Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Now that all my guests have gone home, I was reading the previous thread, sitting here with a silly smile on my face and running through the memories of the weekend.  While all the thank-yous are nice (you're welcome! our pleasure!) what I want to hear are everyone's funny stories from the event. 

Saturday blew by in the blink of an eye, and there was so much going on that there is no way anyone could ever follow it all, so please - share your stories!

I'm going to tell on myself - Thorsten, Kathy, Christy and Tami are never going to let me live it down, anyway!  We all met up in our suite at the W before the event, so that Tami and Thorsten could relax for a few minutes after their drive down from CT and we could catch up and go through the day's plans. The first thing we did was show them the place - after all, the W's amenities are amazing.  And, of course, we took them out onto the balcony to show them the fabulous view of the NY skyline. 

Always the environmentalist, I didn't want to let all the air conditioning escape, so I turned and pulled the door shut behind us.  The door was heavy and I had to put some oomph into it.

Yup, you guessed it - when the door closed, I heard a small click, and realized that the latch had somehow locked.  I wish I had a picture of the look of horror on my face at precisely that moment.

I said "Oh, no, I did not!" and frantically started tugging on the door.  It wouldn't budge.  My heart just hit the cement under my feet, and as I turned reluctantly around, I could see the disbelief on TK's face.  He said "We don't even have a drink!" and Tami said, "Oh, damn, I meant to use the bathroom!"  Kathy and Christy just started laughing at my predicament, and Christy said she was glad it was me and not her that locked us out.  I was MORTIFIED.  (Kathy started dialing Cheri to chase down security to come up and let us out.  Yay for always carrying your cell phone on your person!)  TK tried to get it open, too, without success, of course.

I tried to protest my innocence, but TK kept teasing me, mock exasperation on his face.  I said there must something wrong with the engineering of the door if it locks when you close it - what if you were out here with no clothes? That just got me the TK raised eyebrows - Tami and the girls just cracked up.

When security got to the door, it would have to be the guy I was teasing the night before about having such a tough job. He stood and looked at me from the other side of the locked door, grinning and pointing at his watch.  He stood there a little while longer, enjoying my predicament, until I started begging him to please just open the *$(#& thing! 

Locking us, TK and Tami out on a hotel balcony will definitely go down in my mind as one of the silliest events of the weekend!

Honestly, the next few hours flew by in a blur for me, it was so busy - so if you have a story to tell - please do!

Site Meter

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Gina!!  If you could see me, sitting at my computer desk, freakin' hysterical laughing!!  God, I needed that!!!

As soon as I read the part "I turned around to close the door" I knew exactly what you did and I started laughing then and could barely continue reading!!

And yeah, I'm with TK . . . if I had a drink I would have be fine with the situation!!  LOL!!

Oh well . . . good times!!

It sounds like you ALL had a wonderful time and I am so happy for all of you!!

June
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Oh, my God, Gina!!  That's freakin' HILARIOUS!!!  I'm with Christy...glad it was you and not me, LOL!!  Well, nothing nearly that funny happened to me, but Sharon might have a story to share....

I did love what TK said to you, though when you were trying to explain to him that ladies take longer to pee than men, and he replied, "That's 'cause you guys wash your hands!"    I nearly died!  Such a TK thing to say!

Thanks so much for sharing that wonderful memory!  And thanks again for a great weekend!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
That was a great story Gina and I LOLed again even though I heard it from you in person. I don't really have a funny story to tell...but a cute one courtesy of Lexy. She recently got braces and had Gator colors put on her brackets. Well the night before at the hotel I started teasing her that TK would not like her brace colors because he is a Dolphin fan...and naturally...she started to get all worried about showing them to him. LOL So she came up with a plan...of course. The next day when he arrived at Trinity and he came to say hello to her she kind of covered her teeth and said to him "Do you like the Gators?" and he replied "Yeah they're cool" or something to that effect...I didn't really hear, so then she says "Oh Good" and flashes him a big smile with her Gator colored braces! He started laughing and then they proceeded to have a conversation about her braces. Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture or video of the moment. Lexy is staying at a friends house for a couple of days but when she gets home tomorrow I'll ask her for details of that conversation and what TK said to her and post it.

