Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
... and stay safe, everyone.  Prayers for the safety of everyone in the path of Frankenstorm, 2012.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Yes, everyone!!  Stay safe.

I never take these things seriously enough, but when they closed the University of Pennsylvania for 2 days I thought I had better start!!

June

kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Yes those of you up in the northeast (this means you too, TK!), please take care!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
And the Federal Govt. in DC is closed tomorrow, too. I just hope it's still closed on Tuesday! (Cause this retired Fed is on call for Federal jury duty on Tuesday.)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Kathy, Christy, and Gina - Hope you are all safe from this storm - Take care and we sure do appreciate all you do for us - Love, Peggy
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Kathy, I doubt that jury duty will be required on Tuesday and hope for your sake it isn't. I've been watching the weather channel a lot. I'm in Florida, but knowing that many of the people who post here are living within that huge danger zone have been worried for all of you. And of course my special thoughts are with Thorsten and his family. His area looks like it will be pretty rough for several days. Please check in when it's all over.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks, Peggy and Pat... I'm OFF the hook for jury duty tomorrow. It's raining/winding like a MF right now. How do you FL folks do it?!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Thanks, Peggy and Pat... I'm OFF the hook for jury duty tomorrow. It's raining/winding like a MF right now. How do you FL folks do it?!

All you ladies stay safe!! 

Kathy, I've lived in FL a very long time and I think the worst part of any hurricane is the wind.  We've had tropical storms that have more rain than most of the hurricanes I've been in but when it starts whipping up out there is when I get worried.  We lose at least 1 screen   every time and the lake comes to just below our house line.  Luckily my house is built to withstand 140 mph winds but the creepy sounds still freak me out!

Thanks Mon
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I'm watching all this scary shit on CNN......all of you stay safe.....I'm sending all positive thoughts your way!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I hope everyone in the northeast is safe.  Please be careful out there!
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Everything ok in my neck of the woods!!  Thank God!!

Everyone else??

June

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Kathy, Christy & Gina - I hope all of you are ok after the storm.  Check in asap & let us all know you're ok.  Also, I hope Thorsten, Susan & the girls made it through ok, too - if anyone has been in touch with them we'd all like to hear.  Not to forget our members in harm's way - I think everyone should take a second & check in so we can all exhale.  My thoughts go out to everyone in Sandy's path - I've lived thru many a hurricane in my lifetime here in SC, Hugo being the worst & I know it can be very tough. 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Hope everyone is safe. I've been watching the storms destruction and praying for all in Sandy's path.  I know what it is like to be without power for days.  I survived the tornados that hit Alabama 18 months ago.  No power for 5 days, no generator for the first 2.5 days, and driving to Tennessee, waiting in long lines for gas.  Shelves empty of basics. My words to you: It will get better.  Americans from all over the US sent supplies and workmen and volunteers came in from NY, CA, TX. and all points in between.  Americans from all over will be there to help.  That is one thing we as Americans do best:  WE HELP EACH OTHER!

It will get better, I know it is overwhelming right now and will be for days.

I have family in PA, WV, and upstate NY and OH.  All are well. 

Take care all, and be safe.

The Power of One can change the World.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #14 
Bee, I got twitchy just reading your post -- yikes! So glad your family is all right. Di, my hubby and I both thought it sounded like a freight train going through our yard last night... just unreal (as it sounds like you know)! But our only casualty has been Christy losing her power last night (and it's still out). Gina has been at her hospital since Sunday (patients at another hospital were evacuated there) and she weathered the storm there. I know we were all very lucky! As for the Kaye family I haven't spoken with them yet, but I'm sure they're OK! If there is one person I'd back against a hurricane... it would be Mr. Kaye!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
     Yeah, he's strong, smart, and reliable but I still worry about him  (....he IS human) so please let us know his situation when you do hear from him. 
      I've been extremely lucky in my 23 years in FL......lots of threats and debris but no direct hits. I once lost a storage shed in the back yard, had some close calls with water near doors, and l had to remove my BEAUTFUL jacaranda (sp?) tree (sob!), not because it fell down, but because it was pushed into such a slanted position that I feared it would fall on my neighbor's house with the next breeze. Eight years ago the spaghetti lines were aimed directly for Sarasota, so I fled with my son and d-i-l in their trailer. We spent 5 days in a field in Alabama. The storm hit Port Charlotte instead of our homes. The very next week another storm wiped out the campground we had been in. Scarry and sad. Every year I fear we have outlived our luck, but so far so good.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.