Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
lahna324

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I just tried to do the whole avatar thing and it looked like I did it correctly but the pic doesn't come up when I post.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm not the best with computers.  Thanks!!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahna324

I just tried to do the whole avatar thing and it looked like I did it correctly but the pic doesn't come up when I post.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm not the best with computers.  Thanks!!

Where did you upload the image to?

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Ummmmmm...I don't know if this is what you mean, but I clicked on the thing that said something about uploading (?) the pic from my computer, then I found the pic and selected it.  It looked like I did it right.  Do I need to do the URL site option???  Thanks for responding!
lahna324

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
OH!!! OH!!! It totally worked!!!  This is like the first "computer savy" thing I've done on my own!!  Very fitting that it's Zach related.  Thank you Kathy for helping!!!!  Yeah, my very own avatar!!
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 

OK, I'm glad you figured it out -- I can't make instructions any clearer than I do in my pinned post on this subject -- but it looks like you may be hotlinking to a photo on a web site that is not yours. Most sites prohibit third-party remote linking as it uses their bandwidth (which they are paying for). Please make sure you have permission to use the image this way before you link to it here (or anywhere).

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I read on another site that the place I got the pic from is fine with people using it, but just in case I'll remove it for now until I email the person.  Thanks for letting me know!!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.