Thanks Fil!
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Gina, I'm still laughing.  Your balcony story will NEVER get old!   Priceless!!!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

OMG Gina that is too funny but if you have to get lock out of your room with anyone I guess the Mahn would be the one to be with.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

Locking us, TK and Tami out on a hotel balcony will definitely go down in my mind as one of the silliest events of the weekend!

Site Meter

Finally!  Finally!  FIIIII-NA-LY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gina, you have superceded my Beanie Baby Blunder of 1998!!!!

(Now it's Kathy's turn.)

(ETA:  You'll never hear me complaining about your mishap, tho'!!!)

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

Site Meter

(Now it's Kathy's turn.)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (Who needs TK if you can have BEANIE BABIES!) That was one for the record books, too!

PS:  I know we had at least two TK-virgins in the crowd - I'd love to hear how their first meetings with TK went!

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Now that all my guests have gone home, I was reading the previous thread, sitting here with a silly smile on my face and running through the memories of the weekend.  While all the thank-yous are nice (you're welcome! our pleasure!) what I want to hear are everyone's funny stories from the event. 

Saturday blew by in the blink of an eye, and there was so much going on that there is no way anyone could ever follow it all, so please - share your stories!

I'm going to tell on myself - Thorsten, Kathy, Christy and Tami are never going to let me live it down, anyway!  We all met up in our suite at the W before the event, so that Tami and Thorsten could relax for a few minutes after their drive down from CT and we could catch up and go through the day's plans. The first thing we did was show them the place - after all, the W's amenities are amazing.  And, of course, we took them out onto the balcony to show them the fabulous view of the NY skyline. 

Always the environmentalist, I didn't want to let all the air conditioning escape, so I turned and pulled the door shut behind us.  The door was heavy and I had to put some oomph into it.

Yup, you guessed it - when the door closed, I heard a small click, and realized that the latch had somehow locked.  I wish I had a picture of the look of horror on my face at precisely that moment.

I said "Oh, no, I did not!" and frantically started tugging on the door.  It wouldn't budge.  My heart just hit the cement under my feet, and as I turned reluctantly around, I could see the disbelief on TK's face.  He said "We don't even have a drink!" and Tami said, "Oh, damn, I meant to use the bathroom!"  Kathy and Christy just started laughing at my predicament, and Christy said she was glad it was me and not her that locked us out.  I was MORTIFIED.  (Kathy started dialing Cheri to chase down security to come up and let us out.  Yay for always carrying your cell phone on your person!)  TK tried to get it open, too, without success, of course.

I tried to protest my innocence, but TK kept teasing me, mock exasperation on his face.  I said there must something wrong with the engineering of the door if it locks when you close it - what if you were out here with no clothes? That just got me the TK raised eyebrows - Tami and the girls just cracked up.

When security got to the door, it would have to be the guy I was teasing the night before about having such a tough job. He stood and looked at me from the other side of the locked door, grinning and pointing at his watch.  He stood there a little while longer, enjoying my predicament, until I started begging him to please just open the *$(#& thing! 

Honestly, the next few hours flew by in a blur for me, it was so busy - so if you have a story to tell - please do!

Site Meter

OMGOsh Gina,thanks for the laughs.lol.TOO funny.This could of been an I Love Lucy episode.lol.Thanks for sharing,loving reading all these stories.Um,Sharon.OMG,Too much info,LoL!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Quote:

Site Meter

(Now it's Kathy's turn.)

(ETA:  You'll never hear me complaining about your mishap, tho'!!!)

