Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Can anyone PLEASE help us who are 'technically challenged' figure out how to watch the
"live streaming" of the Awards Show tomorrow night??

Pretty sure last year, somehow I got it, but it kept going in and out and was fuzzy, so finally I just gave up!

Wish they could just broadcast it on a REGULAR CHANNEL on tv!!  [explode]
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Apparently you have to watch it on Facebook. The Daytime Emmys twitter page posted the link. So it's not complicated but Facebook Live doesn't always play nice with my laptop so I wish they were using Livestream like they did a few years ago.
zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Well, I found it!  It only blacked out for about 15 minutes - during the B&B celebrating 30 years...

Susan Lucci looked stunning!  Heather Tom was beautiful! 
I guess congratulations are in order for Scott Clifton for best actor, but
how in the world could he have won in that category, when the BEST ACTOR wasn't even nominated????  [hair]

Oh, and when TK did the voice of the AMC poem during the Agnes Nixon memorial...
best part of the show![clap]
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Congrats to Scott!

I very glad the character he portrays has a respectful and meaningful relationship for

TK character!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderella

Oh, and when TK did the voice of the AMC poem during the Agnes Nixon memorial...
best part of the show![clap]

ITA!!! Thankfully was about the only part of the show that my computers (tried two different ones plus an iPad) didn't crap out on! It froze nonstop throughout the whole show - I gave up trying to watch during the BB tribute.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Overall I thought the Emmy show last night was a big improvement over recent previous efforts, and the tribute to Agnes Nixon was wonderful. Susan Lucci looked incredible -- Jim (my hubby) was watching with me and he could not believe she is 70. Her heartfelt, emotional speech was truly lovely, and I'm so happy TK was part of the tribute as well! His recital of the AMC creed at the end was perfect. It not only choked me up, it choked Jim up too.

Has anybody read Agnes Nixon's new book? I got it for my Kindle several weeks ago, but haven't started it yet.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
I'll answer my own question to say I finished Agnes Nixon's book last night. A few actors other than Susan Lucci are mentioned in it, but mostly non-recent ones, so no mention of TK in the text, but he is pictured with other cast members in the 10,000th episode photo included in the photos section.

The first half of the book is a look at Agnes Nixon's childhood/early adulthood, and how she became a writer. For long-time AMC/OLTL fans especially, though, I recommend the book. It really took me back (and made me miss those shows all over again... fuck you, ABC!)! It was interesting to find out how she was inspired to write some of the early storylines. So sad that she passed away just a few days after finishing the book.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for the review, Kathy!  I bought the book when it first came out and have only read a chapter...  I have never heard anyone say one thing bad about her, and all the actors who worked with her have nothing but praise!
Need to get it out and finish the book! 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.