Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Kimski

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hope everyone affected is ok.  I was stunned to hear of a 5.9 in Virginia, but even more amazed when I heard it was felt in New York, Detroit, Indianapolis.

Kimski
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Yes, I hope everyoen is OKaye too!  It's hard to believe.  And now the 2.8 aftershock!  Didn't they have one in Colorado/New Mexico just yesterday? 

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Yes, I hope everyoen is OKaye too!  It's hard to believe.  And now the 2.8 aftershock!  Didn't they have one in Colorado/New Mexico just yesterday? 

Yes,they did Searose.Me too hope everyone is Okaye.Didn't feel it in Indianapolis but am 2 hours away from there.

Hi Kimski,i thought Only CA gets them.See how much i know.lol.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Kim, after I learned that we'd had an earthquake, I thought of you in California. I couldn't handle too many of these! It was scary as hell and I'm so unaccustomed to them that it didn't even occur to me that it was an earthquake until Jim turned on the news station. DUH!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I had not watched the news so did not hear about the quake until this morning. Kathy, you were the first one I thought of. How bad was it in MD?  I remember many years ago (in Balto.) feeling  my chair shake and a tingle running up my arm.  I could not believe it was a quake until my son phoned and said, "Did you feel it at your house?"  Glad you are ok.
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
OK pah- I am 71 and I don't remember an Earthquake in Maryland - You gotta be younger than me so can you pin it down in any way to a year?  First I thought the washer was walking but had not put in any wash - Peggy
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Pat, once the rattling and shaking stopped, everything was OK here. A few knick knacks got toppled. (g)

Was that tremor you felt in Baltimore about 1984? I remember feeling one around the time I moved back to MD from VA around that time.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Peggy,  71?  You're just a baby!!LOL     Actually I am 80 (closer to 81 by now. Does that make me the oldest active poster on this board?)
Kathy, yes it could have been '84. Sounds about right (based on where my son was living at the time) though I can't really remember just when it happened. That quake was not as powerful as this latest one, but it did rattle the chair I was sitting in.

Roseann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Glad everyone is okay.   Felt it in PA also...right at the end of AMC!!  
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Geez!  It doesn't seem fair. It sounds like some of the same folks who just had the earthquake scare are now about to face a hurricane! What a week! I'll be thinking about you guys and hoping everyone stays safe.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks Pat! I guess this scenario is more familiar to you than it is to a lot of us. just got back from the grocery store and stocked up on some things (including the new issue of SOW! TK alert, he's on the cover, not a new pic though), but they were all out of D batteries (as were CVS and Radio Shack) so I hope we have enough, or better yet, don't need 'em.

I hope everybody in the same fix stays safe too!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Thoughts are with you all who will be in Irene's path.   I so know what its like to go thru a hurricane living on the Gulf Coast.   Hopefully all will be ok.  Stay safe. 

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Hope all of you East Coast people stay safe during the storm!  I live in the south but grew up in New England and have lots of family up that way.  For everyone's sake I hope this storm peters out before it does too much damage.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.