Christy,don't know if i have ever heard this story,you have to share,please?lol.Only if you want to.lol!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Gina,
At Least you were with TK!
We has a loose lock on our sliding door to our apartment balcony. I went out in my P.J.'s to water plants and when I closed the door it locked behind me.
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Okay Christy . . . Beanie Baby story??  Spill . . . NOW!!  LOL!!

June

P.S.  And Sharon . . . I'm still hysterical over your story too!!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Gina,   I loved your lock-out story. I wouldn't mind getting locked in or out of anywhere as long as Thorsten was on the same side of the door as me!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #14 
Mary and June - just do a search on the board for "Beanie Babies" and it'll turn up (<--- loving our new smiley!).

Cindyb

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Here is my story….I was angry at the traffic jam after getting off the NJ Turnpike, but it turned out well.  Timing is everything!  As we pulled into the garage, I could see Kathy, Christy, Tami and Gina and waved to them.  Luckily I stopped the car when I did it, because walking toward them was TK.  Now I don’t think I would have run him over, but I become a different person when he is within 20 feet of me.  Christy said, “TK, Cindy just pulled in,” and as he strolled over to my car, I managed to put it in park and roll down the window.  He popped his head in the window and gave me his welcome kiss and shoulder rub and then peered over to see who was in the passenger seat.  I re-introduced Janet to him, of course he remembered her. Told him my sister could not make it and he asked why, is she ok? (because he remembered that last time she couldn’t make an event she was having surgery) His memory is amazing. Next comment from TK… you girls smell good, it smells so good in this car. (Wanted to invite him in but of course he had to go so he could get locked out on a balcony!!!  Hey if you are going to get locked out on a balcony let it be with Thorsten. Great idea Gina.)  As I watched him walk away I tried to park and then park and then park again.  Luckily I was on time for the main event; hope you all had as good a time as I did with this very special person.

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Wow, what wonderful, wonderful hilarious stories.   I love hearing all about your time.    I think it also so great that TK remembers you all each time.   What an amazing man.     Hmmmm, just thinking about being locked on the balcony with him.......

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Quote:
Mary and June - just do a search on the board for "Beanie Babies" and it'll turn up (<--- loving our new smiley!).

Hey Christy!!  I did a search and about 5 threads came up that mentioned Beanie Babies, but I didn't see anything about your funny story.

I can tell you thought that I was a freakin' FREAK when it came to those stupid little things.  My husband and I figure out I probaby spent about $2,000 on those things.  And trust me, we are in NO position for me to be speding that kinda money or horseshit like that!!  When I think about it and realize I could have my granite countertops I could SCREAM!!

But I'm dying to hear your story!!

June
================
June - here is a link:
http://forum.thorstenkaye.com/post/show_single_post?pid=26892379&postcount=42

Christy

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
PS:  I know we had at least two TK-virgins in the crowd - I'd love to hear how their first meetings with TK went!

Well, I'm sure no TK virgin however, everytime I'm lucky enough to see TK, it feels like the first time.  LOL!  Does that count? The man always turns my brain and insides to mush.   I love you, dude!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks for posting the link Christy!!  You know, about 6 threads popped up when I did the search and I went into ALL of them except the "Emmy" one thinking it would never be in there!!  LOL!!

Hysterical story!!

June

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Gina - The balcony story was really great - With him there I might not have called for help - The drink would be nice - Thanks to all of you for your stories about the trip - Peggy

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

ROFLMAO Christy that is TOO hilarious, the day TK learned not to get between Christy and the beanie babies!  I collected them too but I woulda been all what?  What beanie babies, I don't see any beanie babies, all I see is that.MAHN...THUD!  TOO funny!!!!!

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Gina, I cant believe you did that.!!!!! All locked out on the balcony with Thorsten, I should be so lucky. You will never live that down, not as long as I'm on the board. I'll also leave a note to that effect in my will.

We had such a wonderful time, you all really know how to put on a good show and Thorsten and Tami were in top form.(in other words, Thorsten was full of the devil).

