Message Board

 

Main Section
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Alina

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #1 
What a sad, bizarre Monday    It's raining and gloomy outside and somehow the dreariness seems very appropriate for the first Monday w/o All My Children; the first Monday once again learning to live without Zach Slater and for the first airing of the show that shall not be named and that shall not be watched by yours truly...ever!

Even during the times that I didn't watch AMC, it was still comforting to know that I could and it was there to entertain me & make me laugh or frustrate and anger me or just simply give me something to look forward to to break up my long work day...if I chose to watch.

What a PITA this all is

Wishing, hoping, praying that Thorsten returns to our screens soon in a role and venue that makes him as happy as he's made us since we first laid eyes on him...which in my case is that wonderful day in 1995 when Patrick Thornhart entered the Wild Swan and planted a breathtaking kiss on his beloved Margaret. 

__________________
ALINA
Proud Member of the OTKWS &
Lover of all things Thorsten Kaye

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #2 
OMG, the reality is sinking in and I am slowly coming out of the state of denial.  All this time, I had been chanting that famous Scarlett mantra "I will think about it tomorrow".........  

ITA Alina, it is a sad day indeed to not have that comfort of knowing that Zach Slater is out there in that other little world.  Even though I didn't watch too often post AMC's move to LA, there was that little hope that Zach Slater would show up some day and light up the screen (or should I say "set ablaze the screen") once again!  Now it is really over, and the only comfort is knowing that the Slater boys are happy and healthy.  I really have my doubts about PP and whether Mr. Kaye would make the move to on-line format.  If he does, of course I would be thrilled and be watching again, but I would rather not start hoping, if you know what I mean


__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
ShadyLady

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,233
Reply with quote  #3 

I tweeted Mary earlier saying I just remembered no more AMC today.      Now what?   Come back soon TK.    


__________________
Donna :)
Christy

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/
Administrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,524
Reply with quote  #4 
Did anybody see the AMC skit that SNL did  about the cancellation - it was lame, lame, lame!

But it's so ironic how much publicity the cancellation has gotten and how much interest the media obviously seems to think there still is about AMC - or they wouldn't be writing about it or producing specials on it (no matter how much that TVG special sucked).

I just hate that the soap era is coming to an end, and I HATE that Brian Frons still has a job.




__________________
Christy
[black_cat]
[tk_cs_ribbons_avatar]
Alina

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Did anybody see the AMC skit that SNL did  about the cancellation - it was lame, lame, lame!

Figures but I didn't see it.  Is it worth googling or is it so lame that it's best not to be seen, lol?



__________________
ALINA
Proud Member of the OTKWS &
Lover of all things Thorsten Kaye

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Christy

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/
Administrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,524
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Did anybody see the AMC skit that SNL did  about the cancellation - it was lame, lame, lame!

Figures but I didn't see it.  Is it worth googling or is it so lame that it's best not to be seen, lol?



It's not even worth googling, Alina. Let's just say the cast member who played Susan Lucci was born to play Mylie Cyrus and that's about it.

__________________
Christy
[black_cat]
[tk_cs_ribbons_avatar]
searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Did anybody see the AMC skit that SNL did  about the cancellation - it was lame, lame, lame!

Figures but I didn't see it.  Is it worth googling or is it so lame that it's best not to be seen, lol?


I agree with Christy, it wasn't just lame, it was lame, lame, lame!  I wish I had NOT seen it.

__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
Kathy

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/
Administrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,287
Reply with quote  #8 
It's worth Googling to see SNL's " Either 7th or 8th GOP Debate" skit -- if you need a laugh (and you follow politics) that was hysterical. The AMC skit was a disappointment. Jim does a more convincing impression of Susan Lucci than the actress who played her in the skit and it really had nothing to do with AMC, was more just a spoof at soaps in general.

Anyway, I know what you mean about the comforting feeling of knowing AMC was always there. Its absence creates a real shift in the universe. It feels similar to when TK left and Zach "died," only more hopeless. Maybe AMC will come back online or on some other channel, but I have always been skeptical about how well that the PP proposal would work. I guess we'll see.

Funny you should mention Patrick because I recently redid my old web site devoted to him, now I'm kicking myself for not holding off until now, when I really need the distraction. Oh well.

At least there's HGTV and TCM... and Antenna TV and the Hallmark Chanel... and if all else fails, QVC. (g)

So... did anybody watch The Chew?! Not me, that's for sure.

__________________
Order your copy of Thorsten's new book now!
peggy

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,075
Reply with quote  #9 

Sincerely hope that no one watched The Chew - So glad that TK was there at the finish - He wanted to be there - He has a lot of class and for so many of us he is the show - Know just how you all feel - Peggy

pah

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,094
Reply with quote  #10 
   Wrapping my day around the "Zach Hour" has been so ingrained in me for so long now that I had trouble adjusting today. I spent most of the morning on the computer, rearranging  and reorganizing my latest snappie downloads, and even though my MIND was sadly very aware that AMC was gone, I guess my heart could not accept it, because I found that every few minutes I would catch  myself checking the clock to make sure it was not time to sign off and turn on the TV.  I wonder how long it will take me to break this Pavlovian habit.  No, I did not watch the unmentionable replacement and never will.  Instead I tried to distract myself by making an especially good lunch  and watching a recording of last night's "Breaking Bad."   Lunchtimes are going to be lonely and empty for a long long time, I'm afraid
Alina

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
So... did anybody watch The Chew?! Not me, that's for sure.


