Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Auntinette

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 

The last I remember, this had been sent the the illustrator, or something. Will there be another book signing event featuring this? I know there was talk earlier of making it (book signing) an annual event, but I know how life just comes at you sometimes, or doesn't. Thanks for the update.

Site Meter

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
We'll let you know whenever there is anything to report!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Hmmm, I should have known that.  You are always on top of everything.  I thought maybe I'd missed something, but I should have known there would have been chatter all over if plans were finalized.  Thanks!!  Have a great weekend.

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
We promised we'd report in when we had anything to report! 

We had dinner with Thorsten last night (that's why there was no video yesterday and won't be one until much later today, if at all!) and went over the layout and specifics of the book.  There are still a few details to iron out, but we're now well on the way to publishing the book.  

Stay tuned to this space:  There will be at least one (and probably more than one) book signing events, among other things.  We're so excited about this book, and thrilled to be a part of making it a reality!

And PS:  You guys are going to ADORE it - it's sure to be a classic!

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Great News - thank you Gina - I had the feeling something might be brewing!!  Look forward to more info!!

and thats why we did not see him at the Game????

Ande
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

WOW!  Now you've got us all excited & salivating over the prospect!  I know my 2 little toddler grandsons will love it & I cannot wait to get my hands on it.  And will be at the booksigning, too, with bells on!  Thanks for the great news Gina!  I'm sure you all enjoyed the company at dinner!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Thanks for the update Gina, hope you all had a great time.

Thanks Mon
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks for the info Gina, I too thought that something was brewing but never said anything. I thought you might say "shut up Enis and wait". so I shut up. Hope you all had a wonderful time with Thorsten, he is such a nice man.

Take care,
Enis

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you, Gina for posting an update.

I can't wait. Its going to be the first gift I present to my niece's brand new triplets.
Start them off early on the TK lovin.

Beth

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for the update Gina.   Can't wait to see the book and for the book signing.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
GREAT NEWS, GINA. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE. YOU JUST MADE MY DAY.

NO DOUBT THIS IS GOING TO BE A "BEST SELLER". CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE BOOK, AND OF COURSE SEE THORSTEN AT THE BOOK SIGNING AND CELEBRATE WITH YOU GUYS.

CHEERS GINA......

Sophie

jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
We promised we'd report in when we had anything to report! 

We had dinner with Thorsten last night (that's why there was no video yesterday and won't be one until much later today, if at all!) and went over the layout and specifics of the book.  There are still a few details to iron out, but we're now well on the way to publishing the book.  

Stay tuned to this space:  There will be at least one (and probably more than one) book signing events, among other things.  We're so excited about this book, and thrilled to be a part of making it a reality!

And PS:  You guys are going to ADORE it - it's sure to be a classic!

OK - let me get this straight!  You abandoned US to have dinner with Thorsten to discuss your publishing his book of poetry for children? 

Let me see, make clips for the MB; dinner with Thorsten to discuss your publishing his book of poetry for children?  Make clips for the MB; dinner with Thorsten to discuss your publishing his book of poetry for children?  Make clips for the MB; dinner with Thorsten to discuss your publishing his book of poetry for children?  Make clips for the MB; dinner with Thorsten to discuss your publishing his book of poetry for children?  Make clips for the MB; dinner with Thorsten to discuss your publishing his book of poetry for children?

OK, I guess it's a good "excuse." 
kchistory

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for the book to be published.

Thanks Fil!
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Thanks for the heads up Gina!  Can't wait for the details.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Kathy, Christy or Gina I have a question about the book.  I think I read somewhere (and my brain just can't quite bring it to the front where it was) that proceeds from the book will go to children's cancer research...or am I imagining this.  I know Thorsten donates a great deal to children's charities and was wondering which one this will be.  He is the MOST generous man and this does not surprise me at all.  Thanks again for any information you can give.

Thanks Mon
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherDi
Kathy, Christy or Gina I have a question about the book. I think I read somewhere (and my brain just can't quite bring it to the front where it was) that proceeds from the book will go to children's cancer research...or am I imagining this. I know Thorsten donates a great deal to children's charities and was wondering which one this will be. He is the MOST generous man and this does not surprise me at all. Thanks again for any information you can give.

No, you aren't imagining things, that's the plan.

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Thank you so much for confirming what I thought I knew Christy.  Thorsten really is an incredible, giving person, just one of the reasons he is loved and respected by so many!

Thanks Mon
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:

Thank you so much for confirming what I thought I knew Christy. Thorsten really is an incredible, giving person, just one of the reasons he is loved and respected by so many!

ICAM, Di!

TKdreamey

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
A question for our dear Mods;

Is Thorsten going to recite his poems from the new book? Like the one he did so beautifully from Timber Ridge to Daymer Gardens?

I sure hope so.  The combination of his voice and his accent is just breathtaking....IMO.... I still get goose pumps every time I put his CD on.

Thorsten's voice is as beautiful & amazing as Andrea Bocelli's
..Calming yet Powerful.......
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #20 
Sophie, we think a CD would be the perfect complement to Thorsten's new book of poems (which are so poignant, humorous, imaginative, clever, and/or just plain cuuuuute that it just kills us -- they beg to be read aloud), and he's discussed it with us, but no decision has been made yet.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!  I was just discussing TK's children's book with hubby!!  Yes!!  An accompanying CD would be just awesome!  Lexy still listens to her Timber Ridge CD all the time -- imagine a children's CD to go with the book -- she'd be in HEAVEN!  And so would I! Heeee!