I have a story, not as good as yours though.  I happened to mention to Brian that I was never in the right place for a kiss from TK, everyone else got one but me. Well apparently, my illustrious husband told TK and he came up to me and said "What's this about me not kissing you" (well I could have died on the spot). Anyway to cut a long story short, I got kisses all afternoon and one at the end. So I'm one happy camper.

Thanks again Gina, Kathy and Christy.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Quote:

Ok,i did Christy.Too Funny story.Thanks.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Gina, I loved your story and remember you telling us at the event as well.   I always enjoy seeing TK as well as the many friends I've made since his first booksigning in 2006.

Sharon, OMG, I'm still laughing about that guy and can still see his little bald head with her hands rubbing his head.

Thanks again for a great time.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Gina, I cant believe you did that.!!!!! All locked out on the balcony with Thorsten, I should be so lucky. You will never live that down, not as long as I'm on the board. I'll also leave a note to that effect in my will.

We had such a wonderful time, you all really know how to put on a good show and Thorsten and Tami were in top form.(in other words, Thorsten was full of the devil).

I have a story, not as good as yours though.  I happened to mention to Brian that I was never in the right place for a kiss from TK, everyone else got one but me. Well apparently, my illustrious husband told TK and he came up to me and said "What's this about me not kissing you" (well I could have died on the spot). Anyway to cut a long story short, I got kisses all afternoon and one at the end. So I'm one happy camper.

Take care,
Enis

I would say your hubby deserves something special for hooking you up LOL
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Take care,
Enis

OMG, Enis, I knew Brian was a keeper!!!!

KimPetro

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

Quote:

Well, I'm sure no TK virgin however, everytime I'm lucky enough to see TK, it feels like the first time.  LOL!  Does that count? The man always turns my brain and insides to mush.   I love you, dude!

Great picture Alina! 

Salad and parsley, are for moms to stay thinner...Thorsten Kaye

LOVE LIFE...Tami Evans Foster

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened" author unknown
Eleven81

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 

I don't have any funny stories to share, but I've enjoyed reading all of yours...all hilarious!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

Quote:

I was with one and believe me she was nervous.  I had to send her back to get a picture taken with TK.  Believe me it turned out great.

My memories about this great weekend started out with Jodi.  The poor girl had a heck of a bad week and she kept asking me if I really wanted to chance it with her.  Seeing TK made me confident her bad luck wouldn't rub off on me...well she just took me for the ride.  It started with the plane ride...the plane had a warning signal that was on, so we sat on the tarmac as they rebooted (shut down) the airplane.  That helped the signal turn off...not my stomach though.  Didn't know you could cold boot an airplane.  When we met our ride all was well...we got to the hotel.  Checked in great but when we got to our room we couldn't get in the door.  We kept trying and trying...so we had to track down someone to help us.  This nice young man tried it and then decided to put his whole weight into the door.  Well that worked...and we had to do that all weekend. 

Poor Jodi her bad luck never ended...on the way home her plane was cancelled and had to catch a flight to Detroit and didn't arrive home until midnight.  I do believe she had a great time though!!

I know I did and I can't thank you enough for the wonderful event.  It was so great seeing old and new friends.

Thanks again.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
I was with one also and she had the time of her life.  She hadn't had all poor Jodi's bad luck, thankfully.  She and Ann and I met at the airport which was a total thrill for me, not having seen Ann in almost 3 years and never having seen Pennie face to face, despite having burned up the phone lines for about 3 years!  We rode to the hotel (and Cindy I think ALL the doors are like that, we 'bout had to kick it in all weekend lol!)

Pennie had a great time with TK and Tami.  I noticed he had his arm around her the whole time they were talking, she told them about a project she's working on involving soaps and TK even offered to help her out with it down the road.  She did really well with him, but still got that "lala" look once in awhile; in spite of a lot of smarts and poise she is still not immune, I guess!  When she returned to the table after her encounter she was VERY quiet for a little while.  I asked if the mahn had rendered her speechless and she said, "yeah, I guess he did".  She couldn't get over how nice he was, to her and to everyone.  Ann and I had told her he's just very sweet and likes people, but as you all know, you just have to see him for yourself.

