Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I was watching a movie last night . . . "Must Love Dogs".  Cute chick flick with Diane Lane and John Cusak.

In the middle of the movie one of the characters recited "Brown Penny".  I could not believe it.

But I gotta tell ya . . . no one and I mean NO ONE can recite that poem like TK.  My daughter was shocked that I knew the words!!  LOL!!

June

Off to watch "Brown Penny".  And listen to how it is supposed to sound.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
That was Christopher Plummer  - he played her father - we saw that movie when it came out, and that one scene is the reason I try to catch it if I ever see it in my cable schedule. 

I remember reading how the Barnes & Noble bookstore near the OLTL studios sold out of the Yeats collection that contained Brown Penny after Patrick recited it the first time- that sent me straight to the library - I've been a Yeats fan ever since.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
That was Christopher Plummer  - he played her father - we saw that movie when it came out, and that one scene is the reason I try to catch it if I ever see it in my cable schedule. 

I was trying to place who the actor was and couldn't.  I was going to google him today.

Thanks!!

June
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Christy . . . I just noticed that "Must Love Dogs" is on again today at 6:00 on TBS.

June
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Christy . . . I just noticed that "Must Love Dogs" is on again today at 6:00 on TBS.

June

Synchronicity - thanks!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I was watching yesterday too, and when Plummer started into the poem I laughed and really perked up, anxious to hear how he would do it. I  must admit he did it rather well, but of course to me "Brown Penny" will always belong to Patrick. I almost felt like Plummer was stealing, which is foolish, I know. But  there are certain poems, words, and phrases that I so associate with TK, and  I can't ever hear them again without hearing them in HIS voice  and as HE delivered them. The man sticks with you, doesn't he?

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.