Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 

We know TK told a few of you at SuperSoap Weekend, but we're thrilled to be announcing exactly what the TK event at Rock the Soap will be - here's Bob to give you all the details!!!

(Click HERE to read more about it!)

Site Meter

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Woohoo!!  Thanks, Gina!  See you there! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
  Well thanks for the info Gina & Bob!  Can't wait to see this wonderful book & I hope we can buy extra copies!  I have 2 grandsons!
I need 2!!  Anne, you called it my friend.  See all you guys and especially Thorsten, there!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
THANKS for the update Gina........ how thrilling for TK to see his dream of writing a childrens book come to life and how lucky for all of those who are attending the event. This is just spectacular!!!!
theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
We know TK told a few of you at SuperSoap Weekend
He didn't tell me specifically because, well because I'm sure he was tired of me asking about the book everytime I saw him so I didn't this time (it figures the one time I don't ask, LOL).  I'm very excited not only for those of us lucky enough to be in attendance, but especially for Thorsten and the charity that will benefit from his generous gift! 

Thanks for the new info Gina and Bob! 

Thanks Mon
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

This is what I suspected the surprise would be all along. What a bonus for those of you lucky enough to be able to go. 
   I sure hope that the book will also be available without too much delay through the OTKWS, as is his first book.  (Gina, do you know?)   If not, is there any way that I could get one of you who attend the cruise to buy an extra one for me ???  (I'm SERIOUS!!!!)  I have been eagerly awaiting this for so long.
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pah

This is what I suspected the surprise would be all along. What a bonus for those of you lucky enough to be able to go. 
   I sure hope that the book will also be available without too much delay through the OTKWS, as is his first book.  (Gina, do you know?)   If not, is there any way that I could get one of you who attend the cruise to buy an extra one for me ???  (I'm SERIOUS!!!!)  I have been eagerly awaiting this for so long.

We'll be selling the book from this site, and those who purchase the book and are going on the cruise will have them delivered to them on the ship.  If you purchase a book and are not going on the cruise, the book will be shipped in the days following the cruise. 

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

I had a feeling that was what the surprise would be. How wonderful for Thorsten, Oh and his fans of course.  Thank you Gina and Bob.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
This is really great news, I thought this might be it and I'm really happy for Thorsten.

Thanks Gina and Bob for the update and see everyone in March.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Thanks, Gina, for relieving my mind.  Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!
    What a treat we have in store.   Yippee!

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Don't forget, you need to sign up soon - you don't have to pay for the thing in full right now, either, you can make a down-payment just to hold your place! - because the book launch will fill up, and the cruise may be sold out sooner rather than later!

And there are ways that you can drop the cost of your trip - if you get someone to put your name into their "referred by" section, you can get $50 off your trip, and there's NO limit to the number of people who can say you referred them.  So you can even wind up getting a free trip out of it if you bring in enough people!

And TK's event isn't the only fun to be had - there are going to be tons of other events that will be unique to the cruise. 

Hope to see you there!

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Gina I know I would love to go to this cruise...However, with my competitive gymnast competing that weekend it is not happening.  Wahhhhh

Just want to know is there another way to get this book signed?  And is there another Booksigning scheduled that isn't during competition season?

Thanks

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy
Gina I know I would love to go to this cruise...However, with my competitive gymnast competing that weekend it is not happening.  Wahhhhh

Just want to know is there another way to get this book signed?  And is there another Booksigning scheduled that isn't during competition season?

Thanks

At the present, we're focusing all our energy on the book and the cruise, and can't commit to future events, although we'd love to do another booksigning like the last one.  We'll let you all know when we start planning for any other signing events.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

Quote:

Thanks

At the present, we're focusing all our energy on the book and the cruise, and can't commit to future events, although we'd love to do another booksigning like the last one.  We'll let you all know when we start planning for any other signing events.

Thanks for answering me.  I look forward to hear more about one.  The last one was great and hope to be able to attend another.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
We'll be selling the book from this site, and those who purchase the book and are going on the cruise will have them delivered to them on the ship.  If you purchase a book and are not going on the cruise, the book will be shipped in the days following the cruise. 

Good morning Gina,
I was wondering if there is any update on when the book will be posted for sale and what the procedure will be for those of us that are going cruising.  I know you must be incredibly busy and appreciate any info you can pass on.  Thank you so much!  See you soon.

Thanks Mon
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherDi
Quote:

Good morning Gina,
I was wondering if there is any update on when the book will be posted for sale and what the procedure will be for those of us that are going cruising.  I know you must be incredibly busy and appreciate any info you can pass on.  Thank you so much!  See you soon.

Sorry, Di...we can't answer that yet.

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Thank you Christy.  I hope you are doing well, see you soon too!!

Thanks Mon
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherDi

Thank you Christy.  I hope you are doing well, see you soon too!!

Four weeks...!

I wanted to give you a little more detailed answer but needed to make sure it was OK first.