We had a wonderful weekend, and it was so great to have Ann there with us, she and Pennie got on like a house afire (I had a feeling they would).  I got totally tired out like I figured I would, but it was all so very well worth it.  I would do it again in a skinny New York minute.

I didn't get all the pictures I wanted, but I got what I could.  Mods please move this if you don't want it in this thread, thanks.  And thanks again for the wonderful party!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v673/FibroFrog/Hoboken%202009/

Love to all,

Kay

Banner by Fil
kchistory

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Here is a tail of a tk virgin (no more) as certain people like to say.

I wasn't feeling very good, so some of the trip was a struggle, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I was beyond happy that I was first meeting him as a poet, since he reawakened the love of poetry in me! 

When I spotted his hair I mainly sat staring at him! When it was time to wait to go up and see him I really started loosing it, but I calmed myself down a bit. I think I remember the beginning of seeing him but then it all gets fuzzy.

I asked one of the questions that I really wanted to know which was do his daughters speak any German? and he said a little and that his mother lives close by (which I knew, but just nodded) he asked if I spoke German and I said no but my mother is Danish and before I could explain why I wanted to know I got distracted by Tami. I remember a few other things but I swear the last part is a blur/gone!

I know after I left the couch I stood and took pictures with others and then watched him go. In one picture I was right behind him! My main regret is not putting my arm around him, but I will one day.

Someone said after I had met him that everything would be different and it was, but it took a day to sink in or for me to adjust. When I got home and saw my computer wallpaper of his face I thought Zach is not as gorgeous as TK!

Thanks Fil!
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 

Thank you so much for sharing all your photos with us Kay. Are you in the pics?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

Awwww YW sweetie.  Yes, I'm in a few of them

Banner by Fil
Eleven81

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
I just remembered a funny, little story that happened to me. It's not about Thorsten or the booksigning, but it happened at the airport on our way home. We went to this little airport restaurant at the gate called Dick Clark's something or other.

We saw how long it was taking them to get our order out to us, so we asked for it to be brought in take-out boxes. The waitress had labeled the boxes: "Patty Melt", "Burger", and mine which said...."C rap". Yes. It said crap right on the box. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that in a table of 5, I get stuck with the crap, LOL.

Actually, I had ordered a Chicken Wrap and I guess the server did not know there was a silent 'w' in the word 'wrap'. 

I thought it was pretty funny. Oh, and the wrap was delicious, by the way.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 

Sharon, were you at the Newark-Liberty airport on Sunday afternoon. It was about 12:00 or 1:00, I called you three times and you didn't turn around so I decided it wasn't you. You were looking rather worried as to where you were going. I didn't want to run up to you, tap you on the shoulder, and have you say to me "who the hell are you".

I know you enjoyed your weekend, I really enjoyed mine.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

Awwww YW sweetie.  Yes, I'm in a few of them

Hi Kay. I am sorry,i don't know which pics are of you.If you could let me know.Glad you all had a great time.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Well, Enis I guess that might've been me!  I don't remember being worried about anything, but when I got there, Kay was on Continental & so was I & Anne M. & her hub were driving us & we were at separate terminals, and I didn't do pre-board at the hotel, so I had no idea which terminal I needed & I was trying to get someone to answer my question & got nothing but a stone wall or an icy stare everywhere I went, so that could've been why I looked preturbed!  Turned out I was in a terminal down the way from Kay, so bless Brian & Anne, they waited for me to find out & drove me down to the other one!  But, it was like pulling teeth to find out!  I'm really sorry I missed you, Enis- I would've loved to talk to you once more!  It was fun seeing you & Brian again! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 

OMG, Monica...your story is hilarious!!  As a teacher, I'm sure you'll be spending a little extra time on the importance of spelling on next year's class, LOL!!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven81

We saw how long it was taking them to get our order out to us, so we asked for it to be brought in take-out boxes. The waitress had labeled the boxes: "Patty Melt", "Burger", and mine which said...."C rap". Yes. It said crap right on the box. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that in a table of 5, I get stuck with the crap, LOL.