Hell No, lol.  I've got zero interest.  I'm not even curious enough to see how bad it could possibly be, lol. 

My pickings at 1pm are now slim to none.  Y&R bores me and the blinking/lip smacking Camelson lives on DOOL...so I rather spend my lunch hour outdoors, walking!

__________________
ALINA
Proud Member of the OTKWS &
Lover of all things Thorsten Kaye

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

susa

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #12 
It is a very sad day.
Even though I rarely watched the show live and pretty much only watched when TK was on, I'm shocked that AMC on ABC is no more.  (also have to admit I'm shocked that Frons is still employed).

Thank you Christy, Kathy, and Gina for this wonderful website that has allowed me to enjoy TK's work and your commentary.

NY magazine had a clever AMC timeline.  If you haven't seen it here is the link: http://nymag.com/arts/tv/features/all-my-children-2011-9/

I hope the PP venture is a big success and that at some point someone at ABC realizes what they threw away.  If TK doesn't continue on with the show then I hope to see him create a totally different character in something new.
searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #13 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
I'm not even curious enough to see how bad it could possibly be, lol. 

OMG Alina, I was thinking the exact same words, LOL.  ZERO interest, NOPE, won't watch!

 

I forgot to say, the lame skit was so lame, I did not laugh or even chuckle one single time, and to think it was SNL!


__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
Maisie

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #14 

The SNL skit was horrible! (even with my boyfriend Alec Baldwin in it).  There is an SNL skit from probably the late 80's with Susan Lucci called "All My Luggage" that was definitely funnier.

pah

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,094
Reply with quote  #15 
 Susa, this is just my opinion:    I think Frons is still employed because he did EXACTLY what he was HIRED to do........kill off the soaps!  AMC obviously wanted to save money by using cheap "reality" garbage, so I think they got themselves a "hit man."  Heck, Frons probably got a bonus!  Yukkkkk!
toosie

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 184
Reply with quote  #16 
Soapnet is showing episodes at 3:00 am.   Last night was Zach & Dixie on trial in 2006.
searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #17 

Thanks toosie.  I didn't know that.  Are they randomly picking episodes?  I just checked my DirecTV guide to see if I can find out more, and it does not give any episode info .


__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
Alina

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Thanks toosie.  I didn't know that.  Are they randomly picking episodes?  I just checked my DirecTV guide to see if I can find out more, and it does not give any episode info .


I caught it and set my dvr to record from now on.  The episode that aired is the one where Zach and Dixie are acquitted, Zach drops Dixie off at Tad's and heads to condo to ask Kendall if they still have a chance.  I'm pretty sure they are going to go in order.  If so, the next episode is a great Zach one and a masterpiece by TK. 

I guess I'm just not ready to say goodbye to Thorsten's Zach and I don't think I ever will be!

__________________
ALINA
Proud Member of the OTKWS &
Lover of all things Thorsten Kaye

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

toosie

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 184
Reply with quote  #19 
Me either Alina.   I was soooo happy to find the episode last night.  
searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
I guess I'm just not ready to say goodbye to Thorsten's Zach and I don't think I ever will be!
I should have fessed up earlier that I set my DVR to soapnet as soon as I saw toosie's post. Just can't walk away from him!

I hope PP people have the sense not to recast Zach IMO.

__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
SCSharon

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,209
Reply with quote  #21 

I recorded it, too & so enjoyed having my Zach-fix this aftn!!  OMG - he takes my breath away sitting there so hawt & sexy & gorgeous in that suit!  That is maximum mega red hot Zach Slater!!  If they go in order, reunion zex is coming up soon.


__________________
Sharon
pah

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,094
Reply with quote  #22 
 The  "explanation/confession "episode you are talking about is one of my all-time favorites.  Luckily I recorded it when it was first on, and I watch it often. I rearranged the scenes so that I  have the unbroken Zach/Kendall part, then the  entire Tad/Dixie part. I even made an audio disc of the Z/K conversation so I can listen to it in bed now and then. I think all four actors did a really great job with this segment. I always expect (and get) this greatness from TK, but was also very impressed with Tad (MEK),.... one of his best moments IMO.
paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 144
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
It's worth Googling to see SNL's " Either 7th or 8th GOP Debate" skit -- if you need a laugh (and you follow politics) that was hysterical. The AMC skit was a disappointment. Jim does a more convincing impression of Susan Lucci than the actress who played her in the skit and it really had nothing to do with AMC, was more just a spoof at soaps in general.

