Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello ladies!!!

Today is my first day using my Nook to access this site. I find I can view the daily clips that are posted. However, I was in the mood for some Zach today and kept getting an error message. [frown]

This is my 6th week out of work so if you ann nelp...you mighg save me from dying of boredom!!!

Thanks

June
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
June, our Zach and pre-Zach clips use a format viewable only on PC's/laptops. I've started experimenting with converting those clips to the smart phone/tablet-compatible format, without sacrificing quality too much, but so far it's a hit or miss process.

If you can let me know which specific Zach clips you especially want to watch on your Nook, I'll try converting them. Good luck with your recuperation!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks so much Kathy...but I can get to my desktop.

June
LilBit318

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I've been converting the Zach clips here myself so I can enjoy them during my down time at work on my ipod. So far, they've all come out well on my itunes. If anyone is interested, the converter I use is (AVC) Any Video Converter. Its able to convert to several different formats.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
LilBit, that's one of the converters I've tried too, but I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the older videos vis-à-vis the file size. But if it works for you, that's great. Sounds like you found a good solution.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Just curious, was it on iTunes you were converting to or something else? Was just wondering if maybe it was something different and maybe that's why the quality wasn't as good. I find its not that bad.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
OK, to make a long story short, I tried again with better success... thank goodness. I could have lived with a fairly marginal picture quality since the older clips were made at a lower resolution to begin with, but the converted mp4's sound was out of sync. Maybe using a newer, faster, more recent O/S PC (as opposed to my old laptop) this time made a difference. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the conversion project in the not too distant future. Oh, I've never used iTunes for videos.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
When I try to view some of the B&B video clips, I get the error message "Video format or MIME type is not supported".  I use the VLC media player.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
That's because that server was upgraded and it totally screwed with some of our videos. When you get that message, right click on the video link to download it to watch from your own device.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
That worked, thank you!!!  Looks like it screwed with the picture quality as well.  [frown]

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.