one worthy of a nom is Tony Geary.  I am still in a state of shock!!

luv_at_first_byte

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
I think these Emmy's are a total crock. Who the fuck are these judges anyways? The Emmy's and who gets an Emmy should be decided by the fans not a panel of paid off judges. The fans are the ones that make or break the ratings---not the judges.
TK has won numerous Emmy's to me and will continue to do so as long as he graces my TV screen.
Kudos to your superb acting in 2006.

Fil

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Unf....ingbelievable!  It's amazing that the actors who were nominated had good stories for them to work with.  TK had garbage and made it amazing to watch.  Not to take anything away from the other actors - but which takes more talent?

TK is in a category all by himself!  He's too good for an Emmy!
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 

I am so disappointed in the process !!! The only reason I watch AMC is because of TK!! i don't watch the other soaps - After I heard TK and then saw him on my TV I started to watch HIS program - and then I wondered about the other"soaps" and NOT ONE of them is worth my time. i watch AMC just because of him and I see it from the east coast - then the west coast and most nights on soapnet!! Often I make him a thank you card and mail it!! who knows about the people that pick "Emmy" I know who has my heart!!! He is worth much more than and Emmy -

Ande
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Take care,
Enis

Thank you !  ITA!  I am SO NOT a TONY GEARY FAN!!  I have NEVER seen whatever it is that he supposedly has.  I do think Lily/Leven Rambin does a great job when she's finally given something to do.  I don't think the voters (whoever they are??) have a clue about Thorsten's talent.  They missed the boat on this one!

Thay sure did miss the boat on this one.Noone deserves it more than TK.

I do Like Tony Geary,not like i LOVE TK of course,but i Love my Luke&Laura.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 

I am stunned that TK did not receive the Emmy nom, but, IMO, he doesn't need an Emmy to tell me that he is the BEST actor in any medium.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #35 
I agree with all who are speechless at the emmy nominations!  Apparently those who make the decisions think you deserve one only if you can scream, holler, and cuss...I can think of a number of soap stars who should have gotten a nod, but did not, not the least of whom is TK.  He was cheated!!!  He was so masterful in so many scenes...I still like to watch his work with the comatose Kendall.  Absolutely amazing!

Tony Geary?  Again?  Nah!  And Genie Frances?  She was on for only a hot minute, so she gets the nod (and I loved her when I watched her 25 years ago) when other actresses are working hard and doing a great job on a daily basis NOW.

It just doesn't seem fair.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
One thing I noticed last year ABC had the majority of nominations and the Emmy's were on ABC.  This yeat CBS has the majority of nominations and guess whose televising it CBS.  Don't tell me this isn't just a coincidence.  Like everything else it's all politics.  Also, the same people get nominuated over and over for the same character.  This has ALWAYS bugged me about the daytime emmys.  If you win for the same character twice you should not be eligible.  You're playing the same role and yes you're good otherwise you wouldn't have won the emmy so how many times do you need to win the thing for that role.  I'm not saying this because I don't like the people who have won but Tony Geary for instances.  He is a wonderful actor and is always consistently good and has won a few times in that role.  Enough already you've proven yourself. I don't mean to single Tony out but his name just came to me.  The same can be said about Kim Zimmer who I think has one like four or five times in the same role.  Okay the lady can cry (I use to watch GL so I know this) but give some other wonderful actresses a break.  There are a lot of good actors and actress in daytime who never get nominated.

I think CBS Emmy show is not going to do to good in the ratings since the people we love won't be going.
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2

I think CBS Emmy show is not going to do to good in the ratings since the people we love won't be going.

I have no desire to watch.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #38 

ITA, Cindy no reason to watch.  I also agree that the same actors are nominated time and time again.  I realize they may be good, however it really does get old.  Whether the writing is in the toilet or not the actor should be judged on their individual performances.  TK rocked this year "Ethan's Death", "Kendall's Coma", "Madden Murder Reveal" jeez I could go on and on.  Anyone who is given crap on paper and turns into gold on our screens is definitely worthy of an Emmy. JMO

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 

I am totally stunned!  Maybe this will be a wake-up call for ABC/Disney to do more "housecleaning"...Frons, anyone???  Now that McT is gone, things have to be looking up for AMC.  Imagine what TK will do with GOOD writing!!!

TK, AM, MEK...not ONE nomination????  This is total BS!  It can't just be coincidence.  This is so blatently political.

I completely agree with what everyone is saying--the true measure of an actor's talent is being able to take what McT gave them, and turn it into what they gave us---Emmy-WINNING performances!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #40 

This is why I don't watch the Oscar's anymore.  I watch the red carpet show to see what everyone is wearing and then tune out.  It's become more of a political fest about who's/what's more popular in Hollywood and which production companies come up with the best bribes/gifts to win/lobby votes.

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 

I did notice that a lot of the soaps had two people nominated (2 from GL, 2 from ATWT, 2 from GH etc), how come they didn't have any from AMC. GL is second to last in this weeks ratings, but of course we're doing last year.!!!
You're not going to tell me that no one from AMC was good enough, I just dont believe it, there has to be a reason for this. TK was marvelous, also MEK, AM were good also. They should not have two from one show and none from another, thats being plain greedy and stupid to boot.

I will say this however, I dont know whether I'm allowed to say this,  but I dont think Thorsten really cares one way or the other, I think all he wants to do is ACT and by God he can sure do that.!!!! No one can take that away from him, EVER!!!!!

Take care,
Enis

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #42 

TK is the only reason I watch AMC.  If he should leave, so would I. 

It would seem that AMC is being snubbed big time this year (not that it has been a great year for them in the ratings.)  However, the actors should not have to pay for the sorry ass script that's forced on them.  TK has proven over and over since he has been on AMC, he shines, no matter what the hack has thrown at him. 

In my book he is the best.  Whoever chooses these nominees shouldn't be able to look at themselves in the mirror because, there is no way their choices were based on acting ability.

We love you TK.  You bring your best to us every day and I for one appreciate it.  To your fans, you are worthy of so much more than any hyped up, political based, BS Emmy.

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
I think there's something else blowing in the wind.  We just don't know what it is yet.

As disappointing as it is....AND IT IS!!!!,  I'm thinking positive.

Oh and by the way.........love TG but enough is enough.  Give it a rest.  Those emmy statues are ugly anyway.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.