Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Trigger

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I've been off site for 3 months and feel sooo out of the loop. I can't believe I missed the opportunity for the book signing. I was the one who originally asked to have the 3rd edition signed before its release date--and thanks to Kathy mine arrived signed by our guy. I wonder if I can get in by default?

Hey Gina--I took 3rd edition to a local non-profit day camp for disadvantaged kids--because the Director was dedicating one week of summer camp to poetry. Inspite of the fact I know nothing about poetry, as the resident writer at another unit, they thought I could coax some poetry out of the kids. Write they did--some funny--some about hobbies--some sad--some surprisingly good; then they each bound their poems together like 3rd edition. The Director said she would put all the poems in one book for me so I could send it to TK. I thought he might like to see what he helped inspire. However, I'm off to new employment so I doubt she will remember to put the book together. Thanks to Kathy--who went to extraordinary lengths to get my book signed--Gina for her work on the book--and TK of course!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger

I've been off site for 3 months and feel sooo out of the loop. I can't believe I missed the opportunity for the book signing. I was the one who originally asked to have the 3rd edition signed before its release date--and thanks to Kathy mine arrived signed by our guy. I wonder if I can get in by default?

Hey Gina--I took 3rd edition to a local non-profit day camp for disadvantaged kids--because the Director was dedicating one week of summer camp to poetry. Inspite of the fact I know nothing about poetry, as the resident writer at another unit, they thought I could coax some poetry out of the kids. Write they did--some funny--some about hobbies--some sad--some surprisingly good; then they each bound their poems together like 3rd edition. The Director said she would put all the poems in one book for me so I could send it to TK. I thought he might like to see what he helped inspire. However, I'm off to new employment so I doubt she will remember to put the book together. Thanks to Kathy--who went to extraordinary lengths to get my book signed--Gina for her work on the book--and TK of course!

*MY* work on the book?  Noooooooooo.  That would be Kathy and Christy - being a doctor, I don't have a whole lot of spare time in my life.  Kathy is our main publishing pro, and she did the bulk of putting together the book and Christy also worked with her.

So thanks, but you're thanking the wrong person here!!

I'm sorry you're going to miss the signing - we're not only booked solid but our waiting list is full.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 

Chiming in here to add that I'm sorry you're missing the event too, Trigger! I think it's absolutely wonderful that TK's book of poetry was used to inspire kids to write poetry of their own. That's truly awesome.

Relative to offering signed books to the first group of purchasers of the third edition, though -- that was already our "tradition." We did the same thing with the second edition (in June 2002), and it was always part of the plan for the third. We just didn't want to announce it until we were ready; we wanted it to be a surprise. So although your suggestion wasn't the impetus, it was really synchronistic.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Chiming in here to add that I'm sorry you're missing the event too, Trigger! I think it's absolutely wonderful that TK's book of poetry was used to inspire kids to write poetry of their own. That's truly awesome.

Relative to offering signed books to the first group of purchasers of the third edition, though -- that was already our "tradition." We did the same thing with the second edition (in June 2002), and it was always part of the plan for the third. We just didn't want to announce it until we were ready; we wanted it to be a surprise. So although your suggestion wasn't the impetus, it was really synchronistic.

OH well--I'm still grateful and every time I look at it I say WOW he wrote my name and I laugh at the creativity of his signature. Kathy, if we ever meet, I owe you a great big hug!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.