Anyway, I know what you mean about the comforting feeling of knowing AMC was always there. Its absence creates a real shift in the universe. It feels similar to when TK left and Zach "died," only more hopeless. Maybe AMC will come back online or on some other channel, but I have always been skeptical about how well that the PP proposal would work. I guess we'll see.

Funny you should mention Patrick because I recently redid my old web site devoted to him, now I'm kicking myself for not holding off until now, when I really need the distraction. Oh well.

At least there's HGTV and TCM... and Antenna TV and the Hallmark Chanel... and if all else fails, QVC. (g)

So... did anybody watch The Chew?! Not me, that's for sure.
I have not seen the Chew...I immediately turn off my TV at that time and wander in my home...and wonder what to do with myself..Its been a week of hell.  I WILL NEVER WATCH THE CHEW....I would love to see the Numbers
paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 144
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah
 The  "explanation/confession "episode you are talking about is one of my all-time favorites.  Luckily I recorded it when it was first on, and I watch it often. I rearranged the scenes so that I  have the unbroken Zach/Kendall part, then the  entire Tad/Dixie part. I even made an audio disc of the Z/K conversation so I can listen to it in bed now and then. I think all four actors did a really great job with this segment. I always expect (and get) this greatness from TK, but was also very impressed with Tad (MEK),.... one of his best moments IMO.
PAH I so agree with you, wonderful moments to take in...and that Tad...he is second only to Zach....love them both...A week after the last show I am still reeling with... the loss of my TV family.  Wish I were Celebrating the loss of Brian Frons
SCSharon

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,209
Reply with quote  #25 

Kathy, fyi - the numbers came out Thurs nite & the first day ABC was bragging up their asses about how it was on an equal footing with AMC the past yrs.  Then - they have steadily dropped the next days til by Fri, they were already in deep do-do.  Which makes me squeal!  EW even put out their "Bulllseye" on Mario Batali- telling him, "you are No Susan Lucci"!!  LOL!  And AMC's ratings went thru the roof last wk!!  Espec the Fri show which hit almost 3.5 million viewers - highest ratings since '95 for that day!  If the C#?# doesn't climb up - IDK how they can justify keeping it.


__________________
Sharon
paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 144
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

Kathy, fyi - the numbers came out Thurs nite & the first day ABC was bragging up their asses about how it was on an equal footing with AMC the past yrs.  Then - they have steadily dropped the next days til by Fri, they were already in deep do-do.  Which makes me squeal!  EW even put out their "Bulllseye" on Mario Batali- telling him, "you are No Susan Lucci"!!  LOL!  And AMC's ratings went thru the roof last wk!!  Espec the Fri show which hit almost 3.5 million viewers - highest ratings since '95 for that day!  If the C#?# doesn't climb up - IDK how they can justify keeping it.

Thank  you ever so much for sharing those numbers...It just makes me jump up and down...!!!!! Thrilled to pieces....and with any luck...MR FRONS will get what he has been trying to do ...to the soaps.  AND the powers that be will scramble to bring back AMC...what a pipe dream I know...BUT stranger things have happened ...Look at STAR TREK...Start writing to ABC again...just maybe we could succeed.
searose

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,283
Reply with quote  #27 
Thanks Sharon for the tidbit about ratings.  I don't usually delight in someone's failure, but I will make exception this time, LOL.

If all they wanted was to save production costs, they could have done what Soapnet is doing.  RERUNS of AMC!!!!!!!!!!!  Sponsors only care if you have viewers and old AMC reruns would still get better ratings than P...HEW, no costs involved, LOL. 

__________________
**************************************
Thorsten Kaye Fan Forever!!!!!
**************************************
Kathy

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/
Administrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,287
Reply with quote  #28 
Sharon, your post made my heart sing!

I wonder how long it is before ABC cuts it losses and spits out The Chew (and hopefully along with the top food poisoner himself, Brian Frons).

__________________
Order your copy of Thorsten's new book now!
SCSharon

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,209
Reply with quote  #29 

Glad I could bring such good tidings, Kathy!  It made my heart soar, too!  Is it wrong to be deliriously happy over another's misfortune?  Anyway- may it continue it's downward spiral, til it is circling the drain.  Orange clogs & all!


__________________
Sharon
SCSharon

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,209
Reply with quote  #30 

Glad I could bring such good tidings, Kathy!  It made my heart soar, too!  Is it wrong to be deliriously happy over another's misfortune?  Anyway- may it continue it's downward spiral, til it is circling the drain.  Orange clogs & all!


__________________
Sharon
pah

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,094
Reply with quote  #31 
I am so happy to hear the  AMC's "replacement"  is bombing!  I haven't seen one second of it, but will still cheer if it folds.  At 1:00 I simply watch one of my Z-discs while eating lunch as usual.......not as satisfying as a new epi would be  but better then no Z at all , until he can find a way to return to us (I hope, I hope , I hope!)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.