Due to circumstances beyond the control of all of us (I'm not referring to Kathy's health here), there is a good chance Thorsten's book won't be ready in time for the cruise. In that event we will in effect be having a book launch without the book, but with readings from it and something for signing. And don't worry, we will have a way for those on the cruise to get an autographed copy of the book first, after the cruise. And Thorsten is committed to having a really good event with or without the book.

Sadly, one of the circumstances beyond our control was the passing this week of Thorsten's dear friend Dorothy Bridges, who passed away on Monday. So we are delaying publication of A Solid Wheel of Colored Ribbons in order to honor her memory in the book.

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I'm so sorry to hear of Mrs. Bridges' passing, I'm sure Thorsten is devastated by the loss of another dear friend.  My condolences to Thorsten and the Bridges family.

Quote:

So we are delaying publication of A Solid Wheel of Colored Ribbons in order to honor her memory in the book.
What a wonderful thing to do. 

Thank you Christy for everything.

Thanks Mon
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Christy, So sorry to hear about Dorothy Bridges passing. Please extend my condolences to Thorsten and Mrs. Bridges family.  Poor Thorsten, first Myrtle and then Mrs. Bridges. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful book signing with or without the book. Just being with Thorsten is enough.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
So sorry to hear about Dorothy Bridges.  I wouldn't expect anything less from TK than to honor her memory, as he did so beautifully, Eileen's, with "Highland Song".  If we have to wait a little longer for the book, that's ok, because I'm sure with or without a book, I know TK will make it a memorable event.  He always does!

My condolences to TK and to the Bridges family, as well.

Thanks for the info, Christy.  Hope all continues to go well for Kathy, too.  See you in 4 weeks!!  Yikes!  I'd better start packing!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Thanks for letting us know Christy.   So sorry to hear about another loss for TK of one of his dear friends.  My heart goes out to the mahn.  Give Thorsten my condolences.

I look forward to seeing him anyway on the cruise and of course all my TK fan friends that I have met from this very board....Yes I am now going.

I hate to ask this question after learning of this sad information...My cousin is interested in a book.  I was going to purchase one for her have it signed hopefully for her on the cruise, she just celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary so it was a present for her and she is also a huge Zach fan but doesn't have internet access.  So even though she isn't going to be on the cruise would she be able to get a signed copy?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Thanks, Christy. I'm so sorry to hear about Dorothy Bridges. My condolences to Thorsten and to the Bridges family.

Thanks Fil!
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

I am so sorry to hear about Dorothy Bridges. Thorsten has had a rough winter, losing two of his dear friends so close together. A sad time for him. Thanks for telling us.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

So sorry to hear about Dorothy Bridges passing & I can only imagine how much this has affected Thorsten.  He really has had a lot of heartbreak the past year, losing two of his beloved friends & my heart goes out to him.  My deepest condolences to Thorsten and family & also the entire Bridges family.  I'm very sure we will all have a wonderful cruise with Thorsten reading passages & doing a signing anyway.  It will be all the more meaningful when we all get our books!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:

Thanks for letting us know Christy.   So sorry to hear about another loss for TK of one of his dear friends.  My heart goes out to the mahn.  Give Thorsten my condolences.

I look forward to seeing him anyway on the cruise and of course all my TK fan friends that I have met from this very board....Yes I am now going.

I hate to ask this question after learning of this sad information...My cousin is interested in a book.  I was going to purchase one for her have it signed hopefully for her on the cruise, she just celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary so it was a present for her and she is also a huge Zach fan but doesn't have internet access.  So even though she isn't going to be on the cruise would she be able to get a signed copy?

I'm sure we can work something out.  We still plan to do a booksigning after the book is ready, too.

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

I'm sure we can work something out.  We still plan to do a booksigning after the book is ready, too.

I hate to Eeeeeeeeeee in a thread that has turned into condolences for the very sad passing of Dorothy Bridges, and not to take anything away from the sadness of that, but another booksigning?!!!!!!!! Awesome! Thanks Christy for the info! Lexy will be very happy to hear this news.

Thanks Fil!
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

I will do a subdued "eee", too, Sandi!  That's great news, Christy!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

Am sorry I missed this post yesterday - My condolences to Thorsten. Its not easy loosing special friends - but how wonderful to have been one

Ande
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

Thanks Christy! It was a strange way I found out my cousin loves TK.  See I don't talk about my obsession to family LOL and she doesn't have access to the internet. My brother let her use his computer when he was in town and she saw my picture with TK on IM.  She calls me up and yells at me because he is her favorite actor on AMC and I got to meet him. 

Needless to say I can't wait for the other booksigning too!!! I know I'll be wanting to go to that also.

I can't believe I'm going to this cruise.  I'm even missing my daughters gymnastics competition...mean mom!!

Thanks again.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 

So sorry to hear about Mrs. Bridges; I really loved her poems in the book so much. Thanks for telling us.

Thanks Fil!
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Christy and Gina, thanks for the update.   I too would like to give my condolences to Thorsten and his family along with the family of Dorothy Bridges.    I know all to well what it's like to loose someone close especially more than one within months of each other.

I'm also excited to see everyone next month and also look forward to Thorsten's book signing here in the states as well.

Thank you and see you all soon!!

Beverly

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.