Thanks Fil!
TKdreamey

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Sophie, we think a CD would be the perfect complement to Thorsten's new book of poems (which are so poignant, humorous, imaginative, clever, and/or just plain cuuuuute that it just kills us -- they beg to be read aloud), and he's discussed it with us, but no decision has been made yet.

Thank you, Kathy. It sounds wonderful. I can hardly wait for the book to come out. And hopefully accompanying CD.
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Kathy, thanks for the update, I too can't wait and feel a CD with TK reciting would be a definite plus as I truly enjoy the CD from Timber Ridge and also purchased a few for some of my son's teacher's who really enjoyed the poetry.

Thanks and keep us posted. 

PS, do we have any idea as to when the book signing may occur?

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Thanks for the update Kathy!  ITA a CD would be a fabulous addition! I listen to my Timber Ridge CD everytime I get in my car & nothing compares to that lush, smoky baritone voice of TK's.  So looking forward to a booksigning & hope it'll be soon!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Really looking forward to the book coming out.  My Samantha (6) and Sawyer (3) loved, "A leathery lizard lived with a wizard . . . if it's made by my best friend and me . . . "  I kept getting "read it again!" and Samantha being the GIRL that she is asked, "is the cake chocolate?"  I know they would love an audio version with Thorsten's voice - but then wouldn't we all? 

Any word as yet on when the book might be out and a book-signing might be scheduled?  I may move to Auckland New Zealand with family next year, so hopefully before that.  Or, how about scheduling one "down-under?"  Thorsten - ever been? 

I hate alarm clocks - especially at 4:30 AM (!) and his Timber Ridge CD has been such a gift to wake to - certainly puts me in a much better mind-set to start my day.  So, LEAN on him a little bit for the audio version as well - just not during hockey season.   

kchistory

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #26 
A CD would be a great addition; as who can't get enough of that voice?

Thanks for the update and really looking forward to buying the book!

Thanks Fil!
Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I really hope that Thorsten goes ahead with making the CD.  What a wonderful addition that would be to accompany his book.  I'm sure that my grandchildren are going to enjoy their copies of this book especially while hopefully listening to his voice reading it aloud to those of my little ones who can't read yet.

Thanks for the info, Kathy.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

Every time I start my car - this wonderful voice speaks to me ! love his poetry and think this next book will be wonderful on a cd also. What a calming influence he might have on some wild Indians!! I can't wait !!

Ande
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

I plan to buy the book for my new great grand daughter, who will be here next Wednesday at the latest.  I would sooo love to have a CD as well so she can, as her mom says, hear the poetry read by the man who wrote it, so she knows how it should sound.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 

[

Thorsten's voice is as beautiful & amazing as Andrea Bocelli's
..Calming yet Powerful.......

TKDreamy, I can't even believe you wrote this!  TK and Andrea Bocelli are the only CD's I have in my car!  Nothing soothes me like those two voices!  I've always thought, if TK has a singing voice, it must be like Andrea's!  So nice to know that someone else appreciates perfection!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

Gina... Do you have any idea WHEN this book will be available?  For some reason (don't know why) I thought it was scheduled for October, but haven't heard anything now for so long, I'm getting antsy. Really looking forward to this one (or ANYTHING Thorsten does!) and add me to the list of those hoping a CD will come with it. My " Timber Ridge" gets constant play. If it were a tape, it would have worn out long ago. LOVE THIS MAN !!!!!

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah

Gina... Do you have any idea WHEN this book will be available?  For some reason (don't know why) I thought it was scheduled for October, but haven't heard anything now for so long, I'm getting antsy. Really looking forward to this one (or ANYTHING Thorsten does!) and add me to the list of those hoping a CD will come with it. My " Timber Ridge" gets constant play. If it were a tape, it would have worn out long ago. LOVE THIS MAN !!!!!

Work is continuing on the project - you can't imagine how many things have to be done when publishing a book!  But we are one step closer to having the book completed.  All of the illustrations are finished (except for some finishing touches), the poems are assembled, and we're in the final design stages before the book goes to print.  I wish I could give you an exact date but we won't have an estimate on that until the book is actually on the printer's desk.

Stay tuned to this site for further info!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 

Thanks for the update Gina!  I'm sure it will be well worth waiting for & my two little toddler grandsons will love it!  I'll be waiting on the next update.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 

Thank you Gina for this great new news!! As you might remember my husband had been a teacher and Principal in our local school system so I am going to want to place TK's Childrens book in the schools. Just remember the roads stay pretty clear of snow until Thanksgiving!!!!!!! and my former (!) dil wants to  drive me there!!!  Thanks

Ande
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 

Thank you, Gina, for the prompt answer. Guess I'll just have to be patient for a while yet. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Well I feel like a kid at Christmas time.  I just received email notification that my copies of the book are ready to ship!  So Very Excited. 

Thank you Thorsten, Tami, Kathy, Christy and Gina for all your hard work and dedication! 

Thanks Mon
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Well I feel like a kid at Christmas time.  I just received email notification that my copies of the book are ready to ship!  So Very Excited. 

Thank you Thorsten, Tami, Kathy, Christy and Gina for all your hard work and dedication! 

Thank you, Di -- it was totally our pleasure -- we've been like kids on Christmas Eve until the book was finally ready and we could send it out to everyone! I just posted that the orders have now all been shipped, so hopefully (if the USPS cooperates) you'll have yours in 2 or 3 days!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 

EEEEEEEEEE!  I got the same email notifying me of shipment.   Can't wait!   Thanks K/C/G!!!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.