Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Gera

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 

to have a video clip as an avatar? For example, I noticed some of you have clips from the show as your avatar, how do you do that? I'm not really great at that aspect of computer stuff but with a little help I can figure it out or at least get hubby to help me, he's a lot better with that stuff than I am.

Thanks,

Gera

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 

Those are animated gifs, i.e. a series of still images put together sequentially, kind of like a film strip. In order to make an animated gif you need a program to capture and save the images to your computer, and a graphics program to edit them and put them together.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Those are animated gifs, i.e. a series of still images put together sequentially, kind of like a film strip. In order to make an animated gif you need a program to capture and save the images to your computer, and a graphics program to edit them and put them together.

I kinda figured it was over my head but my hubby is really good with that stuff so thought I would give it a shot. He makes all kinds of movies and things, and has all sorts of programs that I don't know how to use! I know he has the graphics software and we have a thing that I think will capture from tv and save to computer (I know he uses it for putting home videos on the computer since we don't have a digital video camera). Maybe he can help me figure it out. Thanks for the info though!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.