Actually, I had ordered a Chicken Wrap and I guess the server did not know there was a silent 'w' in the word 'wrap'. 

That's hilarious!  I love stories like that.

Something interesting (non-TK-related) happened at the hotel - the valet/bellhop/waiter (honestly, this guy seemed to be everywhere and do everything, 24/7!) asked me where we were from when I got out of my car at the entrance, and when I told him, it turned out he'd lived in the same county in VA I live in, the same county in MD that Kathy lives in, he went to the local university where several of my friends and/or their kids have gone, and then when Kathy talked to him she found out he'd played ice hockey at the same rink in northern VA where her brother-in-law's team plays, and he knew her brother-in-law!  Small world!

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven81
I just remembered a funny, little story that happened to me. It's not about Thorsten or the booksigning, but it happened at the airport on our way home. We went to this little airport restaurant at the gate called Dick Clark's something or other.

LMFAO! You should have had the patty melt like we did!   We did get quite a few laughs out of that though.

Thanks Fil!
kchistory

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #41 
Well here is a not so good poem about the event. I am in the throes of a cold, but had to share this.

The Book-signing

Standing with butterflies a-flutter

Waiting to see TK in the shadows

Noise washes the room away

All I hear is my heart a-pounding

As I wait for time to stop.

Flashbulbs blur the scene around me

I hear myself talk  - even laugh

I feel my hand on his jean-ish knee

As we laugh at a joke

Between Tami, Thorsten and I.

The time has past but nothing remains

The face up close disappeared if it ever was there

Only a thumping in my heart and head tells me

He was there…he was there…he was there.

Thanks Fil!
AndieC

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Well, I was one of the "TK virgins" (I'm Froggie's friend Pennie, but there is another Penny/ie on the boards, so I will stick with AndieC).
Anyway, I will always remember this past weekend as long as I live. Meeting TK, meeting Kay, Kathy, Christy, Gina and so many of you I have only known online was a great experience.
TK was hotter, more gracious and more of a gentleman than I ever imagined. It is true, television does not do him justice. I thought he was gorgeous on TV, then I saw him in real life. Wow.
I watched as he took the time to greet each guest with genuine affection, gave each one his undivided attention for two minutes. I was so nervous, though, standing in line, book tucked under my arm,waiting my turn, I thought I was going to pass out. Then Gina came up to make an announcement about the auction, so I turned my attention to her and my back to the staging area. Next thing I knew, my free hand was grabbed by this HUGE, impossibly warm hand, and I was being led to the sofa by TK!!! That alone made me a bit light headed. But he was kind and funny (as was Tami) and teased me and had me laughing. He just held my hand and bent over backwards to make me comfortable. I expected to talk about the show, but he and Tami asked me about myself, my work, and so on... he did not project "Oh, look, I am a star" at all. And it was weird ... my two minutes flew by, but also seemed to last a long, long time, like I was sitting in a little glass snow globe. I write (for a newspaper) for a living, but for the life of me, I am at a loss for words.
I shared this with some of you there, but will repeat it here. This is how my oldest daughter Ali describes TK. She was watching AMC with me one day and I turned to her and asked, "Isn't TK hot." And she said, "Mom. that guy is so far past hot, he could never catch a bus back to hot."
Anyway, I am in the process of writing a review of "A Solid Wheel of Colored Ribbon" for the two weekly papers I work for. I ordered copies of the books for the little local rural libraries in the surrounding towns. The book is truly wonderful, and it will be a privilege to write about it. I guess I should say more, but I don't know what to say. Getting to meet people I have known online for years was amazing. I really will remember this weekend forever.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.